eelir
gondov
white_star
Arquitecto
sportsczy
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca - Page 2 Empty Re: Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca

Post by barca 2011 Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:If you read
eelir wrote:

sportsczy wrote:
I think Barca lacks trophies to talk a big game and Madrid have bigger issues with discontent on the club. Those are the likeliest of scenarios.

And this!!!! This made me lough so hard. Dude, Barca have enough trophies to talk big game! Actually, Barca has more trophies in total than RM, though RM has more quality trophies. But this just shows that saying Barca lack trophies to talk big game is greatest stupidity one can say.

By lacking trophies i mean that, as of this year, Barca only have CDR and Madrid have La Liga. Last year, Barca had CL and La Liga while Madrid had CDR. We're not talking history here.... because lol if i did. Barca's trophy case compared to Madrid's is comparatively pathetic (like a lot of clubs). Of course, Barca fans like you (not all thank goodness) point to all the Mickey Mouse ones.
The trophy case is comparatively pathetic? Treble in 09, CL in 2011 and Real has had what in the last 10 years? I know you guys have more CLs but over half of them were won over 50 years ago. I'm just saying if you make a thread about the tensions between the two clubs thawing out, calling one's trophy case pathetic compared to the other is not the brightest thing to do, especially given the recent history.

barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca - Page 2 Empty Re: Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Well... truth hurts? I mean a trophy is a trophy...
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:58 pm

I agree with Giggity

Thawing of relations between Madrid and Barca - Page 2 Emirates_cup
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Before Mou came , Madrid under Pelegrini and Ramos used to take defeat with honour, 2-6, 0-2, e.t.c.

After Mou tested the 5-0, he then started this **** so as to hide his tactical impotence and shift the blame if/when he was defeated.

If u look at all the games Madrid were defeated, they all ended up ugly and people sent off, Ramos, etc.

I admit people like alves and busquets dived as they knew Madrid players were trying to play dirty. However these weren't Pep's tactics. He simply wanted to showcase his brand of football to the world. Look at his games vs Man United or Arsenal.

However when Barca tested defeat, (CDR final, 1-2, Supacopa 2nd leg), the games ended relatively calm, and Barca congradulated Madrid!!

Compare that to the 5-0, CL 2-0, Supacopa with scenes like Ramos' attempt to end Messi's career, CR7's pushing of Pep, Mou eye poke on Tito, Pepe's stomp of Messi, and the list goes on.

I ask you , who are the sore losers in this case?
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:06 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Well... truth hurts? I mean a trophy is a trophy...
You weren't even alive for 95% of those trophies stop bragging as if you've done anything lol.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:45 am

Like someone earlier said, Barcelona are the biggest sore losers in the world. Football loses when the lose. You can bet they'll be shit talking about any team that eliminates them from the Champions League, they did that against Mourinho's Inter and Di Matteo's Chelsea, I can see them doing it again this season. Football will lose in 2013...
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:55 am

sportsczy wrote:If you read
eelir wrote:

sportsczy wrote:
I think Barca lacks trophies to talk a big game and Madrid have bigger issues with discontent on the club. Those are the likeliest of scenarios.

And this!!!! This made me lough so hard. Dude, Barca have enough trophies to talk big game! Actually, Barca has more trophies in total than RM, though RM has more quality trophies. But this just shows that saying Barca lack trophies to talk big game is greatest stupidity one can say.

By lacking trophies i mean that, as of this year, Barca only have CDR and Madrid have La Liga. Last year, Barca had CL and La Liga while Madrid had CDR. We're not talking history here.... because lol if i did. Barca's trophy case compared to Madrid's is comparatively pathetic (like a lot of clubs). Of course, Barca fans like you (not all thank goodness) point to all the Mickey Mouse ones.

We didn't just win CDR but also FCWC, UEFA Cup and also SuperCopa against Madrid in which we were definitely the better team overall in the two legs. 4 minor trophies.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:01 am

buddytaller wrote:Like someone earlier said, Barcelona are the biggest sore losers in the world. Football loses when the lose. You can bet they'll be shit talking about any team that eliminates them from the Champions League, they did that against Mourinho's Inter and Di Matteo's Chelsea, I can see them doing it again this season. Football will lose in 2013...

Whilst Madrid will try to kill as many players on the field and live to tell the tale... No worries... Football isn't lost for Madrid... Never according to Mou. :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:02 am

buddytaller wrote:Like someone earlier said, Barcelona are the biggest sore losers in the world. Football loses when the lose. You can bet they'll be shit talking about any team that eliminates them from the Champions League, they did that against Mourinho's Inter and Di Matteo's Chelsea, I can see them doing it again this season. Football will lose in 2013...
Mourinho is the definition of sore loser, he complains over everything if he doesn't get his way I know your a fan boy but jesus come on take those shades off.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:02 am

andiii wrote:madrid winning liga race = tons of arguments
barca winning liga race = much less arguments

is it not clear it's because barca can be awfully sore losers? or is that just me?

i think there is some truth to this. and im not talking about fans on this forum because for the most part (leaving out a few members) the barca fanbase on this forum is pretty humble and respectful.

but the players (and associates), i mean if i hear xavi, cryuff etc say something along the lines of 'football lost' when a team playing a different style beats them im going to lose it. its so obnoxious tbh, to suggest that there is 1 way of playing football.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:05 am

Lol at Barca fans having a convenient 4 year memory. Thankfully, most everyone looks at decade performances. I won't even go before 1999 because Madrid makes Barca look like a pub team when you compare accomplishments.

