Kick
Le Samourai
Donuts
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
jibers
11 posters

Go down

Interesting conversation I had with an Athletico Cantera coach Empty Interesting conversation I had with an Athletico Cantera coach

Post by jibers Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:52 pm

I Was going to put this in the Barca section but sod it. Basically I saw some dude wearing Atletico Madrid kit in the gym, naturally we got talking and he said he used to coach Atlético Madrid. Didnt believe him so he showed me some videos. Legit. Went through the training methods used in Spain and his hatred for Real Madrid Laughing

He then got on to talking about how the canteras in SPain all over are trying to imitate Barcelona and have been for years and how the Spain team is using Barcelona football etc. He then said something I didnt understand lol with his Spanish accent, something like how there are two teams and one plays 4 in a square or something lol I didnt understand, essentially keeping the ball and when they lost it they had to run, defend and press.

He said that even at youth Level Real Madrid's cantera is changing. Spanish football is being standardised to follow Barcelona... Sad

He then said something about Alacorn? is that the right spelling? Who gives a ****. Anyways he said that they basically had more ball possession than Madrid and how they were a secunda side. If anyone wants more info on what he spoke about I'll update.

Second time I've met someone that has been affected by Barcelona (the first is a guy that played for Aston Villa rsereves and played against Barcas u16 and he said he never ran so much in his life. The thread is in the Barcelona section). That means all Spainsh teams are going to now be playing possession catenaccio forever Sad

O and he gave the usual xavi speech about teams not playing football against barca melarchy Rolling Eyes and he actually supports Real Betis and said the pay for cantera coaches is crap and the top coaches are paid extremely well.

Veni, vidi, passus sum... Sad

Last edited by jibers on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Interesting conversation I had with an Athletico Cantera coach Empty Re: Interesting conversation I had with an Athletico Cantera coach

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Alcorcon, segunda team that thrashed RM*

The pay of youth coaches is not that great. I remember that when Guardiola was renewing one of his yearly contracts the first season with Rosell he didn't want a pay rise but he wanted to make a large part of the youth division staff get full-time salaries - most of them were previously part-time jobs. I imagine that if that's the situation at Barca, who make massive revenues, it can only be worse at the other clubs.

Why did he quit/get fired?

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Interesting conversation I had with an Athletico Cantera coach Empty Re: Interesting conversation I had with an Athletico Cantera coach

Post by jibers Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Alcorcon, segunda team that thrashed RM*

The pay of youth coaches is not that great. I remember that when Guardiola was renewing one of his yearly contracts the first season with Rosell he didn't want a pay rise but he wanted to make a large part of the youth division staff get full-time salaries - most of them were previously part-time jobs - so I imagine that if that's the situation at Barca who make massive revenues it can only be worse at the other clubs.

Why did he quit/get fired?

Didn't ask, I was talking about football Laughing He'll be there tomorrow, I'll ask if I can be bothered to hit the gym. Spanish football copying Ajax :coffee:

He said that Cruyff is the most important coach in Spanish football history Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Definitely in terms of influence. Cruyff instituted Barca's style - even if he took it from Miches - and now a lot of teams are copying Barca. Hence, he has influenced a large majority of Spanish teams.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Definitely in terms of influence. Cruyff instituted Barca's style - even if he took it from Miches - and now a lot of teams are copying Barca. Hence, he has influenced a large majority of Spanish teams.

Michels took a lot from Reynolds :coffee:

I asked him if he liked Barcelona he said no but he prefers them to Moudrid. He chided Celtics performance and said that all Barca coukd do was pass because Celtic 'didn't want to play football' Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 am

This guy is a legend ffs :bow:

Jibers go to the gym err'day and update this thread...err'day
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:30 am

CBarca wrote:This guy is a legend ffs :bow:

Update with what? Theres only so much info he can give. All i knw is Madrid are suffering...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:36 am

jibers wrote:
CBarca wrote:This guy is a legend ffs :bow:

Update with what? Theres only so much info he can give. All i knw is Madrid are suffering...
Recruit him to these forums for more inside scoops eco smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:51 am

The whole of Spain is a generalization I'm not sure even the individual you conversed with believes. Worthless conjecture, he doesn't know what people in Seville or Navarre are doing.

