Onyx
guest7
VanDeezNuts
TheRedStag
white_star
52 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Glory hunting! - Page 4 Empty Re: Glory hunting!

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

What's Gago doing in that picture? hmm

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 am

white_star wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:so.... white_star is glory hunting wilsa?

How ? What are you talking about you can't read?

by your own standard youre a glory hunter.

white_star wrote:
RedOranje wrote:So what MLS club do you support, White_star?

Fire lol

I don't support them but I go to some of the games when I am in Chicago. I was born in Poland and lived in krakow went to school their. Worked their for a while before they moved me to Chicago. I have to travel to Polan 4 times a year and at least 4 times to other countries. I have seen lots of games and teams but wisla is still the only one in my heart!

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 am

Ok my view makes no sense to you but your views make no sense to me so we got no where their. Plus I think you repeated yourself like three times lol
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
white_star wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:so.... white_star is glory hunting wilsa?

How ? What are you talking about you can't read?

by your own standard youre a glory hunter.

white_star wrote:
RedOranje wrote:So what MLS club do you support, White_star?

Fire lol

I don't support them but I go to some of the games when I am in Chicago. I was born in Poland and lived in krakow went to school their. Worked their for a while before they moved me to Chicago. I have to travel to Polan 4 times a year and at least 4 times to other countries. I have seen lots of games and teams but wisla is still the only one in my heart!

Ok if you say so or you don't understand what I wrote I was born in Poland and lived in Poland and went to the games and still go to the games. The fire answer was for the Lols and I stated I don't support them just went to a few games.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:46 am

Based on the logic presented in the OP there was no real football fans in all of Australia before the A-League began in 2004, and there are still no real fans in the Northern Territory, ACT and Tasmania as these states still don’t have an A-League side :facepalm:
Another thing about following European football from Australia is that our time zone is terrible for it, most PL games will kick off at either midnight or 2am and unless you have pay TV (which I am lucky enough to) youre going to have to stream every game online in poor quality and most probably with foreign commentary. As for CL games you only get two per match day on free to air, only one of which is live (6am kick off) otherwise again you have to live stream it. As for the cups, neither the COC of FA cup are on shown on free-to-air but apparently pay TV is getting the FA cup this year, otherwise its more poor quality on line streaming with foreign commentary.

Also there are no La Liga or Serie A games shown ever on free to air and the three main sports channels on pay TV don’t show it so those fans are forced to stream the large majority of their games in all competitions.

But of course these people who are waking up between midnight and 5am week in week out (atm its 2-3 times per week too) are all plastics because we weren’t lucky enough to be born in a European country with a local club and a local league (I was 12 when the a-league had its first season). Instead the real fans are those with local teams, who have the best football in the world in their backyard and have the luxury of watching football in a stadium at a reasonable time, or watching it on free-to-air TV with understandable commentary are the real fans. And of course those with a family who introduced their game to them are the real fans because they have long standing ties to the club (there are only two people who follow football in my entire family, my Uncle and my third cousin-actually that Uncle is born in Cyprus but has followed United all his life, guess hes a plastic too Laughing ) whereas us uncultured Australians are just plastic band wagoners right?

white_star wrote:11. uses the talk of tactics and transfers to compensate for the lack of all round knowledge of the club (history and culture of the clubs, attendance of games, lack of knowledge or care factor about the direction of the club off field etc.)
This one I agree with and off the back of it I call for a rule change, from now on all football discussion in all areas of the forum must be about football that occurred within or before the 03/04 season, that way we can clear out the plastics. Anyone who cannot abide by this is unwelcome and this should be banned.
white_star wrote:15. have a club in their own country, don't have the guts to support them
Being too caught up in your own world im sure you wouldn’t know that Australia is home to several successful sporting codes, and based off your definition of a bandwagoner if I don’t support ever local team then im a glory hunter, and id hate that, so heres a list of all the local teams I now support:
A-League
Sydney FC
Western Sydney Wanders

AFL
Sydney Swans
GWS Giants
NRL
Sydney Roosters
Canterbury Bulldogs
St George Illawarra Dragons
Penrith Panthers
Parramatta Eels
West Tigers
Manly Sea Eagles
Cronulla Sharks

Rugby Union
Waratahs
White Star, am I doing it right?

white_star wrote:17. at games (if attended) will be the quiet ones who never chant or make a noise

Those of a quiet or shy personality cannot be football fans in any way shape of form

I consider myself to be a passionate Chelsea fan, and im sure the other posts will back me up on that, but im born in Australia and ive never even been to Europe before-you must be shocked! And you know what makes it even worse, the reason I got into Chelea in the first place was because they had an awesome team on FIFA06-OMG GLORY HUNTER ALERT!!, so yes once upon a time I was bandwagoner. Thing is I began to really pay attention to football and truly follow Chelsea during the Mou/Grant season, and then I continued to follow them though the Scolari mess, and here I am still supporting them today with FSW as the coach, but im still a glory hunter right?