2000-2009
Madrid had 4 La Liga trophies (2001, 2003, 2007 and 2008) and 2 CLs (2000 and 2002)
Barca had 3 La Liga trophies (2005, 2006 and 2009) and 2 CLs (200§ and 2009)

So Madrid actually won more trophies in the 2000s lol.

2010-present
Madrid has 1 La Liga trophy (2012)
Barca has 2 La Liga trophies (2010 and 2011) and 1 CL (2011)

So Barca is ahead in this decade.... but we have 7 years left in it.

So please Barca fans, you have nothing and i mean NOT A THING on Madrid even in your golden age. Thanks for playing though lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 am

sportsczy wrote:Lol at Barca fans having a convenient 4 year memory. Thankfully, most everyone looks at decade performances. I won't even go before 1999 because Madrid makes Barca look like a pub team when you compare accomplishments.

2000-2009
Madrid had 4 La Liga trophies (2001, 2003, 2007 and 2008) and 2 CLs (2000 and 2002)

2010-present

So please Barca fans, you have nothing and i mean NOT A THING on Madrid even in your golden age. Thanks for playing though lol.

Weak. You can bend the stats however you like. I could say I'd think that looking at the last 10 years would be a better refrence point:

2003-2012
Madrid had 4 La Liga trophies (2003, 2007, 2008 and 2012) and 0 CLs
Barça had 5 La Liga trophies (2005, 2006, 2009, 2010 and 2011) and 3 CLs (2006, 2009 and 2011)

The thing is though, respect is in order for what Barça has achieved.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzyblanco Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 am

sportsczy wrote:Lol at Barca fans having a convenient 4 year memory. Thankfully, most everyone looks at decade performances. I won't even go before 1999 because Madrid makes Barca look like a pub team when you compare accomplishments.

2000-2009

2010-present

Really sportzy :bow:
Barca fans :brickwall:
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzyblanco Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:43 am

fact is barca have been massive the past decade or so...respect for what they've done but please dont go around thinking that Real have been shit..in fact as sportczy showed its only in the past two years where barca have really dominated. This whole rivalry was taken to whole new level when mourinho arrived. He and flo's unprecedented spending spree were the reasons why the rivalry reached a boiling point. The whole world were mesmerized by barca's style of play when perez came along and spent a quarter of a million dollars in a single transfer window. Prior to that Madrid had a good team but didnt have a household name so naturally the signing of three absolute superstars increased the scrutiny on real and everyone wanted to see how we fared against barca's philosophy. This intense scrutiny and mourinho's constant barbs against barca really led to thinhs boiling over on more than a few occasions. Now that mourinho is on the verge of leaving (sacked) the tensions are coming down. Of course there is always going to be tension . This is madrid and barca we're talking about but not as much as it was in the past couple of years
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:48 am

I like how a thread about thawing relations escalated into meaningless finger pointing Rolling Eyes
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:14 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
andiii wrote:madrid winning liga race = tons of arguments
barca winning liga race = much less arguments

is it not clear it's because barca can be awfully sore losers? or is that just me?

i think there is some truth to this. and im not talking about fans on this forum because for the most part (leaving out a few members) the barca fanbase on this forum is pretty humble and respectful.

but the players (and associates), i mean if i hear xavi, cryuff etc say something along the lines of 'football lost' when a team playing a different style beats them im going to lose it. its so obnoxious tbh, to suggest that there is 1 way of playing football.

Really? I mean the most arguments and the shit was happening while we had the titles. All the shit stopped as soon as RM won the league. And Xavi and Creuff saying those things are nothing and are comparable to Ikers "Barca success is a passing fad" after which we won another CL and 2 ligas. These kind of banting is nothing compared to the accusations Mou made and to Ramos hitting Puy or the eyepoke Mou did (not mentioning the other things). Why did all this things stop? As soon as Mou got a real trophy. So saying Barca is sore losers is actually the most stupid thing in such context. I will not even say RM are sore losers, but I say Mou is, and he managed to take some of RM people down his path.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:17 am

2000-2009

2010-present

Bending stats like a boss aren't you?

Lets take last 10 years, or lets take last 20 together! Who wins?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:28 am

Bending stats? Do you guys not look at team and players of the 80s, 90s, 00s, century (1900 to 1999), etc? i mean everyone does lol. You don't take random years and tape them together and then compare.

