Is a CM needed?

5 posters

Go down

Is a CM needed? Empty Is a CM needed?

Post by Kick Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:17 am

Ok so there hasn't been much in the way of rumours surrounding us since we bought Demba (if only his number was 9, I could call him DB9, my favourite car. Another reason to hate Torres. Evil or Very Mad ) do you guys think a CM such as Fellaini is needed or should we just tough it out until Mikel returns?

For now we have Lampard, Ramires and DL4. Once Mikel returns we will have 4 and next season we will have the options of McEachran, De Bruyne, Romeu and Chalobah. While not all of them will be ready to play for us I certainly think KDB could be.

More food for thought, Frank Lampard could well be leaving us at the end of the season which could mean an experienced CM might have to be bought either now or during the summer. Certainly someone who is 27+ would be a good stop-gap until the younger players are ready to step up.

Thoughts?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Is a CM needed? Empty Re: Is a CM needed?

Post by Shed Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:09 am

This month, no. Lampard, Mikel, Ramires and now Luiz is enough to hold us over til the summer, when we can assess things then and, ideally, have the new manager making that call.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:15 am

It certainly would be a bit easier to buy someone in the summer, however, we are two injuries away from a crysis.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 am

Kick wrote:It certainly would be a bit easier to buy someone in the summer, however, we are two injuries away from a crysis.
Then we would dip into the lower ranks and use them as stopgaps like every other team would have to do. No reason someone like Saville couldn't cover in the event someone was ruled out with injury for a few weeks. Would the quality be the same, no, but when you start buying players just for the possibility of other ones being injured, then where does it stop really.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 am

I suppose a loan recall could be possible if we get more Long term injuries.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:46 am

If we have title ambition for this season then yes, a cm like Benat would be fantastic and would make this side more complete.

But imo there is not much to gain by signing a CM for this season, because i think the league title is out of reach. COC is pretty much lost, i have no faith in winning either the FA or Europa. So imo it is just better to wait until the summer, because imo finishing in the top 3 would be good and our current squad is good enough to accomplish that.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 am

2 0 behind, go out win 3 0. We can still win COC. I have faith. It's whether or not Rafa can motivate the side. RDM certainly could have.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 am

If Lampard leaves we definitely need a CM. If he doesn't leave I think giving McE a chance in the first team would be awesome. Well thinking about it even if Lamps leaves he should get some chances next season.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:14 am

Josh should be given a shot during pre season and if he impresses he should stay for sure.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:26 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:If Lampard leaves we definitely need a CM. If he doesn't leave I think giving McE a chance in the first team would be awesome. Well thinking about it even if Lamps leaves he should get some chances next season.
He's talking about this window! Is a CM needed? 2276801876
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:30 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:If Lampard leaves we definitely need a CM. If he doesn't leave I think giving McE a chance in the first team would be awesome. Well thinking about it even if Lamps leaves he should get some chances next season.
He's talking about this window! Is a CM needed? 2276801876

Oh dear god I hope Super Frank doesn't leave this window! No
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:37 am

DL4 reportedly injured, could be out for a few weeks.

We only have Lamps and Rambo for CM now, enough to convince Rafa and Roman to buy someone? Perhaps.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:46 am

Kick wrote:DL4 reportedly injured, could be out for a few weeks.

We only have Lamps and Rambo for CM now, enough to convince Rafa and Roman to buy someone? Perhaps.
No need to panic buy :coffee:

#SaveUsSaville
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:

#SaveUsSaville

There was no need to buy Ba or Torres but we did anyway. If we were incharge, we wouldn't but with our board, I eould not be surprised to see Fellaini join in a week or so.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:18 am

Kick wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:

#SaveUsSaville

There was no need to buy Ba or Torres but we did anyway. If we were incharge, we wouldn't but with our board, I eould not be surprised to see Fellaini join in a week or so.
You're crazy, mate! Fellaini, who'd cost well near £30m, and who's had his only standout season when he's been played well advanced of the role we allegedly need players in? Pfft

When everyone's fit, we have enough options to see us through the rest of this season. Saville is more than capable of covering in a game against a Third Division side this weekend if either Lamps or Rami needs a rest. I'm certainly not suggesting we draft the entire youth team or something, but what's the point of having your promising, standout youngsters if you're gonna completely bypass them in even the easiest of fixtures and go out and buy new players just because a few of the ones you do have are out injured for a week or so? It's madness.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:21 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Kick wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:

#SaveUsSaville

You're crazy, mate! Fellaini, who'd cost well near £30m, and who's had his only standout season when he's been played well advanced of the role we allegedly need players in? Pfft

When everyone's fit, we have enough options to see us through the rest of this season. Saville is more than capable of covering in a game against a Third Division side this weekend if either Lamps or Rami needs a rest. I'm certainly not suggesting we draft the entire youth team or something, but what's the point of having your promising, standout youngsters if you're gonna completely bypass them in even the easiest of fixtures and go out and buy new players just because a few of the ones you do have are out injured for a week or so? It's madness.

I am not saying I approve or want it to happen but it's possible with our board.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:25 am

Kick wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Kick wrote:

I am not saying I approve or want it to happen but it's possible with our board.
Well, that's certainly what you seem to be arguing, mate!
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:36 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Kick wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:

Well, that's certainly what you seem to be arguing, mate!
Not aruging, simply questioning.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm

No, Kick. We ABSOLUTELY had to bring in Ba. Especially as Studge left.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:14 pm

I disagree, we did not need to, we just wanted a better striker. We could have recalled Lukaku or as Sturridge is proving, played Sturridge to score goals for us.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Kick wrote:I disagree, we did not need to, we just wanted a better striker. We could have recalled Lukaku or as Sturridge is proving, played Sturridge to score goals for us.
Sturridge was on his way out and had been since August, not to mention his injuries that kept him out almost the entire 5 months he was with us. If you honestly think bringing in Ba when there was only one other striker in the entire squad was an unnecessary buy, you're crazy.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down