The Franchise
rwo power
sportsczy
32 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Germany V. France - Page 3 Empty Re: Germany V. France

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:Sports heard Koscielny was brilliant but got an injury ?

Good to see Sagna is doing this good despite playing with a bruised ankle since weeks ( wenger mentioned this on TF1 )
Yeah... koscielny rocked. Avoided his typical brain fart that ruins his otherwise boss performances. He got a knock on his lower leg in first half and was taken out for precautionary reasons.

Sagna's ankle is still sore and he's playing through it per Wenger. Bad pairing with Sissoko on the right though. Sissoko can't defend and both have awful technique on the attack lol. Khedira looked technical compared to those 2 lol.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Good to see Sagna is doing this good despite playing with a bruised ankle since weeks ( wenger mentioned this on TF1 )
Yeah... koscielny rocked. Avoided his typical brain fart lol that ruins his boss performances. He got a knock on his lower leg in first half and was taken out for precautionary reasons.

Sagna's ankle is still sore and he's playing through it per Wenger. Bad pairing with Sissoko on the right though. Sissoko can't defend and both have the technique of rapists on the attack lol.

Ah thanks. Will catch the highlights tomorrow

Man Germany won after 26 years against France. Disappointing No
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 pm

You thought Hummels was solid? I thought he was very shaky and taking huge gambles. He's lucky that France finishing was bad... He kept getting dribbled and/or caught up field. He doesn't have good judgement with his aggressive play imo. Per, on the other hand, was solid.

I thought the CB play from Germany was very average in general.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Hummels was beaten twice by Benzema and didn't have an answer for Valbuena (who was insane today). Mertesacker has shown that he is the more composed and intelligent defender when against a series of pressures from attack. France was unlucky not to score.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Yeah... koscielny rocked. Avoided his typical brain fart lol that ruins his boss performances. He got a knock on his lower leg in first half and was taken out for precautionary reasons.

Sagna's ankle is still sore and he's playing through it per Wenger. Bad pairing with Sissoko on the right though. Sissoko can't defend and both have the technique of rapists on the attack lol.

Ah thanks. Will catch the highlights tomorrow

Man Germany won after 26 years against France. Disappointing No

All the games have been friendlies i think in the 26 years. It really doesn't mean anything. To me, unless there's utter failure, final score of friendlies matter little.

I mean the guys played on Sat/Sunday with club, rested Monday, had one training session on Tuesday and then played today lol. What does it really prove?

Spain NT has a massive advantage there since 75% of the team play at Barca. They already know each other.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:You thought Hummels was solid? I thought he was very shaky and taking huge gambles. He's lucky that France finishing was bad... He kept getting dribbled and/or caught up field. He doesn't have good judgement with his aggressive play imo. Per, on the other hand, was solid.

I thought the CB play from Germany was very average in general.

I thought both Mertesacker and Hummels were solid - they had very little protection from anywhere - Gündogan and Khedira didn't help much defensively, Lahm was getting raped by Ribery. They had to do too many last second tackles/clearances and that's not too good but atleast they did it in a successful way in the end. You can't help but fault the system on this one.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:Benzema is quickly putting himself in danger too. It is now 11 games since he's scored for France NT. If Giroud picks up his level a bit, i have a feeling Benz gets benched. He's lucky that the CF position is weak in France right now. But he needs to be careful. There is talent that can emerge out there.

Good. about damn time :coffee:

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Once again Sami "Aint nothing but a G thang" Khedira putting Germany on his back :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Studzil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:39 pm

How did Lloris do?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Studzil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One stud feeds off another. Like the ebb and flow of energy in the universe, light and dark, life and death, yin and yang. All we can do is marvel as the waves of beta males crash onto the shore of alpha that is Sami and Mesut for all eternity :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:51 pm

Zealous wrote:

One stud feeds off another.

