fatman123
Kick
lszanto
Motogp69
Shed
23 posters

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:30 am

I would take him till the end of the season but no long term

Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official 'Next Permanent Manager' Thread

Post by Kick Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:04 am

he is already at Anzhi. no chance of him joining short term and pointless as he won't be a long term solution.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 am

Kick wrote:he is already at Anzhi. no chance of him joining short term and pointless as he won't be a long term solution.
Exactly.
Would love to have him as a Director of Football though. An actual football person making the footballing decisions at the club. Ax the U12 girls coach and bring in Guusy!
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:37 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Kick wrote:he is already at Anzhi. no chance of him joining short term and pointless as he won't be a long term solution.
Exactly.
Would love to have him as a Director of Football though. An actual football person making the footballing decisions at the club. Ax the U12 girls coach and bring in Guusy!

that brings back memories, The old AVB for manager, Guus for DoF summer of 2011
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 am

rofl yes of course! Those were the days Laughing

Do think he'd be a great appointment though. He's been in the game for forever, and most importantly, he's someone Roman is personal friends with and trusts, which means he could advise and disadvise him wisely on what to do and not to do and he'd finally be listening to and basing his decision off of someone who actually knows what they're doing.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:00 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote: rofl yes of course! Those were the days Laughing

Do think he'd be a great appointment though. He's been in the game for forever, and most importantly, he's someone Roman is personal friends with and trusts, which means he could advise and disadvise him wisely on what to do and not to do and he'd finally be listening to and basing his decision off of someone who actually knows what they're doing.

I Would certainly be for it. As someone who lived in Australia while Guus was the national team manager, I know what he can do and think he would make a Great DoF.

that being said, I don't think it will happen for a while unless he personally pushes for it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:19 am

Chelsea line up Juventus boss Antonio Conte to replace Benitez:
http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/05/chelsea-line-up-juventus-boss-antonio-conte-to-replace-rafael-benitez-3382213/

Highly doubt this one.

It's getting to that all-too-familiar stage where every breathing male currently in management will be linked with the job Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:04 am

Laughing

Won't happen.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Robbie Martinez just linked to the Chelsea job by the Aussie commentators.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:30 am

Personally, I think it would be a great hire, but admittedly he's my favorite manager.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:39 am

Moyes looking more and more likely according to The Telegraph
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:58 am

Kick wrote:Robbie Martinez just linked to the Chelsea job by the Aussie commentators.
I think he's a myth, as Jason pointed out on Pre-MatchATB yesterday. Do Wigan EVER get above 17th in the table? They're utter crap for about 3/4's of the campaign, then have to go on a late logic-defying run the last month or two of the season and narrowly escape the drop. And this is year after year after year. Not shown even a modicum of improvement whatsoever since he took over 4 years ago.

No for me.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 am

He plays attractive football, given better players I think he could do better, but I agree, no improvement over the last few years is not a good sign.

Moyes still one of my favourites and my realistic favourite.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 am

2 other possible candidates (nothing even vaguely concrete just 2 you could see fitting the bill) who haven't even been mentioned are Frank De Boer at Ajax and Vincenzo Montella at Fiorentina.

De Boer plays some nice stuff (demonstrated in his completely outplaying and beating City and also unexpectedly edging them for the Europa League spot in the CL group) and, as with any Ajax manager, is familiar with bringing through and nurturing youth. Believe he was linked with the position the summer AVB was hired as well.

Montella has recently been linked with a move to bigger clubs and, from everything I've read, is playing some absolutely stunning football with La Viola. Plus, he and I share a first name, so he must be quality :coffee:

Like I said, 2 completely out of left field and I don't know anywhere near enough about either to make a definitive comment/analysis on them but, on the surface, might be pretty decent options.

Spoiler:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:55 am

Shane Long as player/manager? :I'munoriginal::
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:55 am

Another name I would like to see pop up is Diego Simeone of Atletico, as you all saw when we played them, he makes them solid at the back and pretty ruthless when they don't have the ball.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:28 am

Kick wrote:Another name I would like to see pop up is Diego Simeone of Atletico, as you all saw when we played them, he makes them solid at the back and pretty ruthless when they don't have the ball.
He's been openly talked about/linked as well.

Certainly a multitude of options.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:56 am

The real question is, whod be dumb enough to take the job?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:20 am

fatman123 wrote:The real question is, whod be dumb enough to take the job?

