juventus101
Swanhends
white_star
39 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ballon D'or short list  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ballon D'or short list

Post by Muzza Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:11 am

Le Samourai wrote:De Rossi > Pirlo at the Euros in my opinion.

The flexibility he brought in both midfield and defense and the fact that he was better in both matches against us as well as the Germany game is enough for me to say that.

He was perhaps more replaceable than Pirlo but that doesn't affect what happened on the pitch.

Also.

Iniesta and no other Spanish player deserves anything based on any international competition. It's a complete team effort.

no xavi does

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:14 am

Muzza wrote:

The flexibility he brought in both midfield and defense and the fact that he was better in both matches against us as well as the Germany game is enough for me to say that.

He was perhaps more replaceable than Pirlo but that doesn't affect what happened on the pitch.

Also.

Iniesta and no other Spanish player deserves anything based on any international competition. It's a complete team effort.

no xavi does

Messi has been better than Vagi in eevry season
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:18 am

Frankly , i am surprised by the negativity surrounding Iniesta in here.

He has been in the best form of his carreer since last season and his games have been making people observe in awe . If this is about the amount of goals , well it's barely in his personal agenta as he barely looks to score himself , rather make it easy for others . Not to mention , most of his goals last/this season were spectacular .

Anyway , since Sneijder's criminal exclution in 2010 , i actualy stopped taking it seriously , like i used to. I 100% understand why Pirlo should be there as well , but it's not like someone unworthy got his place either. All of them , Messi , Ronaldo and Iniesta , had their best seasons ever.

It would take something out of this world for Pirlo to get in there and i really wanted him to at least make the top 3.Don't forget he didn't participate in the CL last season and this was a big reason behind his sublime form. Anyway, that's just how it is in the end. He should however , end up 4th-5th , anything lower would be ridiculous .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:20 am

jibers wrote:
Muzza wrote:

Also.

no xavi does

Messi has been better than Vagi in eevry season

look at the highlighted. we're talking about the credit for spain's overall success.

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:23 am

Dante wrote:Frankly , i am surprised by the negativity surrounding Iniesta in here.

He has been in the best form of his carreer since last season and his games have been making people observe in awe .

Lol no, not even close.

Iniesta was average last season and has been stop and start this season...

Iniesta was great the season the last time they won the CL and La Liga and that was probably his best and most consistent season.

But last season? no not even close.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 am

Dante wrote:Frankly , i am surprised by the negativity surrounding Iniesta in here.

He has been in the best form of his carreer since last season and his games have been making people observe in awe . If this is about the amount of goals , well it's barely in his personal agenta as he barely looks to score himself , rather make it easy for others . Not to mention , most of his goals last/this season were spectacular .

Anyway , since Sneijder's criminal exclution in 2010 , i actualy stopped taking it seriously , like i used to. I 100% understand why Pirlo should be there as well , but it's not like someone unworthy got his place either. All of them , Messi , Ronaldo and Iniesta , had their best seasons ever.

It would take something out of this world for Pirlo to get in there and i really wanted him to at least make the top 3.Don't forget he didn't participate in the CL last season and this was a big reason behind his sublime form. Anyway, that's just how it is in the end. He should however , end up 4th-5th , anything lower would be ridiculous .

What are you on about? Pirlos season was superior to Inestas ffs. Inesta performs in patches. He woulkd do one need trick and everyone raves about him when most games he does nothing but drift about. Utter farce. Pirlo matched him in the Euros. Spain were still the best team without Iniesta ffs. Take Pirlo out of Italy and they were half the team. Iniesta is too ovverated. Poor mans Zidane, and Zidane was ovverated as hell
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

He has been in the best form of his carreer since last season and his games have been making people observe in awe .

Lol no, not even close.

Iniesta was average last season and has been stop and start this season...

Iniesta was great the season the last time they won the CL and La Liga and that was probably his best and most consistent season.

But last season? no not even close.

I haven't watched all his games . But from what i've seen of Iniesta last season and the Euros and this season , he's been right up there for me. Maybe i am bit biased with him , perhaps you don't think he has had much of an impact , i don't know. But not even close , i find this unfair Mole.

