Guardiola to Bayern - Page 2 Featured-alan-pardew-126261755

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Guardiola to Bayern - Page 2 Empty Re: Guardiola to Bayern

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Swanhends wrote:Pep No Sad Who will save us now Crying or Very sad
Guardiola to Bayern - Page 2 Stramaccioni-blasts-his-team-over-their-performance-against-Parma-203870
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 pm

2nd best possession side in the world, it's an ideal match for him. I wish him the best.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's not as big a challenge Mole... not saying it's not a challenge. You're in a 2 horse race in Bundi where you're the top dog right now, the roster is filled with great talent and you have money to spend.

It's not like taking over flawed teams like Chelsea, City or Milan, who would require a lot more work.

Honestly i don't think its any less a challenge than City or Chelsea would be....

Milan yeah but thats not a challenge thats a miracle as Dani says lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:31 pm

EPL is much more competitive... come on now. You have 4-5 teams that are top dogs and the rest of the league is talented. Add to that, every EPL team gets a minimum additional 20 mil a year due to the media deal coming in starting next year... that's more buying power for everyone.

Much, much easier at Bayern. In fact, Bundi is almost exactly like La Liga lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Scary stuff on paper... It's hard to make predictions, but it looks like a great fit in terms of football style, and Bayern is as solid an institution as it gets.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 pm

In terms of financial prowess of the club,squad strength and their performances over this season ,maybe you have a case.

But when you look from Guardiola's perspective ,there are a lot of aspects to take into account.

1.He is arriving at a new country,new language ,everything's new for him.And its not like he's managed numerous clubs across Europe like Mou has,its like only his second coaching assignment.

2.At Barca he knew the players,the youth system in and out so thats another factor to consider in my opinion.I mean you cant expect everything Pep touches when it comes to youth to turn into gold.

3.His transfer record with Barca.I think everyone will unanimously agree that he was poor with transfers(large part of them) at Barca so we have to see how well it goes when he is up working with Sammer as their DS.

4.The constant Barca comparisons from the media ,you could already see it happening imo ,so there's huge amount of pressure and he could be facing heavy media scrutiny even when there's a slight slip in the team's performances.Easier said than done in my opinion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Not really true tbh, PL is a 2 horse race too.... the rest are just pretenders.

If anything this year PL is a 1 horse race Laughing

Also i don't agree its much more competitive, ok Bayern are comfortable at the moment but most years BL is very competitive.

How many leagues have Bayern won recently? the last 2 have been won by Dortmund.

City or Chelsea would be just as easy tbh as they spend 100s of millions every bloody window.

I can accept Milan because they are not awashed with cash and theres a lot of teams above them at the moment but Chelsea and City would not be showing any more of a challenge to me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Incidentally, this makes Bayern the #1 destination for Benzema should he decide to leave Madrid. He loves Pep's and Barca's football philosophy and his agent had clearly indicated that they are watching Pep. He was hoping that Wenger and Arsenal would make a move since he would never go to Barca... that never materialized last summer. But now that Pep is at Bayern, the same club as his good friend Ribery.... this becomes a hot rumor. I'm calling this now so that peeps remember lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 pm

ok well you're being a fanboy Mole.... everybody realizes that EPL is by far the most competitive league in the world. City, United and Chelsea are very talented. Spurs are coming up too. Then you have a bunch of clubs that can beat anyone in a given game and have good talent. Bundi has Bayern and Dortmund that dwarf everyone in terms of talent... He's also not be taking over Man U if he came to EPL lol. He was linked with one of those "pretenders" like you called them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:Incidentally, this makes Bayern the #1 destination for Benzema should he decide to leave Madrid. He loves Pep's and Barca's football philosophy and his agent had clearly indicated that they are watching Pep. He was hoping that Wenger and Arsenal would make a move since he would never go to Barca... that never materialized last summer. But now that Pep is at Bayern, the same club as his good friend Ribery.... this becomes a hot rumor. I'm calling this now so that peeps remember lol.

eskimo brothers
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Surag wrote:In terms of financial prowess of the club,squad strength and their performances over this season ,maybe you have a case.

But when you look from Guardiola's perspective ,there are a lot of aspects to take into account.

1.He is arriving at a new country,new language ,everything's new for him.And its not like he's managed numerous clubs across Europe like Mou has,its like only his second coaching assignment.

2.At Barca he knew the players,the youth system in and out so thats another factor to consider in my opinion.I mean you cant expect everything Pep touches when it comes to youth to turn into gold.

3.His transfer record with Barca.I think everyone will unanimously agree that he was poor with transfers(large part of them) at Barca so we have to see how well it goes when he is up working with Sammer as their DS.

