Jonathan28
Le Samourai
free_cat
Die Borussen
urbaNRoots
39 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

de Gea bla bla a.k.a Best Food/Women/Weather in Europe - Page 3 Empty Re: de Gea bla bla a.k.a Best Food/Women/Weather in Europe

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Dude I've worked at bars for years and years now during my college years, I've never gotten a tip from a Spaniard.

Edit: Hell, my flatmate is Spanish, and she doesn't tip either. :X

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

de Gea bla bla a.k.a Best Food/Women/Weather in Europe - Page 3 Empty Re: de Gea bla bla a.k.a Best Food/Women/Weather in Europe

Post by JAY-Z Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:43 pm

braylann wrote:both Argentina and the USA have better food and women than all of western europe.

Argentina, agreed. Usa, NOT. What kind of food are we talking about in USA? MCDONALDS? Very Happy LOL

Anyways, Spain beats England in every competition here.

A tip for a beatiful women and good food is probably Albania, Macedonia hell, even Turkey : ).
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:57 pm

iker probably has another 4 years at least, so if some sort of pre-arrangement was made it wouldnt be completely unrealistic imo, de gea would be 25 but a lot can change in 4 years so..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:06 pm

USA has everything really....so does England.

But England I think is a bit more fragmented....the larger (London , Birmingham) cities are still plural societies . So the food will retain authenticity but you need to know exactly where to look for it.

USA has everything but it's all slightly diluted and Americanized.

BTW Arq Basque women are manly with Giant hands :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:09 pm

ffs somebody tell mole he accidently banned me from chat Evil or Very Mad
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:18 pm

mole No
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:42 pm

free_cat wrote:Yeah, what's the problem? I love spanish food, I only feel somewhat spanish when I eat Iberian Ham. Also spanish women are quite beautiful and spanish people are great except when it comes to politics, my only problem with them.
It's just that I've never seen you defend anything spanish before Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:iker probably has another 4 years at least, so if some sort of pre-arrangement was made it wouldnt be completely unrealistic imo, de gea would be 25 but a lot can change in 4 years so..

Reported for derailing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Also, the Spanish fry too much of their foods, though in general, Spanish cuisine is quite excellent, especially Tapas, and other appetizers are awesome.

BTW foreigners would be surprised how awesome food in Germany is. Not necessarily because German cuisine has tons of great recipes, but rather because quality of food is valued greatly here.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:25 pm

What's wrong with cold/rainy weather?

Why is sunny weather always seen as positive weather?

Always being sunny = too hot.

Cool weather > hot.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Not true. either way, RM can go do one!! He isn't for sale.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:52 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:What's wrong with cold/rainy weather?

Why is sunny weather always seen as positive weather?

Always being sunny = too hot.

Cool weather > hot.
This, IMO. I love it when clouds block out the sun, and when it's cool and a bit windy.

Maybe I think that because I have dry skin and it gets very irritated when it's hot. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Spain:

• Spanish women are definitely overrated, especially with how they believe they are so exotic...South American chicas shit on Spanish girls any day.

• Spanish food is good. Nothing extra ordinary though, take away pata negra and seafood and the rest is just as bland as English food. What makes Spanish food stand out is tapas and the culture of eating.

• Weather? Spain beats hands down.

England:

• English girls. Oh my, they have no features that stand out, so bland, most are ugly or overweight but almost all of them are shallow.

• The whether in England doesn't need any introduction and there is no defending it. Always gloomy, rainy, summer lasts about a week and in patches. Absolutely depressing. Especially since I come from Argentina.

• And food, make sure you get a bite of haggis when you're there. And try not to vomit. Food is bland, loads of potato. Fish and chips is okay but nothing extraordinary. Then again if you live in London, it is almost like you live in New York City. You have access to any cuisine you want. In that sense it beats any Spanish city.

Verdict: De Gea is right. He should leave. Especially Manchester, it really is a terrible, terrible city.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Wait, so there's no such thing as an normal or, even worse, an ugly woman in Spain? Every single statistical woman making up Spain's populace is pin-up material? Shocked
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:19 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:iker probably has another 4 years at least, so if some sort of pre-arrangement was made it wouldnt be completely unrealistic imo, de gea would be 25 but a lot can change in 4 years so..

