Onyx
guest7
VanDeezNuts
TheRedStag
white_star
52 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Glory hunting! - Page 6 Empty Re: Glory hunting!

Post by white_star Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:14 pm

M99 wrote:
16. will never talk about the years before the club started to become successful

Hmm, so to be a true fan the next time I engage in banter with rival fans, I have to tell them "yo before the 50s Milan was really unsuccessful, they were trophyless for a long time, suck on that"

Gotcha. Thank you for showing me the path to be a true fan.

No problem!

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:15 pm

To me you are a glory hunter if one of the main reasons you choose to support the team that you do is because of how good they are and then if you start gloating about it, it gets on my nerves. For example, If you became a Chelsea fan after they won the CL and then procede to tell everybody how great they are, then In my eyes you a cu**.

I started supporting Newcastle was I was 6, so the 97-98 season. And it was mostly because of Alan Shearer, he was all over the English Media at the time and one of England's best players, he drew me to Newcastle, but the more I watched them and the more I learned about the club the more I loved it. I've never been to a game, I cannot afford to buy tickets and travel to the other end of the country but I watch EVERY game, pre-season, cup, league, European games and most of the reserve and youth games too. I routinely book days off work to watch them play, last season I booked 2 weeks off work so I could watch the pre-season games. I will never stop supporting Newcastle as long as they are in existence, even if they go down to the 10th tier of English football I will still be a Newcastle supporter. But according to your list I am a glory hunter. Newcastle haven't won a major trophy since the 1950's, so there isn't much glory to hunt, but I guarantee that If I ever see them lift a trophy I will celebrate as much as the most hardcore of Newcastle fans because I love the club and I always will.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:13 pm

M99 wrote:
Abramovich wrote:This thread is kinda pointless tbh, due to the fact that the majority of this forum are glory hunters.

Maybe not quite in the way you put it white star or the reasons you suggest as such, to be frank they are very deluded if they believe they don't glory support because the term glory support to them means something else to them.

I'm not going to go deep into what I believe is a glory supporter, you can support clubs and teams from other countries by all means. But don't go acting like you part of the ultras or a hardcore diehard fan, speaking about history and all this stuff when your not even part of it. Yes am looking at you medrid fans you know who you are so not even going to bother to name and shame.

Please enlighten me on how you are a part of Chelsea's history lol.

Please don't start with your ignorant crap, I don't go sprouting shit about history on this forum (inb4nohistory) and its passed down from generation to generation? My grandparents supported Chelsea too, so don't be an ass seriously.

One would think my message would connotate to even the thickest of people that the point was e.g your classic GL Madrid fan supporting them since 2007-2010 by just picking them and talking about history. But guess I thought too highly of the general common sense of this place.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:23 pm

I never understand when people say 'its okay if your parents supported the team and then you did, that doesnt make you a glory supporter' but what if.. the parents were glory supporters too? at one point in thier chldhood they chose to support that club for whetever reason but you wouldnt go and call your parents/grandparents glory supporters would you? does that make it any better? or do you just not care? Both are glory supporters then.

I didnt know we arent allowed to feel like part of our clubs past, just like we will be to the future, just because i wasnt around in those times to witness and enjoy the sucsessfulness of the club at that point doesnt mean i cant enjoy it once i learned about it. theres a reason no one forgets history you know.

Aslong as you dont google search 'most suscessful team in the world' and then learn about them and go gloating to everyone i think its fine to refare to past achievments of your club as 'we'.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:29 pm

aford92 wrote:To me you are a glory hunter if one of the main reasons you choose to support the team that you do is because of how good they are and then if you start gloating about it, it gets on my nerves. For example, If you became a Chelsea fan after they won the CL and then procede to tell everybody how great they are, then In my eyes you a cu**.

I started supporting Newcastle was I was 6, so the 97-98 season. And it was mostly because of Alan Shearer, he was all over the English Media at the time and one of England's best players, he drew me to Newcastle, but the more I watched them and the more I learned about the club the more I loved it. I've never been to a game, I cannot afford to buy tickets and travel to the other end of the country but I watch EVERY game, pre-season, cup, league, European games and most of the reserve and youth games too. I routinely book days off work to watch them play, last season I booked 2 weeks off work so I could watch the pre-season games. I will never stop supporting Newcastle as long as they are in existence, even if they go down to the 10th tier of English football I will still be a Newcastle supporter. But according to your list I am a glory hunter. Newcastle haven't won a major trophy since the 1950's, so there isn't much glory to hunt, but I guarantee that If I ever see them lift a trophy I will celebrate as much as the most hardcore of Newcastle fans because I love the club and I always will.

