eelir
gondov
white_star
Arquitecto
sportsczy
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca Empty Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:37 pm

I sense that things are settling back down between Barca and Madrid in the sense that it's a grudgingly respectful relationship again. For a while there, you had a lot of verbal warfare going on... namely Mou on the Madrid side and the barca players on the other. Completely ridiculous stuff for the most part.

Seems like Mou and the Barca players have been muzzled by the organizations to a large extent.

Cruyff is about the only one who still says some nonsense here and there.

There's always going to be mutual dislike... but it doesn't have to be insulting for the most part (can't avoid everything lol). Good to see.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca Empty Re: Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Or that its because Barca have a 13 point lead on Real Madrid.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca Empty Re: Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Well, last year we had a 10 point lead on Barca at one time and insults were flying left and right and mostly from Barca with the "we're still the better team because we are defending cahmpions" garbage.

I think Barca lacks trophies to talk a big game and Madrid have bigger issues with discontent on the club. Those are the likeliest of scenarios.

Whatever it is, it's good the nonsense is gone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Or maybe Mou is an instigater and its all his fault? scratch
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Jokes aside you've brought up a wonderful point. Because of Mourinho the rivalry overstepped its bounds as its enjoyable to see a more healthy rivalry based on banter rather than hostility as its transcended back to the quality of football as well. Now I can actually get back to watching Classico.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 pm

You right because the BS escalated to far and then we have diving and play acting by both teams which led to more arguments and frustrations. Mou I feel would provoke Barca and push his players to do the same. Players from the national team Spain always respected each other and things were beginning to get tense. The arguments and insults ventured into the forum world as well and the clasicos were mostly about arguments that meant nothing. Now I hope it will go back to the good old days. The forum thing maybe won't go away because of the many fanboys but on the pitch it might be better.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Mou and Madrid are busy fighting each other, that's why.

I dont think the relationship has improved that much.

If you remember just after the classicos, Pepe labeled Barca "theatre people".

Mou is constantly throwing jabs at Barca in the media (when he isnt fighting with his own players). He still openy claims refs favor Barca and that they get a favorable schedule from the federation.

Flo Perez still stands by Mou, nomatter how much BS comes out of his mouth.

On Barca's side , its mainly Pique or Alves who normally insult Mou during their press conferences. Tito and all the other Barca leaders have tried to stay away from that BS as much as they can, just like Pep did.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Really, you guys are gonna put the blame for this on Barca players the same as to Mou? I mean the guy is hated in every league he took place. He is the instigator of the rivalry. Now that he has problems from inside, he has no time to attack Barca. And, what gondov said, Pique and Alves are a bit outspoken, but so is Pepe and Ramos but that never escalated before Mou came. Mou made things worse, and to be frank he made RM look like little p.ussie.s a bit with all his whining about schedules, referees, conspiracy theories etc.

sportsczy wrote:
I think Barca lacks trophies to talk a big game and Madrid have bigger issues with discontent on the club. Those are the likeliest of scenarios.

And this!!!! This made me lough so hard. Dude, Barca have enough trophies to talk big game! Actually, Barca has more trophies in total than RM, though RM has more quality trophies. But this just shows that saying Barca lack trophies to talk big game is greatest stupidity one can say.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:21 pm

i personally think its because there hasnt been a truly controversial match since the champions league semis

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:40 pm

If you read
eelir wrote:

sportsczy wrote:

And this!!!! This made me lough so hard. Dude, Barca have enough trophies to talk big game! Actually, Barca has more trophies in total than RM, though RM has more quality trophies. But this just shows that saying Barca lack trophies to talk big game is greatest stupidity one can say.

By lacking trophies i mean that, as of this year, Barca only have CDR and Madrid have La Liga. Last year, Barca had CL and La Liga while Madrid had CDR. We're not talking history here.... because lol if i did. Barca's trophy case compared to Madrid's is comparatively pathetic (like a lot of clubs). Of course, Barca fans like you (not all thank goodness) point to all the Mickey Mouse ones.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:If you read
eelir wrote:

sportsczy wrote:

By lacking trophies i mean that, as of this year, Barca only have CDR and Madrid have La Liga. Last year, Barca had CL and La Liga while Madrid had CDR. We're not talking history here.... because lol if i did. Barca's trophy case compared to Madrid's is comparatively pathetic (like a lot of clubs). Of course, Barca fans like you (not all thank goodness) point to all the Mickey Mouse ones.

Get off your high horse man.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:I sense that things are settling back down between Barca and Madrid in the sense that it's a grudgingly respectful relationship again. For a while there, you had a lot of verbal warfare going on... namely Mou on the Madrid side and the barca players on the other. Completely ridiculous stuff for the most part.

Seems like Mou and the Barca players have been muzzled by the organizations to a large extent.

There's always going to be mutual dislike... but it doesn't have to be insulting for the most part (can't avoid everything lol). Good to see.

