Donuts
Lex
Milantildeath
DeletedUser#1
39 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Agree or Not

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 4 Vote_lcap56%A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 4 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 19 ]
A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 4 Vote_lcap44%A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 4 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 34

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 4 Empty Re: A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think he's overrated tbh, everyone wanks over him because of that performance against Barca but fact is Carrick and Cleverly have performed better this season....

He's nowhere near good enough to get into Juve, Bayern or Dortmund's XI and quite frankly i wouldn't take him either.

Don't get me wrong he's wonderfully talented and could be this good one day but at the moment he's a long long away from discussed in this ball park.

Laughing

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 4 Empty Re: A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's an unrealistic question to ask if a fit and in-form player would start over players that remain fit and consistent entire seasons. Really no point of comparison. I'd take a marginally worse player that will be there all the time to the marginally superior.

Also there's not enough appreciation for a working system in this thread. Is Wilshere better than Marchisio? Maybe. Does he have the potential to be much better? Yes. Does that mean that he should start over him? Definitely not, the relationship between Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio is gold and it's doubtful that anyone could master Marchisio's role as well as he has.

Well said. Marchisio compliments Pirlo more than Wilshere would and Pirlo is the most important player for Juve. Wilshere can be the vice Pirlo though imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Another person who thinks that Cabaye being better than Wilshere is a laughable concept Laughing

You would think we are talking about a WC player who is proven at CL level the way people are acting Laughing

Absolutely gobsmacked Wilshere is being compared to clearly superior players like Kroos, Schweignsteiger, Vidal, Marchisio, Gundogan etc etc.

Also Wilshere is not better than Alonso or Ozil either.

If this is how you all feel then it confirms that he's overrated, he has done absolutely nothing to be rated this highly....

I suppose Banega would walk into Dortmunds team as well seeing as he performed against Barca :facepalm:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Podolski hasnt propped up arsenal, he been good occasionally. Whether or not arsenal is collapsing around wilshere i think he is doing more than anyone to stop it being a disaster. In the premier league without wilshere this season = played 10 won 3, with him = played 13 won 7. From only winning about 30% to just over 50%....
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 pm

I dont understand the player X will/will not play in team Y theory.

Teams are made up of a players who play specific roles, they are all linked together, they dont play on individual merits alone.

Wilshere is better than alot of players, doesnt mean he will start over them.

The problem I see is some people think he will start regardless of how the team is set up. Which is wrong.

But equally wrong are those who think player X is better or as good him because he wouldnt start over him.

You wouldnt take Carrick out the side for him, they do different things.

But he is obviously considerably better than Carrick.

The nonesense statements are hard to read though. Not as good as Pogba Laughing

Injury prone as Pato Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Another person who thinks that Cabaye being better than Wilshere is a laughable concept Laughing

Yea i am sure if Pardew/Ashley gets offered Wilshere for free they will laugh at it and reject him. Right ?

You would think we are talking about a WC player who is proven at CL level the way people are acting Laughing

Of course Wilshere is a CL flop. But wait, you just said we rate him because of his Barcelona performance scratch We probably played Barca in the FA cup

Absolutely gobsmacked Wilshere is being compared to clearly superior players like Kroos, Schweignsteiger, Vidal, Marchisio, Gundogan etc etc.

Look at Gundogan the CL proven WC player. Oh wait... Marchisio probably looking to buy a whole new house to fit in his CL medals... oh

Also Wilshere is not better than Alonso or Ozil either.

Ask Madrid fans who would they rather have between Alonso or Wilshere. And i agree Ozil is better.

If this is how you all feel then it confirms that he's overrated, he has done absolutely nothing to be rated this highly....

I suppose Banega would walk into Dortmunds team as well seeing as he performed against Barca :facepalm:

Yep done nothing at all. He just got promoted from the Academy last night after all

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:28 pm

wilshere is a pretty flexible center midfielder though its not too far fetched imo to say he would start in lots of different midfields.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Podolski hasnt propped up arsenal, he been good occasionally. Whether or not arsenal is collapsing around wilshere i think he is doing more than anyone to stop it being a disaster. In the premier league without wilshere this season = played 10 won 3, with him = played 13 won 7. From only winning about 30% to just over 50%....

Fantastic logic.... we only lost 2 in 12 before Cabaye got injured and lost 10 of the next 12 while he was...

I suppose he's WC now? of course not it just means you're players behind him are shite.

But hey Wilshere is fantastically awesome and could walk into any team....

7th in the league and we have the best midfielder in the world outside of Barca :bow:

Where was Wilshere the magnificent when Oscar, Hazard and Mata were running a train on you the other week btw?

