Ganso
Swanhends
the xcx
OLpower
sportsczy
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The official Lucas Moura thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official Lucas Moura thread

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 pm

You know it quite saddens me that PSG is financing(?) L'equipe to essentially promote and hype their players when its the complete opposite of what should be done. It brought unnecessary pressure on Menez, to Thiago Silva (who adjusted eventually in short time), and of course the best example Javier Pastore. Not everyone is Zlatan who embraces pressure and thrives upon it. Verrati? He was lucky to come from a second division league whilst being protected well by Carletto hence his sheer confidence in games.

I have followed Lucas intermittently as he is a world class talent. While I agree with Sports that his excellent mentality, work ethic and character will help him avoid the Pastore route, it can take a certain toll to his young, nascent and possibly fragile mentality. This is especially the case when you are coming to France, in a heavily tactical and defensively organized league which is quite different to Brasilerao.

There is Carletto who is the master of shielding youngsters and helping them develop but then there is also Ibrahimovic. Despite the common conception Ibra is the best thing to happen to the youngster who he is tough on. Pato exception aside (due to Pato's somewhat inflated ego) Ibra is also responsible in making SES into what he is as despite SES's complaints he admitted that himself on twitter. Ibra has done the same with John Guidetti for Sweden, and will be on his way to do the same for Lucas. His incessant shouting at players is simply for motivation as see him in training, events or even on the football pitch. He is a general, commanding leader and many of the player embrace that fact about him. Given that he also has mellowed down and taken leadership roles in the past 3-4 years, having Ibra in PSG will be the best thing for Lucas.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The official Lucas Moura thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The official Lucas Moura thread

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:34 pm

It's pretty standard practice in France Arqi... stories that aren't necessarily that big need to be sponsored to get placement and coverage. Happens a lot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:00 pm

He will be rotating with Pastore, getting the feel of the league, game tempo, tactics etc. high expectations for a high price tag for such a young player and hopefully he can cope with the madness.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:55 am

The official Lucas Moura thread - Page 2 Lucas2_zpsd39893d0

At the airport in Sao Paolo leaving for Doha
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 pm

The official Lucas Moura thread - Page 2 60441
The official Lucas Moura thread - Page 2 50448
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am

40 million for a rotating player? Even if he does develop easily and quickly surely he will still rotate with Pastore (assuming he is placed in that position)
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 am

He will meet his new teammates tomorrow.I hope ibra doesnt torture him
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:23 am

Some of those chicks at the airport.
Hmmm
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Surprised he's not being compared to the coming of Ronaldinho at PSG because that's more accurate in terms of when Dinho came to PSG...
McLewis wrote:With a price-tag like his, he was always going to be under an immense amount of pressure. Can't think of one footballer that went for that type of money who didn't feel like Atlas.
the more apt comparison for now is Denílson to Real Betis ... I know it sounds a bit harsh on Lucas, and I'll be glad if he proves me wrong, but I've only seen one player from Brazil who seems capable of justifying a €40+ million price tag, and that's Neymar ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Welcome to the forums ! Thumbs up Stick around here..This is a great place.

Are you a PSG fan by the way ?

Last edited by Surag on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:52 pm

no such thing as justifying price tags nowadays
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Lucas Moura confident he can live up to expectations at Paris Saint-Germain

Lucas Moura is confident that he can live up to expectations at Paris Saint-Germain following his €35 million move from Sao Paulo.

The 20-year-old agreed to join les Parisiens in August, but requested to stay with his old club until the end of their ultimately successful Copa Sudamericana campaign.

And having scored the opening goal in a 2-0, two-legged victory over Tigre in the final, Lucas Moura waved goodbye to his old team-mates and joined up with PSG at their winter training camp in Doha, Qatar.

"Choosing PSG is a challenge, a challenge for me," he told reporters. "[Director of football] Leonardo helped me a lot with my decision, and so that I could stay with my old team in Brazil until the end of the season.

"I'm glad to know that Carlo Ancelotti counts on me. I'll try to do my best and give the best for the team. I always tried to be focused on Sao Paulo in the last few months. Now, I can think of PSG, who are a great club. I'm here to offer my assistance to my new team."

The French capital club have enjoyed a number of Brazilian players over the years, including Ronaldinho and Leonardo himself, and the current squad can boast five with Lucas Moura's arrival.

And he is looking forward to adding to a burgeoning legacy now that he has finally joined up with his new team-mates.

"PSG have a long history with Brazilian players and I hope that I can write a new chapter in this story and please the fans," he continued. "Everyone expects a lot from me, but I am very confident.

Lucas Moura will take his first training session with the club on Tuesday afternoon, but is not expected to feature in their friendly against Lekhwiya on Wednesday.

Was he officially presented to the press by the way ? I mean is there or video or something ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Lucas seems like a good kid tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Surag wrote:Welcome to the forums ! Thumbs up Stick around here..This is a great place.

cheers! Thumbs up

I'm Italo-Zambian ... hopefully this doesn't offend any of the real PSG fans, but I'm following PSG coz it's become Calcio Central ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Xifio wrote:
Surag wrote:Welcome to the forums ! Thumbs up Stick around here..This is a great place.

cheers! Thumbs up

I'm Italo-Zambian ... hopefully this doesn't offend any of the real PSG fans, but I'm following PSG coz it's become Calcio Central ...

I see.Any club you support by the way ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 pm

not any more ... my interest in watching club football is now just as a purely intellectual pursuit ... though I should say I am partial to all things Zambia, Italia, and Cruyff Very Happy ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Good to have you here mate.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Made a thread, missed this.

Will post what I posted here.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks Dani... Lucas was good in his first game. But we all commented in the game thread instead of here lol.

He ran so hard that he got cramps and had to be helped off around the 80th minute.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:18 am

He's not gonna flop.. He's a great playmaker already. Just needs time to adapt to his new team. He's gonna be special. Good thing he went to France. *bleep* England
Future
Future
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Future wrote:He's not gonna flop.. He's a great playmaker already. Just needs time to adapt to his new team. He's gonna be special. Good thing he went to France. *bleep* England
Im really surprised by how good his playmaking has been with PSG.That was exactly his main flaw and why a lot of people criticized him here in Brazil
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Ganso wrote:
Future wrote:He's not gonna flop.. He's a great playmaker already. Just needs time to adapt to his new team. He's gonna be special. Good thing he went to France. *bleep* England
Im really surprised by how good his playmaking has been with PSG.That was exactly his main flaw and why a lot of people criticized him here in Brazil

My assumption from that comes from because when every time I saw him, he played wide and didn't play off a creative #10 like Zlatan but a targetman/forward.

I think his move to stay within centre and not worry about creating width has given him that added conviction in his play. Playing off/behind Ibra has given him the necessary understanding and link-up to unleash his creative side along with the excellent tactical balance made by Carlo so far.

Shrewd move to place him centre off Ibra.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:23 am

great game he had
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:40 am

http://gfycat.com/AggravatingInsistentFlickertailsquirrel

Damn son.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:48 am

From another angle

https://vine.co/v/OiZaXjhzhml

wow
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Before the season, Blanc said that he would need Lucas to be more efficient in his play. So far this season, Lucas has scored 6 goals in 13 matches in Ligue 1 alone. Last season, Lucas scored 5 goals in 53 matches in all competitions.

cheers

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next