Reported for derailing.
Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:27 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:BTW foreigners would be surprised how awesome food in Germany is. Not necessarily because German cuisine has tons of great recipes, but rather because quality of food is valued greatly here.

Seconded. I was in Mainz and Frankfurt in August to visit a friend and I was really impressed with the food quality, friendliness of the people, and just the overall experience. Not my first time in Germany and def. won't be my last. There were some very attractive people there, but in general the German people, while brilliant and extremely impressive as a people, aren't a great-looking crowd in general imo. (no offense to you Viva or other German posters here)

I've never been to Spain but plan to visit maybe even this December if im lucky. A Hungarian buddy of mine studied in Finland and Spain and said Spanish girls are very beautiful. In Europe, Hungarian girls are my favorite by a long-shot but i'm probably biased Smile . Go to Budapest and you will not be let down, trust me Very Happy I've visited quite a few european countries, including Austria, Poland, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Germany, Italy, Holland, France, England(London). Eastern European girls are the most beautiful in Europe imo, and South American women are among the best as well, though a bit on the crazy side from the ones I know. My most recent ex is Venezuelan and she was living here in California with me on a VISA until recently it expired and she had to go back Sad she's moody and unpredictable and VERY fiery when mad, but also very humble, fun, lively, warm-hearted and caring and loyal. we're still in touch but it's been a while now. I miss her a lot damnit Sad

America has some incredibly attractive girls. We are a cultural melting pot, that is the main reason why. People from all countries come to live here for the opportunities. I will say that typical American girls in general aren't my type. Many of them are b1tchy, loud, prissy and think and act like they are all that. No I can't stand the way many think they're entitled to everything and deserve to be spoiled and treated like princesses, and are very ignorant about other cultures and ways of life. Of course, not all American girls are like this, but the good ones are harder and harder to find every day, which is why I usually only date foreign girls.

Last edited by Be//ceCALI on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:36 pm

Well, I tend to not love to comment on the "where women are prettiest"-debates, because I'm aware of how that fluctuates. Take Germany, or Switzerland, where I'm familiar with... The outlook.

I live in Heidelberg now, a city where you will see a lot of attractive women, who will also be interesting. This is because it's a university town, and Germans in higher education, statistically, tend to be less overweight, and less inclined to conform to gender stereotypes, hence less prissy girly girls, or fatties - and less macho men with handlebar moustaches.

Go 10 miles west, and you're in Mannheim, a town which is incredibly fun, but predominantly working class, meaning fat people with mullets and perms, fake tan and an... interesting attitude.

Food is excellent in both cities, but it's a huge difference in how poeple look and behave.

The same is probably true most everywhere. Germans are the Americans of Europe, though, we're statistically the fattest, richest, and have the most immigrants. (Okay, all the countries wiht less than 5 million inhabitants are statistically richer, as in more per capita income ,but those countries lack rural areas, so that's hardly fair)

I think socio-economic stature probably matters more than geography. People from Manhattan and Frankfurt probably have more in common with each other than they have with many countrymen.

The Spanish still are shitty tippers, though, and thusly have earned my eternal fury.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 am

Lex wrote:Wait, so there's no such thing as an normal or, even worse, an ugly woman in Spain? Every single statistical woman making up Spain's populace is pin-up material? Shocked

No no Lex, we are speaking about the ratios when it comes to attractive women.
VivaStPauli wrote:Well, I tend to not love to comment on the "where women are prettiest"-debates, because I'm aware of how that fluctuates. Take Germany, or Switzerland, where I'm familiar with... The outlook.

I live in Heidelberg now, a city where you will see a lot of attractive women, who will also be interesting. This is because it's a university town, and Germans in higher education, statistically, tend to be less overweight, and less inclined to conform to gender stereotypes, hence less prissy girly girls, or fatties - and less macho men with handlebar moustaches.

Go 10 miles west, and you're in Mannheim, a town which is incredibly fun, but predominantly working class, meaning fat people with mullets and perms, fake tan and an... interesting attitude.

Food is excellent in both cities, but it's a huge difference in how poeple look and behave.

