juventus101
Swanhends
white_star
39 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ballon D'or short list  - Page 5 Empty Re: Ballon D'or short list

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Silva created more chances, scored more goals, had more assists.....
Just because he's not a Barca player it is possible for him to be good you know.

Silva was very good at the Euros and much better than Iniesta.

The only outstanding performance Iniesta gave was the group stage game against Italy apart from that Silva out performed him.

Not sure how i can be bias when we are discussing an Italian player and a Spanish player and another Spanish player.

1. I'm half spanish.

2. These players don't play for the team i support.

3. Silva plays for a club i hate Laughing

But i must be bias and because i don't agree with Iniesta being godly.

Also BC i'm just replying to the the importance argument and used that as an example of why Pirlo is much more important.

As for your question i would have chose Pirlo, we need a playmaker lol.

Xavi was one of the players who made the most key passes and yet, after torres, he was the spanish player that was the most criticized. While Torres, with 3 goals and 1 assist to his name and statistically the best player at the tournament was the player who was the most criticized.

What I am saying is that stat = shit way of determining how important a player is to a team. Especially seeing as Iniesta is generally the player who assist the assister. Take a look at Xabi Alonsons first goal against France, Silvas goal against Italy and Torres first goal against Ireland. Iniestas role in them were equally as important as the ones that got the assist and yet that doesnt show in the stat table..

If Iniesta was only good against Italy in the first game then the only game that Silva was outstanding was against Ireland ...

Dante wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Is RWO advocating bitch fights as long as they are new and exciting hmm

it crossed my mind for a sec Laughing , but nah

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The Iniesta/Xavi vs Pirlo bitchest is much more superior :coffee:

Definitely . Let's take it a step further from Iniesta then , who's already in the top 3 , worthy or not.

Where do people place Xavi and Pirlo in this edition of the award ? There are also some other players as well , like Falcao , Ibra and Casillas , which frankly should be in the top 10 .

For last season alone? Pirlo over Xavi easily. Xavi was inconsistent and injury prone last season. So its not really a hard decision to make...

Last edited by harhar11 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:39 pm

What a disgrace. Pirlo or Drogba should have been on there.

Iniesta didn't even play 50% of Barca's games.

He wasn't even a Top 5 player on that Spanish team either. He did nothing remarkable throughout those Euros.

Last edited by Gil on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Pirlo shouldve been there.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Gil wrote:What a disgrace. Pirlo or Drogba should have been on there.

He wasn't even a Top 5 player on that Spanish team either. He did nothing remarkable throughout those Euros.

Wut Suspect he had like over 40 games , had an almost full CL and had a full Euro as well.

There's no doubt Pirlo lacked nothing or did nothing wrong not to be there . But this is what i find issue with , why many don't give Iniesta the credit he deserves. It's not like i will lose my sleep over it either Laughing , it's just i find it unfair.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Why does Drogba deserve to win it when he was even more inconsistent than Iniesta?

You and mole have changed my mind. Iniesta did nothing remarkable at the Euros. Everyone can make this pass...

:facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:27 pm

Sooooo GL bullshit again. When I say something bad about Pirlo, mole gets sand in his vagina and people mourn. When mole and GL biggest troll diss Intiesta it's ok. Stay biased GL ! :coffee:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm fine lol your the one who started swearing Laughing

Also Harhar Xavi made 3 better passes in one game Laughing besides what does 1 pass prove?

I agree on Drogba btw his season last year was incredibly overrated but there is nothing to suggest Iniesta should be anywhere near this.

He is there because like Zidane before him he's the flashiest player around.

Also i never dissed Iniesta i just said he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the top 3 and he doesn't.

There are many players who were more consistent and achieved more as individuals through out this year and that's where it ends lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:I can't even comprehend the reason on why Guardiola is even mentioned in this award for this season let alone be nominated for top three. lol

Yeah Klopp and Di Matteo were much more deserving.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

/thread

Last edited by Pedram on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 pm

harhar11 wrote:

Why does Drogba deserve to win it when he was even more inconsistent than Iniesta?

You and mole have changed my mind. Iniesta did nothing remarkable at the Euros. Everyone can make this pass...

Drogba carried a shite Chelsea side to an unlikely first CL title. That beats anything Iniesta has done so far in his career.

Riding Xavi and Messi's cottails to titles doesn't mean he's the best player in the World.

Iniesta is Eden Hazard/Mario Gotze on another team. Replace any of those two with Iniesta and Spain/Barca are just as successful.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Are ppl actually debating if Pirlo should be top3? For what??????