But white star, do you know why I stuck by Chelsea through all that mess? Because when I was young I was taught that once you pick a team your stuck with them forever, and sure I haven’t followed Chelsea for all too long, but ive been following the same Rugby League team since I was six years old, and the same dedication I still show to that stupid team is the same dedication I show to Chelsea right up to this day

Also one more thing, Franchise lives in the Philippines (I think), Red lives in USA and Kizz and Dos both live in Australia, which means our forum is run by glory hunters, isn’t that right white_starr, afterall the dedication and immense knowledge those four posters bring to this forum each and every day means nothing if your not born and live in Europe and go to games ever weeks, right?

Looking much forward to your response white-star

Last edited by fatman123 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:51 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:Agreed with OP. those people are exactly what's wrong with modern football which had made the game a business, rather than a sport. They are simply te consumers of the franchise rather than fans of the game.

Liverpools not in Canada, so I guess your calling yourself a glory hunter then?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:53 am

Jack Daniel lives in the Philippines, I live in Denmark, 1 year since relocating from London.

Just FYI.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:59 am

fatman123 wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:Agreed with OP. those people are exactly what's wrong with modern football which had made the game a business, rather than a sport. They are simply te consumers of the franchise rather than fans of the game.

Yes.

Though I made the effort to go to Anfield, so I am not hard hard glory-hunter for now, but still a glory-hunter.

Why did I not support Derby County all those years ago ?

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 am

The Franchise wrote:Jack Daniel lives in the Philippines, I live in Denmark, 1 year since relocating from London.

Just FYI.

Sorry, my bad. Point is still valid though, you dont live in Catalonia and JD doesnt live in Roma
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Yes.

Though I made the effort to go to Anfield, so I am not hard hard glory-hunter for now, but still a glory-hunter.

When you were getting into football you wouldnt have had a clue who Derby County were and unless you we're interested in English geography youd probably never heard of the place Derby either
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 am

fatman123 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Jack Daniel lives in the Philippines, I live in Denmark, 1 year since relocating from London.

Just FYI.

Sorry, my bad. Point is still valid though, you dont live in Catalonia and JD doesnt live in Madrid

I agree.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:05 am

fatman123 wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Yes.

When you were getting into football you wouldnt have had a clue who Derby County were and unless you we're interested in English geography youd probably never heard of the place Derby either

Except that I did.

When I used to play FIFA 99, I used to pick Derby for my English team, Hansa Rostock for Germany, and Sporting Gijon for Spain. All those teams were in the top flight then.

There was not much use of Internet then, especially for an 8 year old like me, I just saw Michael Owen being a Liverpool player and wanted to associated myself with Michael Owen, and hence picked Liverpool.

Michael Owen was my glory factor of supporting Liverpool even if I didn't know shit about the history etc. But again, I picked them because of their glory at the time, who was Michael Owen.

why did I not become a Derby fan? Because they had no glorious players in the national team that I noticed during the 98 world cup.

I still play as Gijon on FIFA manager mode though :coffee:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:13 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:
fatman123 wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:

Yes.

Except that I did.

When I used to play FIFA 99, I used to pick Derby for my English team, Hansa Rostock for Germany, and Sporting Gijon for Spain. All those teams were in the top flight then.

There was not much use of Internet then, especially for an 8 year old like me, I just saw Michael Owen being a Liverpool player and wanted to associated myself with Michael Owen, and hence picked Liverpool.

Michael Owen was my glory factor of supporting Liverpool even if I didn't know shit about the history etc. But again, I picked them because of their glory at the time, who was Michael Owen.

why did I not become a Derby fan? Because they had no glorious players in the national team that I noticed during the 98 world cup.

Look at my first post, the reason we're having this conversation rigth now is because the Chelsea team in FIFA06 was amazing and with it i won everything there was to win in my manager mode.

Even when i started watching football i think the reason Chelsea appealed to me over all the other sides was because they were big strong and physical (remeber i've watched rugby all my life), because by this time it was Mous last season and Grant came in and then Scolari followed, and we werent winning many games Laughing

My point is, most of us probably did start supporting a team as glory hunters, be it via FIFA or seeing them win thngs on TV, but its being there through the thick and thin (and yes i know whats "thin" for Chelsea would be a fantasy land for someone else) is what makes you into a real fan, and at the end of the day tools are giong to some up with stupid rules you have to follow to be a "real fan" but im confident that i am a true fan and some idiot behind a computer on the other side of the world isnt going to change that

and btw i havent used Chelsea in manager mode since FIFA11-WBA and Shane Long Champions of the world :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:17 am

fatman123 wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Except that I did.