Arquitecto wrote:Or that its because Barca have a 13 point lead on Real Madrid.

Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca EmoticonLaugh flawless
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:52 pm

I thought relations were mostly fine? Like vanDEEZ pointed out, there hasn't been a controversial match since that CL semi-final. I've seen most classicos, and they seemed okay.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:43 pm

eelir wrote:

sportsczy wrote:

Your talking like you are part of that history, lmao you have nothing to do with any of that. This answer is so pathetic and I don't care if I get shit for this but a French gloryhunter talking about Madrids history as if he was a Spanish Madrid socio, the world should end with people like you around :brickwall:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:52 pm

white_star wrote:
eelir wrote:

Your talking like you are part of that history, lmao you have nothing to do with any of that. This answer is so pathetic and I don't care if I get shit for this but a French gloryhunter talking about Madrids history as if he was a Spanish Madrid socio, the world should end with people like you around :brickwall:

keep the derailing to youre own pointless thread you american fake wilsa fan glory hunter.

hala madrid.

on topic- like i said before i think its more due to the absence of controversy. some people are making it seem that the heated rivalry caused the controversy, but i think its the reverse.

at least recently.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 pm

^ haha I am not American, your so delusional an I was on topic read the Damm thread. Frenchy decided to go off topic talking about madrids trophy case as if it was in his living room.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm

But you're a gloryhunter according to your logic hmm

OT. I think it's more Mou having problems with the team..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:46 pm

LeDNA wrote:But you're a gloryhunter according to your logic hmm

OT. I think it's more Mou having problems with the team..

Ya and you can't use your brain so its not my fault. Fine I am a gloryhunter because I had to move so I could make money because I have ambition in life. Now I am able to see more Madrid games at the bernabau then you will ever see so ya I am a gloryhunter but I have the balls to admit.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:

First of all, last season Barca had just CDR, but in last 4 years Barca has been bitch slapping RM so hard that Mou could not stand it and started creating controversy and rised the animosity between teams. It is no coincidence that the spirits have been calmed down since Mou got what he wanted. It is just Mou's modus operandi, he needs to motivate teams by making them feel hated by the world (us against the world tactics).

And you calling Barcas success in trophies pathetic just shows how highly you think of RM glorious history, when most of success comes 50 years ago and how lowly you think of the rest of the teams in the world (probably bar Milan). We all agree dude, RM is the most successful team together with Milan, but that does not give you the right to call third and fourth tier teams pathetic.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:46 pm

eelir wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

First of all, last season Barca had just CDR, but in last 4 years
4 years
years

Before that? Laughing really?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:I sense that things are settling back down between Barca and Madrid in the sense that it's a grudgingly respectful relationship again. For a while there, you had a lot of verbal warfare going on... namely Mou on the Madrid side and the barca players on the other. Completely ridiculous stuff for the most part.

The war of words may have seemed to be calmed down a bit but I'd put that down to there not being as many clasicos recently imo, but it's still ongoing, for example recently Mou attacking Messi, Pique hitting back etc.

I also don't think that it is down to Barca 'lacking trophies to talk', just look at the past few years. Barca, with unprecedented success in all competitions, multiple times, while Real Madrid have barely been relevant in CL for a decade and haven't seen the final since the ipod was invented, when it's the main objective of the team to reach that final every season. Barca have much more leverage when it comes to backing up talk with trophies without a doubt. It's not like Mou can back up his talk using trophies won 60 years ago.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
eelir wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

First of all, last season Barca had just CDR, but in last 4 years
4 years
years

Before that? Laughing really?

If you gonna quote me, quote me in full, and do not extract just one sentence. What i meant with that is that it has nothing to do with us having no trophies. The new millennia is ours compared to RM, so our "lack" of trophies has nothing to do with that. The sit hit the fan when Mou came to RM. and it calmed down as soon as Mou got something. Now he can't attack, as he has a fight inside his own court. Plus he finally has found a way to match Barca so he stopped the crying a bit.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:10 pm

madrid winning liga race = tons of arguments
barca winning liga race = much less arguments

is it not clear it's because barca can be awfully sore losers? or is that just me?
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 pm

andiii wrote:madrid winning liga race = tons of arguments
barca winning liga race = much less arguments

is it not clear it's because barca can be awfully sore losers? or is that just me?

The fierce arguments started with Mou's arrival when Barca was wining their third trophy in a row. They continued next season while Barca were champions, but RM were leading the league. They stopped roughly after it was more or less known that RM will win it, as Mou had no one to blame for.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:05 am

eelir wrote:

sportsczy wrote:

The trophy case is comparatively pathetic? Treble in 09, CL in 2011 and Real has had what in the last 10 years? I know you guys have more CLs but over half of them were won over 50 years ago. I'm just saying if you make a thread about the tensions between the two clubs thawing out, calling one's trophy case pathetic compared to the other is not the brightest thing to do, especially given the recent history.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next