fatman123
Red Alert
Raptorgunner
lszanto
Abramovich
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chelsea vs Liverpool - A Fascinating Stat Empty Chelsea vs Liverpool - A Fascinating Stat

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 am

If Liverpool beat Chelsea on sunday, it will be their 4th back-to-back win at Stamford bridge.
0-1 W (Feb '11)
1-2 W (Nov '11)
0-2 W (Nov '11- League Cup)

The last time Liverpool won 4 or more back to back games at Anfield, it goes back to Jan/Feb/March/Apr of 2010, last year under Benitez when they won 9 consecutive games at Anfield (in all competitions).
2-0 W vs Spurs
2-0 W vs Bolton
1-0 W vs Everton
1-0 W vs Uniera
2-1 W vs Blackburn
4-1 W vs Portsmouth
3-0 W vs Lille
3-0 W vs Sunderland
4-1 W vs Benfica
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 years and 9 months, since 4 back to back wins at our own stadium, and we can repeat it at Chelsea's :bow:

Shame it won't happen though. 3-1 loss waiting

Back to top Go down

Chelsea vs Liverpool - A Fascinating Stat Empty Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool - A Fascinating Stat

Post by Abramovich Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:59 am

Yeah right, nice reserve jinx.

Although no Lucas maybe we have a chance, but some scrub always turns up to perform. I expect Suarez to rape Luiz and Jonjo to score a hattrick.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Chelsea vs Liverpool - A Fascinating Stat Empty Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool - A Fascinating Stat

Post by lszanto Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:45 am

Liverpool are our bogey team.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:56 am

Liverpool will win 3-1.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:04 am

Liverpool will lose 4-1 with Torres scoring a hattrick.

Chelsea fans will love him "again" for approximately six months before they turn on him again.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:59 am

ynwa wrote:Liverpool will lose 4-1 with Torres scoring a hattrick.

Chelsea fans will love him "again" for approximately six months before they turn on him again.

:facepalm:

that tool has just as much chance of scoring a hat-trick vs liverpool as Petr Cech does, and even if by some miracle he does it wont be heaily due to his "brilliance"

fingers crossed Sturridge starts but i doubt he will
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:00 pm

No chance we are gonna win this, Would be more than pleased with a draw.

Chelsea 4-1/3-1 Liverpool.
Suarez will score, But so will Torres Sad

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Cashley out for the clash...
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:33 pm

^ well, It's good news for sure. because neither Mata nor Hazard track back much, so if we could create a 2 vs 1, with Johnson and Suso/Sterling doubling up on Bertrand we may find some good openings.

Though, I am sure we'll concede at least 1-2 goals since Allen can't single handedly handle Mata,Hazard,Oscar.

where are you Lucas when we need you Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Schweini wrote:^ well, It's good news for sure. because neither Mata nor Hazard track back much, so if we could create a 2 vs 1, with Johnson and Suso/Sterling doubling up on Bertrand we may find some good openings.

Though, I am sure we'll concede at least 1-2 goals since Allen can't single handedly handle Mata,Hazard,Oscar.

where are you Lucas when we need you Sad
You'd have to be as fast and accurate as Shaktar on the counter and in general to REALLY exploit Cole's absence.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:04 pm

I've a feeling it's time for us to taste defeat at Stamford Bridge, but still wishing the match was already tomorrow!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:04 pm

My bet for Chelseas victory has been already made. Hope I win now Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:05 pm

I think Chelsea will win 2-1/2-0/1-0.

However Liverpool usually do well against Chelsea/big teams and that might continue.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:54 pm

I dont think it will continue.

Lost to Arsenal, Drew with City, Lost to Utd.

Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Chelsea 3 - 5 Liverpool :coffee:
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Liverpool have looked great against the big clubs, which is the only reason I think anyone who wants off the Rodgers bandwagon is crazy.

The problem with Liverpool is they need to take care of business against the middle and lower ends of the EPL table. However, despite the manager, hasn't that been the Liverpool story of the last few years?
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:45 am

fatman123 wrote:

Damn.

I would much rather Sturridge starts than Fernando. Please start Daniel lad. :bow:

Torres would definitely want to fix his goal to game ratio. He may have scored more goals against Chelsea than he has for them. /triestobegoallegacylegendbytrolling Rolling Eyes

Motogp69 wrote:Liverpool have looked great against the big clubs, which is the only reason I think anyone who wants off the Rodgers bandwagon is crazy.

The problem with Liverpool is they need to take care of business against the middle and lower ends of the EPL table. However, despite the manager, hasn't that been the Liverpool story of the last few years?