Winning the 4 best league in Europe (not far from the 6th best league), with no CL appearance last season, and ppl are forgetting it is a calendar year.

what has Pirlo done this season? he has been utter sh!t, can't help his team qualify from the group stage. Ballon D'or short list  - Page 5 2276801876

If anything Ibra deserves to be there more than Pirlo.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:41 pm

white_star wrote:Sooooo GL bullshit again. When I say something bad about Pirlo, mole gets sand in his vagina and people mourn. When mole and GL biggest troll diss Intiesta it's ok. Stay biased GL ! :coffee:

Ballon D'or short list  - Page 5 2wmnojo
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:41 pm

baresi wrote:Are ppl actually debating if Pirlo should be top3? For what??????

Winning the 4 best league in Europe (not far from the 6th best league), with no CL appearance last season, and ppl are forgetting it is a calendar year.

what has Pirlo done this season? he has been utter sh!t, can't help his team qualify from the group stage. Ballon D'or short list  - Page 5 2276801876

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:10 pm

I don't support this.

Mole, Jibers you guys have taken this to another level. Are you really trying to say Iniesta (and by extension Zidane) is all style no substance.

I know as a fact he's one of both of your favorite players lol.'

Don't tell me this idolization of stats has blinded you so much, that you're unable what he does on the pitch in terms of controlling tempo, penetrating compact defenses, making the right decisions and putting other teammates in a position to succeed.

All this is I suppose overruled by a stat sheet.

Jibers will be the first to tell me that Xavi is the greatest game controlling midfielder in history but apparently he does it all by himself. Newsflash , they do it as a duo (a trio even ). It has not been and never has been Xavi controlling games by himself. Iniesta is of near equal importance in that department.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm fine lol your the one who started swearing Laughing

Also Harhar Xavi made 3 better passes in one game Laughing besides what does 1 pass prove?

I agree on Drogba btw his season last year was incredibly overrated but there is nothing to suggest Iniesta should be anywhere near this.

Also i never dissed Iniesta i just said he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the top 3 and he doesn't.

There are many players who were more consistent and achieved more as individuals through out this year and that's where it ends lol.

Wow! Xavi, one of if not the greatest passer of all time, made a greater pass than Iniesta in his by best game at the euros!

And which ones are you talking about? The one to Alba? Agreed, which are the other two? his assist to Torres? not even close...

I used that to show what I meant with stat = shit in detertmining how important a player is to a team?.

And if you belive that pass was the only thing that he did at the euros :facepalm:

Also, Iniesta might have been inconsistent with Barca but he wasnt shit either. Lets not forget his performances against Real Madrid at the bernabeu and then his performances against real madrid in the first leg of the supercup, and since you seems to like stat, he scored against Milan in the Quarter-Final, against Chelsea in the Semi-final, made a great assist in the copa del rey final and was EASILY Spains best player at the Euros. Thats not just me talking, thats what the generall opinion in Spain, even the Madridistas thinks so and he was official named the best player at the Euros.

But hey, apperently what I saw was wrong and what do the managers, the experts and players know. Apperently some random guy on the Internet knows better than them...

Lets just agree to disagree.

Last edited by harhar11 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I don't support this.

Mole, Jibers you guys have taken this to another level. Are you really trying to say Iniesta (and by extension Zidane) is all style no substance.

Nope i'm saying Iniesta in 2012 has been.... and many and i mean many have performed to a higher standard than he has in 2012.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:16 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

FORUM RULES
- No trolling (Automatic 3 day ban)
- No deliberate derailing of threads (50% warning level deduction)
- No insults on clubs, players or GL posters (Automatic 7 day ban and 75% warning level deduction)

- Posts containing only memes and smileys will be deleted without warning. Frequent occurances will result in loss of 50% warning level per instance.

Hey Devi , could you kindly delete your post without warning yourself please Laughing

ok joking aside .. Why don't you give some arguments , that facepalm hardly answers anything . Note that i don't agree with Baresi on this , i think Pirlo should definitely be up there somewhere , between 3rd to 5th place.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Nope i'm saying Iniesta in 2012 has been.... and many and i mean many have performed to a higher standard than he has in 2012.

This. Mole and Jibers vs the rest. Come at us brahs!

Ballon D'or short list  - Page 5 3532346+_8e718bfbe27c069fdbf5b9ee5a4332ee
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 pm

jibers wrote:

No guys , please spare us Laughing

Lol , i find it interesting that you didn't answer my last sentence , in a previous post of mine , though Mole did.