If anything Barca is trying to bend stats... unsuccessfully i might add.

Anyhow, what are you afraid of. If you're truly an elite team that will survive the test of time, you should be just fine and prove yourselves in the 2010s.

Madrid, like Man U, Milan and Bayern, looks at decade performances. Heck, even the history section of realmadrid.com has things organized be decade.

But no.... lets start counting in 2003 (conveniently right after Madrid won CL) and compare everything after that.

Very nouveau rich view of things. But you're entitled to act any way you want.

P.S. i'm just having some fun at the expense of some Barca fans here lol. My only point that started this mess is that Pep took Barca from being a very good team to a truly elite one... but that's just my opinion.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:Bending stats? Do you guys not look at team and players of the 80s, 90s, 00s, century (1900 to 1999), etc? i mean everyone does lol. You don't take random years and tape them together and then compare.

If anything Barca is trying to bend stats... unsuccessfully i might add.

Anyhow, what are you afraid of. If you're truly an elite team that will survive the test of time, you should be just fine and prove yourselves in the 2010s.

Madrid, like Man U, Milan and Bayern, looks at decade performances. Heck, even the history section of realmadrid.com has things organized be decade.

But no.... lets start counting in 2003 (conveniently right after Madrid won CL) and compare everything after that.

Very nouveau rich view of things. But you're entitled to act any way you want.

P.S. i'm just having some fun at the expense of some Barca fans here lol. My only point that started this mess is that Pep took Barca from being a very good team to a truly elite one... but that's just my opinion.

You were the ones to say that barca players lack trophies to talk big game. I just made the point that for a recent history that is not true and everyone knows that, and it was RM lack of trophies that made things worst between the teams. Actually not whole RM, but when a certain person came to RM.

Bud i hand it to you, you managed to derail the thread. I also admit your RM is the greatest team historically speaking, but right now RM is not the best even in Madrid and let alone Spain or the World. Wait until the certain person loses CL and the attacks will commence once again.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:49 pm

If you truly think Atleti is better than us, than i don't know what to say lol. They may be ahead... but we destroyed them head-to-head and they won't keep this pace and we'll better ours. Give me a beark; they haven't beaten us in over 13 years lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 pm

I agree with the way Sports has classified it. You have to look at decades while assessing achievements and this decade is still up for grabs.

But come on guys, a thread about thawing of relations turning into a co** fight is pretty shameful.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:18 pm

kiranr wrote:I agree with the way Sports has classified it. You have to look at decades while assessing achievements and this decade is still up for grabs.

But come on guys, a thread about thawing of relations turning into a co** fight is pretty shameful.

Dude, the topic is about the relationship between RM and Barca. I am not trying to undermine RM or pump up Barca's success. The reason why i mention the recent success is because some RM fans want to say Barca are sore losers and since we lack trophies we made all the fuzz, which is not true. If you want to discuss success in context of the tension, you have to look the last 4-5 years which might have lead to the tension.

But people here (i see now including Barca fans) only read partial posts and have tendency to derail threads. Thats fine.

And sports, weather you like it or not, at the moment RM is second best to Atleti in Madrid. How they rank directly is a different thing, this is a league we are talking about, not some Micky Mouse game. Of course chances are RM will end up 2 or 1st, but for now you are only second best in Madrid.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:20 pm

whatever floats your boat dude
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:If you truly think Atleti is better than us, than i don't know what to say lol. They may be ahead... but we destroyed them head-to-head and they won't keep this pace and we'll better ours. Give me a beark; they haven't beaten us in over 13 years lol.

Pathetico under Semione are a diff beast though,. If they keep Falcao, madrid have a tough task ahead.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:32 pm

By the way eelir, i think both Mou and several members of Barca are sore losers. I don't think Pep felt comfortable confronting Mou publicly... so he had Alves, Pique and Xavi do it.

One thing that was creating a lot of problems and rightfully so was all the diving and red cards. Some were legit and others complete bs. That hasn't happened in the last several clasicos.

I'll also admit that Mou started out playing Barca with ptb tactics. The last several games, we've played them thankfully. I hate ptb... i think it's demeaning for a club like Madrid. I'd rather take a 5-0 in the teeth tbh.

All in all, pitch tactics show that it's back to football and it's translated off the pitch as well.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:By the way eelir, i think both Mou and several members of Barca are sore losers. I don't think Pep felt comfortable confronting Mou publicly... so he had Alves, Pique and Xavi do it.

One thing that was creating a lot of problems and rightfully so was all the diving and red cards. Some were legit and others complete bs. That hasn't happened in the last several clasicos.

All in all, pitch tactics show that it's back to football and it's translated off the pitch as well.

it was the other way round, Mou tried to play dirty and barca players had no option but to dive.

Look at all the games between United, Arsenal, Celtic, R.karzan, etc.

The truth is Mou knew he was inferior to barca and created these things just so his team could have time to gel and be able to compete with barca in a game of football.

Its more to do with jealousy above all things.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next