OLpower
Mamad
Rev
worms
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Arsene Wenger overrated?

Is Arsene Wenger overrated. Vote_lcap30%Is Arsene Wenger overrated. Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]
Is Arsene Wenger overrated. Vote_lcap70%Is Arsene Wenger overrated. Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 19 ]

Total Votes : 27

Is Arsene Wenger overrated. Empty Is Arsene Wenger overrated.

Post by worms Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 pm

IMO yes,he is extremely overrated as a coach.He has always been average tactically,showcased by him getting constantly out smarted by the likes of Alex Ferguson etc His record of 1 CL Final in about 16 years at Arsenal is poor considering some of the teams he has had at his disposal.He's had 6 or 7 years now to build a good defense and buy a good GK but he has failed miserably.Another example of Wengers limits as a coach been displayed is his total failure/unwillingness to implement a pressing sytem of the ball,Arsenal have always had the players for this and it would add another attacking dimension to their game and make them harder to play against,tonight for instance Bayern were winning 2 - 0 and for long periods were afforded the luxury of passing it along their defense unhassaled.

His main strength used to be scouting for unknown talent but since other clubs in England etc have caught up with him when it comes to scouting France for example(Newcastle),this talent of his no longer stands out and he has a much smaller pool of players to choose from,the market is now much more competitive basically,thus his transfer dealings have been very hit and miss in the last few years.

I admit he was partly responsible for introducing a more progressive style of football in the EPL and for he has done a lot of good for Arsenal in the past but IMO he has run out of ideas,I have been saying for the last 2 or 3 years Arsenal would be better getting rid and trying something new.

If he finishes 5th this year I think he will walk away.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Is Arsene Wenger overrated. Empty Re: Is Arsene Wenger overrated.

Post by Rev Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Enough of these Wenger threads Is Arsene Wenger overrated. 2276801876

Is Arsene Wenger overrated. 80871558
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 pm

He isn't overrated. just can't do anymore good with Arsenal. he should try managing another team.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Wenger main problem is that he sticks to his principles too much. His youth project has been a failure as he is unable to maintain Arsenal level these past years and his confidence about the future loyalty of his best young have not materialized into reality.

Wenger with a good squad is a great coach. But he can't make miracles. He can't beat a team like Bayern with the Squad he has now. It is just not fair. Bayern has better players everywhere.

You can only go so far with just good tactics. He is great as a coach, but average as a manager. His youth project hasn't worked, he trust player loyalty too much, and is too stubburn to change the way he manage Arsenal.

I think that without Wenger and with this squad, Arsenal fell apart and finish 8th, in my opinion.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 pm

Oh yes he is terrible. His B rated Arsenal team lost to an A rated Bayern Munich.

How could he allow such a thing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:Oh yes he is terrible. His B rated Arsenal team lost to an A rated Bayern Munich.

He could not be tactically inept?

That weren't the only reason I give anyway,that was just a tiny bit of my reasoning.Face it,he's overrated.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:Oh yes he is terrible. His B rated Arsenal team lost to an A rated Bayern Munich.

no excuse for loosing to blackburn though, and wait a minute. isnt it he who brought these players to make arsenal b rated?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Tactically inept?

What do you want him do to? He cant make Santi Cazorla go past Alaba...he cant make Podolski beat Lahm....

There is nothing he can do about the fact Bayern and better than Arsenal.

You want a team who is incapable of defending deep and compactly to do it? They have shown for years and years they cant do that.

You want them to try and press high? Bayern can escape it.

The better team won, thats the bottom line. There is only so much a coach can do.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:55 pm

REWB wrote:

no excuse for loosing to blackburn though, and wait a minute. isnt it he who brought these players to make arsenal b rated?

Who cares about some shitty FA cup...

He bought the B rated players?

Well who should be buy Van Persie and Cesc? Oh wait, he already had them and they jumped ship.

Last edited by The Franchise on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:55 pm

REWB wrote:

7/11 of the players who lost against blackburn started the year before when we won 7-1 so no it wasn't Wenger's fault
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:58 pm

FA Cup, the oldest cup competition in this sport, is being called Shitty :facepalm:

I know you hate PL and anything English Dani, but to say FA Cup is SHITTY is an absolute joke.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 pm

worms wrote:IMO yes,he is extremely overrated as a coach.He has always been average tactically,showcased by him getting constantly out smarted by the likes of Alex Ferguson etc His record of 1 CL Final in about 16 years at Arsenal is poor considering some of the teams he has had at his disposal.He's had 6 or 7 years now to build a good defense and buy a good GK but he has failed miserably.Another example of Wengers limits as a coach been displayed is his total failure/unwillingness to implement a pressing sytem of the ball,Arsenal have always had the players for this and it would add another attacking dimension to their game and make them harder to play against,tonight for instance Bayern were winning 2 - 0 and for long periods were afforded the luxury of passing it along their defense unhassaled.

His main strength used to be scouting for unknown talent but since other clubs in England etc have caught up with him when it comes to scouting France for example(Newcastle),this talent of his no longer stands out and he has a much smaller pool of players to choose from,the market is now much more competitive basically,thus his transfer dealings have been very hit and miss in the last few years.

