Barca fan analysis of referee in Clasico

4 posters

Go down

Barca fan analysis of referee in Clasico Empty Barca fan analysis of referee in Clasico

Post by shinigami99 Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:54 am

This may have been posted before, but I'm not post in General section aka Madrid Central.

Tbh, I agree with the poster on many points, but maybe the ref thought it was normal in a clasico. This may be my bias though. I know talking about the refs is pointless (I've said so several times), but what do you guys think?

shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barca fan analysis of referee in Clasico Empty Re: Barca fan analysis of referee in Clasico

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:24 am

Ok, im lame, I dont understand enough of what is being written so I will go through the interesting parts of what I saw and give my opinion.

1. Arbeloa tackle from behind, I believe thats an auto yellow?

2. No argument, thats a yellow on Carvalho.

3. This play pissed me off BIG TIME during the game, it shows that refs have little understanding of the game. Pique needed someone to pass to, he had only one option. That option was completely taken out of the play by foul means, Pique was forced to dribble on and of course lost it. That should of bee a free kick.

4. Joke decision, dont understand how thats not a foul. Bailed out by offside call.

5. I assume the question is, not a second yellow? My opinion is no, just a mistimed challange and he didnt touch him that much.

6. Not a yellow, barely touched Busquets. A foul and dangerous play, but no, im fine with just the free kick.

7. Tough one. To me high foot is a bad rule sometimes. Khedira's foot was only slightly higher than Xavi, he just happened to win the ball first.

8. Should of been brought back for a yellow card, mistimed lunge, zero ball, ton of contact.

9. Small contact, maybe some give it. For me, play on.

10. Foul, by not a yellow.

11. Typical Alonso, does it all the time. Somehow still perceived as a nice guy somehow.

12. I assume the yellow is for the reaction, which is OTT.

13. In full speed its hard to see the issue, so I dont blame the ref, especially from the position on the pitch. His lunge he doesnt get the ball, but not enough of Pedro to make a fuss about. Its typical dangerous Arbeloa but I cant blame the ref, I had to look it at more than once to really understand it. If the ref sees what we see, he is off though.

14. Khedira foul just to break play, more than 1 of them is a yellow to me. Just one I will allow to slide.

15. Alves yellow...his first foul, in fact our entire teams 1st or 2nd foul I cant remember. Utter horseshit giving a yellow for that after letting so much slide.

16. This is a hard one. Essien comes in hard and strong. On first view it looks a foul, on the replay it seems he gets ball at the same time as he knocks him over. Can go either way.

17. Not on purpose by Essien I believe. My main complaint are the Madrid players, crying about us kicking the ball out. A yellow if the ref knows there was contact.

18. No comment.

19. Dont understand. He clearly doesnt get the ball. Either its a foul or Madrid throw in..so ref which one is it?

20. Alonso attempts the ball, no complaint.

21. Yet another Arbeloa foul, how does this guy not get even a yellow Laughing

22. A foul, but soft yellow. Probably because he has commited so many.

23. Arbeloa gets the ball and should of got the throw in.

24. Non-issue. Messi just took exception, which is in his rights, but nothing further needed.

25. Handball. I understand though at that speed why the ref might of missed it though. Should of got the free kick and I guess a yellow if the ref sees it. Though, I have to say..what excuse does the ref have for not seeing it if Pique can from the halfway line?

26. Evil Messi not accepting Alonso fake apology to avoid yellow :lol How he gets away with it is beyond reproach.

How they get away with all this I dont know.

I am still more annoyed by us but this doesnt help, pitiful performance from the ref.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barca fan analysis of referee in Clasico Empty Re: Barca fan analysis of referee in Clasico

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:04 am

I don't really think it's worth going into anymore. You lose some you win some.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:01 am

I agree CB, but I also like Dani's analysis. Ref decisions are always going to play a role, but the thing is....there is nothing we can do about that except play the blame game, which will probably get us nowhere.

That being said, I watched this with a certain degree of "anger", but truthfully, things can go either way in a clasico. If we don't win the return leg, then it's probably more likely to be our fault than the ref's fault.

In games such as these, the referee plays a much bigger role than normal and this video highlights that. It's quite possible that there may be a similar video but with real madrid as the "victim". So this video is pretty much to be taken with a grain of salt.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Well no, it doesnt get you anywhere, but I think its right to point out. We judge both teams performance, so why not the ref too?

I think we all know the result wasnt 1-1 because of the ref.

I understand Shini watching the game with a degree of anger, it was unjust.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:01 pm

I understand. I've just become fairly apathetic towards the reffing in La Liga due to the standards they've set in recent times.

I'm more inclined just to go with karma, say you win some and you lose some and move on. That's the way I'm dealing with it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:43 am

Its interesting Essien stepping on alba just in front of linesman....... intentional or not thats a foul right??

offtopic,anyone saw arbeloa bringing down granada player in penalty area- no penalty!!! what is with arbeloa, i wonder...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down