LMAO

that Özil pass was pure class indeed.
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:29 am

Khedira was mainly awful other than the goal Z. He left his defense completely unprotected. Ribery and Valbuena were going through his area like he didn't exist lol. If it wasn't some truly pathetic finishing by all the France forwards (i can understand a save; but missing the target from 5-10 yards lol), he would've be one of the donkeys of the game.

Ozil, on the other hand, was amazing. in fact khedira's goal was all ozil. Nobody else makes that pass.

Gundogan was far more impressive to me. Sissoko didn't exist because of him. His technique was also impressive... you couldn't take the ball from him. Interestingly, when Kroos came in, things got easier in the midfield for France.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:12 am

i don't get some of the drastic stuff that is written here. "ribery raping lahm".. jesus, france lost 2-1 and they didn't have too many chances against a german b-team. the ratings on any sports site reflect that.

you could see that germany still doesn't give an F about such games with hummels casually tryin to get the ball off the forwards on the inside, like he always does when he feels he can show off (yea i know, cassano). on the whole though he did his job. he could have jumped to intercept when we conceeded but it's no drama in the end. lahm was exposed a couple of times but it's god damn ribery, he is prolly in the form of his life. of course you can't lock that dude down for the whole 90 mins, especially if u wanna save some energy for the weekend..

other than that, gündogan should be given a go some more times instead of schweinsteiger who doesn't even show up for a friendly, like ever. couldn't care less about that loser anymore tbh. and what is it about kroos in the CM discussion? he has played the position a couple of times out of necessity and while he did a decent, sometimes good job, he still isn't a true CM. maybe in a couple of years and with more experience playin on the position, but for now he can't boss like ilkay did.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 am

France doesn't give a F either lol. Deschamps is very Italian in that respect. We keep losing them. A lot of experiments tactically and massive rotation. We lost to Japan too in our other friendly.

And yes... Lahm got baptized. Just because we couldn't finish to save our lives doesn't change that fact. Agree that some players don't go 100%. But still. You don't just pack it in like that. I can't believe that he would.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:54 am

CBarca wrote:How did Lloris do?
Very well. He made quite some brilliant saves to deny some additional German goals. Actually, both keepers were top notch yesterday.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 am

Every time i changed the channel to this game hummels made a mistake lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Ganso wrote:Every time i changed the channel to this game hummels made a mistake lol

So you switched to this game twice?

Seriously though, what's with all the hyperbole in this thread? ^^ Nobody was useless. Benzema's finishing was bad, yes, but his movement was good. Lahm got beaten by Ribéry like 3 times, which will happen to anyone playing against Ribéry. He still managed to force Ribéry out wide most times he let him go past.
Hummels really had a bad game, by his standards, but that's still decent, by most CBs standards.

I actually was quite reliefed, I thought our CBs looked much better than I expected, and Höwedes, who basically doesn't have a left foot, not doing well attacking on the left flank did not utterly surprise me.

I thought Podolski did well, he could've been more dangerous and was visibly taking his foot off the pedal in the 2nd half, but he was incredibly fast and explosive at times in the first half.
Khedira wasn't as good as I'd hoped defensively, but he was still everywhere and did get a couple of neat clearances in there.

The only one who really didn't show up was Gomez, who just doesn't suit Germanys playing style, TBH.

Both Lloris and Adler were bloody brilliant, Lloris even more so, like when he just managed to get the ball off Özil with the tip of his toes, before Mesut could square the ball off to Müller, who btw, is still f*cking beasting it.

Müller MOTM imho.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:19 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Ganso wrote:Every time i changed the channel to this game hummels made a mistake lol

So you switched to this game twice?

Seriously though, what's with all the hyperbole in this thread? ^^ Nobody was useless. Benzema's finishing was bad, yes, but his movement was good. Lahm got beaten by Ribéry like 3 times, which will happen to anyone playing against Ribéry. He still managed to force Ribéry out wide most times he let him go past.
Hummels really had a bad game, by his standards, but that's still decent, by most CBs standards.

