Kaladin
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
91 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Guardiola to Bayern - Page 3 Empty Re: Guardiola to Bayern

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:04 pm

I doubt Dortmund can buy big players like Bayern can. Plus Lewandowski could leave, Gotze could if he gets a good offer etc. Bayern will be an easy challenge for Pep imo. They're the only elite team in Bundesliga. The other 2nd tier teams can challenge for the title, however I think Bayern are just too strong.

I wonder if he'll change the entire team or stick with what he's got.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:if he flops will this affect his "legacy"
No, he would still be a coach that won 14 of 17 possible titles he competed for at his time at Barca. Even if he finishes 10th and got sacked clubs would still line up to sign him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I'm not a fan of Mou on any accounts, but people have been low balling his credentials (even before this season Madrid farce) because he's been taking jobs that almost guarantee success. I guess Pep is from the same mold then Laughing

Nah, but your a Pep hater.

There was no guaranteed success for Mou either, but when you have get to spend limitless funds with Chelsea and Madrid and then go to an Inter team which at the time could win the league with a monkey in charge...what do you think people are going to say?

It has nothing to do with me being a hater of Pep. He's chose the easiest job (just like Mou does) available to keep his legacy going. Dani I remember you being the advocate on that Mou hatred train arguing how Mou's legacy isn't as great because he' been going choosing clubs that almost always guarantee success.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Every PL is a two horse race, always featuring Man Utd and someone else. Chelsea, Arsenal and now its City's turn.

But 3 teams never have a realistic chance of winning.

The only difference is its a different team every now and then.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Pep + La Bestia Negra = 2013 last chance for Real Madrid to win La Decima. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I'm not a fan of Mou on any accounts, but people have been low balling his credentials (even before this season Madrid farce) because he's been taking jobs that almost guarantee success. I guess Pep is from the same mold then Laughing

Who lowballs Mou's success? if anything people don't stop going on about how much of a magician he is for doing what he's done Laughing

Anyway name me a manager who has had success at a big club and then went to a lesser club out of his own choosing?

You're just not being realistic.

Its like me working at Microsoft and then leaving for Apple and people complaining i turned down Adobe or some shit Laughing

Anyway back to Guardiola now ffs Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I doubt Dortmund can buy big players like Bayern can. Plus Lewandowski could leave, Gotze could if he gets a good offer etc. Bayern will be an easy challenge for Pep imo. They're the only elite team in Bundesliga. The other 2nd tier teams can challenge for the title, however I think Bayern are just too strong.

I wonder if he'll change the entire team or stick with what he's got.

actually in the time of three years I see an improved tv deal and more net profit for the rest of the BL clubs
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:lol at making EPL look like a 2 horse race.

EPL is just like la liga. 2 teams clearly above the rest, (united and city to barca and atletico respectively), a has been club in 3rd place (madrid and chelsea) and then a bunch of "the rest" teams which are close on performance level. I don't know what you're on about :coffee:

Except the 2 horse change all the time lol. Sometimes, it's even 3 horse or 4. A 2-horse league is one where 2 same teams are always in the top 2 every year almost.

Bayern actually have a case that Bundi is a 1 horse league since they've won 21 titles and have been runner ups 10 times since 1970. Next closest has 9 titles.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Chelsea bought a 40m player and another 25m player,ergo the league is super competitive Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

There was no guaranteed success for Mou either, but when you have get to spend limitless funds with Chelsea and Madrid and then go to an Inter team which at the time could win the league with a monkey in charge...what do you think people are going to say?

It has nothing to do with me being a hater of Pep. He's chose the easiest job (just like Mou does) available to keep his legacy going. Dani I remember you being the advocate on that Mou hatred train arguing how Mou's legacy isn't as great because he' been going choosing clubs that almost always guarantee success.

No, your incorrect. My criticism of Mou isnt that he choose clubs with guarantee success..my criticism is that he wins with those clubs and people talk like he made miracles happen.

Inter winnng the CL and Porto winning the CL are the 2 things he has done which are to me, incredibly impressive.

The rest, he did a good job in some ways, bad job in some other ways. Mostly good.

I just dont buy the "god of football management" thing others like to throw around.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Btw, if Pep were linked with Man U... then i agree that Bayern is a similar challenge. No question there. But he was not linked with them. We're talking City or Chelsea.

He went with the strongest club he had an offer from.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:10 pm

It seems like EPL is a 3/4/5 horse race when it isn't. The reason why EPL seems more competitive than other leagues is because there's around 4-5 elite teams. However not all of them compete for the title.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Who lowballs Mou's success? if anything people don't stop going on about how much of a magician he is for doing what he's done Laughing

Anyway name me a manager who has had success at a big club and then went to a lesser club out of his own choosing?

You're just not being realistic.

Its like me working at Microsoft and then leaving for Apple and people complaining i turned down Adobe or some shit Laughing

Anyway back to Guardiola now ffs Mad

For starters almost all Mou haters are using that as an example to back up their low balling. (I'm going to use Dani as an example, but there have been much more).

