Mourinho will continue to start Adan ahead of Casillas

5 posters

Go down

Mourinho will continue to start Adan ahead of Casillas Empty Mourinho will continue to start Adan ahead of Casillas

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will continue to use Antonio Adan over Iker Casillas once the reserve keeper’s suspension has finished.

Casillas, who was once again dropped from the starting line-up against Real Sociedad will be back between the sticks for Madrid’s midweek Copa del Rey clash with Celta Vigo.

However is expected that he will once again lose out to Adan once his suspension is finished, that being the game against Valencia on Sunday 19th of January.

Spanish daily Marca believe that Mourinho was unfazed by Adan’s early red card against Sociedad and he is adamant that his plan will work despite many of Madrid’s fans showing their unhappiness at Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday.

Mourinho is still concerned by Casillas’ increasing vulnerability in one-on-ones, which was once the Madrid captain’s trademark, according to the report and that Adan deserves his place as number one.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mourinho will continue to start Adan ahead of Casillas Empty Re: Mourinho will continue to start Adan ahead of Casillas

Post by Nedved Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Apart from personal reasons Spanish press/fans would like to highlight for Iker's dropping, I think Mou is making a point here - we definitely need a reliable #2 Goal Keeper. e.g. Barca/Man U have got decent #2 options, but RM doesn't or atleast we never tried.

I think Adan will be given an extended run in La Liga. If he doesn't perform then RM will buy a younger #2, preferably Spanish(e.g. Vincente Guatia) to succeed Iker in future.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Mourinho will continue to start Adan ahead of Casillas Empty Re: Mourinho will continue to start Adan ahead of Casillas

Post by buddytaller Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Iker needs to do his talking in the post, football shouldn't be about sentiments, no matter what the interest of the club must come first.

It's sad but Iker has massively regressed as a player, he used to have razor sharp reflexes and could pull magical saves almost at will, that Casillas seem to be of distant memory. He was widely criticized for his poor form this season long before Mourinho dropped him.

I really wish San Iker gets his form back and Mourinho does too, benching him should not be seen as a punishment but rather a motivational tool to kick him up from his sleep.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 am

Casillas might have regressed, but even with that he's still better than most keepers in the world.. Including Adan

I do think it will motivate him and get him going for the big games at the tail end of the season (if that is Mourinho's plan).. BUT it will back fire if we drop more points by then

Mou is playing with fire here

Last edited by Swagg on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 am

An experiment begging to go wrong and has already gone off to a bad start...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Iker Casillas has outlined his ambition to regain his starting place at Real Madrid under Coach Jose Mourinho.

Spain’s world and double European champion has found himself on the bench for Madrid’s last two League games in light of Mourinho’s technical favour for Antonio Adan.

Casillas began the midweek Cup match against Celta Vigo and is likely to deputise in the suspended Adan’s absence at the weekend and has made clear that he intends to keep hold of the No 1 position

“I have to train harder, grit my teeth and show Mourinho that he is wrong. A little setback like this isn’t bad, these things make you stronger,” he declared to reporters today.

“I love challenges. I want to show myself that in the hardest of times I am worthy of this profession, which I’ve been training for since I was four years old. I have to improve and be even better.

“I need to train harder so I can demonstrate that I am able to get back into the team and regain the confidence I’ve lost.

“I do not think, though, that I’ve had as bad a season as is being made out. I am not a machine and I have ups and downs. Now, a goalie has to be comfortable. yesterday I played and it can be the beginning of something.

“We’ve spoken too much about me, more so than I’d like.

“I am grateful for the support the fans have always shown me. Since I was 17 I’ve been under the spotlight and I’ve always wanted the fans to feel proud of me. I feel flattered when they applaud me and chant my name.”

Mourinho commented last weekend that he does not want players who are in a ‘permanent comfort zone’.

“That doesn't annoy me, it’s come from the man in charge of the team. What I have to do is train more. I am only competing with myself, I need to prepare better and regain the Coach’s confidence.”

The ‘keeper was asked of the possibility of Mourinho leaving at the end of the season.

“I don’t know what he will decide, as far as I know, he has a contract until 2016. I also have a contract with my club and my plan is to complete it.

“My dream was always to start my career here and retire here. Madrid is a marvellous club. I am from Madrid and I’ve played for the best club possible.”

Madrid are languishing 16 points behind Barcelona in the League this season.

“Our performances have not corresponded with who we are. Last year we won the League with much style. Now we seek continuity.

“Maybe it is too late to try and win the League, but we are thinking about it. We know it is almost impossible, but we must fight for the fans who are suffering from the situation that we are in.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Mourinho benching Iker is having the desire effect, he was in superb form last night, his was actually effectively clearing corners with good punches, and pulled two or so magnificent saves when Madrid was 2-0 up and a man down. If he performs like this next week he'll surely win his place back permanently.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:26 pm

@Yohan Modric - This is old news.

Everyone knows that he is dropped part because of disciplinary reasons and part to remind him he is not irreplaceable and to sleeve up for competition. You don't expect a manager to come out and give exact reasons for every player dropped. Somethings are best left to dressing room.
There is nothing more to this story. Just leave it at that.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down