VivaStPauli
Die Borussen
EL Patron
Bellabong
Toffer Harley
Arquitecto
10 posters

Go down

Wolfsburg Manager Felix Magath Sacked. Empty Wolfsburg Manager Felix Magath Sacked.

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Wolfsburg have confirmed that they have parted ways with head coach Felix Magath.

The Radkappen lie bottom of the Bundesliga table and after four consecutive league losses, chairman Dr Francisco Garcia-Sanz has decided to look elsewhere.

Lorenz-Gunther Kostner will be in temporary charge of the team until a suitable replacement is found to take the helm at the Volkswagen Arena.

"We want to express our thanks to Felix Magath explicitly," an official statement on the club's website reads.

"He has during his two terms with Wolfsburg showed tremendous commitment and great achievement for our club, the city of Wolfsburg and the sport in the region."

"The focus now is on the upcoming games, and to as soon as possible progress to the middle of the league."

Long overdue. The man was just due for a sack.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Wolfsburg Manager Felix Magath Sacked. Empty Re: Wolfsburg Manager Felix Magath Sacked.

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

absolutely. he has burned crazy amounts of money for bundesliga standards and actually has a good squad at hand. it was just trial and error stuff but still the quality is high. good old felix likes to buy 10 people in the hope that one dzeko, grafite or misimovic will be in there...

on top of that there are like a zillion brazilians so i think they should have gotten some chemistry going as well, but none of that seemed to happen. the last few games i got the feeling that they were playing against their coach, reminds me of certain HSV years ^^. it can only get better from now on..
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Wolfsburg Manager Felix Magath Sacked. Empty Re: Wolfsburg Manager Felix Magath Sacked.

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

absolutely. he has burned crazy amounts of money for bundesliga standards and actually has a good squad at hand. it was just trial and error stuff but still the quality is high. good old felix likes to buy 10 people in the hope that one dzeko, grafite or misimovic will be in there...

on top of that there are like a zillion brazilians so i think they should have gotten some chemistry going as well, but none of that seemed to happen. the last few games i got the feeling that they were playing against their coach, reminds me of certain HSV years ^^. it can only get better from now on..

Good god I remember his atrocious HSV and Bremen years. I never knew what the fuss about Magath is as despite being unorthodox all he really does alienate players with his methods and training. From a tactical perspective he is quite poor and doesn't really know how to change a certain game plan when it doesn't work as he sticks with the same old outdated crap.

He is Marcelo Bielsa without the substance and results. I was a fan of his previous Wolfsburg stint but that is where it ends.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Magaths master plans was to bring Wolfsburg to relegation so he could get another Bentley for getting them out of the zone.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Phritz wrote:Magaths master plans was to bring Wolfsburg to relegation so he could get another Bentley for getting them out of the zone.

"He was once described by former Eintracht Frankfurt player Bachirou Salou as the "last dictator in Europe".

Fits his tyrannical description. Too bad he is a clueless manager and can't back up his fascist methods.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Surprise it took them this long to get rid of him, the guy is a nutter
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:41 pm

this guy sent in my team a freaking awesome player on loan from wolfsburg named sissoko

thank you felix :bow: and i always wondered why he did it, cause the player is a beast.
so its probably cause he indeed is a bad coach

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:27 am

Ninis wrote:this guy sent in my team a freaking awesome player on loan from wolfsburg named sissoko

thank you felix :bow: and i always wondered why he did it, cause the player is a beast.

it's just a loan Suspect
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:12 am

Toffer Harley wrote:
Ninis wrote:this guy sent in my team a freaking awesome player on loan from wolfsburg named sissoko

it's just a loan Suspect
yeah xD but a 2 year loan. but for me he can easily walk into the wolfburg team right now, heck even tottenham's scouters got impressed when we played against them and were asking for more info for the player

the guy will probably play for a top club in couple of years

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Magath does have quite a few successes to his name, won the league with more than one club, his Schalke run was rather good as well. I think some things just don't work out, and despite being an utter and complete nut, Magath still has a lot to offer, if the right club comes knocking.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Ninis wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:

it's just a loan Suspect
yeah xD but a 2 year loan. but for me he can easily walk into the wolfburg team right now, heck even tottenham's scouters got impressed when we played against them and were asking for more info for the player

the guy will probably play for a top club in couple of years

it says here he's coming back 2013. never seen him tho
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:18 pm

how does this guy keep getting work? it seems like he keeps crashing teams into the ground after spending a butt load of money. makes no sense

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:54 pm

wolfsburg leading 3-0 :bow:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:08 pm

It's funny how the next match for Wolfsburg after sacking Quälix, they are destroying Düsseldorf 4-1. Diego has been brilliant.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Has been crap since his glory days, which were quite a few years ago. There's no excuse for burning so much money, yet building such a mediocre team.

The other Buli teams could have done wonders with that money. Then again, Wolfsburg does not have anything resembling a youth academy...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:20 pm

walter wrote:I heard that the only thing the new Wolfsburg coach had to do was "untrained' his players, that is, he had them smoke pot, eat pizza, leave their dirty laundry around and play video games... of course, I didn't make this up...
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down