Juventus boss to rotate in Coppa

5 posters

Go down

Juventus boss to rotate in Coppa Empty Juventus boss to rotate in Coppa

Post by MMM Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Juventus Coach Antonio Conte has confirmed that he’ll start some of his squad players in Wednesday’s Coppa Italia tie against Milan.

Although the Old Lady are only 90 minutes away from a place in the semi-finals, Conte will rest some of his key men such as Andrea Pirlo.

“There will be a bit of rotation,” Conte said this morning. “Luca Marrone will play in the Pirlo role. I want to see how he gets on. He represents the present and the future. I want to see his growth.

“The Coppa Italia gives me the opportunity to field those who have played less so far this season. It's a tough test, but one that allows me to assess the development of my players.”

Claudio Marchisio will be missing because of injury, while it is unclear whether Mirko Vucinic will be part of the game because of an ankle issue.

“Marchisio's injury is thankfully just heavy bruising,” the tactician continued. “He should shake it off in the next few days. I'm happy it's nothing serious.

“Vucinic’s condition is stable. He is recovering and we're keeping an eye on the number of minutes he plays. I'm not sure if I'll risk him tomorrow.”

Juve will go into the Juventus Stadium tie just a matter of days after their shock home defeat to Sampdoria.

“We should never end up losing a game when playing 11 against 10. We should have won that game. There were some peculiar incidents in which we were unfortunate.”

Wednesday’s Cup clash will also see Conte revive his rivalry with opposite number Massimiliano Allegri.

“He’s won the Scudetto, he’s done well for Milan. We are opponents on the pitch, but there is respect and admiration between us.

“The Italian Cup is without doubt a real objective for Milan, but it is for us too.”

“We'll be up against a great Milan side tomorrow and we're fully determined to put in a good performance.”

Conte was also asked for the transfer truth regarding a possible January swoop for Shanghai Shenhua ace Didier Drogba.

“Both Beppe Marotta and myself have spoken the truth about Drogba. It is only normal that the director general looks at a lot of players.

“Then, depending on finances and the response of the players, we’ll decide what to do. But there is nothing new to report as Marotta has not told me anything.”
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus boss to rotate in Coppa Empty Re: Juventus boss to rotate in Coppa

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Marrone will have the Pirlo role the long awaited player on long awaited position maybe he was played CB jsut to learn how to defend as deeplying playmaker as they play in front of the defense
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Im worried about this game. Milan is in good form and we're gonna rotate...
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:37 pm

MMM wrote:Im worried about this game. Milan is in good form and we're gonna rotate...
We don't lose anything from this game even if we crash out. We'll see what Marrone will do in that role that he was hyped for. Pirlo will get a rest I hope plus our squad will get a rest.

If we crash out I don't care as UCL and Serie A are priority for us and crashing us would let us excel better but if we progress which I think we will our subs will get a lot of plying time
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
MARRONE IN MIDFIELD!
THANK GOD I'M NOT WORKING!!!!

@ DEVI...I want us to do our best in Coppa to be honest
I want our jersey to be very decorated...
10 Coppas is long over due...

I want:
Storari
Barzagli...Bonucci....Caceres
Isla/Padoin....Pogba....Marrone...Vidal....Peluso/Deceglie
Quags.....Giovinco

I am REALLY impress by Padoin, I swear the man is playing beautiful football...
If you actually remember the Samp game, no attack was completed on the wing where he was...That being said, I want Isla to make amends for his performance & coincidentally it's Milan again

Peluso had an up/down debut & I am not gonna blame him for the loss...
The first goal was a classic counter attack...Pirlo was the one who gave the ball away with a lazy pass which had all the defender caught out of position...
Peluso had a good game when he went on the wings with some dangerous cross...
He is strong & good getting forward, I'd like to see him get a next shot this time start at LWB with Caceres at LCB...
De Ceglie is my boss but my problem with him is his confidence,he is somewhat predictable but to be honest, his crosses are the best we have from the fullbacks...

Last edited by Cotes on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:25 pm

PDC has one of the best if not the best cross in the planet earth but other than that he is average ....

Padoin is great player as Isla he needs to justify his price tag
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm

do u think we should keep isla or let him leave?
idk.. but he is 24 and young and so can develope..
padoin is great! he moves alot nd dats really good!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:29 pm

The few things I'd like to see today:
a) Marrone in midfield ( I can't believe he actually gets a chance again in the midfield, can't wait!)
b) Caceres, anywhere. He just seems to rape Milan every time he plays Very Happy
c) any striker who can actually score a goal.. read: Vucinic

To be honest, I don't mind if we crash out, but it would be nice to see Milan bashed after our Serie A loss.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down