fatman123
Kick
lszanto
Motogp69
Shed
23 posters

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread

Post by Kick Sun 27 Jan - 8:49:39

Daily star reporting Moyes in the picture for Chelsea.

His contract runs out at the end of the season which means he could replace Rafa at the end of the season. Unfortunately there are no quotes or even an insiders quote. It also mentions Klopp and Jose. I would be very happy with any but Moyes seems more likely than Kloppo.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread

Post by CBarca Tue 29 Jan - 0:38:27

Moyes has done well but he's unproven with a top 4 team. He's done extremely well with the limited budget he has, and he plays decent football too.

The problem is, he's been managing a team this way for a while. While those are all fantastic skills...do they translate into being able to manage a top 4 team?

Personally I'd love for him to stay at Everton and not go to the likes of Chelsea.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue 29 Jan - 6:22:34

Personaly id really like Pelligrini at Chelsea. I know things didnt go great for him at RM but when you compare his squad to that Barcelona team, he never really had a chance tbh. Plus it looks like hes a big fan of Piazon which could push him into the first team picture a bit more. Only downsides would be the effect itd have on Malaga and he could bring Isco with him (awesome player but not needed at Chelsea)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed 30 Jan - 2:10:30

I'd love to see RDM back but I don't know how possible it is, but the fact is that I really don't understand why we appointed Rafa Benitez first, I mean I consider him a very good manager and I also don't know the reason fans are so against him, but sacking RDM was absolutely clueless. Yea we weren't doing as we expected at the beginning of the season, but he was very unlucky with the big games that costed him the job, I mean in the Supercups ,Iva red card and Falcao having the greatest night of his life (yea maybe I exagerated but he was really scoring with such an ease) and also losing two goals lead against Juve and that match against United were we got screwed by the ref. And also why we sold Sturridge and not Torres? Sturridge didn't have any problem with being 2nd choice CF as he went out only when he was relegated to 3rd choice, while Torres complained about it right after the CL win and stayed cause Drog left. Seriously for once I even thought about not supporting the club anymore
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed 30 Jan - 3:07:33

Specifically on the subject of Moyes, I'd have him, but he's certainly not high up on my list. As Pat Nevin put it back when AVB was sacked and the subject of next permanent manager came up on CTV, he could be the kind of person to "create a dynasty" at Chelsea. There's no need to write up about the great job he's done at Everton, he plays some pretty decent stuff and clearly has a pretty good eye in the transfer market. Nevertheless, I'd much sooner have Klopp (my personal #1 choice although I don't see him as attainable), Laudrup or even Poyet over him. Also think his lack of flashiness and continental zest will make it unlikely big-name-obsessed Roman would go for him over others.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 30 Jan - 3:16:52

Klopp is my first choice and has been since AVB. Moyes would be my third after Jose but the most likely IMO. I personally think Moyes could use a bit more flair in his tactics and with our players I could see it happening as long as he isn't one dimensional.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed 30 Jan - 3:24:42

Kick wrote:Klopp is my first choice and has been since AVB. Moyes would be my third after Jose but the most likely IMO. I personally think Moyes could use a bit more flair in his tactics and with our players I could see it happening as long as he isn't one dimensional.
Mourinho Mad
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed 30 Jan - 3:30:32

nobody else is in favour of Pellegrini then?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 30 Jan - 3:37:40

Iwould be fitman.

Why no mou?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed 30 Jan - 3:54:13

fatman123 wrote:nobody else is in favour of Pellegrini then?
NO, now GTFO The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 2 2276801876

Kidding, kidding eco smile
For me, he'd be even lower on the list than Moyes, but I wouldn't be completely infuriated by it or anything. He's done pretty well with Malaga despite the financial meltdown at the club over the summer and his best player being sold off. Has them back competing for a CL spot and has guided them to the Round of 16 in this year's competition after finishing group winners in the last round. Wouldn't be a horrible choice, but he really doesn't fit the mold of the kind of person I'm personally hoping for for the position.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed 30 Jan - 3:57:45

Kick wrote:Iwould be fitman.

Why no mou?
A number of reasons. The owner and club clearly have a masterplan and vision on how and where they want things to go in the coming years as the club moves into its next era, and everything Mourinho brings is in direct and complete contradiction to that.

• We've started stockpiling some of the best young talent in Europe and have most of them either on loan or in the reserves, with an eye on one day bringing them into the first-team to presumably eliminate the kinds of massive transfer fees paid for superstars in years past in this age of Financial Fair Play. Mourinho is NOT going to focus one iota on youth/non-established first-teamers or developing any of it and bringing it through. Never has, and certainly isn't about to start now.

