Donuts
Lex
Milantildeath
DeletedUser#1
39 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Agree or Not

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 3 Vote_lcap56%A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 3 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 19 ]
A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 3 Vote_lcap44%A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 3 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 34

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 3 Empty Re: A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere

Post by Kaladin Fri 25 Jan - 12:38:49

Still not as good as an in form Traore

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 3 Empty Re: A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere

Post by Lex Fri 25 Jan - 12:55:18

Pogba better? Sahin better? rofl
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri 25 Jan - 13:04:33

I remember watching him against Tottenham towards the end of the 2010/2011 season and he was rubbish.In fact he was inconsistent that season,his average performances swept under the carpet by one good performance against Barca.

He hasn't played much apart from that season so what am I meant to judge him on? He's only played 49 games for Arsenal and people are saying he is one of the best midfielders in the world which is laughable.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri 25 Jan - 13:14:09

A bad performance two seasons ago when he was 19/20?

Mods, can we arrange for a cookie to be mailed to "worms" on behalf of the entire forum?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri 25 Jan - 13:19:39

Lex wrote:A bad performance two seasons ago when he was 19/20?

Mods, can we arrange for a cookie to be mailed to "worms" on behalf of the entire forum?

rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri 25 Jan - 13:22:37

And how is that different from one good performance when he was 20? Because that's what people here are rating him by.

Anyway you forgot to quote the rest of my post:

"In fact he was inconsistent that season,his average performances swept under the carpet by one good performance against Barca.

He hasn't played much apart from that season so what am I meant to judge him on?"
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri 25 Jan - 13:25:43

Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri 25 Jan - 13:29:07

worms wrote:I remember watching him against Tottenham towards the end of the 2010/2011 season and he was rubbish.In fact he was inconsistent that season,his average performances swept under the carpet by one good performance against Barca.

He hasn't played much apart from that season so what am I meant to judge him on? He's only played 49 games for Arsenal and people are saying he is one of the best midfielders in the world which is laughable.

1 good performance? good grief. Having watched all 49 of his games that season he had quite a lot of exccellent games and very few poor ones. He didnt even start that tottenham game as he was fatigued from being overplayed, which eventually led to his injury

ps the banega clap trap has to stop. Playing barcelona in a champions keague knockout stage is not the same as la liga. They pulverise teams with their pressing in ko stages of the chhamps lg much more than against valencia.... in la liga....
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri 25 Jan - 13:37:43

So you whine about people rating him based on one performance, then in the same keystroke, do it yourself in an attempt to make him look bad

And you have the temerity to talk about other people abandoning their philosophies? Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri 25 Jan - 13:47:06

"Playing barcelona in a champions keague knockout stage is not the same as la liga."

Yes it is actually.We always play at our highest intensity when playing one of the biggest Spanish teams like Madrid,Valencia,Sevilla etc And stop talking about Valencia with disrespect as if they are some small club,they are just as big a club and good a team as Arsenal.

Banega has been the only player who has matched Xavi since 2008.

And Banega has performed well multiple times against his Barca team,not just once.And he has performed against Real Madrid as well.

He isn't just a one game wonder,he has showed his class over a long period.

Wilshere has to be as good as Banega first before we can compare him to the best.

Wilshere hasn't even played 70 games as a profeshinal footballer and isn't a top 10 midfielder in the world.I think if he played in Spain were the midfields are better,teams press as a unit and were there is less space in between the lines he wouldn't stand out as much and nobody would be hyping him up to stupid levels.

The English bias in this thread is amazing.Thiago is better than him as well and around the same age and I don't see any Barca fans hyping him to stupid levels.All this hype will end up going to Wilsheres head.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri 25 Jan - 13:58:49

so firstly you say he is a one game wonder vs barcelona, then proceed to say he will stand out less in spain? just think about that for a moment
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri 25 Jan - 14:05:13

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:so firstly you say he is a one game wonder vs barcelona, then proceed to say he will stand out less in spain? just think about that for a moment

Thought about it,don't see how it is contradictory in the slightest.

One good game against a tired Barca side,so that means he would be as good in Spain as England? How can you judge it that way? Off one game? It makes far more sense if you compare the leagues first(I watch both) and I have come to the conclusion that he wouldn't stand out as much in Spain.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri 25 Jan - 14:12:43

I think Wilshere will be great and he was awesome against Barcelona in the CL and in many other matches in the PL whenever i saw him.

But he is not as good as Marchisio or Kroos yet, in my opinion. So, he cannot walk into the midfield of those teams just yet.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 25 Jan - 14:16:21

I think he's overrated tbh, everyone wanks over him because of that performance against Barca but fact is Carrick and Cleverly have performed better this season....

He's nowhere near good enough to get into Juve, Bayern or Dortmund's XI and quite frankly i wouldn't take him either.

