Inter rejected Eto'o Tevez swap - Roberto Manchini

5 posters

Go down

Inter rejected Eto'o Tevez swap - Roberto Manchini Empty Inter rejected Eto'o Tevez swap - Roberto Manchini

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:31 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/03/carlos-tevez-manchester-city

Roberto Mancini has said Carlos Tevez will not be leaving Manchester City this summer, after the club failed to agree a swap deal with Internazionale for the Italian club's striker Samuel Eto'o. Mancini also said a deal for the Partizan Belgrade defender Stefan Savic has been done and hinted at an interest in Arsenal's Samir Nasri.

"Yes, of course Tevez will stay, he is a fantastic player," the former Inter manager Mancini said. "There was talk of an exchange with Eto'o but Inter did not want to sell. I would say a deal for Savic has been done, but Nasri? No, not yet."

City have been linked with a variety of players in the transfer window and Mancini did nothing to quell speculation, naming a selection from Serie A. "I like Ezequiel Lavezzi, Marek Hamsik and Edinson Cavani. I like Javier Pastore a little less. Then, when I think of Udinese, I can think of Pablo Armero and Mauricio Isla. And I must say Antonio Di Natale. It's a pity that he is now getting on in years."

Nasri himself was reported on Saturday to have bemoaned his lack of trophies since arriving at Arsenal in 2008, saying that money is not his motivating factor. Negotiations have stalled on a new deal at the Emirates and, with the Frenchman's contract running out next summer, Arsenal may choose to cash in on him now rather than wait and lose him on a free transfer. Nasri's situation has sparked reported interest from both Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

"We already earn huge wages," Nasri said. "The priority is to make a big career and to win titles … With no titles under your belt, you can't be in the list for the Ballon D'Or. I came to England to get trophies because I haven't won anything in my career. I am hungry for titles. I play football because I love this sport and want to feel the emotion of winning. Lifting a trophy all together, this is the beauty and sense of team sports."

Did Inter miss a trick by rejecting a swap for Eto'o and Tevez considering the age of these 2 players?

Also interesting Nasri is coming with these comments when there is heavy speculation about his future.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Inter rejected Eto'o Tevez swap - Roberto Manchini Empty Re: Inter rejected Eto'o Tevez swap - Roberto Manchini

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:44 pm

if it's true, and if there is money involved as well, i take it, and i run with it
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Inter rejected Eto'o Tevez swap - Roberto Manchini Empty Re: Inter rejected Eto'o Tevez swap - Roberto Manchini

Post by Swanhends Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:45 pm

I think the age is a non-factor when it comes to Tevez because you never know when he's going to wake up one morning and decide he wants to either retire, move back to argentina, or go to some other team

Great player but too risky to swap Eto'o with...not enough stability

Last edited by bhends on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Eto'o is so much better than Tevez. It wasn't even a hard decision.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:53 am

Inter dodged a bullet right there. Tevez is a great striker but he might end up packing his bags in January.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down