Art Morte
Onyx
McAgger
RED
Swanhends
38 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Suarez handball goal vs Mansfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez handball goal vs Mansfield

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:08 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Whether he reacted too quickly or not, it was intentional. End of discussion.

You seem confused here. "End of discussion" is meant to imply one of two things:

First, it can be used in a most literal sense as a command when you are in a position of power or responsibility and a discussion is to be ended because it has either strayed beyond the acceptable bounds or is quickly headed that way.

Second, the phrase can be meant to imply that such a sound argument has been produced that there is no further use for debate as the topic has been successfully resolved.

As things stand, however, you have not produced any basic argument. You've merely stated a personal opinion without any evidence at all to support it. I am certain that if you ask kindly there are multiple different members of this forum that could give you a quick lesson in proper format and content for future endeavors, though.

And you most certainly do not hold the authority to call for threads or discussions to be ended. If that is what you meant to do I would kindly request that you familiarize yourself with the "Report" function so that in the future you can take the proper action.

Wow! Did you just take my comment and spin it into outer space? I understand you're a Liverpool fan so you feel the need to storm out of the blocks but I don't even see why you're taking my post in another view entirely. Seriously? I'm not even going to bother with this anymore.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Suarez handball goal vs Mansfield - Page 4 Empty Re: Suarez handball goal vs Mansfield

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Suarez :bow:

hope he scores a handball against United and SAF nearly has a heart-attack screaming at the REF Laughing
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Ive never seen a lazier handball goal in my life.. lol Normally its done when its like impossible to score otherwise, he was already around the keeper why would he even do that?.. It was bouncing up he could have easily tapped it in with his chest or head, or given it a second to come back down and kick it in, there was no one in front of him.

it really just kind of seemed like he was just thinking "whatever idgaf about this game" *punches ball.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm

The Suarez hate in this thread is strong. In my honest opinion the handball was unintentional and you can even see Suarez attempt to move his arm backwards away from the ball. Perception is a funny thing and I'd like to believe some of you just want to believe Suarez acted wrongly. It also seems that some of your are unaware of reflexes; while that didn't come into play during this particular handball, it is possible to have a involuntary reaction, i.e., when Suarez saved that goal in the World Cup (I also had it happen to a friend in high school). Any-who, I'll let you guys get back to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:19 pm

THC 10 wrote:The Suarez hate in this thread is strong. In my honest opinion the handball was unintentional and you can even see Suarez attempt to move his arm backwards away from the ball. Perception is a funny thing and I'd like to believe some of you just want to believe Suarez acted wrongly. It also seems that some of your are unaware of reflexes; while that didn't come into play during this particular handball, it is possible to have a involuntary reaction, i.e., when Suarez saved that goal in the World Cup (I also had it happen to a friend in high school). Any-who, I'll let you guys get back to it.

Well I mean, sure, but... if you hand ball it like that, obviously you are going to pull your hand away as quickly as possible to try and make it seem like it didn't hit it with your hand.. And yeah its possible to have involuntary reactions, but I doubt any of these were seeing as how he has a history of doing it and both were crucial plays that decided victory.

Maybe if it was some meaningless play somewhere in the game that it was just an accident, would be more believable, but I think its pretty clear that he knew what he was doing. Because it seems highly unlikely that he saves these involuntary reactions for crucial times that decide whether his team wins or looses when the 99% of the other time he is in close proximity with the ball doesn't touch it.

But honestly, it doesn't matter, if no one blows the whistle its not his fault all the more power to him.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Whether he reacted too quickly or not, it was intentional. End of discussion.

You seem confused here. "End of discussion" is meant to imply one of two things:

First, it can be used in a most literal sense as a command when you are in a position of power or responsibility and a discussion is to be ended because it has either strayed beyond the acceptable bounds or is quickly headed that way.

Second, the phrase can be meant to imply that such a sound argument has been produced that there is no further use for debate as the topic has been successfully resolved.

As things stand, however, you have not produced any basic argument. You've merely stated a personal opinion without any evidence at all to support it. I am certain that if you ask kindly there are multiple different members of this forum that could give you a quick lesson in proper format and content for future endeavors, though.

