Which club's all time XI do you think is the best?

+12
Kaladin
ioilersrock448
juventus101
Kick
Lupi
BarrileteCosmico
Valkyrja
rwo power
Casciavit
Rossoneri Ninja
futbol
jibers
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which club's all time XI do you think is the best?

Post by marottalad Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

you can't definatively say 1 club is the best but in my opinion the closest clubs to be considered the best are between milan,madrid and juve in my opinion. with bayern and barca closely following... sorry epl fans you didn't make it on my list Very Happy

marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which club's all time XI do you think is the best?

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:28 pm

Great thread, but there isnt much point comparing because nobody is going to admit their all time best team can lose. I know I aint Laughing

Still a great thread because we can debate position on the pitch and who deserves them. For example we could pick one team to start with and debate the positions and players chosen.

Anyway, just a thought. Let the thread go where ever it goes.

I like this for the Bayern team if updated to todays game in terms of how I would lay them out

-------------------------------Khan-----------------------------

Lahm-----------Schwarzenbeck--------Beckenbauer-------Breitner

----------------Ballack------Schweinsteiger-----Matthaus--------

-Rumminigge--------------------------------------------------Ribery

----------------------------Muller-------------------------------

Had to keep many of the 70's side together, too many greats and most importantly, too many proven winners.

Khan and Maier, cant go wrong whichever way. Khan I chose simply because the more modern the game, logically the more modern the players if they are equal.

The Kaiser can start the game from deep and venture forward as he did, the ultimate in new age ball centerbacks he would be...with Matthaus, Ballack and Schweinsteiger you have incredible versatility. Matthaus can easily fill in for the Kaiser when he ventures forward and your midfield remains soilid. All 3 are capable of doing everything on the football pitch, especially Matthaus who is the best German midfielder of all time. We have two fullbacks of great class, especially Brietner. Had to keep it real up front, Muller is obvious and if you actually look at ability, Ribery is one of the most creative and dangerous Bayern players of all time. As shocking as it is to say, its true. Rummenigge to me is a like a better version of Mueller, todays one I mean, had a great knack for goals but technically sound and clever player. Chose him over unreliable choke artist Robben.

Admissions like Effenberg, Lizarazu, Sagnol and Scholl are not unnoticed but if you dont look from a nostalgia point of view, the players I have chosen I believe are better.

Barca are incredibly hard because its my team, you can go many ways. I think the number one thing to do is chose a formation with balance, which you can find a way to fit in so many great forwards and midfielders. We have struggled for fullbacks historically, when I say Dani Alves is unquestionable the best we ever had, I do not exaggerate, Sergi, Ferrera, Reiziger and Puyol in his younger days at rightback are fine supplementary players but little much else. So, for me, 3 at the back.

----------------------------------Zubizarreta------------------------------------

----------------Puyol-------------Migueli-----------Koeman----------------------

----------------------------------Guardiola------------------------------------

--------------------------Xavi---------------Iniesta---------------------------

----------------------------------Cruyff----------------------------------------

--Kubala---------------------------Messi-----------------------------Ronaldinho

Went back and forth between Zubizarreta and Valdes. In the end, I feel Zubi was better for longer. Valdes at his best is probably better than him, but his best looks like will last 3 years while the rest of the time..average or even worse.

If it a back 3, it explains itself..no other worthy candidates. Dani Alves could easily fit in here, he has done it for us already..but it would make take out Migueli..which is a bit of slap in the face of such a record holder.

Guardiola here..but Busquets is gaining on him every passing year. The next two pick themselves.

Cruyff here, he was always going to be 1st or 2nd on the team sheet. Other choices were Laudrup and Maradona...Maradona not here long enough and Laudrup not quite Cruyff. Another choice was Luis Suarez, who deserves it too...a fantastic player and former world player of the year.

Kubala, never seen him play but to omit him after all the facts would be too much. Voted our best player in the 20th century and on top of that played a decade. Was between him Rivaldo, though Rivaldo really played in the middle so it was never much of a choice. Also Figo but the chances of me going with him were zero.

Ronaldinho, gets flack but for 4 seasons he was as good as anything I ever seen. I might go as far as to say, the most naturally gifted football in the team...when you consider Cruyff and Messi, that says something. Nobody had that amount of ideas, athleticism, awareness and skills in one body.