Look at my first post, the reason we're having this conversation rigth now is because the Chelsea team in FIFA06 was amazing and with it i won everything there was to win in my manager mode.

Even when i started watching football i think the reason Chelsea appealed to me over all the other sides was because they were big strong and physical (remeber i've watched rugby all my life), because by this time it was Mous last season and Grant came in and then Scolari followed, and we werent winning many games Laughing

My point is, most of us probably did start supporting a team as glory hunters, be it via FIFA or seeing them win thngs on TV, but its being there through the thick and thin (and yes i know whats "thin" for Chelsea would be a fantasy land for someone else) is what makes you into a real fan, and at the end of the day tools are giong to some up with stupid rules you have to follow to be a "real fan" but im confident that i am a true fan and some idiot behind a computer on the other side of the world isnt going to change that

and btw i havent used Chelsea in manager mode since FIFA11-WBA and Shane Long Champions of the world :coffee:

Being glory-hunter doesn't make you a bad fan.

we are just different type of fans from season-ticket holders at Anfield and the Bridge. We have to accept it.

Those who've seen the past before football became a business and commercialized in 1992, those who know the club's real traditions have seen it, and have translated the love for the club to their kids. Sorry, but I can't put us in the same category as me.

You have fanbases here saying: "Who were Madrid before Mourinho"

or some twattish Liverpool fans (not here) saying: "The reason we are shit now, is we can't move on from Hillsborough, stop this whole campaign and move on"

and plenty of other examples for other clubs.....Sorry, those are modern fans who far the lowest in pecking order of supporting a club. We are better than that, but we won't be in level of support of people who go to every game, who've tasted the club tragedies and have cherished the success from meters away.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:Being glory-hunter doesn't make you a bad fan.

we are just different type of fans from season-ticket holders at Anfield and the Bridge. We have to accept it.

Those who've seen the past before football became a business and commercialized in 1992, those who know the club's real traditions have seen it, and have translated the love for the club to their kids. Sorry, but I can't put us in the same category as me.

You have fanbases here saying: "Who were Madrid before Mourinho"

or some twattish Liverpool fans (not here) saying: "The reason we are shit now, is we can't move on from Hillsborough, stop this whole campaign and move on"

and plenty of other examples for other clubs.....Sorry, those are modern fans who far the lowest in pecking order of supporting a club. We are better than that, but we won't be in level of support of people who go to every game, who've tasted the club tragedies and have cherished the success from meters away.

I can see where your comoing from about the fans of old watching their team change over the years, not that ive seen if with Chelsea fo course, but ive seen my rugby league team go from being in three straight grand finals to becoming the laughing stock of the league, and it sucks so much

The way i see it though is we're both making the best of what we've got, you werent born in Liverpool and i wasnt born in London, so theres most likely no way either of us will ever be season tikcet holders for our clubs, but we both watch 90+% of our teams games and we're still both quite farmiliar with the clubs history, be it Hillsborough or the Bridge being saved by CPO

Of course neither of us know (or will ever know) as much about our clubs as someone 40 years older then us, but that same guy wont know as much about his club as someone 40 years older then him and so on.

Again just because someone is born into a sporitng family doesnt automaticaly put them into some higher bracket imo, like i said earlier theres two football fans in my extended family, i dont see how that in any way impacts my passion towards my team, infact i have very few freinds who follow football too and none of my closest follow football at all, but again i dont see how it changed my passiont owards the game

And i someone has been following Chelsea for 60 years does it nessecarily make him more of a fan then me? how is it my fault that i was born when im born?

Like i said, we're all just making the best of the resources around us, and imo if know deep down that youre dong that then your just as die hard for your club as the next guy
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:41 am

Just because you don't live near a team and you can be a season ticket holder at Stamford or Anfield doesn't mean your a gloryhunter. Seriously, wtf?

That just means those people are lucky as sh*t to have that luxury. Most of us would kill for that luxury, but it's just not possible- that doesn't make anyone less of a fan. Most people here are watching their team and supporting them every week, and even more- all of the people here are dedicated and passionate enough about both football and their team to sign up on a forum and discuss football (and their team).

Hell, in my eyes, most of the people on GL are better fans than the majority of people. Call them gloryhunters if you want in your odd version, but that's your opinion, and don't try and force it on the people here.