I am sorry but my OP was not directed at people like you. You sit are a Newcastle fan forever no matter what so you se not a gloryhunter. You are a fan that sticks to a team no matter where they are respect towards you sir.

I would like to say is I learned a lot of people on here are genuine fans that live their club and I respect that and I respect the fact that you shared your stories. I would like to apologize if I pissed anyone off. To end my speal there are still gloryhunters on this forum and you know who you are and you know why because it was explained.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:I never understand when people say 'its okay if your parents supported the team and then you did, that doesnt make you a glory supporter' but what if.. the parents were glory supporters too? at one point in thier chldhood they chose to support that club for whetever reason but you wouldnt go and call your parents/grandparents glory supporters would you? does that make it any better? or do you just not care? Both are glory supporters then.

I didnt know we arent allowed to feel like part of our clubs past, just like we will be to the future, just because i wasnt around in those times to witness and enjoy the sucsessfulness of the club at that point doesnt mean i cant enjoy it once i learned about it. theres a reason no one forgets history you know.

Aslong as you dont google search 'most suscessful team in the world' and then learn about them and go gloating to everyone i think its fine to refare to past achievments of your club as 'we'.

Can't answer this as I have no experience of this, thus does not compute. I fully accept all this globalisation and what not for reals. For sure you can talk about the clubs history and what not especially if successful, but then that is also a key factor in a "glory supporter" picking that particular club?

Gloating about history and then supporting a club due to that history, to me is just the easy way and the plastic way. Hell half these people here would quit supporting their clubs if they got relegated.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Abramovich wrote:
M99 wrote:
Abramovich wrote:This thread is kinda pointless tbh, due to the fact that the majority of this forum are glory hunters.

Maybe not quite in the way you put it white star or the reasons you suggest as such, to be frank they are very deluded if they believe they don't glory support because the term glory support to them means something else to them.

I'm not going to go deep into what I believe is a glory supporter, you can support clubs and teams from other countries by all means. But don't go acting like you part of the ultras or a hardcore diehard fan, speaking about history and all this stuff when your not even part of it. Yes am looking at you medrid fans you know who you are so not even going to bother to name and shame.

Please enlighten me on how you are a part of Chelsea's history lol.

Please don't start with your ignorant crap, I don't go sprouting shit about history on this forum (inb4nohistory) and its passed down from generation to generation? My grandparents supported Chelsea too, so don't be an ass seriously.

One would think my message would connotate to even the thickest of people that the point was e.g your classic GL Madrid fan supporting them since 2007-2010 by just picking them and talking about history. But guess I thought too highly of the general common sense of this place.

Ya I could have told you that. People resort to dumb comments and insults instead sharing their side of the story. I have a view on something but because they disagree I have to be told its stupid and dumb. That's GL for you.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Cassius_Case wrote:I never understand when people say 'its okay if your parents supported the team and then you did, that doesnt make you a glory supporter' but what if.. the parents were glory supporters too? at one point in thier chldhood they chose to support that club for whetever reason but you wouldnt go and call your parents/grandparents glory supporters would you? does that make it any better? or do you just not care? Both are glory supporters then.

Can't answer this as I have no experience of this, thus does not compute. I fully accept all this globalisation and what not for reals. For sure you can talk about the clubs history and what not especially if successful, but then that is also a key factor in a "glory supporter" picking that particular club?

Gloating about history and then supporting a club due to that history, to me is just the easy way and the plastic way. Hell half these people here would quit supporting their clubs if they got relegated, and not to mention the mega lols of indians here pretending they are Spanish.
Fair Play lol.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:32 am

Living in Argentina I've met many Boca fans, but I assure you that the guy that was obsessed with Riquelme from Lebanon on this forum is a bigger Boca fans than many of the ones I've met.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 am

Call me glory hunter.
But anyone know where I can get a hold of FC Porto jersey with no name?

Preferably in the US.

<3
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:26 am

Chelsea fan giving an lecture about glory hunting.

Irony on this one, delicious.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:14 am

If I'm not mistaken Op is a Chicago Bulls fan, from Poland. He violates about 10 of his own rules lol.

"will choose a big club knowing they'll be on top for years" You were either a Bulls fan during the Jordan years, or when they got Rose. Check

"has no connection to the club" Check. Unless traveling there qualifies. I go to Florida on vacation, I guess I have a connection to the Miami Heat.

"will often be the most biased towards to compensate for the glory hunter status " Check. You stanned Derrick Rose hard when he won an undeserving MVP. Said he was the best PG in basketball.

"will show more hate for other clubs to compensate for their glory hunter status" Check.

"have a club in their own country, don't have the guts to support them " Poland has a basketball league, why not follow that league?

