fatman123
Kick
lszanto
Motogp69
Shed
23 posters

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread Empty The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread

Post by Shed Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:52 am

Just thought we should start this up now. Doesn't need to be used all that much straightaway or anytime soon, but it will be useful to have for discussions as things progress and developments/rumours/etc. pop up here and there over these next 6 or 7 months.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread

Post by Motogp69 Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:28 am

There is no such thing as a "permanent" manager at Chelsea. May need to edit the thread title.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread Empty Re: The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread

Post by lszanto Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Only person who i'd really want/see coming back who could stand up to Roman is Mourinho. He's been with Madrid for a few years now so could possibly leave and nobody else has what it takes to put up with Roman.

Don't think Pep is dumb enough to come and don't know how we'll he'd go anyway, I think he is overrated.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:31 pm

lszanto wrote:Only person who i'd really want/see coming back who could stand up to Roman is Mourinho. He's been with Madrid for a few years now so could possibly leave and nobody else has what it takes to put up with Roman.

Don't think Pep is dumb enough to come and don't know how we'll he'd go anyway, I think he is overrated.
Don't want either. Not Pep because his methods would take forever to implement and cultivate, and there are real doubts over whether or not they can even be effective and successful in the English game anyway. Not Mourinho because the direction the club is going in is the complete antithesis of everything he stands for. We're trying to build a more attractive, attacking side...he likes his teams, errrr, organized and effecient, to put it nicely. We're trying to build a team that's more technical and in-tune with the direction the game is going in...Mou is, again, much too conservative a manager to oversee such a team, preferring physical, strong players to the slighter, more dynamic ones we've been stockpiling and targeting of late. I mean honestly, can you really see Hazard, Mata and Oscar knocking the ball around freely and attractively in the way Roman so badly desires under a José managership? It just won't happen, and with all the money the club has spent in the last year or so making the first step towards assembling that kind of side, a Jose appointment would be a massive waste, and a huge step backwards for us as a club.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:37 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
lszanto wrote:Only person who i'd really want/see coming back who could stand up to Roman is Mourinho. He's been with Madrid for a few years now so could possibly leave and nobody else has what it takes to put up with Roman.

Don't want either. Not Pep because his methods would take forever to implement and cultivate, and there are real doubts over whether or not they can even be effective and successful in the English game anyway. Not Mourinho because the direction the club is going in is the complete antithesis of everything he stands for. We're trying to build a more attractive, attacking side...he likes his teams, errrr, organized and effecient, to put it nicely. We're trying to build a team that's more technical and in-tune with the direction the game is going in...Mou is, again, much too conservative a manager to oversee such a team, preferring physical, strong players to the slighter, more dynamic ones we've been stockpiling and targeting of late. I mean honestly, can you really see Hazard, Mata and Oscar knocking the ball around freely and attractively in the way Roman so badly desires under a José managership? It just won't happen, and with all the money the club has spent in the last year or so making the first step towards assembling that kind of side, a Jose appointment would be a massive waste, and a huge step backwards for us as a club.

Yeah I see what you're saying. The issue I have is we used to be very strong defensivly, having been built up from the back by Mourinho. While defense shouldn't be the priority I think it deserves the same attention and it currently does not get it and it shows. We still don't know what our best CB pairing is and depending if a player is having an off/on day the result can suffer because of it.

That said though i'd still take him over Pep and any day over Rafa.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:53 pm

lszanto wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:

Yeah I see what you're saying. The issue I have is we used to be very strong defensivly, having been built up from the back by Mourinho. While defense shouldn't be the priority I think it deserves the same attention and it currently does not get it and it shows. We still don't know what our best CB pairing is and depending if a player is having an off/on day the result can suffer because of it.

That's why transitioning to this new style was always going to take time, regardless of who was in charge. The team needed/needs time to acclimate itself to playing in a more open, attack-minded manner, while also being competent at the back. It's a balance you have to get just right, and it's not easy to do, especially just 3 months after starting to transition to this way of playing. Roman just can't see this, and seems to be under the impression that the more money he spends on players to fit into this new system, the less time it should take to get it up and running. Just doesn't work that way.

That said though, it's virtually impossible to have an attractive, creative, 'sexy' passing-game going on going forward, while also being absolutely rock solid and watertight at the back. You just can't have both, and as I said, it's about finding the balance between the 2. If given the time and a few more transfer windows, I'm certain Robbie could and would have gotten us the that point successfully, but it really doesn't matter now.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:02 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
lszanto wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:

That's why transitioning to this new style was always going to take time, regardless of who was in charge. The team needed/needs time to acclimate itself to playing in a more open, attack-minded manner, while also being competent at the back. It's a balance you have to get just right, and it's not easy to do, especially just 3 months after starting to transition to this way of playing. Roman just can't see this, and seems to be under the impression that the more money he spends on players to fit into this new system, the less time it should take to get it up and running. Just doesn't work that way.

That said though, it's virtually impossible to have an attractive, creative, 'sexy' passing-game going on going forward, while also being absolutely rock solid and watertight at the back. You just can't have both, and as I said, it's about finding the balance between the 2. If given the time and a few more transfer windows, I'm certain Robbie could and would have gotten us the that point successfully, but it really doesn't matter now.