Most of us have already agreed on a definition that doesn't seem to match the views of 'Arry 'ere and self-proclaimed-gloryhunter-Star.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:45 am

I think you're not passionate enough! Your telling me you can't find a job to buy a ticket to a football game? That says something about you nothing else.
What is this? Wow! I don't know how it is in Poland(I'm assuming you live there) but not every other country is like yours mate.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
I think you're not passionate enough! Your telling me you can't find a job to buy a ticket to a football game? That says something about you nothing else.
What is this? Wow! I don't know how it is in Poland(I'm assuming you live there) but not every other country is like yours mate.

Doesn't even live in Poland mate.

I was born in Poland and lived in krakow went to school their. Worked their for a while before they moved me to Chicago. I have to travel to Polan 4 times a year and at least 4 times to other countries.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:27 am

The first couple of pages have been quite funny. Different people live different lives in different countries and have different situations in their everyday lives. Even if a person lives just outside the stadium, you still need a ticket to get into the stadium. I don't know what the prices of matches are in other countries but I don't think football matches in other countries are anywhere as expensive as in England.

Based on this, you're not in a position to judge someone for not going to a match despite living close to the stadium.

I planned to go to as much games as I could this season but I've only been able to go to 3. Its a very different situation when you have a parent that can buy the tickets for you to when you have a job, pay your bills and have to pay for the ticket on your own. I'm 22 years old ffs. You expect me to pay upwards ÂŁ65 every weekend to go to football matches. I don't end f**kn ÂŁ5000 every week Laughing

I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with ANY fan from ANY country. How many countries have leagues worth watching? Some countries don't even have football leagues at all. As long as you respect and love the club and are able to make sacrifices for the club in one way or the other in relation to your life, for the club then I regard you as a passionate fan. Whether its paying ÂŁ100 every weekend or going to a pub every weekend or waking up in the middle of the night every weekend due to time zones, etc etc. You are a fan. However, I dislike fans that always b*tch about everything even when its not worth the toss. Also, if you're nowhere to be found when your club is going through a tough period or a dry spell and you have the audacity to return when things are looking good, I consider you a plastic fan. This is why I respect Arsenal fans.

One more thing, I've noticed that 75% of the time, fans that make these accusations about other fans being "glory hunters" are often fans of bottom-table/mid-table/average teams who are in fact jealous of the success of the bigger club.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:28 am

CBarca wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Doesn't even live in Poland mate.

I was born in Poland and lived in krakow went to school their. Worked their for a while before they moved me to Chicago. I have to travel to Polan 4 times a year and at least 4 times to other countries.
Sooooooo.......by his logic, he's in fact an arm chair fan for Wisla then Laughing

Its late now, would love to talk more on this later in the day.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:06 am

Real Kandahar wrote:[Considering your warning level I don't believe comments like the one that was removed here are advisable. - RO]

rofl Mods and Admins on the watch with this thread.

I don't see the point of this thread. If a person supports a club then they do. End of story. Everyone should be respected to what they support even if it's for the wrong reason...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:04 am

I think that gloryhunting exclusively means someone who chooses a club for it's success and is likely to swap its support to another club, or at least abandon to support its club, if his clubs becomes less successfull.

Funnily, glory hunting has nothing to do with country of origin as proven by Chelsea. Before abramovich, there were less than 1 milion Chelsea supporters in England according to polls. After several league titles, Chelsea supporters raised to around 3 millions.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 am

The concept of globalisation and the effects it brings is lost on so many people ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:17 am

free_cat wrote:I think that gloryhunting exclusively means someone who chooses a club for it's success and is likely to swap its support to another club, or at least abandon to support its club, if his clubs becomes less successfull.

This is the definition of gloryhunting in my opinion.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
One more thing, I've noticed that 75% of the time, fans that make these accusations about other fans being "glory hunters" are often fans of bottom-table/mid-table/average teams who are in fact jealous of the success of the bigger club.