Don't you think it would be absurd for the voted best player of the last CL , not be included in the top 3 of this award ? If the CL counts for anything , then shouldn't it's voted best player end up in the top 3 of the World player of the year award ?

Once again , i specify that i still try to find 2 cents to give for the award , but i think Iniesta's inclusion there is justified nonetheless.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:50 pm

Dante wrote:
jibers wrote:

Lol , i find it interesting that you didn't answer my last sentence , in a previous post of mine , though Mole did.

Don't you think it would be absurd for the voted best player of the last CL , not be included in the top 3 of this award ? If the CL counts for anything , then shouldn't it's voted best player end up in the top 3 of the World player of the year award ?

Once again , i specify that i still try to find 2 cents to give for the award , but i think Iniesta's inclusion there is justified nonetheless.

what's this award you're talking about for best player in the CL? The 'UEFA best player in Europe' award? If so, he won that for his performances in the euros not the CL.

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I can see Messi and Ronaldo there.
But I have to agree with Mole.

He's 100% right
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:59 pm

white_star wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Spain was the better team..... doesn't mean anyone player is better than someone else....

Spain's was a team effort there was no standout individual performances that dragged them to the final like Pirlo's did with Italy.

Silva was better than Iniesta at the Euros anyway.

Wtf is with the Pirlo obsession how was he leading Italy to the final and how was Italy's performance not a team one? You are contradicting yourself!! Intiesta was no more or less important to Spain then the same could be said about Pirlo! I think some people's hate clouds their judgment. Both players outstanding both players completely different roles, and both players don't stand a chance against Messi or Cr7. Neither better then the other in the last year.

The things you said about Intiesta ?? Barca didn't win cl because Chelsea had a defensive two games of their lives! I doubt Pirlo would have done any better with Juventus!
This 1000x

The pirlo bias is ridiculous with some people. Iniesta is clearly the better player, and its like when iniesta does something great, they go "oh ok, meh" when pirlo does it they wank to no end.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 am

Who cares if he's a better player or not lol?

The award is for the best individual performances of 2012 and Pirlo was much better than Iniesta in 2012....

Also people keep drumming this bias crap.....

Why would i be bias towards an Italian player who plays for Juventus?

I have no relation to either what so ever

Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 am

So what mole? I'm quarter andaulsie and i *bleep* hate sevillas guts.

You act as if pirlo carried the midfield of italy. Hell no he didn't lol. Overhype at its finest. Pirlo was fantastic this season but you people act like he is the 2nd coming of god with the degree of overrating.

De rossi, the italian defense was one of the best (up until the final), balotelli one of the top goal scorer of the tournaments with cassano up top. And pirlo did it all fking by himself.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 am

Dante wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

FORUM RULES
- No trolling (Automatic 3 day ban)
- No deliberate derailing of threads (50% warning level deduction)
- No insults on clubs, players or GL posters (Automatic 7 day ban and 75% warning level deduction)

- Posts containing only memes and smileys will be deleted without warning. Frequent occurances will result in loss of 50% warning level per instance.

Hey Devi , could you kindly delete your post without warning yourself please Laughing

ok joking aside .. Why don't you give some arguments , that facepalm hardly answers anything . Note that i don't agree with Baresi on this , i think Pirlo should definitely be up there somewhere , between 3rd to 5th place.

because knowing baresi its just trolling nothing else and it's not worth it lol. Warning myslef ? It says banned ffs Razz
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:13 am

Giggity5313 wrote:

You act as if pirlo carried the midfield of italy. Hell no he didn't lol. Overhype at its finest. Pirlo was fantastic this season but you people act like he is the 2nd coming of god with the degree of overrating.

De rossi, the italian defense was one of the best (up until the final), balotelli one of the top goal scorer of the tournaments with cassano up top. And pirlo did it all fking by himself.

This is the sole reason I'm bothered.

You want to say Pirlo had a better season, that's fine, I didn't watch a single Juventus game so who am I to disagree.

But don't like he carried anyone on his back during the Euros.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:14 am

Muzza wrote:
Dante wrote:
jibers wrote:

what's this award you're talking about for best player in the CL? The 'UEFA best player in Europe' award? If so, he won that for his performances in the euros not the CL.

yeah , i got confused with something i was reading earlier .. thanks for the correction . Allright scrap that Laughing

But still the argument stands , i guess. Don't you think the voted best player in Europe should as well be at least top 3 for this ? it makes sense if you ask me .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next