Donuts
Lex
Milantildeath
DeletedUser#1
39 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Agree or Not

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 5 Vote_lcap56%A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 5 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 19 ]
A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 5 Vote_lcap44%A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 5 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 34

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 5 Empty Re: A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere

Post by Gil Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:27 pm

....so who actually bothered to read that post? rofl

Wilshere is already better than Cazorla. Deal with it.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 5 Empty Re: A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere

Post by B-Mac Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:29 pm

what's the point, all non prem fans will underrate the crap out of any english player because of this less technical myth and un-dying bias towards continental players and south americans.

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:31 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:what's the point, all non prem fans will underrate the crap out of any english player because of this less technical myth and un-dying bias towards continental players and south americans.

It's borderline racism.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Gil wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:what's the point, all non prem fans will underrate the crap out of any english player because of this less technical myth and un-dying bias towards continental players and south americans.

It's borderline racism.

360 turns and step overs>>>> :bow:

technical gods :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Oh just stop being butthurt.Most here have given logical answers as to why he wont start at the aforementioned teams.Its nothing to do with English bias considering so many here rate the likes of Rooney,Cole,Cleverley and many other English players.I myself find to rate quite a few English players actually.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:38 pm

I am going to say 100% he is better than cazorla. Before i had doubts, but i have seen both of them multiple times now live in the flesh whilst on the same pitch together and wilshere just looks better. They both really good with the ball but wilshere just looks, more purposeful, he doesnt fk about dawldling or playing ridiculously silly passes like cazorla is prone to doing sometimes. He was our best player in the carling cup final :facepalm:

but his poor shooting is a fair point. He needs to sort it out, but i know for a fact he is capable of unbelievable goals, i have seen him score absolute stunners when he was younger. Sooner or later i think he will score a wonder goal and certain people will shut up
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:I''m sorry but I have to step in here. Wilshire while a nice enough fellow is one of the most wildly overrated players I have seen in a very very long time.

IMO players should be able to dominate there own league before being called world class which some have done in this thread and basically saying he would start in any team except for 2 in the world is hinting that he's a world class talent and I really don't see it at all or anything close to being world class.

This is a guy and people who have been on here for a while know I've always knocked him for this, that cannot shoot. He simply is one of the worst finishers I have ever seen from the midfield position. And he plays on a team where the ball moves around and he get's chances at goal where as other teams mid's in the EPL because of there style of play don't get many chances.

He has like 1 goal in 49 games. Nor does his play lead to that many goals either. I believe he has 4 total assists in that same time period and people are screaming he's world class????????

And it's not all about the number's but he hasn't accomplished anything either. For the life of me I can't remember any game where he's scored that big goal to get them out of trouble or even broken a team down a point where he is controlling the game in key games.

I mean I really can't point to any big game and say, "man if they didn't have Wilshire out there they would have gotten killed" or Vice Versa, "man if it wasn't for Wilshire we wouldn't have accomplished x".

You guys do recognize he plays for one of the biggest teams in the world, right?

And to say he's better then Cazorla, Bastian, Kroos, Marchisio etc etc is just such nonsense.

There are a ton of teams I don't think he get's into and some of you need to stop just picking out a random midfielder and saying oh yea he's better then that guy, he would walk into that team.

I mean some of you pick a random CL game against Barca to say he's world class how about the Carling Cup final against relegation Birmingham? He was a total no show that game and that game was begging for someone to grab Arsenal by the scruff of the neck and lead them to a trophy against a relegation team for god's sake. And it's something Marchisio did in a season where they lost 0 games, Bastian has done, Cazorla has done for Villareal and Malaga and hell even Arsenal etc etc

Some of you need to think before you type because you are slamming great players by comparing him to a kid who has achieved nothing.

Wow I didn't realize Wilshere goal record was so pathetic.

Thanks for bringing it up man,1 goal in 49 games is embarrassing for a player who people are comparing to the best in the business.

He's scored 2 goals as a professional footballer and he's a midfielder,this is a guy who has achieved nothing in football yet.Think about it.

Thiago is better than him,yet he doesn't get hyped to stupid levels.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:44 pm

hes scored 6 goals playing most of his games as part of a double pivot. Its not that bad for a 21 year old who missed an entire season. Next
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:46 pm

okay I have to step in and say some words

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:I''m sorry but I have to step in here. Wilshire while a nice enough fellow is one of the most wildly overrated players I have seen in a very very long time.

IMO players should be able to dominate there own league before being called world class which some have done in this thread and basically saying he would start in any team except for 2 in the world is hinting that he's a world class talent and I really don't see it at all or anything close to being world class.

This is a guy and people who have been on here for a while know I've always knocked him for this, that cannot shoot. He simply is one of the worst finishers I have ever seen from the midfield position. And he plays on a team where the ball moves around and he get's chances at goal where as other teams mid's in the EPL because of there style of play don't get many chances.