Don't get me wrong he's wonderfully talented and could be this good one day but at the moment he's a long long away from discussed in this ball park.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 25 Jan - 14:17:02

Marchisio is more experienced than Wilshere, much like Schweinsteiger is so that's why those 2 players remain slightly higher rated than him.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 25 Jan - 14:39:29

Harry Redknapp wrote:will start for every single club in the world except Barca/Bayern/Juve.
I'm not sure he'd start for Dortmund either. It would depend on how much he is able to integrate in the team there as Dortmund depends mostly an knowing each others moves and everything perfectly. (I really don't understand why people only see players as isolated playing machines and don't take into account the necessity for proper team chemistry).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri 25 Jan - 15:52:46

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think he's overrated tbh, everyone wanks over him because of that performance against Barca but fact is Carrick and Cleverly have performed better this season....

He's nowhere near good enough to get into Juve, Bayern or Dortmund's XI and quite frankly i wouldn't take him either.

Don't get me wrong he's wonderfully talented and could be this good one day but at the moment he's a long long away from discussed in this ball park.

nice wummery mate.

the reason Carrick-Clev looks so good is RVP. if RVP wasn't as clinical, United would be lower on the table A LOT.

Carrick and Clev hasn't done a good job protecting their defense this season, they've contributed offensively, but massively failed defensively.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 25 Jan - 15:59:49

Not wumming lol..... he's not better than Cabaye IMO and Sissoko is better in the b2b role just like Diaby is better than Wilshere in the b2b role.

Unless you think we should play Wilshere as a DM lol?

Fact is for me to consider someone else they have to be a better CM than Cabaye and a better b2b than Sissoko and i don't think Wilshere is either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 25 Jan - 16:05:17

I dont know why its wrong to think that he wont start at Dortmund either.

In the double pivot there's Bender-Gundogan and basically he would be challenging Gundogan's spot but imo i think Gundogan's as good as Wilshere.

At AM,you have Goetze who's clearly better there and unless you are planning to move Goetze to RM ,maybe but i think Reus and Grosskeutz provide good width as it is and it wouldnt make much sense to change the system just for the sake of accomodating him.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 25 Jan - 16:13:01

Wow, read some funny shit in this thread from "he's better than Schweinsteiger/Kroos", "Wilshere is not a runner" to "Wouldn't start at Newcastle".

Laughing

p.s Thanks for the jinx Sepi lol
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 25 Jan - 16:19:26

Regarding Wilshere being a runner ? I just meant to say Marchisio is superior in that aspect(in terms of workrate).And from a tactical standpoint,he's one of the best midfielders out there.

Last edited by Surag on Fri 25 Jan - 16:30:52; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 25 Jan - 16:20:31

Don't understand why it's so laughable that Cabaye is better than Wilshere Laughing

But ok Laughing

This isn't Fifa btw where you get the most technical players and cram them all together Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri 25 Jan - 16:23:04

A fit and in-form Jack Wilshere - Page 3 Wilshere-un-capitan-de-toata-jena-a-pozat-fara-pantaloni-dupa-ce-a-purtat-pentru-prima-oara-banderola

He looks fit and in form Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 25 Jan - 16:45:26

It's an unrealistic question to ask if a perpetually unfit player who happens to be fit and in-form player would start over players that remain fit and consistent entire seasons. Really no point of comparison. I'd take a marginally worse player that will be there all the time to the marginally superior.

Also there's not enough appreciation for a working system in this thread. Is Wilshere better than Marchisio? Maybe. Does he have the potential to be much better? Yes. Does that mean that he should start over him? Definitely not, the relationship between Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio is gold and it's doubtful that anyone could master Marchisio's role as well as he has.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri 25 Jan - 21:17:26; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 25 Jan - 16:55:40

I loved that one argument though.

"Sahin isn't better because he isn't in form".
Wait.
Wasn't this the base assumption of this thread?

I'm not even saying that Wilshere isn't awesome, it's just that I managed to think of one more team he wouldn't walk into.
He is indeed awesome. But Gil and free_cat should watch some more Dortmund, take a good look at Gündogan, and think again.

And to use the argument of Wilshere playing at a "higher level", when Arsenal is collapsing all around him, barely propped up by the might of the god that is Podolski, still sitting like 7th, while Dortmund already gave City and Real a pounding this season, with Gündogan looking excellent, and basically expected by everyone to play in the UCL again next year, while Arsenal will have to be quite lucky to do so.

Give me a break.

It's not hating on Wilshere to point out he might only walk into the 5th best midfield out there instead of the 4th best. albino
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 25 Jan - 17:01:45

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think he's overrated tbh, everyone wanks over him because of that performance against Barca but fact is Carrick and Cleverly have performed better this season....

Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next