Which club's all time XI do you think is the best?

+12
Kaladin
ioilersrock448
juventus101
Kick
Lupi
BarrileteCosmico
Valkyrja
rwo power
Casciavit
Rossoneri Ninja
futbol
jibers
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? Empty Which club's all time XI do you think is the best?

Post by jibers Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:26 pm

First things first. the team has to be functional ffs. So no Rivaldo Ronaldinho Ronaldo and Messi in one team. The rules would be under todays offside law and the refereeing would be similar to current champions leagues standard. So playing out and out sweepers is suicide imo.

................................................Big Peter/VDS...........................
............Neville.................Staam................Vidic..........Irwin/Evra...
...Ronaldo/Beckham.....Keane/Robson.........Hargreaves/Scholes.....Giggs/Best......
.................................Law/RVN.......Cantona/Charlton..................

That would be my squad essentially.

For me the be the hardest team to score against.
......................................Rossi.....................................
......Tassotti..........Baresi..............Nesta........Maldini.......... (best bacline in history statistically)

........................Rijkaard/Albertini....Pirlo......Bennetti/Ancelotti..............
................................Rivera/Rui Costa.............................
.....................van Basten/Savicevic...........Nordahl/Gullit...................

If you wanted to play a 442 Put Donadoni as LM and Altafini playing more as an inside right. Then pick your front 2. Pirlo and Rijkaard as CB. Cafu played his best football elsewhere tbh so He doesn't make it. Capello as manager with this team might not score many goals but they will concede less than 20 a season. I made it a xmas tree formation because Milan have too many great midfielders.

Ajax

................................VDS............................
......Suurbier............Vasovic/Hulshoff...........Krol..........
..............................Rijkaard......................
.....................Neeskens......Muhren/Hann.....................................
.....Jonny Rep/Overmars........Jari Litmanen/Cruijff........Resenbrink/Keizer...
.................................van Basten/Kluivert....................................

Barcelona

Obviously playing with Guardiola's football (duh)

..............................Valdes.........................(lolz)
........Alves.....Koeman......Pujito..........Abidal....
........................Busquets/Guardiola.............
......................Xavi..........Iniesta.......................(to easy)
..........Kubala/Stoickov.......Messi (ostrasciser)...........Ronaldinho....

If Barcelona play the way they did in10/11 with that pressing, the backline is interchangeable imo. Rivaldo hated being on the wing so both him and Messi playing would be a joke. Messi is Barcelona's greatest ever player so he alone will continue to play the false ostraciser.

Will try and do the rest when I can be arsed/ Will do Juventus and Madrid by the end of the day

I reckon Milan shades it.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? Empty Re: Which club's all time XI do you think is the best?

Post by futbol Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Barcelona:

................................Ronaldo.....................................
.....Cruyff.................................................Messi..........
........................................Maradona..........................
....................Iniesta..................................................
.................................................Xavi.........................
............................Busquets.......................................
..............Migueli..........Koeman............Puyol.................
................................................................................
..............................Zubizarreta...................................

Deal with it. :coffee:

Last edited by futbol on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? Empty Re: Which club's all time XI do you think is the best?

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Ze Germans
in 3..2..1
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 pm

futbol wrote:Barcelona:

................................................................................

so R9 from his one season is better than Romario? Pls gtfo. thhis is how u weed out clueless people. Messi has clearly stated he hates the wing. This is one of the most unbalanced teams i have ever seen. And 3 at the back?

Pls go

Reported for derailment
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:10 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:

so R9 from his one season is better than Romario? Pls gtfo. thhis is how u weed out clueless people. Messi has clearly stated he hates the wing. This is one of the most unbalanced teams i have ever seen. And 3 at the back?