Performance wise and statisticaly , i think he deserves to be there . Not necessarily any better than Pirlo , but he deserves it. If Pirlo was in his place , i would still agree with it. With Messi and Ronaldo , someone's got to be left out and it's not like Iniesta or Pirlo have been day and night between them. It's really close .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am

Jibers knock off the BS. I am not saying Intiesta should win it or should be in the top 3 but Pirlo even more doesn't deserve it! You guys are obsessing about a guy who did not lead a Juventus team to the seria A. A team that drew more then they won lol!! The quality in seria A was down last year just look at the two Milan team! He had one good game at the euros and everyone is fapping. Why don't you slow down and tell me where he was against Spain in the final????? Tell me how good his CL performances were???? So why don't you pls GO!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:50 am

jibers wrote:

What are you on about? Pirlos season was superior to Inestas ffs. Inesta performs in patches. He woulkd do one need trick and everyone raves about him when most games he does nothing but drift about. Utter farce. Pirlo matched him in the Euros. Spain were still the best team without Iniesta ffs. Take Pirlo out of Italy and they were half the team. Iniesta is too ovverated. Poor mans Zidane, and Zidane was ovverated as hell

All i am saying is Iniesta is worthy his place there, not that Pirlo was so worse than him or anything like it. Pirlo had an amazing season , his best in years . Yet , having watched Pirlo too much before , i can say it wasn't anything new for him , hust got back to his standards with a bang. I agree he has had a more serious role to play for his NT than Iniesta , though.

Again , it's my opinion and you are welcomed to disagree with it , but it's not like there's any huge difference in quality or performance either. It's a tough call there between the two , but either way , they both deserve to be there.

To add , Iniesta being voted last seasons best CL player , would be difficult to miss the top 3 , me thinks.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

Iniesta being voted best CL player means f*ck all quite frankly....

Just like these awards voting means little....

His performances for Barca over the year were average at best....

Busquets was better.

Pirlo was the best player in Italy and the best player at the Euros.....

It's a joke, Iniesta doesn't deserve to be anywhere near this award.

Iniesta had a fine Euros yes but it was a team effort and there was still better players than him at the Euros.

and for his Club there is at least 10 who had a better 2012.

Why do you think Barca didn't win La Liga and the CL?

If Iniesta was so great they wouldn't have finished comfortably behind Madrid and knocked out by Chelsea.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:04 am

Who cares, Messi will/should win it. Rest of the names are there for the requirement
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am

jibers wrote:

aha so that explain why everyone were complaining everything about Spain. Everyone had a opinion on the team like for example Spain should play with less midfielder, with more striker, how shit torres was, how spain should only play with 1 DM and how Xavi was overrated(look at the Xavi vs Pirlo thread for example), how Del Bosque was an awful manager etc. Every player was criticize, that is, everyone but Iniesta.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:10 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Iniesta being voted best CL player means f*ck all quite frankly....

Just like these awards voting means little....

His performances for Barca over the year were average at best....

Busquets was better.

Pirlo was the best player in Italy and the best player at the Euros.....

It's a joke, Iniesta doesn't deserve to be anywhere near this award.

Iniesta had a fine Euros yes but it was a team effort and there was still better players than him at the Euros.

and for his Club there is at least 10 who had a better 2012.

Why do you think Barca didn't win La Liga and the CL?

If Iniesta was so great they wouldn't have finished comfortably behind Madrid and knocked out by Chelsea.

Funny how you can change the name in either of those sentance with each other and it wouldnt make it less true.

And once again, Italy were a much better team than Spain at this Euro. It was only in the final when Spain actually showed how good the were. Before that everyone was hating Spain why everyone were wanking all over Italy and everyone of their players. I mean it wasnt just Pirlo who everyone was wanking off too, it was to de rossi and balotelli as well. While apart from Iniesta, which Spanish player were everyone complimenting before the final? Ramos?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am

Spain was the better team..... doesn't mean anyone player is better than someone else....

Spain's was a team effort there was no standout individual performances that dragged them to the final like Pirlo's did with Italy.

Silva was better than Iniesta at the Euros anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:21 am

What were you guys expecting ffs?

If Pirlo failed to win out against Iniesta at the European award, how did he stand a chance on this one?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:23 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What were you guys expecting ffs?

If Pirlo failed to win out against Iniesta at the European award, how did he stand a chance on this one?

No one was expecting any different but it's still a joke.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:24 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Spain was the better team..... doesn't mean anyone player is better than someone else....

Spain's was a team effort there was no standout individual performances that dragged them to the final like Pirlo's did with Italy.