RDM was never going to be given a proper opportunity though even though he was probably the best man for the job. Roman seemed very hesitent in giving him a contract at all so looked for any excuse to fire him.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:15 pm

lszanto wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
lszanto wrote:

RDM was never going to be given a proper opportunity though even though he was probably the best man for the job. Roman seemed very hesitent in giving him a contract at all so looked for any excuse to fire him.
Clearly. I think it's pretty obvious now that right from the outset, the Russian mobster was looking and even wanting and hoping for something to go even slightly wrong so he could get rid of him as soon as possible. He's a disgrace -- hardly anything new.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Reputable newspaper Lance! claims Pep will take Brazil job in a heartbeat if offered it:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiola-says-he-would-manage-1454281

LMAO, Roman must be shitting his pants right about now rofl
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Pep won't want to manage us anyway.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Who would...

At this point just make John Terry a player manager. I'm not even being mean or sarcastic, I think John Terry should be the player manager of Chelsea.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:14 am

Motogp69 wrote:Who would...

At this point just make John Terry a player manager. I'm not even being mean or sarcastic, I think John Terry should be the player manager of Chelsea.
Not ready. And not the right time. If it were 5 years ago I'd be all for it, but it's too big a job at this stage to have a player doing it. Squad needs to be rebuilt, style needs to be changed, entire philosophy needs to be fundamentally altered and evolved. Not the job for someone as inexperienced as JT.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Ian Holloway: Why Pep Guardiola could strike a blow for football by sticking two fingers up at Abramovich:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/the-ian-holloway-column-why-pep-guardiola-1454698

The cynical removal of Roberto Di Matteo from his job this week tells me that Abramovich doesn’t have any true love for football.

Di Matteo did what even Jose Mourinho couldn’t do for ­Chelsea – he won the Champions League.

Not only that, he did it by knocking out Napoli and Barcelona before beating Bayern Munich in the final, in their own stadium.

And just for good measure, ­Chelsea also lifted the FA Cup.

Abramovich should be ­commissioning a statue in Di Matteo’s honour.

Instead he has treated a proud and likeable man with utter contempt.
If it’s true that Rafa Benitez has been recruited just to keep the ­Stamford Bridge hot-seat warm for Guardiola in the summer, I would urge the former Barca boss to ­examine his conscience.

Does he really want to work for someone who represents all that is wrong with the modern game?

But by rejecting ­Abramovich’s advances, he would enhance his reputation even ­further.

Because until someone tells the Chelsea owner to stick his money where the sun don’t shine then he will ­continue to hire and fire with ­impunity.
The Chelsea owner doesn’t seem to realise that football, like life, is cyclical.

Sir Alex Ferguson was given seven years to bring an end to Manchester United’s 26-year wait for the ­championship.

Since then, United have lifted the Premier League another 11 times, yet there have still been seasons when they haven’t won a trophy.

If Abramovich had bought United instead of Chelsea, I doubt he would have had the foresight to realise that even the greatest managers need time to build and rebuild teams.

Spot on on all counts, I'm afraid.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Abramovich to turn to Klopp as Plan B
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2244819/Chelsea-turn-Jurgen-Klopp-Pep-Guardiola-considers-options.html

Only the Daily Mail so take it for what it is.
Can't see him leaving Dortmund personally, but I'd be absolutely ecstatic if this happened. Been wanting him since Ancelotti was sacked.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:57 pm

I'd love Klopp, he would have to be given time though. I think he loves Dortmund a little too much to join as well. Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Kick wrote:I'd love Klopp, he would have to be given time though. I think he loves Dortmund a little too much to join as well. Sad

Does not compute
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:43 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Kick wrote:I'd love Klopp, he would have to be given time though. I think he loves Dortmund a little too much to join as well. Sad

Does not compute

Exactly.

In all honesty, the only manager who can do the job without needing time would be Mou.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Kick wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Does not compute

Exactly.

In all honesty, the only manager who can do the job without needing time would be Mou.
And his 'results over style' approach is what Abramo's supposedly looking to get away from. He's gonna have to realize getting the team to playing the way he wants it is gonna take more than a just few months, regardless of how much money he throws at this overhaul.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 pm

exactly, we are not going to get where Roman wants us to be (barca) in a few weeks, it'll take years!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:52 am

Am I the only one who's been really impressed with Michael Laudrup this year? I've been thinking about it for the past week or so (even before the COC match on Wednesday) and it really isn't as crazy as I once would have thought it was. His Swansea team play some of the best football in Britain (as did his teams in Spain, from what I've been hearing and reading since his appointment in the summer) with mostly average players, and he's recently shown he seems to have quite a tactical adaptability as well; the Swans' markedly and uncharacteristically more defensive gameplan against both Arsenal at the weekend and us on Wednesday night worked like a charm, as we now know only all too well. I noticed he's very recently been slashed to 12/1 with SkyBet for Next Permanent Manager and it's definitely something to think about as I really don't see Roman's wetdream Pep wanting to join the SW6 Circus regardless of what the mad Russian does to try to lure him.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 pm

https://twitter.com/FCBayern/status/291575390525345793

Bayern Munich confirm Pep is to be their manager next season on a 3 year deal.

That's him finally out of contention then The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread Dancing_bananaThe Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread Whew
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Mourinho?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:16 pm

Soul wrote:Mourinho?
Would be an even worse appointment than Pep :facepalm:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Scolari?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:49 am

Daily star reporting Moyes in the picture for Chelsea.

His contract runs out at the end of the season which means he could replace Rafa at the end of the season. Unfortunately there are no quotes or even an insiders quote. It also mentions Klopp and Jose. I would be very happy with any but Moyes seems more likely than Kloppo.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next