Pls go

It's not unbalanced at all. Barcelona played pretty much the same formation in the Bernabeu last season and won 3-1. Here is your memo:

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? Barca-Real2

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? Barca-Real3

(Busquets dropping back to make it a back 4 without possession)

Now in my team you have pretty much the same balance, except Migueli for Abidal, Koeman for Pique, Cruyff for Fabregas, Ronaldo for Sanchez. Alves out (who was playing as an out-and-out winger anyway), Maradona in with Messi playing where he played in 2008 / 2009 most of the time when Barcelona won the sextuple. And yes, R9 > Romario.

Totally acceptable that team. The back 3 will get even less troubled than the current Barcelona defense with Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta in midfield dominating possession with the added support of Cruyff, Maradona and Messi (who can all play as extra midfielders).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:32 pm

futbol wrote:Barcelona:

Pls go

Reported for derailment

rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:37 pm

*sighs* Please stay civil and try not to get on my nerves with unnecessary reports!

Back to topic, please! (And no, I'm not putting together some Bayern team including the 1974 players, although it is tempting to do so Razz)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:48 pm

rwo power wrote:*sighs* Please stay civil and try not to get on my nerves with unnecessary reports!

Back to topic, please! (And no, I'm not putting together some Bayern team including the 1974 players, although it is tempting to do so Razz)

Why not?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:52 pm

RWO pls respond
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? AbEdjZnalA

Subs: Buyo, Marquitos, Ramos, Sanchis, Guti, Gallego, Zidane, Juanito, Kopa, Sanchez

Last edited by likeastar on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:58 pm

rwo power wrote:Back to topic, please! (And no, I'm not putting together some Bayern team including the 1974 players, although it is tempting to do so Razz)

Why not?
Because I can't decide whether I would field Sepp Maier, Oliver Kahn or Manuel Neuer in goal! And as I'm stuck with pondering the GK, I never get any further to defense, midfield or attack XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:04 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:so R9 from his one season is better than Romario? Pls gtfo. thhis is how u weed out clueless people. Messi has clearly stated he hates the wing. This is one of the most unbalanced teams i have ever seen. And 3 at the back?

Pls go

Reported for derailment
Why should players with only one season be disregarded? It's not an eleven of who accomplished the most at a club, but the best player to play at the club, right?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:04 pm

rwo power wrote:
rwo power wrote:Back to topic, please! (And no, I'm not putting together some Bayern team including the 1974 players, although it is tempting to do so Razz)

Why not?
Because I can't decide whether I would field Sepp Maier, Oliver Kahn or Manuel Neuer in goal! And as I'm stuck with pondering the GK, I never get any further to defense, midfield or attack XD

That's why you can use the / to put multiple players for a position!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Ostracised One wrote:so R9 from his one season is better than Romario? Pls gtfo. thhis is how u weed out clueless people. Messi has clearly stated he hates the wing. This is one of the most unbalanced teams i have ever seen. And 3 at the back?

Pls go

Reported for derailment
Why should players with only one season be disregarded? It's not an eleven of who accomplished the most at a club, but the best player to play at the club, right?

All time XI. Ronaldo should not be on there.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:09 pm

rwo power wrote:

Why not?

Next problem is the formation, though, as I just don't want to put Franz Beckenbauer anywhere as CB or DM or so - he is the archetypical Libero. And any formation that adhers to that wouldn't work with the way the modern player positions are defined. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:11 pm

rwo power wrote:
rwo power wrote:

Next problem is the formation, though, as I just don't want to put Franz Beckenbauer anywhere as CB or DM or so - he is the archetypical Libero. And any formation that adhers to that wouldn't work with the way the modern player positions are defined. ^^

Exactly. Just make one and stop being scared. Leave him out then. I jut think playing a ibero in todays game is suicide. Against a team with multiple runners in behind a defedne it would be lethal
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Great thread, jibbs.

I personally think Milan have the best all time 11.