And you most certainly do not hold the authority to call for threads or discussions to be ended. If that is what you meant to do I would kindly request that you familiarize yourself with the "Report" function so that in the future you can take the proper action.

Wow! Did you just take my comment and spin it into outer space? I understand you're a Liverpool fan so you feel the need to storm out of the blocks but I don't even see why you're taking my post in another view entirely. Seriously? I'm not even going to bother with this anymore.

Its the way he works... :coffee: Sometimes I wonder whether he is human or not Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:04 am

THC 10 wrote:The Suarez hate in this thread is strong. In my honest opinion the handball was unintentional and you can even see Suarez attempt to move his arm backwards away from the ball. Perception is a funny thing and I'd like to believe some of you just want to believe Suarez acted wrongly. It also seems that some of your are unaware of reflexes; while that didn't come into play during this particular handball, it is possible to have a involuntary reaction, i.e., when Suarez saved that goal in the World Cup (I also had it happen to a friend in high school). Any-who, I'll let you guys get back to it.

Just think if there would have been a thread about this if Jonjo Shelvey would have been in place of him.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:00 am

Nishank wrote:

Just think if there would have been a thread about this if Jonjo Shelvey would have been in place of him.
Well its because hes a talented famous player. If Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, RVP, Torres, or a ton of other players had done something like this to win a game in a cup competition there would have been a thread. Its a complement really
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:41 am

"If he has to tell the referee that he handled, do the defenders have to go and tell the ref every time they foul a striker? It's laughable, it really is.

"Seriously, Suarez did nothing wrong, and I'm amazed at the reaction. I honestly don't even believe he handled deliberately. The ball is smashed right at his hand from very close range, and he'd need some reactions to have calculated that one.

"You can see by the way his arm bounces above his shoulder after the ball hits him that he isn't braced for it. That tells you something. I think the way he then knocked the ball in the net he assumed it would be ruled out, but if there's any criticism, it should be at the referee, not the player."

Fowler added: "I think the Mansfield manager and his players summed it up when they said Suarez was just doing his job, and they'd have done exactly the same thing. So would I. It was handball, but instinctive and not deliberate cheating, and you can't criticise him for that."

God has spoken.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:46 am

Why is Suarez getting so much shit for this? I mean honestly I understand some people do not like him but it's a little ridiculous
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:35 am

RED wrote:I genuinely hate him. Hate him with a passion.

Better being hated than ignored. Long live Luis. :bow:

Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Donuts wrote:Why is Suarez getting so much shit for this? I mean honestly I understand some people do not like him but it's a little ridiculous

i think its just a compilation of his antics.. when it builds it just shows a bigger picture of a scummier player.

i think hes a fantastic player but there's no doubt that hes a bit scummy.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:01 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Donuts wrote:Why is Suarez getting so much shit for this? I mean honestly I understand some people do not like him but it's a little ridiculous

i think its just a compilation of his antics.. when it builds it just shows a bigger picture of a scummier player.

I don't think it's his own fault either. I mean he was hated in England the second it was official that he would move to Pool. They didn't even give him a chance to show who he really as they jumped on his WC handball incident and his biting incident in Eredivisie. What was Suarez supposed to do, smile and take in all shite talk?? He basically just showed all of FA and England his middle finger and told them "come at me bra". And since then it's just been a non stop clash between Suarez and everyone else.

One thing I don't get is why the rest of the world hates him. I mean it's understandable that the whole African continent might hate him because of his handball incident which kept an African nation from making the WC semis for the first time in history. What possible reasons do the rest world have for hating Luis?? It baffles me ffs!! Some say he has a very annoying punchable face! Laughing what?? wtf does that even mean? I bet most peoples hatred towards Luis isn't even justified.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Why is this even a thread. No other player would stop the play and not score. It is a product of the win or frak all mentality that is so deeply rooted in the game. That is why action of sportsmanship are so rare and get much coverage when they should be the norm.

