Is there any true Trequartista left in football?

+16
Lupi
MaestroFavre
Arquitecto
The Franchise
jibers
free_cat
Sushi Master
Lunatic Fringe
Bellabong
BarrileteCosmico
Kick
Kaladin
Onyx
Valkyrja
juventus101
Targus
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is there any true Trequartista left in football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there any true Trequartista left in football?

Post by Casciavit Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Current TQs are Totti and Pjanic under Andreazzoli, Andrea Cossu of Cagliari, Ale Diamanti of Bologna, Miccoli of Palermo, Aquilani in his role for Fiorentina, Cassano for Inter (watch 2nd leg of Spurs v Inter for example), Hamsik of Napoli, Lodi of Catania, Zlatan for PSG in Ligue 1 (not UCL), Luis Suarez, Toni Kroos, Aimar for Benfica, Gourcuff for Lyon, etc etc I can name a few more.

I agree with most of those examples, Arq. But mind elaborating the ones I highlighted in Red?

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is there any true Trequartista left in football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there any true Trequartista left in football?

Post by Targus Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Targus wrote:
The Franchise wrote:So to be a trequartista you have to be

A. Lazy?

B. Have funtional but less talented teammates who dont have the capacity to create?

Then good, they are "gone" in my opinion.

of course not, I think that you don't like Italian football, if you did I think you would know for what kind of trequartista I was talking for,
its that kind of player that doesn't have many defensive responsibilities, the player who runs and dribbles, has perfect shot technique, doesn't score very often but makes scoring chances, and is able to play behind the strikers and on both sides depending on his shooting foot.
Have you seen ADP or Totti play, they were the typical Italian trequartista players.

First of all, dont jump to silly conclusions. I dont like Italian football? Please be quite.

A player who doesnt have defensive responsibilities? Usually given to the most talented players at the times and not by accident, they are also the most lazy. Thats not really debateable. Totti is and always has been lazy.

i said my opinion, you can like it or not, del piero wasnt lazy, even when he was 36 he would go and take the ball from the defense, this is a true trequartista
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:55 am

Did I say Del Piero was lazy?

Either he had defensive responsibilties (because he was capable of it) or he was lazy...choose one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Cassano and Rooney are two good examples of TQs and ofc Totti ... From ITaly, Miccoli and Lodi are two of them, however Hamsik has too much defensive responsibility for me to be considered a TQ...
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:39 pm

tuddor wrote:Cassano and Rooney are two good examples of TQs and ofc Totti ... From ITaly, Miccoli and Lodi are two of them, however Hamsik has too much defensive responsibility for me to be considered a TQ...

Rooney a TQ rofl

How many United games have you watched?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:02 pm

More than you think... If you watched him this season and think he was very different this season from Cassano or Totti for example you watched wrong games (not counting Bernabeu and Etihad games)
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:28 pm

AS i understand this role.. TQ is the man who has a free role in the team.. He has to dictate the attacks in the last quarter (that's the origin of the word), you have to run with the ball, make defense split passes, take shots,free kicks, run onto balls.. You must have exceptional awareness and composure in the last quarter, and make the right decision. Must know when to pull the trigger with a shot and when to put a teammate in a goal scoring position with a pass through the defense.. you need perfect timing and see the game in advance... The goal scoring part is also very important.. You have no defensive responsibility, and require midfielders to make the attacks until a certain point..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm

How i describe a trequartista:
A skilled attacker who usualy plays in a 4-4-2 formation behind a prima punta (classic nr.9) and creates chances with his superb dribbling,passing and shooting skills.
Probably the best TQ ever is Del Piero.
Trequartisti are mostly used in Italy because the strong defenses you needed a strong nr.9 and a tq to organize your attack.
Today there are few TQ but the game has changed and trequartisti don't have the same impact in the game.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 pm

The Franchise wrote:Did I say Del Piero was lazy?

Either he had defensive responsibilties (because he was capable of it) or he was lazy...choose one.

i said that ADP was a TQ and he wasnt lazy.
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3