RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Jay29
10 posters

Go down

Norwich vs Arsenal Empty Norwich vs Arsenal

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:03 pm

Ljungberg's first team:

Leno; Chambers, Luiz, Mustafi, Kolasinac; Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock; Ozil; Lacazettle, Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Sokratis, Tierney, Torreira, Saka, Pepe, Martinelli

It's happening. Luiz and Mustafi together is happening. rofl

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Norwich vs Arsenal Empty Re: Norwich vs Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:16 pm

Let’s go!

2-4 is my prediction.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:49 pm

Let's see how Ozil does.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:07 pm

at least we started the game better and played more on the front-foot for some parts of the game. We did a lot of running in the first half, more than we've done in any game this season, and i think that's why we looked a bit flat in the second half. Losing cheap goals still affects us so much, not only scoreline wise, but psychologically as well - you can't help but feel looking at their faces they're thinking "ah shit, here we go again".

Freddie and his team have a lot to work on in the next few weeks, still feel the balance of the team selection wasnt good today. But we'll see what we can get up to the rest of the month. You would think we can only improve in some aspects.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Leno MOTM against bottom 3 side ffs
so may changes needed within next 2 windows
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm

Half the team needs to be sold and that's no exaggeration.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 pm

why was Auba playing wide most of the game
Quite annoyed
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:36 pm

Name 3 matches where auba and laca played and arsenal won keeping control and comfortably?

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:48 pm

Considering Ljungberg's had two sessions with the team, I honestly expected very little improvement, if any. At most, I thought we'd see a bit more effort and directness and we did see that, at least for parts of the game. But the usual problems weren't going to go away just like that.

Norwich were able to generate a lot of shots by running at the defence and shooting from wherever. The amount of shots they had from the edge of Arsenal's box was a problem all game. The defence is too deep while the rest of the team is too spread out. It's been plaguing them all season. I can say Norwich were fortunate to score off two low-percentage chances but with the amount they were shooting they were bound to get one.

As far as I know, there are only two ways to stop this: bank up and smother the opposition, or push up and press. Arsenal's problem is that their squad doesn't fit either of these approaches and then consistently end up with two detached units doing one thing or the other. And the part of the pitch suffering the most from that is the midfield, who have the thankless job of linking up a defence that won't come up and a forward line that won't come back.

So, good luck Freddie, lol.

Also, lol at Arsenal spending 70m on Pepe and then bringing on two teenagers instead of him. The guy has been a huge flop. Something has gone dramatically wrong if he can't even get off the bench ahead of kids.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:26 pm

Martinelli is better than him and should already get the nod ahead of him :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:00 pm

The reason for result was very personal dependent. Playing Mustafi (albiet he was very decent by his own standards) Luiz (Cannot run and can make rash decisions) and Xhaka (can play a bad pass whenever everyone is up field) in the same team is never advisable.

Pukki felt like messi beating Mustafi and luiz. No pressure on the ball whatsoever. All they do is stand between the ball and the goal like a VLC cone and everyone can get round them.

The second thing that worries me is that I saw no urgency, after the goals they were celebrating like its a champions league final, no urgency to get the ball back and restart the match. Goal kicks, throw ins, corners all had no urgency at all. It looked like that they are fine with the draw.

If the mentality doesnt change then no manager change can help us at all. From what I saw of Ozil he was poor. Can someone get the stat of chance creation by him??
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:54 pm

Xhaka is one of the worst players I've seen in my entire life
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:10 pm

mani88 wrote:The reason for result was very personal dependent. Playing Mustafi (albiet he was very decent by his own standards) Luiz (Cannot run and can make rash decisions) and Xhaka (can play a bad pass whenever everyone is up field) in the same team is never advisable.

Pukki felt like messi beating Mustafi and luiz. No pressure on the ball whatsoever. All they do is stand between the ball and the goal like a VLC cone and everyone can get round them.

The second thing that worries me is that I saw no urgency, after the goals they were celebrating like its a champions league final, no urgency to get the ball back and restart the match. Goal kicks, throw ins, corners all had no urgency at all. It looked like that they are fine with the draw.

If the mentality doesnt change then no manager change can help us at all. From what I saw of Ozil he was poor. Can someone get the stat of chance creation by him??

Ozil is done. I don't know why people still have hope in him
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:34 pm

El Gunner wrote:
mani88 wrote:The reason for result was very personal dependent. Playing Mustafi (albiet he was very decent by his own standards) Luiz (Cannot run and can make rash decisions) and Xhaka (can play a bad pass whenever everyone is up field) in the same team is never advisable.

Ozil is done. I don't know why people still have hope in him

Özil hasn't had a bad game this season until today. I'd chill with the he's done stuff. It was a bad game, which should not come as a surprise as he played out of position. Hopefully Freddie sticks him as an AM next game and brings Pepe in.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:58 am

CBarca wrote:Xhaka is one of the worst players I've seen in my entire life

he was actually one of better players.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:53 am

It was a really frustrating game. The players keep dwelling on the ball, no one can actually dribble or run with the ball. They all get bunched up near the touchline, while the rest of the pitch is just free.

Also, what was with Willock staying upfront and not being part of the build up? Multiple times you could see him near the opposition defence line while Chambers and whoever would struggle. Chambers kept over playing for no reason.

Also, unpopular opinion, Saka is being over rate by everyone. Yes, he has potential, but he did near jack squat when he came on. He barely dribbled past anyone and lost the ball most of the time. You can see the difference when Martinelli came on and the impact he had, while Saka was just there through out.

Also, I donr care about training, you need more than a 18 year old kid in a game like this, when Pepe who can run, dribble and score is sitting on the bench
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:35 am

Like Jay said, something must be going wrong in training with Pepe, he either lost all his confidence which in time hopefully can be recovered or a fraud which is Sad As for Saka, I don't think anyone overrate him, his stats is really not good. Maybe Ljungberg who had history with the guy in U23 picked player out of comfort and familiarity
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:22 pm

My two cents
Auba and laca in the same line up doesn't work
Arsenal need to wingers i.e nelson martinle (can work) saka pepe
Arsenal need a strong midfielder and ball carrier i.e torreria or cazorla type