4.The constant Barca comparisons from the media ,you could already see it happening imo ,so there's huge amount of pressure and he could be facing heavy media scrutiny even when there's a slight slip in the team's performances.Easier said than done in my opinion.

Good points. I would say Pep transfers are more average than poor in terms of the amount which have worked and the amount which havent.

But yeah, that aside those 4 points will be a problem for him, aswell as the pressure that is likely building for Bayern to win the CL. I had forgetten untill Mole said it, just how long its been since they won it.

The PL would be a more stressful challenge for him than more difficult in my opinion.

The league itself is woeful quality wise in comparison to some years ago and it a 2 team league itself, other than some delusional pocket of fans who actually think they can win a title.

Yes, other teams have money, but they spend it woefully quite often.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:52 pm

Aye Schalke, Gladbach, Leverkusen etc etc are no talent scrubs.....

PL's competitiveness is overrated, if it was so competitive why are Man Utd 14 points clear of Chelsea?

Also you call BL a 2 team league..... you do realise the champions are 3rd right?

Anyway lets agree to disagree but i think safe to say you hardly watch BL or just underrate it far too much.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:52 pm

lol at making EPL look like a 2 horse race.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 pm

so does this mean Germany will win every international tournament it touches now too?... :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm not a fan of Mou on any accounts, but people have been low balling his credentials (even before this season Madrid farce) because he's been taking jobs that almost guarantee success. I guess Pep is from the same mold then Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 pm

It is a 2 horse race.Its just that people read too much into squad strength which is an overrated factor.

Over the years Bundesliga has proven to be the most competitive league of the top leagues across Europe so whats more to say ? Lets not turn this into a league competitiveness debate anyways.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm

if he flops will this affect his "legacy"
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 pm

As long as he's not in England, I'm happy :bow:

Good luck Pep! I will have to watch more Bayern next season.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I'm not a fan of Mou on any accounts, but people have been low balling his credentials (even before this season Madrid farce) because he's been taking jobs that almost guarantee success. I guess Pep is from the same mold then Laughing

Nah, but your a Pep hater.

There was no guaranteed success for Mou either, but when you have get to spend limitless funds with Chelsea and Madrid and then go to an Inter team which at the time could win the league with a monkey in charge...what do you think people are going to say?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 pm

For me, he chose the easiest job available.

The dominating transfer talk regarding all other Bundesliga clubs is that will they sell their best players and where to. Lewandowski, Schurrle, Reus, Huntelaar, Holtby...

And the way the likes of Sahin, Marin, Kagawa, Cisse etc have been sold previously.

Munich is pretty much the only club that seems to be capable of reinforcing their squad without selling first and they are the stand-out club in Bundesliga this season.

I mean, I think it's a good move by Guardiola, perhaps the best, but the challenge is only about living up to expectations, not so much about making something special happen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:00 pm

I watch a ton of Bundi. You have Bayern this year. Dortmund has been inconsistent. The rest of the league play good footy, but they have nowhere near the talent of those 2. Leverkusen is taking advantage of Dortmund's inconsistency more than anything else.... just like Atleti is doing in La Liga.

It's no coincidence that Bayern have won 7 of the last 12 Bundi trophies... and they finished second 3 times too. If anything, Bundi was a lot more competitive in the 80s, 90s and early 00s. Leverkusen were a true force back then and you had teams like Hamburg, Stuttgart and Breme that were all very strong.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Surag wrote:It is a 2 horse race.Its just that people read too much into squad strength which is an overrated factor.

Over the years Bundesliga has proven to be the most competitive league of the top leagues across Europe so whats more to say ? Lets not turn this into a league competitiveness debate anyways.

there is nothing to add to that. some people just can't accept it, back to guardiola now
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:lol at making EPL look like a 2 horse race.

EPL is just like la liga. 2 teams clearly above the rest, (united and city to barca and atletico respectively), a has been club in 3rd place (madrid and chelsea) and then a bunch of "the rest" teams which are close on performance level. I don't know what you're on about :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:if he flops will this affect his "legacy"

It must. But I dont think he will ever be a coach about legacy who will get compared to others like that, he will have a short career I think.

He will be more like Sacchi or Cruyff who is known for creating an all time great team and having a fantastic football mind.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:04 pm

I doubt Dortmund can buy big players like Bayern can. Plus Lewandowski could leave, Gotze could if he gets a good offer etc. Bayern will be an easy challenge for Pep imo. They're the only elite team in Bundesliga. The other 2nd tier teams can challenge for the title, however I think Bayern are just too strong.

I wonder if he'll change the entire team or stick with what he's got.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next