Since it finally happened, we should probably discuss it.

2 posters

Go down

Since it finally happened, we should probably discuss it. Empty Since it finally happened, we should probably discuss it.

Post by Kick Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:14 am

David Luiz at DM/DLP.

We asked for it, we got it.
It's been a while since Chelsea fans first posed the question of whether DL4 would be able to play as a DM, back when Essien was off form and Mikel wasn't much better, before Romeu and back when we had a brazilian called Alex. DL4 posses the abilities of a midfielder and a bit of the brazilian flair which has long been lacking in the Chelsea midfield.

The opposition
Not to discredited them but Monterrey are not the best of teams, if there was going to be a match which could make Sideshowbob look good, it would be this one. They left space in the midfield, didn't track him well and were poor in defence, all of which made it easy for DL4 to forget his defensive job and concentrate on the lesser known, play making side of his game. He did this well and was a standout in early parts of the match. It is fair to say Lampard did not have the same effect as David but coming back from an injury, Frank wasn't expected to.

the performence
Probably the best player along with Hazard in the early stages, making great runs, playing exellent through balls, positioning himself in good positions to link up play and being a general problem to Monterrey in midfield. While he did well in attack, I felt he was a bit lazy in defence and noticed him meandering back in defence a few times while Mikel was helping out.

Changing his position
David is no longer a youngester and is nearing his prime so is it really a good option to switch his primary position which could mean him spending more time adapting to the position? He isn't the finish product yet but when on form and kept in line, he is fantastic.

The future
With Romeu out for what is most likely the season, Mikel and Ramires suspended in the near future and Mikel going to AFCON, the midfield is looking very thin so David Luiz will surely feature in Midfield again as long as Chelsea do not recall or buy anyone.

Final thoughts
while it was exciting seeing him playing in a more free role, David Luiz should probably only be used in DM in emergency situations as I still have faith in him at CB.

Opinions on his performence guys?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Since it finally happened, we should probably discuss it. Empty Re: Since it finally happened, we should probably discuss it.

Post by Shed Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:38 am

First of all, it's *performance :coffee:

Second, I'm not ready to use a showing against some Mexican scrub team as proof he's the future of our defensive midfield, as you said. Much like it would be crazy to think Fernanda is "back" after a few garbage goals against equally as garbage opposition, let's wait to see how he performs against teams of actual quality.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Since it finally happened, we should probably discuss it. Empty Re: Since it finally happened, we should probably discuss it.

Post by Kick Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:22 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:First of all, it's *performance :coffee:

Second, I'm not ready to use a showing against some Mexican scrub team as proof he's the future of our defensive midfield, as you said. Much like it would be crazy to think Fernanda is "back" after a few garbage goals against equally as garbage opposition, let's wait to see how he performs against teams of actual quality.

I put that in there so you had something to complain about, mate Smile

I think we will see him there more once JT is back. I am not sure I want to see DL4 play against a decent team there yet, it could be very bad. I'd much rather he only be used in emergencies but thought there might be some differing opinions on the subject as it has always been talk about.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:37 am

Kick wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:First of all, it's *performance :coffee:

I put that in there so you had something to complain about, mate Smile

I think we will see him there more once JT is back. I am not sure I want to see DL4 play against a decent team there yet, it could be very bad. I'd much rather he only be used in emergencies but thought there might be some differing opinions on the subject as it has always been talk about.
I think we'll almost certainly see him against L**ds, considering the only CM in the entire squad available for that match is Lamps Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 am

certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him in DM then, will JT be back for it?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:19 am

Kick wrote:certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him in DM then, will JT be back for it?
Don't know. I hope so.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down