juventus101
Swanhends
white_star
39 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Ballon D'or short list  - Page 7 Empty Re: Ballon D'or short list

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:10 pm

sneijder not winning during his treble year is proof that team success and a players individual contribution to the team's success means nothing to balon d'or which is why im not surprised pirlo isnt top 3

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:20 pm

sneijder wasnt even in the top 3 if im remembering correctly..

pirlo stood no chance

another parallel- both pirlo and sneijder led their respective teams to the final of the euro(pirlo) and world cup (sneijder)

interesting. and both obviously lost to spain.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Copa Del Rey Laughing

Anyway i should have explained myself..... importance to team success.

Iniesta was nowhere near as important to team success as Pirlo was.

Only Barca fans can possibly think Iniesta deserves to be anywhere near this list Laughing

Pls go.

I might be wrong but no matter how unimportant the trophy is its still a trophy i.e team succes?

Its not just Barca fans though, for example goal.com has an article on how the they got the votes right this time and in Spain, even the bleeding Spanish Madridistas say that Iniesta was Spains best player. And if you have forgetten they are fans of Iniestas team rivals and not to mention that 2 of their players, Casillas and Ramos, didnt play half bad at the Euro's but even then most of them think that Iniesta was the best Spanish player! :facepalm:

But no, its just we Barca fans who thinks that Iniesta deserves to be in top 3..

Luca wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@Dante

The main reason Iniesta is not in my top 3 is for these reasons....

1. Lack of team success

2. Inconsistent

3. Individual performances were not top 3 standard

That's about the size of it tbh, he wasn't as good for Barca as he has been in recent years although not all his fault as he played a lot of games out of position but none the less i don't think as an individual he was in the top 5 players of 2012.

Although tbf he has been fantastic since the start of the season.

How can you say that Iniesta lacked team succes? He won copa del rey and the Euros(!!!) while Pirlo only won the league.

Only, only took a seventh place team to an undefeated record
Also was the standout performer that brought Italy to the final of the Euro
Also, only, brought Juventus to the final of the other competition they were in, the Coppa Italia, only to lose to Napoli

Only though

And you didn't mention Mole's other two points which seem to be a pretty valid criteria for me

In terms of prestige Euro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>League

And seeing as its just 1 trophy I belive that I used the word "only" correct or maybe if you are so bloody sensative I should have put only with ""?

And maybe, just maybe I didnt mention the other points because I dont disagree with them? I belive that last season Barca were Messi + 10 more seeing as how Xavi got injured + was inconsistent while Iniesta was much of the same. If you go and read most of the La Liga player of the season threads or player of year, you would see that I have said that from the start and even way before the Euro had started and its for this reason why Messi deserves the award more than Cristiano Ronaldo. I just dont agree that Iniesta was shit for Spain.

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Reports saying Xavi is in front of Pirlo in the top 10 . Seriously , what a joke.
Pirlo did better than Xavi and it was obvious in the Euros as well , not even mentioning league form and performances. I guess i have to concede to Mole and Jibers from last night .

Pirlo got officialy , Sneijder'd .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Zealous wrote:Man I hope Ronaldo wins. The fallout would be so amazing to watch.

The reality of the matter is that Cris deserves it over the midgets this year. Messi's goal run has been great but his reward for that is the Golden Boot imo.

As far as carrying the team(s) on his back Cris has been there for both Madrid and Portugal when they needed him. But man the riots from fanboys if Ronaldo wins :bow:

Del Bosque is a lock for best coach and I think he deserves it. Jose should come second.

Guardiola lol not even top 5 last year imo.

See it only takes one Madrid fan to make it Christina bs messi!

Your biased and a Madrid fan no shit your gonna pick Christina it would be weird if you chose messi so it doesn't really mean Ronaldo deserves it more. Your comment only means you think he deserves it more.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Luca wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@Dante

The main reason Iniesta is not in my top 3 is for these reasons....

1. Lack of team success

2. Inconsistent

3. Individual performances were not top 3 standard

That's about the size of it tbh, he wasn't as good for Barca as he has been in recent years although not all his fault as he played a lot of games out of position but none the less i don't think as an individual he was in the top 5 players of 2012.

Although tbf he has been fantastic since the start of the season.

How can you say that Iniesta lacked team succes? He won copa del rey and the Euros(!!!) while Pirlo only won the league.

