Mr Nick09
B-Mac
sportsczy
Lex
samcooke1991
39 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How good is Michu?? - Page 3 Empty Re: How good is Michu??

Post by barca 2011 Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:06 am

Alls I know is if I was rvp I would've started swinging on that dude as well, I think any of us would have, regardless of whether or not it would've killed him. On topic though, Michu is showing impressive consistency. He deserves a call up at least

barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:03 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Getting hit in the back of the head from that distance can be dangerous, but the chances of serious damage being done is slim. Players regularly get hit in the face by a ball that's been hit harder, yet seemingly always get up and continue playing. The worst they get is concussion; granted, it's a serious injury but it usually clears up within a few days.

Van Persie got up right away and was completely fine; fine enough to retaliate and get in Williams' face. Williams got a yellow for kicking the ball away. There's no need for retrospective punishment here (which can't be given anyway since the ref already punished the player). Imagine the sort of precedent you'd set if you actually banned Williams for this. It would mean that for every instance that a player accidentally kicks the ball into another player's face or head, they should be banned. You may as well make it so the ball can't go higher than knee height with a precedent like that.

Back on topic, I've been very impressed by Michu so far. He's reminding me a lot of Dempsey last season. It'll be interesting to see if Michu can carry on this sort of form for the rest of the season.

no it wouldn't mean anytime a player get's a ball kicked at his head or face someone should be banned, it was not during play, it was after the whistle how is this hard to understand? the play had been halted for the foul on Van Persie and Williams decided to unnecessarily kick the ball which struck Van Persie.

and a concussion is quite a serious injury, and can have effects for months after the incident, Post concussion syndrome can last for the rest of a persons life and has ended careers of athletes before.

so all of you mock SAF all you like but the fact is he's right and luckily Van Persie didn't suffer a concussion or any other injury
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:45 am

don't worry, the FA will probably ban Williams for 3 years
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:51 am

This years Dempsey. Nothing more.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:13 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I am sorry, I just cant stop laughing at this. rofl
SAF is mainly mad because the ref did not help his team win. FA will take action against the young ref for not helping united win.

How good is Michu?? - Page 3 Tumblr_mfhxg4Zc5T1rdg4zpo1_400

Michu will be the buy of the season if he keeps it up.

You seem to have already forgotten the soft penalty arsenal got yesterday against wigan. Helping you get an undeserved win. Pot.kettle....

Hilarious pics btw rg. Lol. What saf said was a bit ott..

But what I find amusing is how many arsenal fans on twitter and on fb yesterday were revelling in it. Its pathetic.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:23 am

Michu is a lot better than Dempsey ffs.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:27 am

As for the whopper...

David Beckham today sported a gash above his eye but remained tight-lipped about how his boss Sir Alex Ferguson kicked a football boot in his face.
The England superstar made no comment about the post-match bust-up which left him with a cut eyebrow.
But he made no attempt to hide his injury as he drove to Manchester United's training ground this morning.
With his hair held back by a hairband Beckham looked grim-faced as he left his home at Nether Alderley, Cheshire with the gash clearly visible to photographers outside.
Beckham, who earns millions as the face of brands including Police sunglasses, Vodafone and Pepsi, chose not to wear any of his collection of hats or bandanas.
And as speculation grew about the player's strained working relationship with his fiery boss the club today refused to comment.
A spokesman said only: "Whatever happens in the dressing room remains private."
Beckham's father Ted said: "I've got nothing to say. I don't even know what's going on myself."
Beckham, 27, limped off with a leg injury and was substituted by Ferguson as Man Utd crashed out of the FA Cup 0-2 at home to Arsenal on Saturday.
After the game furious Ferguson kicked out in temper at a discarded football boot in the Old Trafford dressing room and it hit the midfielder in the face.
The England captain, who needed two butterfly stitches to the wound, reacted with fury, reportedly storming away from the ground with his wife Victoria and their son Brooklyn.
He received medical treatment at the ground after the dressing room incident and left immediately afterwards, according to The Sun.
It is not thought that 61-year-old Sir Alex intentionally set out to hurt anyone.
But Ferguson is infamous for throwing crockery in the dressing room if players do not meet his exacting standards.
Television viewers saw the United boss red-faced and seething in a post-match interview in which he accused the Arsenal players of diving.
It is not known if Beckham's leg injury will rule him out of United's crucial Champions League clash with Juventus on Wednesday.
A Manchester United spokeswoman said Beckham would be examined by medical staff.
"The full squad was in for training today as usual," she said.
Gordon Taylor, chief executive of the Professional Footballers Association, said: "Things happen in dressing rooms that sometimes need to be kept in dressing rooms.
"If I had a pound for every bust-up in the dressing room I've heard of I would have a lot of pounds."
But ex-Manchester United boss Tommy Docherty said Ferguson should be disciplined - and called him a bully.
He said: "I think it is an act of total frustration. Fergie being Fergie he went berserk. He is a law unto himself. He is a bully.
"Some of the stuff he gets away with there is no doubt about it, there is a set of rules for him and one for all others.
"There is no way he did it deliberately but I don't think he should get away with it."
Lawyers also said Beckham could sue Ferguson for personal injury.
Ian Walker, of Russell Jones and Walker, said: "I'm assuming from the reports that there was nothing deliberate about it, so we are not talking about assault but a negligent act which has resulted in some harm," he said.
"But if all that has resulted is a tiny cut on his eyebrow which would clear up in a few weeks then the compensation would be so small that no lawyer in their right mind would advise doing anything about it."
Sir Alex is renowned in football circles for his "tea cup throwing" post-match dressing room antics.
Many former players have recounted his infamous "hairdrying treatment" in which he leans his face inches away from the player's and launches into a tirade, often lasting minutes.