true in some cases, but that's also a cliché assumption of fans that support successfull teams. the issue mostly lies with what supporters value in football and consequently their favorite team or the other way around. i see many top-team supporters who cannot articulate any reason for being a fan of the respective team other than their success. this is the case with pretty much all those random bayern fans you find around germany from north to south. so how can you take these people seriously? when u discuss the shitty atmosphere in the allianz arena with them, they will only tell you that there is no need to get off your seat and scream if the team plays shit. same with barca fans - in the camp nou u could hear a needle fall 80% of the game except when messi has the ball and a few people scream "leo leo" or somebody gets "fouled" and the whining starts. that's something i cannot relate to, coming from a more flamboyant fanbase, but that doesn't make these people bad fans per se. as long as they stick to their team, regardless of what fascinated them about the team in the beginning, the are not gloryhunters.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 pm

fatman123 wrote:Based on the logic presented in the OP there was no real football fans in all of Australia before the A-League began in 2004, and there are still no real fans in the Northern Territory, ACT and Tasmania as these states still don’t have an A-League side :facepalm:
Another thing about following European football from Australia is that our time zone is terrible for it, most PL games will kick off at either midnight or 2am and unless you have pay TV (which I am lucky enough to) youre going to have to stream every game online in poor quality and most probably with foreign commentary. As for CL games you only get two per match day on free to air, only one of which is live (6am kick off) otherwise again you have to live stream it. As for the cups, neither the COC of FA cup are on shown on free-to-air but apparently pay TV is getting the FA cup this year, otherwise its more poor quality on line streaming with foreign commentary.

Also there are no La Liga or Serie A games shown ever on free to air and the three main sports channels on pay TV don’t show it so those fans are forced to stream the large majority of their games in all competitions.

But of course these people who are waking up between midnight and 5am week in week out (atm its 2-3 times per week too) are all plastics because we weren’t lucky enough to be born in a European country with a local club and a local league (I was 12 when the a-league had its first season). Instead the real fans are those with local teams, who have the best football in the world in their backyard and have the luxury of watching football in a stadium at a reasonable time, or watching it on free-to-air TV with understandable commentary are the real fans. And of course those with a family who introduced their game to them are the real fans because they have long standing ties to the club (there are only two people who follow football in my entire family, my Uncle and my third cousin-actually that Uncle is born in Cyprus but has followed United all his life, guess hes a plastic too Laughing ) whereas us uncultured Australians are just plastic band wagoners right?

white_star wrote:11. uses the talk of tactics and transfers to compensate for the lack of all round knowledge of the club (history and culture of the clubs, attendance of games, lack of knowledge or care factor about the direction of the club off field etc.)
This one I agree with and off the back of it I call for a rule change, from now on all football discussion in all areas of the forum must be about football that occurred within or before the 03/04 season, that way we can clear out the plastics. Anyone who cannot abide by this is unwelcome and this should be banned.
white_star wrote:15. have a club in their own country, don't have the guts to support them
Being too caught up in your own world im sure you wouldn’t know that Australia is home to several successful sporting codes, and based off your definition of a bandwagoner if I don’t support ever local team then im a glory hunter, and id hate that, so heres a list of all the local teams I now support:
A-League
Sydney FC
Western Sydney Wanders

AFL
Sydney Swans
GWS Giants
NRL
Sydney Roosters
Canterbury Bulldogs
St George Illawarra Dragons
Penrith Panthers
Parramatta Eels
West Tigers
Manly Sea Eagles
Cronulla Sharks

Rugby Union
Waratahs
White Star, am I doing it right?

white_star wrote:17. at games (if attended) will be the quiet ones who never chant or make a noise

Those of a quiet or shy personality cannot be football fans in any way shape of form

I consider myself to be a passionate Chelsea fan, and im sure the other posts will back me up on that, but im born in Australia and ive never even been to Europe before-you must be shocked! And you know what makes it even worse, the reason I got into Chelea in the first place was because they had an awesome team on FIFA06-OMG GLORY HUNTER ALERT!!, so yes once upon a time I was bandwagoner. Thing is I began to really pay attention to football and truly follow Chelsea during the Mou/Grant season, and then I continued to follow them though the Scolari mess, and here I am still supporting them today with FSW as the coach, but im still a glory hunter right?

But white star, do you know why I stuck by Chelsea through all that mess? Because when I was young I was taught that once you pick a team your stuck with them forever, and sure I haven’t followed Chelsea for all too long, but ive been following the same Rugby League team since I was six years old, and the same dedication I still show to that stupid team is the same dedication I show to Chelsea right up to this day

Also one more thing, Franchise lives in the Philippines (I think), Red lives in USA and Kizz and Dos both live in Australia, which means our forum is run by glory hunters, isn’t that right white_starr, afterall the dedication and immense knowledge those four posters bring to this forum each and every day means nothing if your not born and live in Europe and go to games ever weeks, right?

Looking much forward to your response white-star

Wow that was a great response. Hats off to you! I was looking for reactions like this a detailed explanation of why Somone chooses a club thousands of miles away. I Thank You For your insight. I realizowano miar changey view on this topic a little bit. You showed passion in your support for Chelsea and I must respect that.

I will not change my stance on supporting different teams at different times or the same time. That is definetely gloryhunting and I will stick by it.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next