I admit he was partly responsible for introducing a more progressive style of football in the EPL and for he has done a lot of good for Arsenal in the past but IMO he has run out of ideas,I have been saying for the last 2 or 3 years Arsenal would be better getting rid and trying something new.

So much bullshit i don't know where to start

Constantly outclassed by Ferguson? He had a better H2H against him till 2008.

6-7 years to build a good defence ? Why is there a time span ? he built a defence of Lauren-Sol-Kolo-Cole. Or are we forgetting that ? He built a defence which wet 9 CL games without conceding...

We already have a pressing system, we have had it since 2007. Watch more football, you might learn something. We finished tonight's game with 58% possession so i don't know how bayern had the luxury of passing it around their CBs ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:Tactically inept?

What do you want him do to? He cant make Santi Cazorla go past Alaba...he cant make Podolski beat Lahm....

You want a team who is incapable of defending deep and compactly to do it? They have shown for years and years they cant do that.

The better team won, thats the bottom line. There is only so much a coach can do.

Did you read my first post?

Because I made it quite clear I am not just judging him on one match,nope I am judging him over several years.

And after watching him repeatedly get outsmarted by other managers it is my opinion that he tactically inept.And this is Wengers team that was playing today,he has made every decision over the last several years to build this team so he's responsible for failing....again.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:
worms wrote:IMO yes,he is extremely overrated as a coach.He has always been average tactically,showcased by him getting constantly out smarted by the likes of Alex Ferguson etc His record of 1 CL Final in about 16 years at Arsenal is poor considering some of the teams he has had at his disposal.He's had 6 or 7 years now to build a good defense and buy a good GK but he has failed miserably.Another example of Wengers limits as a coach been displayed is his total failure/unwillingness to implement a pressing sytem of the ball,Arsenal have always had the players for this and it would add another attacking dimension to their game and make them harder to play against,tonight for instance Bayern were winning 2 - 0 and for long periods were afforded the luxury of passing it along their defense unhassaled.

6-7 years to build a good defence ? Why is there a time span ? he built a defence of Lauren-Sol-Kolo-Cole. Or are we forgetting that ? He built a defence which wet 9 CL games without conceding...

We already have a pressing system, we have had it since 2007. Watch more football, you might learn something. We finished tonight's game with 58% possession so i don't know how bayern had the luxury of passing it around their CBs ?

If that is a pressing system then it sucks.Badly.

And I watch a lot football.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:
REWB wrote:

Well who should be buy Van Persie and Cesc? Oh wait, he already had them and they jumped ship.

arsenal havent won a trophy and 8 years and here you say "who cares about the shitty FA cup?" LOOOOOL poor comment...

yeah cesc and rvp ohh MAHN!! Great arsenal team it was back then when they played for us wasnt it, we won all sorts of trophies. i still cant believe why they ever thought of leaving...

dude they left because wenger didnt built a squad good enough to fulfil their needs; they left because we weren't good enough. it is nobody’s fault but wenger's. he should have built the team to make us challenge when we had them but he didnt.

Last edited by REWB on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 pm

worms wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Tactically inept?

Did you read my first post?

Because I made it quite clear I am not just judging him on one match,nope I am judging him over several years.

And after watching him repeatedly get outsmarted by other managers it is my opinion that he tactically inept.And this is Wengers team that was playing today,he has made every decision over the last several years to build this team so he's responsible for failing....again.

Managers such as ?

The only manager i have seen tactically outsmart Arsene was Jose during his chelsea times and Ferguson recently

Last edited by RealGunner on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 pm

The Franchise wrote:
REWB wrote:

Arsenal fans?
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm

worms wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
REWB wrote:

Arsenal fans?

We have won it 11 times. 2nd highest in english history.

Arsenal fans care about any kind of trophy not FA cup specifically
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm

worms wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

You don't understand tactics or football so not worth explanation how it works
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Nasri, Fabregas, Van Persie, Song, Clichy none of them replaced with players from equal quality. How is the team supposed to sustain his level when the best players leave and are not replaced.

Van Persie can not be called a mercenary, he had good reasons to leave.

The thing is that the youth policy has backfired big time, when they reached their prime, they left because the level had already dropped. If Arsenal had kept these players like other top clubs do, they would be competing for the titles again.

Wenger shouldn't manage the club, he just should be the coach.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:
worms wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Arsenal fans?

You have won it 11 times but the last time you won it was 8 years ago,that was the last time you won something.So obviously your fans would really like to win it.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm

worms wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
worms wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Arsenal fans?

You have won it 11 times but the last time you won it was 8 years ago,that was the last time you won something.So obviously your fans would really like to win it.

yea win any trophy. We cared about the COC as much as the FA cup.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:
worms wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

You don't understand tactics or football so not worth explanation how it works

Yes I do.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:08 pm

LMAO! What a joke... Wenger is a top class coach...
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:FA Cup, the oldest cup competition in this sport, is being called Shitty :facepalm:

I know you hate PL and anything English Dani, but to say FA Cup is SHITTY is an absolute joke.

1. I been watching and loving English football long before you.

2. Its shit, dont care how old it is. Winning it means nothing, Wenger was right all those years ago sending out kids for it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum