Onyx
71 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

FIFA 14 discussion Empty FIFA 14 discussion

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 pm

What are your ideas for FIFA 14?

FIFA 14 Latest News

Pure Shot: Shooting has been transformed. Players have the intelligence to adjust their stride and approach angle to find the best position for hitting the back of the net. Well-hit balls feel satisfying and goals are rewarding. As well as quality strikes, players can now shoot while off balance or rushed.

Real Ball Physics: Strike the ball with more force and finesse. Realistic ball physics now determines the trajectories of balls in game, enabling players to strike the ball with force from distance, drill low rising shots with accuracy, and blast dipping or swerving shots, just like real footballers.

Protect The Ball: Dominate midfield and dictate the tempo of a match. Fend-off and block defenders from the ball while dribbling at any speed. Protect the ball from opponents to control play through midfield and dictate the pace of the match. Plus, out-muscle opponents for position before receiving the ball, then turn defenders to carve out opportunities.

Teammate Intelligence: Better decision-making delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking. Defenders recognize opportunities to provide support and win back possession. Attacking players have new ways to outsmart their opponents and break down tighter, more intelligent defences by creating space for themselves, running along the backline and checking their pace.

Sprint Dribble Turns: Utilize quick, explosive cuts and turns to beat defenders one-on-one while sprinting with the ball. Players can move in any direction, preserving their natural momentum and maintaining possession of the ball.

Variable Dribble Touches: The First Touch Control of dribbling varies a player's touch when dribbling with pace. Skilled players have the touch and control to stand out while less skilled players will experience fewer perfect touches and more uncertainty dribbling, creating opportunities for defenders to win back possession, and placing emphasis on building play through midfield.

2nd Chance Tackles: The tackling zone has been extended to enable defenders to combine different types of tackles, recover from missed tackles quickly, and have a second chance to compete for the ball in any tackling situation.

Curling Lofted Through Balls: Players have the ability to curl the ball around opponents to deliver precision passes to teammates or send the ball into space.

Skill Games: A competitive practice mode that enable players to learn or master the fundamental skills necessary to compete at FIFA 14. Become a better player, faster, no matter what your skill level, competing against yourself or friends in all-new mini-games.

Career Mode: Search for talent year-round with the new Global Scouting Network that brings the world of professional scouting to life. Develop and refine your own scouting network. Evaluate footballers to uncover the attributes of players who could bolster your squad during the transfer windows. A new hub delivers easy navigation, fewer interruptions and live scouting reports.

Complete Authenticity: All the authenticity EA SPORTS is known for with officially licensed clubs, leagues and more than 15,000 players.

More information

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-14-reveal-roundup/

http://www.ea.com/soccer/blog/fifa-14-reveal

Screenshots

FIFA 14 discussion Image_300292_thumb_wide940

FIFA 14 discussion Image_300289_thumb_wide940

FIFA 14 discussion Image_300282_thumb_wide940

More screenshots here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots.php?id=13123

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

FIFA 14 discussion Empty Re: FIFA 14 discussion

Post by LeVersacci Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm

This is for online: Less rebounds please, nerf crossing, reduce the pace in UT, people abuse it way too much. Maybe improve finesse a little..
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Make UT and H2H the same gameplay, i'm sick of being good at one and not the other because you play the game in a totally different style.

Make skill moves do something. All people do is sit there and hold X/A and no matter what trick you do they do nothing unless the person commits, it needs to be changed so executing a trick at the right time will fool your opponent.

Maybe change the engine so the dominant team actually has an advantage? I'm sick of having 22 shots on target to my opponents 3 and them always winning.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Some career mode ideas:

Career mode improvements such as:

• Being able to bid before July.

• Test a player out in arena prior to buying him.

• Calling up players from Castilla/Barca B, if you're playing as Real Madrid/Barca, instead of having to buy them.

• Choosing pre season fixtures/tour - e.g. U.S. tour.

• When searching for a player, you should be able to search with more than 2 attributes. Currently there's only primary and secondary attribute.

• When you get a popup on career mode, sometimes you might accidentally miss it by pressing X/A. So maybe all the popups can be stored somewhere.

• Also career mode gets stale after a while. Every game starts to feel the same. That should be somehow fixed.

• Have things like sponsors, buy back clauses etc. Basically make it more like FM.

• A 'realistic' option for financial strictness. Currently there's 'lenient', 'moderate' and 'strict'.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:30 pm

Graphics, sound, atmosphere etc ideas:

• Improve the graphics. Make the graphics as realistic as possible. More player faces, better looking pitches etc etc. Just make it more like real life.

• The current atmosphere is poor. If I'm playing at the Bernabeu, I want to hear what I hear on TV. Not some generic made up Spanish chant that's been in since forever. Same goes for every stadium.

This should be done for as many teams/stadiums possible. Just make it as realistic as possible.

• EPL and La Liga should have different cheer sounds for when goals are scored. EPL has a 'yehhhhhhhh' cheer sound while La Ligas is more of a 'roar' type cheer.

• Commentary should be improved.

• Basically just make the chanting/cheering/sound/graphics/atmosphere/etc realistic as possible.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am

Allow legacy defending when playing seasons online.

Tired of all those goals that come from the edge of the box.

Give more players scanned faces, update the old ones, ex Ramos.

Whenever they hoof the ball over my defense my defense are so slow to react and they just stand there.

Make shooting a tad easier.

Allow your own customized formation on seasons or when your playing online with a friend.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 am

Shooting is already overpowered.

And you can do your own customized formation for seasons? Just go to where you setup a club at the menu. You can change formation, choose where players should run, passing, pressing etc. Save it and go to seasons, and you'll find your formation and the custom play style before you start a game Smile
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm

In terms of the gameplay, I think think it should be exactly like real life.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Whenever i get a player from my youth academy after a while i forget what their potential overall was which can make it difficult to pick who to give game tome to, who to loan out etc. At the very least you should be able to see the potantial for players that come from the youth academy at any time, you used to be able to do it for all players only a few FIFAs ago
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Gameplay problems:

Too much about counter-attacking.

Players like Pirlo, Alonso, Xavi etc aren't very effective, since the game is pretty much about speed and strength.

Auto tackling and constant homing missile type pressure doesn't allow you to play possession properly.

Only teams who press in real life should be able to efficiently press for the entire game. Teams who don't press should be able to press, however they should maybe show signs of fatigue etc.

The CPU teammates in clubs should be fixed. The defenders and midfielders take forever to turn and pass. Or maybe the 'any' option should be removed, since it is clubs after all.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:In terms of the gameplay, I think think it should be exactly like real life.

Randomness (i.e. real life) doesn't work that well in video games. People don't like it that they do everything perfectly on their controller, but because there's a human error factor in the game to make it super realistic they end up losing the ball or whatever.

My suggestions:

- smooth out the first touch thing.

- make defending crosses a bit easier.

- improved AI in defending.

- tone down players' strength when on the ball. It's easier to use your strength when you don't have the ball than when you're dribbling and this should show in the game, imo. So something like a 0.9 multiplier to players' strength when on the ball.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Yeh but there's traits etc like skilled dribbling etc, so maybe there could be negative traits as well.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:26 pm

I don't know how they would do it, but more of a variety in the types of goals scored.

Crowd graphics, audio needs to be more realistic

Tackling system needs to be improved so the ball doesn't go straight back to the other team

Pace needs to be taken down a notch
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:04 pm

My changes would be primarily with Career mode. It's a mode that is more than just about playing games. It should be as authentic an experience as possible. It's getting there, but still not quite there -

- Actual, real Primavera/Academy rosters should be added. Axe the entire faux youth academy feature.

- Focus a bit more on the coaches and use actual names.

- Make the club kits more customizable. The same club isn't going to wear the exact same kit for the next 15 seasons. Allow for a bevy of kit designers and front logo sponsors and bring back the feature that allows for the club to sign deals with them.

-Incorporate the skill challenges into actual team training sessions. Players form can fluctuate depending on how well they do in the drills or in the practice match ratings.

I'm sure I have more, but I haven't played Career mode in a bit so yeah
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:11 pm

-Less BS goals
-Expand the bench for Serie A (its more than 7)
-Improve graphics
- Less yawning and crap when being taken off
-Add more animations
- The number one thing i want is when you score a goal in the last min to win your team, and if you're playing at home. I WANT THE CROWD TO ROARRRR, I WANT TO BE DEAF NOT SEE A BUNCH OF CUT UP CARDBOARD JUST JUMPING.
- I want a celebration where you take yout shirt off, THE REF WILL GIVE YOU A YELLOW FINE NOBODY CARES
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Better updates for Pro Clubs.
Better computer AI as you increase divisions.
Being able to choose your kit number in Pro Clubs
Nerfing the pace of midget pros
Make Pro Goalies not so god like
Make kick off lobs to goal almost impossible
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:-Less BS goals
-Improve graphics
-Add more animations
- The number one thing i want is when you score a goal in the last min to win your team, and if you're playing at home. I WANT THE CROWD TO ROARRRR, I WANT TO BE DEAF NOT SEE A BUNCH OF CUT UP CARDBOARD JUST JUMPING.
- I want a celebration where you take yout shirt off, THE REF WILL GIVE YOU A YELLOW FINE NOBODY CARES

I second this :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MOJC Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 pm

LeDNA wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:-Less BS goals
-Improve graphics
-Add more animations

I second this :bow:

Thirded Thumbs up
MOJC
MOJC
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Imagine scoring the winner goal in 90 min, and then you throw the shirt off and do the Balo celebration :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:41 am

McLewis wrote:My changes would be primarily with Career mode. It's a mode that is more than just about playing games. It should be as authentic an experience as possible. It's getting there, but still not quite there -

- Actual, real Primavera/Academy rosters should be added. Axe the entire faux youth academy feature.

- Make the club kits more customizable. The same club isn't going to wear the exact same kit for the next 15 seasons. Allow for a bevy of kit designers and front logo sponsors and bring back the feature that allows for the club to sign deals with them.

-Incorporate the skill challenges into actual team training sessions. Players form can fluctuate depending on how well they do in the drills or in the practice match ratings.

I remeber in FIFA07 or something you could schedule training on days off, bring that back

Having a youth academy with the real youth players is a good idea, but the curretn scouting system should stay too

I think the reason they dont mess with the kits is because of liscensing and agreements between the clubs and their sponsors ie Samsung wouldnt want players to have the option of putting Bwin on a Chelsea shirt.

Was anyone else a fan of when at the end of every match it would do the match revenue-wages-other expenses and add or subtract from your budget? it was last seen ~FIFA10

and ffs the animations when subs are happening take sooooo looong ditch the animations and make it quicker, nobosy wants to see the subs high 5 eachother
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:12 am

McLewis wrote:My changes would be primarily with Career mode. It's a mode that is more than just about playing games. It should be as authentic an experience as possible. It's getting there, but still not quite there -

- Actual, real Primavera/Academy rosters should be added. Axe the entire faux youth academy feature. >>>They might need to pay for that to clubs if im not mistaking

- Focus a bit more on the coaches and use actual names. >>For my player mode?

- Make the club kits more customizable. The same club isn't going to wear the exact same kit for the next 15 seasons. Allow for a bevy of kit designers and front logo sponsors and bring back the feature that allows for the club to sign deals with them. >>>> Great Idea

why it always players want to leave my club , they have to make players wanting to get into my team if im doing well banana

and in Ut they should change ToTy to Totti Razz

Last edited by Epoto on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:14 am

Needs to be crazy cheats that allow players to ride motorbikes on the field.

Also, there needs to be a melee button.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:43 am

All I want is for my defensive AI to be as smart as the CPU AI. None of this defenders running to god knows where, breaking the offside trap, never blocking/intercepting passes or shots.

And to actually be able to win the ball when you make a tackle. Not "make a tackle, ball goes straight to the CPU for the assist"
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:04 am

Also, you should be able to go into "stand-off" mode in a sudden death penalty shoot out. The way it would work is that you would press a button and the GK and player shooting suddenly have revolvers and have to draw on the count of 3. :coffee:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 am

fatman123 wrote:

I think the reason they dont mess with the kits is because of liscensing and agreements between the clubs and their sponsors ie Samsung wouldnt want players to have the option of putting Bwin on a Chelsea shirt.

Meh, one can dream anyway. I just think if they are going with authenticity for this mode, a feature like that has to be in there. Hell, maybe they can just make up sponsors, but admittedly that's getting into PES territory. Just as long as some type of kit customization happens, I'd be content.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next