"will never talk about the years before the club started to become successful " Like 1999-2004 for the Bulls.

I'm sure you see where this is going.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:13 pm

dmize wrote:If I'm not mistaken Op is a Chicago Bulls fan, from Poland. He violates about 10 of his own rules lol.

"will choose a big club knowing they'll be on top for years" You were either a Bulls fan during the Jordan years, or when they got Rose. Check

"has no connection to the club" Check. Unless traveling there qualifies. I go to Florida on vacation, I guess I have a connection to the Miami Heat.

"will often be the most biased towards to compensate for the glory hunter status " Check. You stanned Derrick Rose hard when he won an undeserving MVP. Said he was the best PG in basketball.

"will show more hate for other clubs to compensate for their glory hunter status" Check.

"have a club in their own country, don't have the guts to support them " Poland has a basketball league, why not follow that league?

"will never talk about the years before the club started to become successful " Like 1999-2004 for the Bulls.

I'm sure you see where this is going.

I went to Bulls games in the 90's because my grandpa was a Bulls fans living in the us at he times. I always watched them in Poland and when I move to Chicago 2 years ago I live in Chicago so I support the Bulls. I did do it as a gloryhunter because I am not from Chicago. I like the team and will continue to support them but I am still not a diehard fan!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Okay folks. I have cleaned out this thread from the OT and insulting stuff so that I could unlock it again. I'd like you to stay on topic here now. People derailing it again will receive a warning and possibly get docked some percents of their warning level.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Thanks RWO I would like to say that I am thinking about some of the things I said. I really liked how people shared their history of supporting a club. I noticed some people are die hard even though living far away from the club. Please continue to share stories like that and we can all listen to all the different views on this subject. No point of derailing and insults.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:01 pm

white_star wrote:Thanks RWO I would like to say that I am thinking about some of the things I said. I really liked how people shared their history of supporting a club. I noticed some people are die hard even though living far away from the club. Please continue to share stories like that and we can all listen to all the different views on this subject. No point of derailing and insults.

What do you think about the rivalry between isla and Cracovia ? and all the violence surrounding this rivalry ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Bénin wrote:
white_star wrote:Thanks RWO I would like to say that I am thinking about some of the things I said. I really liked how people shared their history of supporting a club. I noticed some people are die hard even though living far away from the club. Please continue to share stories like that and we can all listen to all the different views on this subject. No point of derailing and insults.

What do you think about the rivalry between isla and Cracovia ? and all the violence surrounding this rivalry ?

I am traveling for the holidays so I will return with a better post but the rivalry is just intense. I have personally experienced it and it is crazy, bloody, dangerous game to be at or afterwards. Only about 2 kilometers or so separate the two stadiums. I will share more.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:40 am

hmm i don't want to single out any one but its getting confusing for me how some users here have one club in their profile and refer to other clubs as ``we`` , apart from glory hunting and loyalty and etc , its confusing because you never know what club they truly support
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:05 pm

I don´t think I can call it glory hunting when a person identifies themself with a club, to the point where its success is their success, its losses are their losses, and ones emotions can be so altered by this club.

There are people who hopped on the Chelsea bandwagon, and show anger. They berate other teams, cuss, argue, yada yada. I would call these glory hunters. But I could never call someone a glory hunter when the champions league win made them feel proud as a person, or their huge losses and ineffectiveness made them feel hopeless.

I follow many teams due to certain players playing for them, and I can say I support them. But that´s as far as it goes, once the player leaves or isn´t played, I´m gone. I don´t call that glory hunting.

Glory hunting to me is the act of choosing a successful team (successful at the time) so that one can enjoy the boasting and belittling that comes along with it. For me, it´s the same type of person who only considers very attractive women to date or have sex with so that they can then show it off to the world.

Then there are the 1st and 2nd generations. You know, the Spanish Americans, Brasilian Americans, who like to have the ability to ¨exaggerate¨ a little bit when choosing their teams.

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:42 pm

To me, a glory hunter is the people who has , at least one time, changed his loyalty to his club and started "supporting" another club as "his club". That's the biggest and most obvious sign I think.

That being said, I still find hard to understand how a Qatari guy could feel a barcelona fan and how a Malian could feel a Manchester fan when they clearly have zero link with the club.

Anyone who supports Barcelona is also suspect as the numbers of Barcelona fans curiously multiplied since they started dominating the football world. I suspect that a lot of them will change loyalty once their good period will end.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:36 pm

any of you consider those who live in a different time zone yet watch all or most of the games live gloryhunters??
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:49 pm

This thread should die now Sad

Supporting a club due to them being successful = glory hunting, happens in UK as well etc with a massive amount of southerners and what not supporting Man Utd for their achievements.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6