Atletico's cantera (at least at the moment) is attempting to be a carbon copy of Barca, don't know what more evidence you can give of this than Oliver Torres and Aaron , those two play with a certain values you tend to associate with Barca players.

Our own Castilla is enjoying much success (and actually playing good football) without imitating Barca. It would be pointless to implement it, there's no patience and it lacks the urgency we value.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:13 am

Very interesting, thanks for sharing the info.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:16 am

Wow. Very interesting story. This was Johan's dream at the start, I am glad that other teams have finally understood and are following the Ajax/Barcelona model cheers

It is a travesty that he is not as respected here as he is in a foreign country Sad
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Athletic probably = Athletic Club (Bilbao)

Atlético could mean Atlético Madrid or other clubs in Spain, Portugal, Brazil.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Atletico Madrid
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:00 pm

jibers wrote:Was going to put this in the Barca section but sod it. Basically I saw some dude wearing Atheltico kit in the gym, naturally we got talking and he sadi he used to coach Atlético Madrid. Didnt believe him so he showed me some videos. Legit. Went through the training methods used in Spain and his hatred for Real Madrid Laughing

He the got on to talking about how the cantera in SPain all over are trying to imitate Barcelona and have been for years and how the Spain team is using Barcelona football etc. He then said something I didnt understand lol with his Spanish accent, something like how there are two teams and one plays 4 in a square or something lol I dint understand, essentially keeping the ball and when they lost it they had to run and defend and press.

He said that even at youth Level Real MAdrids cantera is changing. Spanish football is beig stabdardised to follow Barcelona... Sad

He then said something about Alacorn? is that the rightv spelling? Whop goves a ****. Anyways he said that they basically had more ball possession than Madrid and how they were a secunda side. If anyone wants more info on what he spoke about I'll update.

Second time I've met someone that has been affected by Barcelona (the first is a guy that played for Aston Villa rsereves and played against Barcas u16 and he said he never ran so much in his life, threads in barca section). That means all Spainsh teams are going to now be playing possession catenaccio in the near football Sad

O and he gave the usual teams dont play football against barca melarchy Rolling Eyes and he actually supports Real Betis and said the pay for cantera coaches is crap and the top coaches are paid extremely well.

No, just no :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Fix your grammar issues..It took me like 3 times to find out it wasnt Bilbao but Pateti :facepalm:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:43 pm

jibers wrote:Was going to put this in the Barca section but sod it. Basically I saw some dude wearing Atheltico kit in the gym, naturally we got talking and he sadi he used to coach Atlético Madrid. Didnt believe him so he showed me some videos. Legit. Went through the training methods used in Spain and his hatred for Real Madrid Laughing

He the got on to talking about how the cantera in SPain all over are trying to imitate Barcelona and have been for years and how the Spain team is using Barcelona football etc. He then said something I didnt understand lol with his Spanish accent, something like how there are two teams and one plays 4 in a square or something lol I dint understand, essentially keeping the ball and when they lost it they had to run and defend and press.

He said that even at youth Level Real MAdrids cantera is changing. Spanish football is beig stabdardised to follow Barcelona... Sad

He then said something about Alacorn? is that the rightv spelling? Whop goves a ****. Anyways he said that they basically had more ball possession than Madrid and how they were a secunda side. If anyone wants more info on what he spoke about I'll update.

Second time I've met someone that has been affected by Barcelona (the first is a guy that played for Aston Villa rsereves and played against Barcas u16 and he said he never ran so much in his life, threads in barca section). That means all Spainsh teams are going to now be playing possession catenaccio in the near football Sad

O and he gave the usual teams dont play football against barca melarchy Rolling Eyes and he actually supports Real Betis and said the pay for cantera coaches is crap and the top coaches are paid extremely well.

Post difficult to understand.

What do you mean "second time I've met someone who was affected by Barça"?

About the 4 square, I think he means posession exercises, which are performed in training in almost all football teams in Spain (I suppose in other countries too), which is two teams in a small square playing just to keep the ball, the others pressing.

Don't know why you put so many sad faces, our football is very entertaining, and if everyone trie to play this way, it assures a very fast paced game, with lots of pressing, running and attacking.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Right I have edited the post ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down