And I understand that Pep couldn't possible go to a team that isn't good, but he's chosen the EASIEST of the lot. Which should say something.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Aye Schalke, Gladbach, Leverkusen etc etc are no talent scrubs.....

PL's competitiveness is overrated, if it was so competitive why are Man Utd 14 points clear of Chelsea?

Also you call BL a 2 team league..... you do realise the champions are 3rd right?

Anyway lets agree to disagree but i think safe to say you hardly watch BL or just underrate it far too much.
In La Liga last years champions are 3rd, it's still a two/one horse race, what's your point?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Yeah it says he is smart. Why go to an immoral club like City or a team like Chelsea who wont let you coach more than a year?

Bayern are far more prestigious and likely to give you a fair shake.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Btw, if Pep were linked with Man U... then i agree that Bayern is a similar challenge. No question there. But he was not linked with them. We're talking City or Chelsea.

Bump for fanboys lol. And it's not a criticism btw. He just went with the strongest opportunity. I would too.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

No, your incorrect. My criticism of Mou isnt that he choose clubs with guarantee success..my criticism is that he wins with those clubs and people talk like he made miracles happen.

Inter winnng the CL and Porto winning the CL are the 2 things he has done which are to me, incredibly impressive.

The rest, he did a good job in some ways, bad job in some other ways. Mostly good.

I just dont buy the "god of football management" thing others like to throw around.

Fair enough. Enough about Mou methinks. But don't you think Pep's haters have found a reason to lowball his success now that he's chosen the safe route to success?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:15 pm

But when you look at a perspective which is not Guardiolas then there are a lot of aspects to take in to account.

1- He's going to manage the best team in the 4th best league in the world. What challenge will it be to play against the likes of Augsburg and Dusseldorf? The quality of the teams in Bundesliga is very, very poor. Apart from Bayern and Dortmund and Schalke/Neverkusen to some extent.

2- Has a set of world class players, and is going to manage the 2nd best ball possession team in the world. What challenge will it be to have players that are already familiar with a possession type of football.

3- He's going to a 2 horse league, just like it was in La Liga. Very little competition outside the top 2.

4- He has chosen the best team available out of the many he has been offered, might say a thing or 2...

Am I butthurt? Yeah, he was linked with Milan, and now went to Bayern, now there is even a bigger chance of us not getting our 4th place back Sad

Last edited by Casciavit on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Bayern being in Bundesliga is kinda like Real Madrid being in La Liga without Barca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hetro Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Why sign the contract now, though? There were rumors about Wenger, perhaps Ancelotti or others leaving in the summer, and Arsenal at least also seems very suited to Pep's style and seem more of a challenge. Why has he announced his decision so early?

That being said, though, Bayern will be formidable. You do have to say though that Pep will have no excuses if they regress because they are already so strong, so in that sense it is a challenge. And you have to think that the Champions League would be the main focus...

hetro
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Fair enough. Enough about Mou methinks. But don't you think Pep's haters have found a reason to lowball his success now that he's chosen the safe route to success?

I dont know, maybe. But without direspecting and insulting anyone, that would be stupid.

Bayern have not won the CL in a decade, if he wins the CL, I dont know how you can possibly discredit that.

If he wins the Bundesliga, its not a miracle, its expected of him, but its certainly not easy. If it was, Bayern would be champions right now.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

Surag wrote:It is a 2 horse race.Its just that people read too much into squad strength which is an overrated factor.

Over the years Bundesliga has proven to be the most competitive league of the top leagues across Europe so whats more to say ? Lets not turn this into a league competitiveness debate anyways.

Balanced leagued =/= competitive league.

Bundesliga is balanced (except Bayern Munich) but it's not very competitive.

I'm disapointed that Pep signed for 3 years. It's a bit cheeky considering we had to beg him every year for another year.

Bayern Munich was the least challenging place he could have gone together with Man Utd to be honest.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm

All in all a smart move imo, as it will ease him out of the Barca system with less risk than basically all the other options he had available to him.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:21 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yeah it says he is smart. Why go to an immoral club like City or a team like Chelsea who wont let you coach more than a year?

Bayern are far more prestigious and likely to give you a fair shake.

I don't want to derail the thread anymore and make it about Mou, but that's double standards at its best. Pep choosing the easiest route, it shows that he's smart. Mou choosing the safest route, it shows that he's a wuss. (And I'm not saying you ever said this Dani, but others have).

Don't even respond to this, I just wanted to point this out.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Btw, if Pep were linked with Man U... then i agree that Bayern is a similar challenge. No question there. But he was not linked with them. We're talking City or Chelsea.

Bump for fanboys lol. And it's not a criticism btw. He just went with the strongest opportunity. I would too.

Am pretty sure you people would've said something negative had he joined City for instance.Especially some of them would've drawn comparisons to Mou for him choosing a team with unlimited funds,i could see it coming.Why dont we look at this from his perspective though ? Perhaps City as a club dint appeal to him ?Who knows.

And Chelsea have the most unstable management in world football so its understandable why he dint go for them.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next