I am

plz roman throw your cash at me and sack me two days later Very Happy
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:27 am

Kick wrote:Another name I would like to see pop up is Diego Simeone of Atletico, as you all saw when we played them, he makes them solid at the back and pretty ruthless when they don't have the ball.

I think Simeone would be a terrible fit with our players. His team is all about playing on the counter, not really a good fit.

I really like Manuel Pellegrini, i think he would be an outstanding choice and really someone who is best suited to best utilize our current players.

fatman123 wrote:The real question is, whod be dumb enough to take the job?

Any manager with a *bleep* ambition would take the job.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:01 am

The environment for the manager at Chelsea are is less then ideal, for example why would someone like Klopp leave BVB for Chelsea?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:58 pm

fatman123 wrote:The environment for the manager at Chelsea are is less then ideal, for example why would someone like Klopp leave BVB for Chelsea?

Getting Klopp is probably one of the few managers who i think it is almost impossible. He is in a good place and type of manager who really likes that small club atmosphere, but a club that can compete with the best. So he maybe living and managing in almost an ideal place.

Don't think we can get him, but here is two angles that could work.

First of all i really don't think any of Roman sacking was unjustified, even RDM sacking. In the end Roman and others didn't believe in RDM and didn't think he was the right person for the future. For me that is justified, i don't think you should keep a manager if you don't believe in him because you will only be waiting to fire him.

I don't blame Roman, even i didn't trust RDM and i had the same worries in the summer before he was appointed.

Hiring Rafa that is something i can blame Roman for, i still don't know what he was thinking. You can't even say that was a bad move in hindsight, because almost every Chelsea knew that it would be a disastor.

So back to Klopp, but here is two ways we may be able to persuade him.

1. Money, Money, and Money- Even if you are not a greedy person, everyone wants more money and especially to match your accomplishment and worth. Klopp is making under 2.1m at Dortmund, he is damn underpaid and that is what every scrub EPL manager is making. If Roman can offer him around 3 or 4 times what he makes at Dortmund i think that will test his loyalty to Dortmund.

2. A squad to match his footballing desire- Look what Dortmund has done is amazing, but i don't think they can keep that level every season. Every season they lose argubably their best player. Two years ago it was Sahin, last year it was Kagawa, and this summer it will most likely be Robert Lewandowski. They have done as good as anybody in replacing them, but it is not sustainable without taking a step backward. At Chelsea he doesn't have to worry about that, we are the ones who plunk everybody else best player. At Chelsea he can manage a squad to match the very best in the world and maintain that.

All that said i don't think we will get him. Laughing

But i am fine with that there is a lot manager out there.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:33 pm

I think Dan Levene put if perfectly when he said the day Ancelotti was sacked was the the day Chelsea ceased to be a serious contender for Europe's top managers. It's now the unproven or the unemployed for us.

Never the matter. There are plenty, and I mean PLENTY, of good, young, up-and-coming managers we could target.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:49 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:I think Dan Levene put if perfectly when he said the day Ancelotti was sacked was the the day Chelsea ceased to be a serious contender for Europe's top managers. It's now the unproven or the unemployed for us.

Never the matter. There are plenty, and I mean PLENTY, of good, young, up-and-coming managers we could target.

I am really not sympathetic to Ancelotti like most Chelsea fans. The fact he was the one who brought this piece of shit Torres to Chelsea makes me think it was good he was fired.

TBH we don't really need a top manager, we need a manager who suits our current squad and that should be the emphasis a manager that is a great fit. Theoretically speaking Rafa was a top manager, if you look at his CV and accomplishment...but a laughable fit to our situation.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Well, regardless of what we think about him, the rest of the football world viewed it as a very harsh and largely ludicrous decision - which in many ways, it was. We're no longer taken seriously as a club by the elite of management and that's the reason none of them would A.) leave their current club/set-up for us all to risk being guillotined after a mere few bad results, or B.) choose us over other suitors who could offer more patience, stability, and time.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:27 am

Don't forget why Ancelotti was fired.

The first season was amazing but our opposition in the league were very, very poor. When we faced better opponents in the CL, we were outplayed. Notice how most videos about our CL triumph skips from Munich to Ovrebo?

I'm not taking away what he has done for the club. In fact, I would never forget the 8-0 at Wigan and the celebrations that followed. But the next season we played with no real direction. Reminded me of Scolari and how the team never really had any idea how to win games. He finished 2nd, but following another poor run in the CL and boring draws in the league, harsh as it may be, it was best to move on. I still don't believe it was Carlo's decision to get Torres though
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next