Messi. One of the best players ever and still has plenty of time on the clock. A top 5 player ever (you can argue even higher) and not past his 25th birthday? Laughing

Ronaldo didnt play long enough, Romario wasnt quite as good and didnt play too long himself either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:37 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:
likeastar wrote:Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? - Page 2 AbEdjZnalA

Subs: Buyo, Marquitos, Ramos, Sanchis, Guti, Gallego, Zidane, Juanito, Kopa, Sanchez

....................Iker......................
....Santamaria....Hierro......Chendo...
................Redondo.....................
..............Pirri....Zidane.................
................Di Stefano........Gento...
.........Puskas........Hugo Sanchez......

Firstly Chendo was a RB, and IMO you can't play without any wing players. Secondly, there's no way Sanchez would be there instead of Raul. If we are talking about best XI in terms of ability Zidane would be there, but we are talking about who played best for Real Madrid, and players like R Carlos over him.

I've made the one for Arsenal

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? - Page 2 AbEdYhIak9
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Pires played on the left and couldnt/hated playing on the right.

Also, Overmars >>>>> Ljungberg

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Arsenal's ( may not be up there with the rest of the teams but still not bad Razz )

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? - Page 2 AbEdY5TanX
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:21 pm

likeastar wrote:
likeastar wrote:Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? - Page 2 AbEdjZnalA

Subs: Buyo, Marquitos, Ramos, Sanchis, Guti, Gallego, Zidane, Juanito, Kopa, Sanchez

Firstly Chendo was a RB, and IMO you can't play without any wing players. Secondly, there's no way Sanchez would be there instead of Raul. If we are talking about best XI in terms of ability Zidane would be there, but we are talking about who played best for Real Madrid, and players like R Carlos over him.

Should have put Camacho there. confused myself. Sanchez as a #9 was superiro to Raul in everyway. Better first touch, better off ball movemenrt and one of the best finishers I have ever seen. Playing Puskas who isn't a pure 9 and Raul doesnt make sense for me. u mad I dont rate Roberto carlos that highly. With three at the back why would I put someoen whose defensive ability was almost as bad as Marcelo's perhaps even worse? As I said make a fucntional team not just a name of stars. Plus Gento would give width on the right so Carlos isnt needed. Pirri would be pushed slightly out wide and the formation is lopside, should have made that clearer.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 pm

likeastar wrote:

Should have put Camacho there. confused myself. Sanchez as a #9 was superiro to Raul in everyway. Better first touch, better off ball movemenrt and one of the best finishers I have ever seen. Playing Puskas who isn't a pure 9 and Raul doesnt make sense for me. u mad I dont rate Roberto carlos that highly. With three at the back why would I put someoen whose defensive ability was almost as bad as Marcelo's perhaps even worse? As I said make a fucntional team not just a name of stars. Plus Gento would give width on the right so Carlos isnt needed. Pirri would be pushed slightly out wide and the formation is lopside, should have made that clearer.

In my formation Di Stefano, Puskas and Raul would have free roles, roaming in the final third, changing positions. Pirri and Redondo would cover for Carlos when he make his runs.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:45 pm

likeastar wrote:
likeastar wrote:

In my formation Di Stefano, Puskas and Raul would have free roles, roaming in the final third, changing positions. Pirri and Redondo would cover for Carlos when he make his runs.

Again Carlos would only be there for width and I have Gento for that as he hugged the touchline. I want a fixed #9 hence Sanhez and Di stefano go forward when Puskas drops deep as they actually did when they played. Redondo would cover the right flank and Pirri was more b2b than a strict Holding defensive mf. Either way Redodno wasnt a typical holder like Makele. he ventured forward and tried to dribble his way out of situations and is extrememly vertical. Pirri is there to cover Redondos verticality. Would not have Carlos in any of my teams
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:57 pm

futbol wrote:Barcelona:

................................Ronaldo.....................................
.....Cruyff.................................................Messi..........
........................................Maradona..........................
....................Iniesta..................................................
.................................................Xavi.........................
............................Busquets.......................................
..............Migueli..........Koeman............Puyol.................
................................................................................
..............................Zubizarreta...................................

Deal with it. :coffee:

so R9 from his one season is better than Romario? Pls gtfo. thhis is how u weed out clueless people. Messi has clearly stated he hates the wing. This is one of the most unbalanced teams i have ever seen. And 3 at the back?

Pls go

Reported for derailment

Accomplishments aside Ronaldo's season at Barcelona is one of the greatest ever... Best hes ever played during a single season
Future
Future
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2