........................................................Rossi........................................................
..........Tasssoti................Baresi....................Nesta.................Maldini..............
.......................................Rjikaard.................Pirlo/Liedholm...........................
.........Donadoni.............................Kaka/Rivera.......................Guilit.................
.......................................................Nordhal.....................................................

Ill basically go over it, Rossi has a better understanding with that defense than Dida, Rossi is also Italian.

Back 4 is GOAT :coffee:

Rijkaard complete player, placed beside Liedholm or Pirlo, both great passers of the ball, surprised you kept out Liedholm, jibbs.

Donadoni is a great underrated player, I picked him over Savicevic, Donadoni is more of a 'winger threat' , as in would stay in the wing more, great crosser. Behind him is Tassotti, both are Italians, and have played on the right side together before.

Kaka or Rivera as AM.

An Interesting choice I think, I put was playing Gulit as an LAM. Gulit was known for his versatility, but with Milan Gulit usually drifted to the left for space etc.

Nordahl, typical penalty box striker, would score loads of goals with the support behind him.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Formation 4-4-2:

Masetti

Cafu Losi Aldair Nela

Di Bartlomei Falcao

Giannini Conti

Totti Pruzzo
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:41 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:Exactly. Just make one and stop being scared. Leave him out then. I jut think playing a ibero in todays game is suicide. Against a team with multiple runners in behind a defedne it would be lethal
I'm sorry, but I really can't decide most of the time -_-' FC Bayern München always was a who's who of German football plus some very accomplished others. So here you go in a 4-2-3-1:

Neuer/Kahn/Maier
Lahm/Sagnol - Dante/Kohler/Babbel/Linke - Helmer/Badstuber - Lizarazu/Alaba
Schwarzenbeck/Schweinsteiger - MVB/Matthäus
U.Hoeness/Basler/Robben/T.Mueller - Effenberg/Breitner/Scholl/Kroos - Ribery
G.Mueller/KH Rummenigge/Gomez/Elber/Klose

Franz Beckenbauer + Klaus Augenthaler should actually be in there, too, but as great liberos they only get an honorary mention in the current system.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Chelsea's would be something like this:

Cech
Petrescu Terry Harris Cole
Makelele
Wise/Essien Lampard
Zola
Drogba Osgood/tambling

A team of leaders that is.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Just using players that ive seen.

--Buffon--
--Zambrotta-- --Thuram-- --Cannavaro-- --Chiellini--
--Davids-- --Pirlo--
--Nedved-- --Zidane-- --Baggio--
--Del Piero--

Using players from all time, you could also throw Scirea, Gentile, Sivori, Boniperti, P. Rossi, Zoff, etc in there. Then theres guys like Trezeguet, Camoranesi, Conte, Marchisio, Vidal, Barzagli, etc etc that would be on the bench.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:24 am

Kahn
Lahm-Schwarzenbeck-Lizarazu
------Beckenbauer-----
-----Schweinsteiger---
Effenberg-Scholl-Ribery
G. Mueller-Rummenigge

something to this extent.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:51 am

likeastar wrote:Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? AbEdjZnalA

Subs: Buyo, Marquitos, Ramos, Sanchis, Guti, Gallego, Zidane, Juanito, Kopa, Sanchez

....................Iker......................
....Santamaria....Hierro......Chendo...
................Redondo.....................
..............Pirri....Zidane.................
................Di Stefano........Gento...
.........Puskas........Hugo Sanchez......
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:49 am

likeastar wrote:Which club's all time XI do you think is the best? AbEdjZnalA

....................Iker......................
....Santamaria....Hierro......Chendo...
................Redondo.....................
..............Pirri....Zidane.................
................Di Stefano........Gento...
.........Puskas........Hugo Sanchez......

Didn't Chendo get converted to a LB later on in his career?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:06 am

you can't definatively say 1 club is the best but in my opinion the closest clubs to be considered the best are between milan,madrid and juve in my opinion. with bayern and barca closely following... sorry epl fans you didn't make it on my list Very Happy
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next