Ballon D'or short list  - Page 2 Tumblr_mb86coOKUD1ri350fo1_400

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:27 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Spain was the better team..... doesn't mean anyone player is better than someone else....

Wtf is with the Pirlo obsession how was he leading Italy to the final and how was Italy's performance not a team one? You are contradicting yourself!! Intiesta was no more or less important to Spain then the same could be said about Pirlo! I think some people's hate clouds their judgment. Both players outstanding both players completely different roles, and both players don't stand a chance against Messi or Cr7. Neither better then the other in the last year.

The things you said about Intiesta ?? Barca didn't win cl because Chelsea had a defensive two games of their lives! I doubt Pirlo would have done any better with Juventus!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:28 am

can someone please post how many games iniesta played that season? i swear i remember him being injured all the time...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:31 am

I agree about what you said about Pirlo . Best player in Italy no doubt and alongside Iniesta , best player in the Euro as well.

Having said this , when you claim it was a team effort about Spain , then i can as easily claim Juventus season and Italy's Euro were down to team effort and i would be 100% accurate as well. It was in the end , i really doubt who can claim otherwise.

I am not sure why you find Iniesta being there so absurd mate. What you call average , i saw with my eyes popped out . The man is technicaly perfect , he barely puts a foot wrong . Even though i get the same can be said about Pirlo as well .

If you want to argue about why they finished 2nd and got out of the CL , it again goes down to team effort . Their issues at the back plus some important injuries, i don't think this was Iniesta's fault. Not to mention ,Real had an amazing season , not even Messi with all his goals could do something about it.

Neither they got eliminated from the CL because of Iniesta , if anything , he was one of the reasons they got in the semis. But anyway . I already said i don't really take this award seriously anymore . I can understand , perhaps , why you think Iniesta shouldn't be there . And in all fairness , i told you i would still agree if Pirlo was in his place , i wanted him to get there ffs Laughing

Even if you are right , i wouldn't place Iniesta lower than 4th-5th place , like i said about Pirlo .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:32 am

Hate? Laughing have you seen how many times i have defended Barca on here?

Hell i got banned once defended them Laughing

Also Iniesta as important to Spain as Pirlo is to Italy give me a break ffs Laughing

But i digress if your not a Barca player then your not deserving.

Iniesta was average for Barca through out the season leading up to the Euros Busquets was better and at the Euros he wasn't even Spains best player.

Pls stahp.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:37 am

No I won't stop because you don't get it!
Pirlo did Frak all and your obsessing. Juventus won a crappy low quality seria A last year. No offense but seria a fans can't tell me that the quality used to be at a whole mother level! Pirlo couldn't even lead his team to the Europa league and you are hailing him almighty. Pirlo supposedly the best player at the Euros and cannot be seen in the final explain that and we can continue I your going repeat yourself then I will just ignore you. Remember the final is what counts not the outstanding group performance!!!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:38 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hate? Laughing have you seen how many times i have defended Barca on here?

Hell i got banned once defended them Laughing

Also Iniesta as important to Spain as Pirlo is to Italy give me a break ffs Laughing

But i digress if your not a Barca player then your not deserving.

Iniesta was average for Barca through out the season leading up to the Euros Busquets was better and at the Euros he wasn't even Spains best player.

Pls stahp.

So thats why everyone were saying that either him or Alonso should be dropped?

I he really was better than Iniesta then shouldnt the Spanish fans have NEVER questioned Busquets part in the Starting 11?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 am

An seriously why are we comparing busquets to Intiesta? Busquets has a totally different assignment in each game. Intiesta has nothing to do with what busquets does on the field.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 am

White Star Serie A is still a top 4 league, and winning it unbeaten has a lot of value to it. He should deservedly get praised for that. But I digress with the people that say that "Pirlo led them to a Serie A title"... I'm sorry, were Chiellini, Barzagli, Marchisio, Buffon and Vidal not playing along him as well? Likewise Iniesta was one of many good performers, but he edges it out as Spain's representative because he was (voted as) the best player of the tournament. Whether you disagree with that title or not is irrelevant because he is widely recognized as it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:42 am

Iniesta had an easier role for Spain unlike Silva. Under VDB he was the constructor and main player leading the offensive force. Not to take the credit away but clearly Silva did have more impact in Euros.

However Iniesta still should be in top 3 of BalloDor because he was more consistent throughout the season.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next