The same is probably true most everywhere. Germans are the Americans of Europe, though, we're statistically the fattest, richest, and have the most immigrants. (Okay, all the countries wiht less than 5 million inhabitants are statistically richer, as in more per capita income ,but those countries lack rural areas, so that's hardly fair)

I think socio-economic stature probably matters more than geography. People from Manhattan and Frankfurt probably have more in common with each other than they have with many countrymen.

The Spanish still are shitty tippers, though, and thusly have earned my eternal fury.

I still don't know where this idea has come from about poor tipping from Spaniards. I've noted that most Spaniards within your bar tip awfully yet I am guessing that most of them are from the Andulucian, Murcian, Extamadurians where the tipping culture and rate is notoriously low. But that represents relatively what is a small part of Spanish culture compared to the mainland and the north (The Basques are known as the Bavarians of Espana), where its bad culture to serve a low tip just as bad as not meeting eye contact when clashing wine glasses before a drink.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 am

Never heard about Spaniards not tipping...I have heard something similar about black people though (I've also experienced it first hand).

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 am

Arquitecto wrote:I still don't know where this idea has come from about poor tipping from Spaniards. I've noted that most Spaniards within your bar tip awfully yet I am guessing that most of them are from the Andulucian, Murcian, Extamadurians where the tipping culture and rate is notoriously low. But that represents relatively what is a small part of Spanish culture compared to the mainland and the north (The Basques are known as the Bavarians of Espana), where its bad culture to serve a low tip just as bad as not meeting eye contact when clashing wine glasses before a drink.

I do not know where they're from, and I don't speak Spanish, so dialects or accents would be lost on me, I can just testify, and repeat what I've heard from tons of friends, lots of whom work in German bars and restaurants, that Spaniards never tip. Maybe it's just the ones who go abroad, I don't know the origins of it.

I always assumed it was just unusual to tip in Spain, like, for instance in France they have the tip included in the bill, so quite a few French people don't know you have to tip seperately in Germany, but those who know generally do. Then there's regions where people just don't tip, like Bavarians and Austrians are notoriously bad tippers, I'm not sure where it comes from.

I can just tell you that the French, Italians, English, Austrians and Southern Germans are horrible tippers, while the Japanese, Americans, and Arabs tend to tip excellently. I mostly deal with tourists, mind you, though with the Spaniards a lot of them are probably college students with the Erasmus program as well.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:39 am

I don't frequent bars or restaurants where I actually need to pay often....but knowing myself the only way I would give a good tip is if I was with someone who would scrutinize me for giving a bad one.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 am

See? I always tip well, unless treated badly.

Then again, I make enough money to eat out daily if I so choose, and you're 16, so it's probably safe to assume, that giving a 10 to 15% tip is a big hit for your wallet, no?

Because I totally don't blame students for just rounding up when they tip me, it's people my age tipping below 5% that piss me off Very Happy

BTW I don't actually mean this seriously when I said this to make fun of the Spanish, I always assumed that it was cultural, like how the French just don't know oyu have to tip seperately, because it's included in the bill in France, or how in Italy you usually don't tip when you order at the bar.

I never pegged the Spanish for a cheap people, so I assumed it's just not customary to tip in Spain.

Can anyone actually shed some light on this for me?
Because while I like to make fun of it, and hate their football team, I do like the Spanish mentality.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:51 am

de Gea bla bla a.k.a Best Food/Women/Weather in Europe - Page 3 Tumblr_m6200fHvOz1r0kcy7
I don't know what you lot are on about, or even care we all know Mexico has the best women, food and beaches.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:08 am

@Viva.

I don't think I can help you. It's habitual for me because that's how my dad ( who is not Spanish but spent the greater portion of his life there) acts. But I don't think it's Spain that influenced his behavior, more so absolute poverty growing up. Spain reinforced it perhaps.

My mom really never pays for anything so I don't know...unless you count giving the people you carry your groceries nothing as not tipping Very Happy.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:30 am

braylann wrote:both Argentina and the USA have better food and women than all of western europe.
lol wut?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:32 am

Why should 'good looking women' determine where someone stays?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next