Also, only, brought Juventus to the final of the other competition they were in, the Coppa Italia, only to lose to Napoli

Only though

And you didn't mention Mole's other two points which seem to be a pretty valid criteria for me

Your a juve fan?? Pirlo did it all on his own??? What? Frack No!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:26 pm

white_star wrote:
Luca wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Only though

Your a juve fan?? Pirlo did it all on his own??? What? Frack No!

Undoubtedly the most valuable player for both teams and it's not even close to discussion

Juventus built their system around Pirlo's ability to distribute and influence a game. He was the driving force, he didn't do it all on his own but he made players around him better

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:33 pm

white_star wrote:
Zealous wrote:Man I hope Ronaldo wins. The fallout would be so amazing to watch.

The reality of the matter is that Cris deserves it over the midgets this year. Messi's goal run has been great but his reward for that is the Golden Boot imo.

As far as carrying the team(s) on his back Cris has been there for both Madrid and Portugal when they needed him. But man the riots from fanboys if Ronaldo wins :bow:

Del Bosque is a lock for best coach and I think he deserves it. Jose should come second.

Your biased and a Madrid fan no shit your gonna pick Christina it would be weird if you chose messi so it doesn't really mean Ronaldo deserves it more. Your comment only means you think he deserves it more.

seriously you have a mental handicap if thats what you gathered from zeals post.

or do you not understand irony?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Who is replacing De Rossi?

Barzagli is injured? - No problem coach - I'll move to the centre and play as a sweeper and be the best performer of the game.

Germany playing two attacking midfielders? - I'll just lock them down.

Germany behind, cracks in their defense opening up? I'll move up and consolidate control and help Pirlo dominate the game from the centre.

Who is replacing that?

Motta and Nocerino can no moreso step in for De Rossi than guys like Montolivo and Aquilani can step in for someone like Pirlo. Who was replacing Cassano in this team?

Giovinco?

Also, entirely separate from that.

Using the strength of their reserves to determine the performances of a player on the pitch? Think about that for a second. Think of it's implications.
thank you very much, finally someone with some sense here.

and btw Aquilani or Monty can EASILY replace Pirlo for Italy.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
white_star wrote:

seriously you have a mental handicap if thats what you gathered from zeals post.

There is no irony to be honest, Portugal wasn't carried by ronaldo, he scored only three easy goals and didn't even step up for what he is best at in penalties.
won 1 trophy for Madrid, (the league) people think that the roles were now reversed when Ronaldo scored more goals and Messi won the Ligue but people fail to notice Messi also won Champions and top goal scorer for that tournament, Ronaldo did not this year.
I hope this doesn't turn into a simple Messi vs Ronaldo debate but honestly an individual award, Messi is on a record breaking frenzy, for Argentina, for Barcelona and records across the world beating Pele, and others.
If Messi doesn't win it, Casillas contributed more then Ronaldo, winning more trophies and carrying his team to EUROS (with that logic)
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
white_star wrote:

I consider that an insult I got warned for far less do mods of you are fair warn this fool!

I shared my opinion like he did. Just because that's what zealous believes does not mean he is right. You can't look at things only from one prospective. Thanks for the insult it will only make me stronger.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:39 am

ppl saying Pirlo deserving the mention more than Inesta are just trolling Barca fans.

IMO Vucinic was better for Juve than Pirlo.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:39 am

its interesting and a great read that people defending Pirlo like king...haha. to invalidate iniesta's inclusion they are giving all credits of Juve and Italy success without any specific information.....
I think this will be in between Ronaldo and messi to win and this year it is difficult to predict......But for those fully biased CR fanboys-
i just wonder why the following people have picked up Messi over Ronaldo if he does not deserve this year.....

Oliver kahn
Beckenbaur
Ronaldo
Neymar
Hulk
Gomez
Gotze
Guti
Ptatini
Menotti
Wenger

Marcelo(though hechanged his opinion after CR cried over ph)

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:24 pm

baresi wrote:ppl saying Pirlo deserving the mention more than Inesta are just trolling Barca fans.

IMO Vucinic was better for Juve than Pirlo.

They aint really trolling cause for what Pirlo did last season for both Juve and Italy, he would have deserved to be their if he was chosen. Only problem is that he(and Italy) was so humiliated by Iniesta, Xavi and co in the final and that gave the edge to Iniesta...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7