• They seem to be looking for a longer-term appointment, as ironical as it might sound. The massive fee paid to land AVB which made him the most expensive manager in the history of the game certainly suggests that they were hoping to make him a long-term thing. Obviously that didn't work out, but considering Abramovich is said to have handpicked AVB for the position himself, I think it's safe to assume even he knows the constant in and out with mangers can't keep up for much longer. With Mourinho, for the entirety of his career, he's been a 2 or 3 year, flash in the pan, win a few trophies then bolt for the next adventure kind of guy. And, more often than not, the club he leaves behind is left in ruins.

• Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, is style. It's no secret that Abramovich's chief desire is to get Chelsea playing a free-flowing, attacking brand of football. On top of that, he's already spent well over £100m in the last year or two to begin bringing in the kinds of players to make that happen. Mourinho is a defensive, safety-first, physical-game kind of manager. Remember when NO ONE could score against us and once we went 1-0 up, the game was essentially over? Not only is his style the complete opposite of what the owner desires so greatly, it's completely and utterly unsuited to the players that now make up a plurality of this squad. Are the likes of Mata, Hazard, Oscar, et al. suited to Mou's affinity for physicality and grit? Are they going to be capable of or even willing to play his sitting-back, defensive, safety-first type of game? No, not in the slightest.

Any way you look at it, he's the exact wrong appointment. It would reek of the same ill-thought-out, big-name-seeking, plan-less decision-making that Roman and his board have done far too much of this past decade.

(Sorry for the long post but it had to be said :coffee: )
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 30 Jan - 4:10:22

I disagree about the defencive manager part, he has proven to be very attacking at Inter and RM. as for the rest, it is understandable.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed 30 Jan - 4:26:38

Kick wrote:I disagree about the defencive manager part, he has proven to be very attacking at Inter and RM. as for the rest, it is understandable.
Hardly. He has the most expensive squad in the history of the game at his fingertips right now and he still plays 3 defensive midfielders when he comes up against any side of quality Laughing
Also, ask any Madrid fans if they think he plays an attractive, attacking, free-flowing game and see how they respond Laughing

Besides, it's not only about attacking vs defensive style, it's the actual KIND of players he likes. As I mentioned in my post, when he was in England he founded the team on big, hard, physical players. Big center-forward, strong centerbacks and a midfield with real grit and steel to it. Just don't see him doing anything or being able to deliver what the owner wants so badly with all the small, dynamic, technical players that make up the majority of our squad now.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 30 Jan - 4:31:48

I never said free flowing, just attacking. They did break a goal scoring record last season.

I suppose I am blinded by his past achievements at Chelsea.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed 30 Jan - 4:42:15

Kick wrote:I never said free flowing, just attacking. They did break a goal scoring record last season.

I suppose I am blinded by his past achievements at Chelsea.
I think most people are to be honest.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed 30 Jan - 5:32:18

I know I am not alone in it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed 30 Jan - 11:49:39

Kick wrote:I know I am not alone in it.

I'm in that club too Very Happy
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed 30 Jan - 12:09:53

I've just given up on managers Razz and the board...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed 30 Jan - 16:21:26

Brilliant article in the Times this morning making basically all the same points against his appointment as I did:

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mhfzulitWX1ruhh4yo1_1280
The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mhfzk02qOq1ruhh4yo1_1280
The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mhfzk02qOq1ruhh4yo2_1280
The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mhfzk02qOq1ruhh4yo3_1280
The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mhfzk02qOq1ruhh4yo4_1280
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 30 Jan - 16:33:50

Keep Benitez for another week please Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu 31 Jan - 2:26:50

Gus Poyet slashed from languishing in middle of the pack at 16/1 this morning to 6/4 favourite in the last 5 or 6 hours??

scratch confused
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu 31 Jan - 2:32:39

Guus linked with us in the summer, not soon enough IMO, I don't really want Guus either.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu 31 Jan - 2:33:08

The Guus hiddink not Poyet.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu 31 Jan - 2:36:34

Kick wrote:The Guus hiddink not Poyet.
Yea I've been seeing that too. Don't want him either tbh. Said just months ago he wants to retire from management, and he's 66. Not exactly the person I want leading the club forward long-term.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu 31 Jan - 7:45:39

Yeah, he is a good short term option but not a long term one.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Thu 31 Jan - 9:30:27

I would take him till the end of the season but no long term
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next