He has like 1 goal in 49 games. Nor does his play lead to that many goals either. I believe he has 4 total assists in that same time period and people are screaming he's world class????????

And it's not all about the number's but he hasn't accomplished anything either. For the life of me I can't remember any game where he's scored that big goal to get them out of trouble or even broken a team down a point where he is controlling the game in key games.

I mean I really can't point to any big game and say, "man if they didn't have Wilshire out there they would have gotten killed" or Vice Versa, "man if it wasn't for Wilshire we wouldn't have accomplished x".

You guys do recognize he plays for one of the biggest teams in the world, right?

And to say he's better then Cazorla, Bastian, Kroos, Marchisio etc etc is just such nonsense.

There are a ton of teams I don't think he get's into and some of you need to stop just picking out a random midfielder and saying oh yea he's better then that guy, he would walk into that team.

I mean some of you pick a random CL game against Barca to say he's world class how about the Carling Cup final against relegation Birmingham? He was a total no show that game and that game was begging for someone to grab Arsenal by the scruff of the neck and lead them to a trophy against a relegation team for god's sake. And it's something Marchisio did in a season where they lost 0 games, Bastian has done, Cazorla has done for Villareal and Malaga and hell even Arsenal etc etc

Some of you need to think before you type because you are slamming great players by comparing him to a kid who has achieved nothing.

Your long posts don't fool anyone. Just because you spout so much shit, it doesn't make you intelligent.

You will ALWAYS and FOREVER will be remembered for your

"Charlie Adam >>>>> Wilshere"

comment.

Goodbye

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Though Alonso's probably better than Wilshere, I'd still take Wilshere over Alonso. Also Modric is better than Wilshere.

He probably wouldn't get into any of those 3 sides, however for me, he'd start at Bayern.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Surag wrote:

Oh just stop being butthurt.Most here have given logical answers as to why he wont start at the aforementioned teams.Its nothing to do with English bias considering so many here rate the likes of Rooney,Cole,Cleverley and many other English players.I myself find to rate quite a few English players actually.

lol please, by some peoples account on this forum you would think Rooney is the worst footballer on the planet and has been out of forum longer then Torres because he isn't scoring 30+ goals, most people on here still think he is a striker ffs. Only person who I have seen consistently rate him for his true ability other then United fans on here is Mole
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Know you're troll but going to respond anyway:

Dnmac4 wrote:IMO players should be able to dominate there own league before being called world class which some have done in this thread and basically saying he would start in any team except for 2 in the world is hinting that he's a world class talent and I really don't see it at all or anything close to being world class.

This just indicates that you've not watched him at all in the 2010/11 season (his first full season) when he outshone the likes of Nasri and Fabregas in midfield, players that now are playing for Manchester City and Barcelona respectively, also in this season since he came back, where he's man of the match almost every game he starts.

Dnmac4 wrote:This is a guy and people who have been on here for a while know I've always knocked him for this, that cannot shoot. He simply is one of the worst finishers I have ever seen from the midfield position. And he plays on a team where the ball moves around and he get's chances at goal where as other teams mid's in the EPL because of there style of play don't get many chances.

Are you fking kidding me? Have you seen his goal vs Swansea... :facepalm:

Dnmac4 wrote:He has like 1 goal in 49 games. Nor does his play lead to that many goals either. I believe he has 4 total assists in that same time period and people are screaming he's world class????????

Yes because goals and assists clearly indicate how good a midfielder is. According to you mr. genius Fabregas is thrice the player Xavi and Iniesta are as he has like thrice more goals and assists in his career.

Dnmac4 wrote:And it's not all about the number's but he hasn't accomplished anything either. For the life of me I can't remember any game where he's scored that big goal to get them out of trouble or even broken a team down a point where he is controlling the game in key games.

Well you need to watch more of him as he's done this in every big game he's played this season, not goalscoring part as that's not his job but the controlling in big games.

Dnmac4 wrote:I mean I really can't point to any big game and say, "man if they didn't have Wilshire out there they would have gotten killed" or Vice Versa, "man if it wasn't for Wilshire we wouldn't have accomplished x".

Swansea, Chelsea, Manchester City this season only.

Dnmac4 wrote:And to say he's better then Cazorla, Bastian, Kroos, Marchisio etc etc is just such nonsense.

As a matter of fact he's having a better season than Cazorla, but agree with the Bastian, Kroos and Marchisio part - I don't even know who said that.

Dnmac4 wrote:I mean some of you pick a random CL game against Barca to say he's world class how about the Carling Cup final against relegation Birmingham? He was a total no show that game and that game was begging for someone to grab Arsenal by the scruff of the neck and lead them to a trophy against a relegation team for god's sake. And it's something Marchisio did in a season where they lost 0 games, Bastian has done, Cazorla has done for Villareal and Malaga and hell even Arsenal etc etc

:facepalm:

I have one question, did you watch the Carling Cup game? Because if you did you would know that Arsenal completely dominated the game and lost to a error goal in the last minute. Wilshere even was involved in the goal Arsenal scored.

