If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season?

+27
white_star
Tomwin Lannister
Abramovich
B-Mac
VivaStPauli
DeviAngel
Rebaño Sagrado
BeautifulGame
juventus101
eelir
la bestia negra
zizzle
Jack Daniels
peerless
Luca
CBarca
barca 2011
rwo power
RealGunner
bazinga
the xcx
Donuts
7amood11
Mr. Moratti
Ganso
Onyx
Lex
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season?

Post by zizzle Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 am

As far as inter is concerned, player like Palacio, Cassano, Guarin, Ronochia and Handanovic would probably jump ship but we'd retain all the senior players like Zanetti, combiasso, stanko and probably maybe samuel and Milito. Our youth products would probably stick around since they'll get more playing time. So yea, we'd probably earn promotion with ease but on the long term we'd really suffer.

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season?

Post by Ganso Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 am

Nameless wrote:
Ganso wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I doubt anyone would even leave if Real Madrid got relegated.

Which is why we'd most likely get promoted right away.
LOL,if Madrid got relegated A LOT of players would leave.I think only Iker,Pepe,Ramos,Arbeloa,Marcelo,Calejon and Higuain would want to stay
You cant just LEAVE while under a contract rofl.

I could see RM bossing in segunda divison tho.
Sometimes I wonder why you post on a footy forum when your knowledge about it is so damn low.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 am

hmm would you expect them to stay if your team lets say still plays in the CL
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:35 am

Well, you shouldn't underestimate the loss of money when a team gets relegated. It is not only that most contracts allow players to leave due to relegation, the club probably couldn't even afford them anymore. At least in Germany you see relegates teams offload expensive players if possible (look at 1.FC Köln) and it is rare that a team keeps the whole team (Hertha did so last relegation in a gamble that they'd be up right away).

I understand that the Premier League has a fund for relegated teams that helps them over the financial cuts due to relegation at first, but in the BL you get no such help. (Dunno how Serie A and La Liga handle this - could anyone help me out there?)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:32 am

0 loyalty is not true. I strongly believe that Barca could save at least half La Massia players of the first team. Half Barca team will destroy half La Liga teams, let alone second league.

Also i think if Barca gets goes down, Barca B goes further down, so we just promote the other half of Barca B to Barca and we still get a great team Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:38 am

When Koln got relegated, their most vital players left, so now their sitting midtable in the 2nd bundesliga. Rensing, Geromel, Sereno, Riether, Novakovic, and of course Podolski all left. Thats their starting CB partnership and Goalkeeper, best DM, best player overall and best goalscorer.

When Juventus got relegated, we lost alot of good players, such as Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Ibrahimovic, etc, but we were still so strong that there was never really a doubt in my mind that we wouldnt pop right back up. I mean, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Buffon, Camoranesi, and Nedved. That attack was among the best in the world.

Right now, id say Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Marchisio, Vidal, Marrone, and Caceres would all stay, and Pirlo, Barzagli, Quagliarella, Asamoah, Pepe, and Vucinic are pretty good possibilities too. So alit would leave, but enough would stay that we would bounce right back up and still conpete for the scudetto the next season.

So to say Madrid wouldnt lose players is ridiculous. Ronaldo would be on the first plane back to Manchester. Ozil, Benzema, Khedira, Di Maria, Modric, Marcelo, and Coentrao i could all see leaving. Boy would that be an interesting transfer window.

Barca would keep more players since theyre homegrown, but i still see Villa, Sanchez, Fabregas, Alves, Mascherano, Song, Alba, and Adriano. And Messi would be a funny situation. It wouldnt really be fair if he would still be considered the best in the world for the Ballon Dor and whatnot if he was playing in the second division. So that would be an interesting situation.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:05 pm

juventus101 wrote:When Koln got relegated, their most vital players left, so now their sitting midtable in the 2nd bundesliga. Rensing, Geromel, Sereno, Riether, Novakovic, and of course Podolski all left. Thats their starting CB partnership and Goalkeeper, best DM, best player overall and best goalscorer.
Well, the players were actually shown the door at Köln for financial reasons. Michael Rensing actually wanted to stay at Köln and help them rebuild, but Köln considered him too expensive and thus asked him to look for a new club even though he still had a running contract.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Nameless wrote:
Ganso wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I doubt anyone would even leave if Real Madrid got relegated.