Also did RG just say Wilshere is better than Alonso? Laughing

I'm done :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Jack Wilshere needs to be comfortably better than Joseph Allen before he makes the jump to Xabi Alonso's status.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Wilshere as good as Alonso now. :facepalm:

On that note am out. Laughing
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Wilshere's never heard of Joseph Allen

worms wrote:On that note am out. Laughing
Promise?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:38 pm

i wasnt comparing him to cabaye, i wouldnt bother. Simply showing that arsenal "collapsing" around wilshere isnt his fault at all
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

not any, most.

7th in the league and we have the best midfielder in the world outside of Barca :bow:

no one said that

Where was Wilshere the magnificent when Oscar, Hazard and Mata were running a train on you the other week btw?

Playing No 10/SS

I said ask the madrid fans. And done because you can't reply ? Rolling Eyes
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:i wasnt comparing him to cabaye, i wouldnt bother. Simply showing that arsenal "collapsing" around wilshere isnt his fault at all

Oh i agree with that and for what its worth one day i think Wilshere will be on the level of the players mentioned in this thread but to say he would walk into any midfield right now is f*cking ridiculous.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm

worms wrote:Wilshere as good as Alonso now. :facepalm:

On that note am out. Laughing

Just out of curiosity, Who will you support between Barca and Madrid in the Clasico ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Lex wrote:Wilshere's never heard of Joseph Allen

Yes he has, you liar. Jack Wilshere begged for Joseph Allen's shirt at the end of the last match between Arsenal and Liverpool Football Club.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

not any, most.

no one said that

Playing No 10/SS

I said ask the madrid fans. And done because you can't reply ? Rolling Eyes

Madrid fans think Di Maria is shite..... hardly worth holding their opinion very highly.... Wilshere just isn't better than Alonso.... he's more mobile but so is Modric is he better than Alonso too?

As for the other posts....implying Wilshere would walk into most of these teams implies that you think he's one of the most midfielders in the world outside of Barca..... so yes you did say that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm

I am finding it incredibly difficult to believe worms and PeerIess are Liverpool fans hmm

Last edited by Harry Redknapp on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm

So you think Modric and Banega are better than wilshere ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Nah Wilshere is better than them but i don't rate either that highly....

As i said before Wilshere has the potential to play at the level peeps in this thread think he's already at but he's not good enough to play for Juve, Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund etc etc yet IMO.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Ah well, let's shake on that Very Happy

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 pm

:fishing:

Spoiler:

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Alonso is clearly a step above wilshire on effect to the game. Tactically and ball distribution wise wilshire isnt on Alonso level.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Why are two completely different midfielders being compared? (Alonso and Wilshere)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 pm

I''m sorry but I have to step in here. Wilshire while a nice enough fellow is one of the most wildly overrated players I have seen in a very very long time.

IMO players should be able to dominate there own league before being called world class which some have done in this thread and basically saying he would start in any team except for 2 in the world is hinting that he's a world class talent and I really don't see it at all or anything close to being world class.

This is a guy and people who have been on here for a while know I've always knocked him for this, that cannot shoot. He simply is one of the worst finishers I have ever seen from the midfield position. And he plays on a team where the ball moves around and he get's chances at goal where as other teams mid's in the EPL because of there style of play don't get many chances.

He has like 1 goal in 49 games. Nor does his play lead to that many goals either. I believe he has 4 total assists in that same time period and people are screaming he's world class????????

And it's not all about the number's but he hasn't accomplished anything either. For the life of me I can't remember any game where he's scored that big goal to get them out of trouble or even broken a team down a point where he is controlling the game in key games.

I mean I really can't point to any big game and say, "man if they didn't have Wilshire out there they would have gotten killed" or Vice Versa, "man if it wasn't for Wilshire we wouldn't have accomplished x".

You guys do recognize he plays for one of the biggest teams in the world, right?

And to say he's better then Cazorla, Bastian, Kroos, Marchisio etc etc is just such nonsense.

There are a ton of teams I don't think he get's into and some of you need to stop just picking out a random midfielder and saying oh yea he's better then that guy, he would walk into that team.

I mean some of you pick a random CL game against Barca to say he's world class how about the Carling Cup final against relegation Birmingham? He was a total no show that game and that game was begging for someone to grab Arsenal by the scruff of the neck and lead them to a trophy against a relegation team for god's sake. And it's something Marchisio did in a season where they lost 0 games, Bastian has done, Cazorla has done for Villareal and Malaga and hell even Arsenal etc etc

Some of you need to think before you type because you are slamming great players by comparing him to a kid who has achieved nothing.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:27 pm

....so who actually bothered to read that post? rofl

Wilshere is already better than Cazorla. Deal with it.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next