Dnmac4 wrote:Some of you need to think before you type because you are slamming great players by comparing him to a kid who has achieved nothing.

No one is slamming the great players only appreciating a great young player.

Get informed kid.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Don't waste ur time urban
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Well he's a great player in FIFA no doubt about that.

albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Reading Arsenal fans' comments on this thread indicates that they feel Wilshere is too good to play for their team and deserves a better club.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Well our team has been a shambles at times. Sometimes it looks like wilshere is the only player actually trying to win the ball back while the rest are smoking cigars
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Who cares he can't shoot? He's a CM ffs Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Well our team has been a shambles at times. Sometimes it looks like wilshere is the only player actually trying to win the ball back while the rest are smoking cigars

Its funny you say that because i saw plenty of times against Chelsea..... Wilshere was standing around watching Lampard spray the ball about with no urgency what so ever to close him down.

The poisonous attitude spreading :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:29 pm

i remember countless times when he was chasing chelsea players for no reason because no one else was helping. No point doing that the whole match if frank always has an easy pass becaus the rest of the arsenal team are sitting back
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Lol at Surag mentioning 3 out of thousands of Englishmen as some sort of proof to excuse blatant xenophobia.

Since when did Roooonaaay and the lot get credit on here anyway? scratch
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Gil wrote:Lol at Surag mentioning 3 out of thousands of Englishmen as some sort of proof to excuse blatant xenophobia.

Since when did Roooonaaay and the lot get credit on here anyway? scratch

You have some serious issues dude.Maybe its more to do with your inferiority complex when it comes to English players.Nothing more.

Atleast why dont you accept the fact that there are not many English players at the standard of other countries such as Germany and Spain for instance ?

Besides English players have proven nothing at NT level for you to stake a claim in this particular argument.

There are a lot of Rooney fans here including the Non-English ones.Maybe you are just blind ,i cant help you for that.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:

Your long posts don't fool anyone. Just because you spout so much shit, it doesn't make you intelligent.

You will ALWAYS and FOREVER will be remembered for your

"Charlie Adam >>>>> Wilshere"

comment.

Goodbye

LOL, I'm glad you brought that up. Charlie Adam was better then him that year while he had a beast of a year from midfield on one of the worst teams in the league.

Charlie Adam had 12 goals and 8 assists in the EPL alone for freaking Blackpool while playing a similar position to Wilshire that year.

My whole point to the comment (and I stand by it until Wilshire produces something to Adam's level that season.) is that Wilshire has very little effect on games in his own league.

Adam single handedly was winning games for Blackpool that season something I have yet to see Wilshire ever do.

I have never seen him score a goal to win Arsenal 3 points. I have never seen him play to the level Adam was at that year.

You people can continue to anoint him a world class player but I need to see something out of the kid other then promising passing good runs and very little end product.

And LOL at the poster who says he's already better then Cazorla and that Wilshire is more purposeful then Cazorla. Wilshire's play is the meaning of purposeless if he was getting into great positions and playing with purpose he would accidentally score more goals and have more assists then he does right now.

You guys can say what you want but you cannot just write off one goal in the EPL for Arsenal in 50 games.

He is a bad finisher and rarely does his play lead to goals. That is a fact backed up by information and tells you all you need to know that he's not world class. Maybe he will be one day but he has not shown it yet and that really can't be argued.

And BTW, Charlie Adam has 2 goals this year. Still more then Wilshire while at Arsenal in the EPL.

And at last, I don't write long posts to have people think I'm smart that's actually one of the dumbest thing's I've read in a while. I'm responding to a 6 page thread with a load of nonsense in it.

Nor am I biased against the EPL, I just look at it in it's correct light. I think Wayne Rooney is fantastic and the most underrated player in the world. I think the same of Yaya Toure. Those are world class players, not Jack Wilshire.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:55 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Who cares he can't shoot? He's a CM ffs Laughing

Uh, People are calling him World Class or close to it????? To be world class in the sport of football I should think you should be able to shoot a football.

It's only like one of the first things you learn and at Arsenal there midfielders generally produce goals. The players people have been comparing him to produce goals. There is no reason a borderline world class player playing midfield at Arsenal should not be able to have at least even a below average goal return.

Most world class players have a nose for goal.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Iniesta not world class then?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:01 pm

The thread isn't asking if he's world class, it's asking if he would make a certain team's midfield. Scoring goals is not a pre-requisite to running a midfield. Scoring is a plus, but certainly doesn't disqualify him considering his position. Besides he's so young he can always add goals to his game.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next