During his time as manager of Aberdeen, before he got the United job, the intensity of Sir Alex's temper earned him the nickname 'Furious Fergie.'
In one match, with his team losing 2-0 at half time, Ferguson almost hit future Southampton manager Gordon Strachan when he swept a tray of teacups into the air and kicked a tea urn so hard it rose up from the ground.
Another former Aberdeen player, Millwall manager Mark McGhee, recalled another dressing-room eruption when Sir Alex kicked a laundry basket and some underpants flew through the air and landed on another player's head.
'He (the player) didn't move. Just sat there rigid.
'Fergie didn't even notice until he stopped raging. Then he looked up at the boy and said: 'And you can take those ****ing pants off your head.
'What the hell do you think you are playing at?'
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah... i meant nobody in the EPL knew him so they don't know how to play him. Always tough to judge until some adapting happens.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:32 pm

ynwa wrote:As for the whopper...

David Beckham today sported a gash above his eye but remained tight-lipped about how his boss Sir Alex Ferguson kicked a football boot in his face.
The England superstar made no comment about the post-match bust-up which left him with a cut eyebrow.
But he made no attempt to hide his injury as he drove to Manchester United's training ground this morning.
With his hair held back by a hairband Beckham looked grim-faced as he left his home at Nether Alderley, Cheshire with the gash clearly visible to photographers outside.
Beckham, who earns millions as the face of brands including Police sunglasses, Vodafone and Pepsi, chose not to wear any of his collection of hats or bandanas.
And as speculation grew about the player's strained working relationship with his fiery boss the club today refused to comment.
A spokesman said only: "Whatever happens in the dressing room remains private."
Beckham's father Ted said: "I've got nothing to say. I don't even know what's going on myself."
Beckham, 27, limped off with a leg injury and was substituted by Ferguson as Man Utd crashed out of the FA Cup 0-2 at home to Arsenal on Saturday.
After the game furious Ferguson kicked out in temper at a discarded football boot in the Old Trafford dressing room and it hit the midfielder in the face.
The England captain, who needed two butterfly stitches to the wound, reacted with fury, reportedly storming away from the ground with his wife Victoria and their son Brooklyn.
He received medical treatment at the ground after the dressing room incident and left immediately afterwards, according to The Sun.
It is not thought that 61-year-old Sir Alex intentionally set out to hurt anyone.
But Ferguson is infamous for throwing crockery in the dressing room if players do not meet his exacting standards.
Television viewers saw the United boss red-faced and seething in a post-match interview in which he accused the Arsenal players of diving.
It is not known if Beckham's leg injury will rule him out of United's crucial Champions League clash with Juventus on Wednesday.
A Manchester United spokeswoman said Beckham would be examined by medical staff.
"The full squad was in for training today as usual," she said.
Gordon Taylor, chief executive of the Professional Footballers Association, said: "Things happen in dressing rooms that sometimes need to be kept in dressing rooms.
"If I had a pound for every bust-up in the dressing room I've heard of I would have a lot of pounds."
But ex-Manchester United boss Tommy Docherty said Ferguson should be disciplined - and called him a bully.
He said: "I think it is an act of total frustration. Fergie being Fergie he went berserk. He is a law unto himself. He is a bully.
"Some of the stuff he gets away with there is no doubt about it, there is a set of rules for him and one for all others.
"There is no way he did it deliberately but I don't think he should get away with it."
Lawyers also said Beckham could sue Ferguson for personal injury.
Ian Walker, of Russell Jones and Walker, said: "I'm assuming from the reports that there was nothing deliberate about it, so we are not talking about assault but a negligent act which has resulted in some harm," he said.
"But if all that has resulted is a tiny cut on his eyebrow which would clear up in a few weeks then the compensation would be so small that no lawyer in their right mind would advise doing anything about it."
Sir Alex is renowned in football circles for his "tea cup throwing" post-match dressing room antics.
Many former players have recounted his infamous "hairdrying treatment" in which he leans his face inches away from the player's and launches into a tirade, often lasting minutes.