I actually was quite reliefed, I thought our CBs looked much better than I expected, and Höwedes, who basically doesn't have a left foot, not doing well attacking on the left flank did not utterly surprise me.

I thought Podolski did well, he could've been more dangerous and was visibly taking his foot off the pedal in the 2nd half, but he was incredibly fast and explosive at times in the first half.
Khedira wasn't as good as I'd hoped defensively, but he was still everywhere and did get a couple of neat clearances in there.

The only one who really didn't show up was Gomez, who just doesn't suit Germanys playing style, TBH.

Both Lloris and Adler were bloody brilliant, Lloris even more so, like when he just managed to get the ball off Özil with the tip of his toes, before Mesut could square the ball off to Müller, who btw, is still f*cking beasting it.

Müller MOTM imho.

Lahm certainly could have done a better job on Ribery who has shown to be marked out by more than a few RBs (who I can name). Yes it was a friendly and Lahm at his age needs to conserve his energy but when you are in the same team training vs each other week in week out its usually expected that you know how your team-mates works when he attack you at least.

Hummels wasn't up to his standard as well and cost Mertesacker's positioning all to much. Aside from that he remained composed but outshone by Per.

I disagree on Howedes. Sometimes if you are out of position it doesn't bring you confidence to use your weaker foot. I've seen several times for Schalke in Hoewdes using his left foot for a splitting drive pass and even a cross when cutting in. Loew needs to start putting him in CB shift with Per and Hummels. Its disgraceful.

MOTM for me was Guendogan. Couldn't get the ball off of him and needs to start from now on.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Lahm certainly could have done a better job on Ribery who has shown to be marked out by more than a few RBs (who I can name). Yes it was a friendly and Lahm at his age needs to conserve his energy but when you are in the same team training vs each other week in week out its usually expected that you know how your team-mates works when he attack you at least.
That's a two-edged sword. Just as Lahm should know how to defend Ribéry, Ribéry knows how to evade Lahm, of course. And you bet Heynckes would be at both their throats if they'd have injured each other.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:23 pm

This is just a friendly in the end, all you can really take from it is whether or not both teams have quality players and they both certainly do.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:23 pm

rwo power wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Lahm certainly could have done a better job on Ribery who has shown to be marked out by more than a few RBs (who I can name). Yes it was a friendly and Lahm at his age needs to conserve his energy but when you are in the same team training vs each other week in week out its usually expected that you know how your team-mates works when he attack you at least.
That's a two-edged sword. Just as Lahm should know how to defend Ribéry, Ribéry knows how to evade Lahm, of course. And you bet Heynckes would be at both their throats if they'd have injured each other.

Difference is that a fullback doesn't have a staple repertoire of patterns, combinations and 'algorithm' in an attacker can respectively predict his execution of defence. The whole role of the attacker it to combine the use guile and trickery with his honed repertoire and skill to cause an element of unpredictability in order to go past the marker. The marker's defence will be based on timing, positioning and intelligence which are all traits that cannot be visibly quantified or measured.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Zealous wrote:This is just a friendly in the end, all you can really take from it is whether or not both teams have quality players and they both certainly do.

pretty much lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm

rwo power wrote:

Yeah and nobody has been able to mark Ribery without double teaming him tbh.... it's been like that for over a year and a half now. Germany played him straight up and this is usually what happens.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Low should let these Bayern losers out, they lack winning mentality. Keep Lahm, Neuer and Muller in the first 11. Captain Khedira :bow:

Neuer
Lahm Hummels Howedes Schmelzer
Khedira Gundogan
Ozil
Muller Reus Gotze

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:39 pm

likeastar wrote:Low should let these Bayern losers out, they lack winning mentality. Keep Lahm, Neuer and Muller in the first 11. Captain Khedira :bow:

Neuer
Lahm Hummels Howedes Schmelzer
Khedira Gundogan
Ozil
Muller Reus Gotze

I'd still take Schweinsteiger over Gündogan, but that is indeed a tasty lineup. Dat offensive creativity. :bow:

VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next