Don't blame Suarez at all. The only striker I would think who might not take that goal is Klose, because he did something similar once. And even klose accepted a 2 meter offside goal against Fiorentina. So no guarantees.

It wasn't even intentional or highly important like the Henry handball, it is only because he is Suarez that it is getting so much coverage.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:

I don't think it's his own fault either. I mean he was hated in England the second it was official that he would move to Pool. They didn't even give him a chance to show who he really as they jumped on his WC handball incident and his biting incident in Eredivisie. What was Suarez supposed to do, smile and take in all shite talk?? He basically just showed all of FA and England his middle finger and told them "come at me bra". And since then it's just been a non stop clash between Suarez and everyone else.

One thing I don't get is why the rest of the world hates him. I mean it's understandable that the whole African continent might hate him because of his handball incident which kept an African nation from making the WC semis for the first time in history. What possible reasons do the rest world have for hating Luis?? It baffles me ffs!! Some say he has a very annoying punchable face! Laughing what?? wtf does that even mean? I bet most peoples hatred towards Luis isn't even justified.

the antics stretch beyond the epl. at ajax it was the same thing- the diving, antics, controversy.. he bit a player (i mean come on), his legendary block at the world cup 2010 etc.

it just really stacks up, and i think thats why he is disliked. suarez moving to a bigger league sheds more light on it but his antics are just characteristic of him so im not surprised when he is the center of attention in a bad way.

same with how ronaldo, di maria, alves etc gain attention in bad ways.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 pm

ynwa wrote:
"If he has to tell the referee that he handled, do the defenders have to go and tell the ref every time they foul a striker? It's laughable, it really is.

"Seriously, Suarez did nothing wrong, and I'm amazed at the reaction. I honestly don't even believe he handled deliberately. The ball is smashed right at his hand from very close range, and he'd need some reactions to have calculated that one.

"You can see by the way his arm bounces above his shoulder after the ball hits him that he isn't braced for it. That tells you something. I think the way he then knocked the ball in the net he assumed it would be ruled out, but if there's any criticism, it should be at the referee, not the player."

Fowler added: "I think the Mansfield manager and his players summed it up when they said Suarez was just doing his job, and they'd have done exactly the same thing. So would I. It was handball, but instinctive and not deliberate cheating, and you can't criticise him for that."

God has spoken.

Dat response :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 am

About his handball in Africa, let me ask you guys something and you don't have to answer just think about it.
If your a professional player for your national team and you were the only possible chance for your team to even have a chance to pass on in the world cup would you not do what he did..? To any who say "no way fair play blah blah blah" I already do not believe you but please do share so I could maybe understand.
Those who also say he shouldn't of celebrated but sorry I too would celebrate if my team is going to the Semi's in the world cup..
I feel like some of you consider yourself angels and can't do wrong, make fun of his diving as we all make fun of players who do it as a whole but to single him out is very odd to me.

Last edited by Donuts on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:26 am

^yep, I guarantee everyone here would have done the same thing. if i were playing for Hungary or the USA i definitely know for a fact now that i would've done what he did in that same circumstance.. bounce

Suarez gets so much hate. no players are perfect..i mean come on, he got punished did he not? red card, Ghana got a deserved penalty.. I feel for Ghana I really do, but the rules are the rules.. we should be appreciating Suárez for his talent as a top player. Cool I know I do

how can you not like Suarez? Utd fans despise him - that should be more than enough of a reason to Heart the guy Very Happy http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2259672/Luis-Suarezs-behaviour-unfortunate-says-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html <- SAF: "Last year it was unfortunate with the Suarez behaviour." rofl I agree, Mr. Ferguson, you're right, it was unfortunate of the FA to ban a player for 8 games without evidence and on the word of a man with some real human decency eco smile : mr. Patrice Evra eco smile , and since you want to bring up this topic for no reason, it's also unfortunate that you ignore his home culture where what he said has no negative connotation attached, and is just a greeting. how racist!! confused

:bow: Luis :bow: Alberto :bow: Suárez :bow: Díaz :bow: - Husband, Father, and already a football legend! #justiceforSuarez

Suarez handball goal vs Mansfield - Page 4 Luis-Su-rez-007
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:01 am

Suarez handball goal vs Mansfield - Page 4 Sigpic202498_16

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 am

Danny7 wrote:Suarez handball goal vs Mansfield - Page 4 Sigpic202498_16

rofl
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:04 am

Great to see another fans also see Suarez's quality even though some things he does are totally uncalled for, Anyways let's not touch at previous incidents please, It'll start the useless discussions again :/

Danny, dat pic :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:02 pm

I don't like the man and think he's a c*nt despite his ability and think he was in the wrong against Mansfield....