LOL,if Madrid got relegated A LOT of players would leave.I think only Iker,Pepe,Ramos,Arbeloa,Marcelo,Calejon and Higuain would want to stay
You cant just LEAVE while under a contract rofl.

I could see RM bossing in segunda divison tho.

Most players add a relegation clause in their contract if iam not mistaken so might not be even in the hands of clubs.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

Trust me, A LOT of players are going to leave.

You expect CR7, Benzema, Di Maria, and Oezil to spend a season in the Segunda Just for Madrid? Laughing They'll be on the first plane out to other clubs.

Well they'd know that we'd get promoted right away and be back to competing for major trophies again.

There's been seasons where we haven't won anything, yet players didn't leave then.

Madrid getting promoted and immediately start challenging for titles is never going to happen. Which is why the majority of Madrid players will NOT be willing to stay for 5+ years of rebuilding. Just not gonna happen.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 pm

For Chivas most would stay, since only like 3 players aren't from Chivas's cantera. I don't see Chivas being in the 2nd division for more than a year, but winning the 2nd division in Mexico is hard. Anyway we have the federation that protects big teams like us from relegation, so we wont go down unless we do a River.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:43 pm

7amood11 wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

Trust me, A LOT of players are going to leave.

You expect CR7, Benzema, Di Maria, and Oezil to spend a season in the Segunda Just for Madrid? Laughing They'll be on the first plane out to other clubs.

Well they'd know that we'd get promoted right away and be back to competing for major trophies again.

There's been seasons where we haven't won anything, yet players didn't leave then.

Madrid getting promoted and immediately start challenging for titles is never going to happen. Which is why the majority of Madrid players will NOT be willing to stay for 5+ years of rebuilding. Just not gonna happen.

I meant if the players stayed.

It depends on how the relegation happens. Whether it's due to poor form or some sort of scandal etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:52 pm

We've done this Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:55 pm

We were relegated the season before last, and we did not get promoted right away again, so I guess I can answer this honestly with: "No" Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 pm

rwo power wrote:
juventus101 wrote:When Koln got relegated, their most vital players left, so now their sitting midtable in the 2nd bundesliga. Rensing, Geromel, Sereno, Riether, Novakovic, and of course Podolski all left. Thats their starting CB partnership and Goalkeeper, best DM, best player overall and best goalscorer.
Well, the players were actually shown the door at Köln for financial reasons. Michael Rensing actually wanted to stay at Köln and help them rebuild, but Köln considered him too expensive and thus asked him to look for a new club even though he still had a running contract.

Yea, i know what happenned. Either way, he left. Even if it was the boards fault. Rensing was excellent for Koln as well.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:39 pm

if Madrid got relegated all there players would be on first plane to Paris lol (PSG)
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:if Madrid got relegated all there fans would be on first plane to Paris lol (PSG)

Fixed Laughing
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 pm

Well it depends how you get relegated. If those top teams managed to finish bottom 3 due to being terrible then there's a good chance they'd languish for a couple of seasons because the few performing players would probably leave.

But if one of those teams got Calciopoli'd and kept a few loyal players then they'd boune up probably. Keep in mind the pulling power of Madrid, Bayern etc would still be greater than mid-table teams in the 1st division because most players would think about where the club could stand in a few seasons.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Abramovich wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:if Madrid got relegated all there fans would be on first plane to Paris lol (PSG)

Fixed Laughing

+1000
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:16 pm

we can't get relegated
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:we can't get relegated
Lies. Your clock is broken.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 pm

justdoit_ wrote:
Toffer Harley wrote:we can't get relegated
Lies. Your clock is broken.

hehe yea, which is really weird. we live in the 21st century, how in the world can some mechanical clock be damaged beyond repair. but anyway, seems like we're getting a digital one now Cool
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm

If Inter were relegated tomorrow, I expect Zanetti to play in his 60's
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:20 am

hah... madrid's players won't stick around if they failed to qualify for the champions league, let alone getting relegated.

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 am

Not an issue tbh.. Floflo would just go rampage on a market.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2