During his time as manager of Aberdeen, before he got the United job, the intensity of Sir Alex's temper earned him the nickname 'Furious Fergie.'
In one match, with his team losing 2-0 at half time, Ferguson almost hit future Southampton manager Gordon Strachan when he swept a tray of teacups into the air and kicked a tea urn so hard it rose up from the ground.
Another former Aberdeen player, Millwall manager Mark McGhee, recalled another dressing-room eruption when Sir Alex kicked a laundry basket and some underpants flew through the air and landed on another player's head.
'He (the player) didn't move. Just sat there rigid.
'Fergie didn't even notice until he stopped raging. Then he looked up at the boy and said: 'And you can take those ****ing pants off your head.
'What the hell do you think you are playing at?'
Whopper? Knocked you off your perch the legend. Whoppers cant do that.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Kick Footballs out of the sport.
#Pray4RVP.

The FA will now charge any player smashing the ball into the wall on a free kick, with attempted manslaughter.

Laughing

Fergie has made his club a laughing stock. Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:37 pm

You know, Fergie doesn't care one bit about this. It is what he wanted. Media are talking more about him than the performance against Swansea.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:41 pm

RealGunner wrote:You know, Fergie doesn't care one bit about this. It is what he wanted. Media are talking more about him than the performance against Swansea.

Media against Fergie?
God, This happens only in 2012. Laughing

He's back from the dead, He's back from the dead, not from a gunshot but a ball to the head. #RVP
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:43 pm

ynwa wrote:Michu is a lot better than Dempsey ffs.

How so?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Better name, Better hair, Better celebration, When you shout MICHUUUUUUUUUU it sounds miles better than DEMPSEYYY
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:55 pm

RED wrote:
Whopper? Knocked you off your perch the legend. Whoppers cant do that.

Sure they can, just ask the Big Mac.

(that joke works on so many levels Smile )
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Nishank wrote:Kick Footballs out of the sport.
#Pray4RVP.

The FA will now charge any player smashing the ball into the wall on a free kick, with attempted manslaughter.

Laughing

Fergie has made his club a laughing stock. Laughing

How so? Explain yourself.

What Williams did was dangerous. What if he had miskicked the ball and smashed RVP in the head, he could have potentially brain damaged him. It was deliberate and malicious.

Not that I expect you Liverpool fans to understand. We hate each others teams, so finding common ground on anything is impossible.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:17 pm

Can Williams be charged for child abuse as well? I'm sure the little boy inside RVP was screaming for help
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:05 am

Ferguson v Beckham (just a bruise)
Cantona v fan (slight overreaction)
Keane v Haaland (innocent mistake)

Williams v RVP (attempted murder)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:01 am

Gil wrote:
ynwa wrote:Michu is a lot better than Dempsey ffs.

How so?

Better passer, better positioning, doesn't rely in playing in a counter-attacking side, much more composed infront of goal, is more vertasile and has a better footballing brain.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Cadena Ser Radio reports Del Bosque will call Michu for Spain NT in the next squad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 pm

VDB already said he will call him up like a month ago
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 pm

His performances demand attention tbf. Makes Torres look like a n00b
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:05 pm

He'll win Swansea the COC that's a guarantee. I don't see Chelsea coming back from the loss at Liberty Stadium.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 pm

So he's ambidextrous as well. This guy is really impressing me.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:46 am

has gone under the radar, but Michu hasn't scored a PL goal since Dec 23.

hmm

the new Cisse ? hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:05 pm

yup
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next