But really his handball against Ghana? really?

Anyone else in the same scenario would have done the same, it maybe be against the rules but its different to the Mansfield one.

He's still a c*nt tho.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Moal I had no idea you were best buddies with Suarez. Get me his autograph please. Embarassed
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:^yep, I guarantee everyone here would have done the same thing. if i were playing for Hungary or the USA i definitely know for a fact now that i would've done what he did in that same circumstance.. bounce

Suarez gets so much hate. no players are perfect..i mean come on, he got punished did he not? red card, Ghana got a deserved penalty.. I feel for Ghana I really do, but the rules are the rules.. we should be appreciating Suárez for his talent as a top player. Cool I know I do

how can you not like Suarez? Utd fans despise him - that should be more than enough of a reason to Heart the guy Very Happy http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2259672/Luis-Suarezs-behaviour-unfortunate-says-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html <- SAF: "Last year it was unfortunate with the Suarez behaviour." rofl I agree, Mr. Ferguson, you're right, it was unfortunate of the FA to ban a player for 8 games without evidence and on the word of a man with some real human decency eco smile : mr. Patrice Evra eco smile , and since you want to bring up this topic for no reason, it's also unfortunate that you ignore his home culture where what he said has no negative connotation attached, and is just a greeting. how racist!! confused

:bow: Luis :bow: Alberto :bow: Suárez :bow: Díaz :bow: - Husband, Father, and already a football legend! #justiceforSuarez

Jesus this post couldn't be more wrong if u tried kid..
The lawyer for Suarez himself said it wasn't based on one mans word v another, and I'm assuming you're quoting the Negrito crap that wasn't mentioned once in the report. That was a tangent used by pool supporters before a hint of what was reported to have said came out
I don't talk to blacks has no racial undertones? Wait.. There's no excuse for that so he didn't say it!!
But Negrito isn't racist so he said that!! Even tho no-one actually said he did.
Let's make more things up.. Suarez called him sweetcheeks.. In Uruguay that isn't deemed racist at all..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 pm

And just because you'd do it doesn't make it right.
If I'm married with a kid and beyonce and Kate upton offered me a three way.. Would I still be a cheat even tho every red blooded male would jump at the chance?
If a granny lost a million bound note from her purse and you found it ready laundered.. Would you hand it in and depend on your 2k life savings? Is that still wrong?
Just because you'd do it yourself doesnt make it right or any less of a cheat

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:27 pm

cyberman wrote:
Be/\/ceCALI wrote:^yep, I guarantee everyone here would have done the same thing. if i were playing for Hungary or the USA i definitely know for a fact now that i would've done what he did in that same circumstance.. bounce

Jesus this post couldn't be more wrong if u tried kid..
The lawyer for Suarez himself said it wasn't based on one mans word v another, and I'm assuming you're quoting the Negrito crap that wasn't mentioned once in the report. That was a tangent used by pool supporters before a hint of what was reported to have said came out
I don't talk to blacks has no racial undertones? Wait.. There's no excuse for that so he didn't say it!!
But Negrito isn't racist so he said that!! Even tho no-one actually said he did.

Let's make more things up.. Suarez called him sweetcheeks.. In Uruguay that isn't deemed racist at all..

Every single part of that is wrong, based on the report that I actually read. Don't make me dump ALL over you AGAIN with quotes from the actual report. I did it once when it came out, I shouldn't have to do it again. Unbelievable, you have the memory span of a freaking goldfish.

Jog on, dumb***
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next