That really isn't the case this season. We've lost to Arsenal and United (robbed.) and drew with Man City.

But yeah, every manager since Hou has found it difficult against the "lesser" sides rather than the "big" teams. Well, bar Roy, though he did beat Chelsea at Anfield thanks to Fernando Torres. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:48 am

Blue Barrett wrote:You'd have to be as fast and accurate as Shaktar on the counter and in general to REALLY exploit Cole's absence.

I do rate Bertrand, but if he doesn't get help he may find it difficult with Suso and Johnson double-teaming him. Hazard has been really lazy with tracking back.

Nishank wrote:No chance we are gonna win this, Would be more than pleased with a draw.

Chelsea 4-1/3-1 Liverpool.
Suarez will score, But so will Torres Sad

Nish, your pessimistic attitude is making me worried. I miss the old positive Nishie. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 am

Chelsea vs Liverpool - A Fascinating Stat 530998_463292013708876_1680925956_n
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:54 pm

ynwa wrote:
Nish, your pessimistic attitude is making me worried. I miss the old positive Nishie. Sad

Sad
Nothing seems to work nowadays, I have faith, But its long term.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:45 pm

I have trouble knowing what to expect from this match. We do tend to step up for "big matches" (Chelsea in particular). However, we've also failed to convince for the full 90 mins, yet. We can play with anyone in the league. The problem is still remaining focused for a full 90 and not giving away "stupid" chances. Perhaps this is a symptom of youth, a new system, or a combination of the two, but it bit us in the bum against Man City, Man Utd (extenuating circumstances), Sunderland, Udinese, and most recently Anzhi.

On the one hand, I think we're capable of exploiting a rather static CB pairing of Cahill-Terry and an untested full-back pairing of Bertrand-Azpilicueta. Even so, I think the best we can hope for offensively is a goal... maybe a lucky second. Let's face it; the cutting edge just hasn't been there recently. For us to take this, at least one of Suso, Sterling, Sahin or Gerrard will have to be on their game and likely score. On the other hand, we would still have to limit Chelsea to a single goal at most. I'm not sure our concentration/comfort-level is at a point where we can deal with Mata, Oscar, Hazard, and Torres. Let's not underestimate our former #9. He may be out of form, but he's not missing the sitters this year. If Mata, Hazard and Oscar create something, he will be lurking in the area, hoping to feast on the scraps. Because of this, I have trouble seeing us come away with more than a point. That said, stranger things have happened.

donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:23 pm

ynwa wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Damn.

I would much rather Sturridge starts than Fernando. Please start Daniel lad. :bow:

Torres would definitely want to fix his goal to game ratio. He may have scored more goals against Chelsea than he has for them. /triestobegoallegacylegendbytrolling Rolling Eyes

Motogp69 wrote:Liverpool have looked great against the big clubs, which is the only reason I think anyone who wants off the Rodgers bandwagon is crazy.

That really isn't the case this season. We've lost to Arsenal and United (robbed.) and drew with Man City.

But yeah, every manager since Hou has found it difficult against the "lesser" sides rather than the "big" teams. Well, bar Roy, though he did beat Chelsea at Anfield thanks to Fernando Torres. :bow:

I didn't say anything about winning or losing, but your best soccer has been played against the best teams. However, you should of done the business against United and City.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:11 am

Motogp69 wrote:I didn't say anything about winning or losing, but your best soccer has been played against the best teams. However, you should of done the business against United and City.

I personally have to disaagree with this.

We have been pretty consistent against most teams this season. We're just not very clinical infront of goal. I do feel you're saying we've performed better because it's been more free-flowing football against the bigger sides as they don't play with 10-men behind the ball. But on the majority, we have performed against most sides.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:19 am

ynwa wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:I didn't say anything about winning or losing, but your best soccer has been played against the best teams. However, you should of done the business against United and City.

We have been pretty consistent against most teams this season. We're just not very clinical infront of goal. I do feel you're saying we've performed better because it's been more free-flowing football against the bigger sides as they don't play with 10-men behind the ball. But on the majority, we have performed against most sides.

To go on what ynwa said, we've only been outperformed once against Arsenal. Quite frankly, we've been the better side on all of our other matches.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LFCAintQuiteHistory Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
ynwa wrote:

To go on what ynwa said, we've only been outperformed once against Arsenal. Quite frankly, we've been the better side on all of our other matches.

Well id say against WestBrom Liverpool played very badly aswell

LFCAintQuiteHistory
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next