Ziegler - Genoa

4 posters

Go down

Ziegler - Genoa Empty Ziegler - Genoa

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 pm

The well-known expert on transfers Alfredo Pedulla, through the pages of its official website, made a summary of what is the situation of Reto Ziegler. The Swiss defender of Juventus, who returned from the experience in Russia, has a good chance to return to play in Serie A: "Tomorrow's decision to transfer Reto Ziegler, is the optimism of Genoa. Ziegler spoke Delneri, wants to return in Italy at all costs.'s agreement with Juventus is total, but having the Lokomotiv Moscow spent about two million for the loan it is normal that an agreement should be found. Juve And it will try to unlock, Genoa expect confident tomorrow is the day. "
=====

In otehr interview Preziosi said that he will not send Immobiel back to Juve and that won't happen this year .... his words ..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Ziegler - Genoa Empty Re: Ziegler - Genoa

Post by inderbaby Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:25 am

We should have called back Ziegler instead of signing Peluso...He is a good player!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 am

inderbaby wrote:We should have called back Ziegler instead of signing Peluso...He is a good player!

We all know that was never going to happen. Conte never had plans to use Ziegler from day one.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Juventude wrote:
inderbaby wrote:We should have called back Ziegler instead of signing Peluso...He is a good player!

We all know that was never going to happen. Conte never had plans to use Ziegler from day one.

Its one of the few very contentious moves Conte has made...Ziegler was coming of several seasons of consistent competency, a regular international, potentially solving a problem at LB we had experienced for too long already at that stage, yet...he wasn't even afforded one competitive outing as a Juve player. The truth of that matter has never been established. For it can't be as simple as Conte didnt like what he saw in training. It makes even less sense when he kept the likes of De ceglie, whose technical ability in a LB position, or LWB position, is and has always been inferior to the Swiss. Now and then, I become slightly concerned with the idea of a Conte personality cult...

I'd always liked Ziegler. Never amazing, but always reliable. Even now, the best LWB/LB in our squad is a natural CM (asamoah), after him would easily be Chiellini, and then probably Padoin...All of whom are a safer bet than De ceglie. Who should leave the club and try to get a game somewhere lower down the league, or in serie B, as a LW perhaps...for he has never been and will never be a defender of any guise.
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

http://thedissolutefox.com/wordpress/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 pm

thegutterpoet wrote:
Juventude wrote:

Its one of the few very contentious moves Conte has made...Ziegler was coming of several seasons of consistent competency, a regular international, potentially solving a problem at LB we had experienced for too long already at that stage, yet...he wasn't even afforded one competitive outing as a Juve player. The truth of that matter has never been established. For it can't be as simple as Conte didnt like what he saw in training. It makes even less sense when he kept the likes of De ceglie, whose technical ability in a LB position, or LWB position, is and has always been inferior to the Swiss. Now and then, I become slightly concerned with the idea of a Conte personality cult...

I'd always liked Ziegler. Never amazing, but always reliable. Even now, the best LWB/LB in our squad is a natural CM (asamoah), after him would easily be Chiellini, and then probably Padoin...All of whom are a safer bet than De ceglie. Who should leave the club and try to get a game somewhere lower down the league, or in serie B, as a LW perhaps...for he has never been and will never be a defender of any guise.

I like your points. It's hard to argue with Conte's results, but the it can be very baffling in trying to figure out why he plays certain players and will bench or never use others. Sometimes, I think he over-analyzes what he sees on the training ground. The Ziegler situation is very confusing. I understand he inherited Ziegler, but he should have at least been given a chance if he is willing to play PDC. I think PDC gets a million chances with Juve because he is a youth product and they aren't ready to give up on him yet. Elia was also an interesting case.

But I do worry about Conte's "personality cult" as you call it everytime we complete a transfer. I wonder if Conte will use the player after we spent millions of dollars on the player. At this point, Marotta is clearly signing most of the established players that Conte wants for the most part. While Marotta and Patrici are choosing our prospects with less of Conte's input. At least, that's my guess of what's going on.

I would like to see Conte loosen his policies a bit and play certain strikers more consistently, like Quags, so those players can building confidence and form. But, like I said before, Conte makes it hard to argue with the results.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down