dostoevsky
forza.milan
KR10
Kaladin
8 posters

Go down

The RB dilemma Empty The RB dilemma

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Currently we have 2 right-backs Abate and De Sciglio, now Abate is experienced in this position and held himself against the likes for Ronaldo, Eto and Bale, but his recent performances show that he has degressed, no not just recentley but even last year (letting Messi slip by, poor touch that led to Milito's goal) if anything this isnt the beast Abate that was part of the godly defense that helped us win the league. Now we move on to De Sciglio, a rising prospect that is showing us just what he is made of when we deploy him on the field, the thing about De Sciglio that makes me think of who should be our starter is that: he can cross, and quite good at that. Now we move on to the next point, the deployment of DS as a LB, sincerley i do not approve of this. Why? 1) Its not his natural position 2) It may hinder his development 3) He isn't solid as a LB due to unfamiliarity ( See Samuel's goal). This leaves our quacker of a manager 2 options: Drop Abate for DS (who can, and im sure) develop into a WC RB, or we continue to play Abate hoping he might find his feet again?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The RB dilemma Empty Re: The RB dilemma

Post by KR10 Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:02 pm

I don't think De Sciglio should be rushed into a starter position just yet. I agree he looks much better on the right, so I think him and Abate should share playing time this season, with MDS being 2nd choice. I think by later this season or early next season MDS will be able to assert himself as the clear number one.

What we really need is a new LB, since we have decided that Didac isn't good enough and Ema can't play there.

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by forza.milan Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 am

One thing Allegri does well is ease young players into the first team. He did the same with El Shaarawy last season what he is doing with De Sciglio this season - giving them some minutes, not too much, but reminding them all the time that he has faith in them. That much can be seen from their press conferences. I think we should wait patiently and that De Sciglio will eventually succeed Abate in the RB position.
forza.milan
forza.milan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:16 am

As the others have said, the majority of youngsters require careful treatment to reduce the pressure of expectations upon them. Abate in turn requires a level of competition with the threat of the bench to reverse a sense of complacency that he has had around him. I've no particular concern over De Sciglio being used as a left back, if he provides a better option to the team in this position then I can't justify not using him there, particularly given that our alternatives here are certainly not as strong as Abate. No one is going to be clamouring to see Mesbah on the left rather than Abate on the right and the fact that this is not simply a competition between players in a single position, but finding the most stable unit across both flanks must be recognised. The decision to field either a three man or four man backline will also contribute to the decision, with De Sciglio the more comfortable player when given more offensive duties.

P.S. Just for the record, being given the slip by one of the greatest players of all time isn't something to retire over.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 pm

Totaly agree on this Dostoevsky .

In my mind , there's no doubt Max should clear things up with that haunted leftback position which is more of a dilemma than the right ever was , since Abate made it. De Sciglio was convincing and promising as LB , deserved his chances and i really like how Max doesn't rush him there , but slowly makes him feel able and willing to claim a position his own .

As for Abate , of course he had bad games , but that's normal , all players do. Scraping him to the bench already is an exaggeration we cannot afford to think of.Sometimes fans are quick to forget and quick to praise , however a little trust and some good results will prove enough to start posting on the Abate thread again.. :coffee:

With that being said , he has to improve himself with the ball at his feet when he's further up the field. He's trying though , it's obvious . He always worked hard and i think he will be making progress soon enough .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 am

Surprisingly Constant looked good, but I'm not going to get too excited just yet.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:31 am

Right now Constant is our starting left back, until I'm proven otherwise. MDS will eventually take over for Abate at Right Back, we all know this. It's just a matter of time.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:06 am

i think we need to chillax with constant's performance.... it was a great perfromance at LB for him, but that is actually the first of 3 or 4 games he played LB or LWB and didnt suck so hopefully he was adjusting to the position, and is getting comfortable there.

as for RB, i agree with most people, abate is still starting, but MDS will get a decent chunk of time, as well as time on the left before didac comes back.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down