Donuts
Swanhends
DeletedUser#1
Onyx
Dnmac4
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL

Post by nasir6371 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 am

Linesman missed Two Offside calls on the same Goal. Uefarussia Dortmund Proud #Justice4SpanishFootball and #Justice4ArabBillionaireOwners

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL - Page 2 HV0sHMa

nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL - Page 2 Empty Re: UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL

Post by dronte Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:08 am

Many of you are saying they would only have to check after a goal, but that's plain stupid because every one of the offside calls could be as bad as an offside goal. Totally unfair, not to mention the fouls inside the area. It means you would have to score even if you were called offside 10 seconds before in order to get a video review Very Happy

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 am

nasir6371 wrote:Linesman missed Two Offside calls on the same Goal. Uefarussia Dortmund Proud #Justice4SpanishFootball and #Justice4ArabBillionaireOwners

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL - Page 2 HV0sHMa

Sad #justiceforlaliga and #justiceforpellegrini
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 am

I totally agree, something needs to be done. I remember not long ago, b4 the goal line tech were finally introduced, ppl were saying this was needed for years. The governing bodies made excuses mostly saying it's hard to implement, but I dont buy that bs, with the amount of money these days and technology (numerous firms competing to make the goal line tech), aynthing can be done and implemented, games dont have to be stopped constantly, there are ways to work it out and get it done, just depend son if they really want to make it happen.

Its sad to see so many bad decisions happen in so many games...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 am

People seem to forget that Malaga's second goal was also offside Very Happy

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 am

there will always be bad refereeing. However, we can introduce technology to remove error in two cases: ghost goals and offsides. This should be ruled automatically by technology.

Then, they should consider introducing instant replay, but I'm not so sure about that.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:26 am

dronte wrote:Many of you are saying they would only have to check after a goal, but that's plain stupid because every one of the offside calls could be as bad as an offside goal. Totally unfair, not to mention the fouls inside the area. It means you would have to score even if you were called offside 10 seconds before in order to get a video review Very Happy

Offside could easily be automatic with current technology.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:55 am

There have been plenty of high-profile refereeing mistakes in the CL quarter finals so far. Here are some, off the top of my head:

1- Ibra's offside goal vs Barca.
2- Muller's offside goal vs Juventus.
3- Schmelzer punching Gamez.
4- Dortmund's 3rd goal was offside.
5- Malaga's 2nd goal was offside.

These decisions are affecting the course of the matches completely. Something needs to be done to minimize these mistakes. A challenge system similar to the one used in tennis may work.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 am

No, a challegne system like in Tennis doesn't work for offsides.
What happens if the ref whistles the offside and it wasn't?
You can't just make the players go back where they were before the offside and restart the play.
It has to be automatic.

Challenge system could work with penalty claims/fouls and agressions only.

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 am

Mad

UEFA at it again !

Last edited by Grooverider on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 am

I've been saying this ever since we got shafted by that incompetent ref. The officiating this season in the CL has been beyond sh*t.

Nani's red card. Varane not getting a red for last man tackle. Rafael's hand ball in the 2nd leg not punished. Ibra's offside goal v barca. The 2 offside goals for each team in the bvb v malaga match last night.

Just to name a few, im sure there's more.

A shambles. Sad
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:18 am

RED wrote:I've been saying this ever since we got shafted by that incompetent ref. The officiating this season in the CL has been beyond sh*t.

Nani's red card. Varane not getting a red for last man tackle. Rafael's hand ball in the 2nd leg not punished. Ibra's offside goal v barca. The 2 offside goals for each team in the bvb v malaga match last night.

Just to name a few, im sure there's more.

A shambles. Sad

Agree. Feel sorry for Malaga, they were robbed Crying or Very sad
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 am

7amood11 wrote:There have been plenty of high-profile refereeing mistakes in the CL quarter finals so far. Here are some, off the top of my head:

1- Ibra's offside goal vs Barca.
2- Muller's offside goal vs Juventus.
3- Schmelzer punching Gamez
4- Dortmund's 3rd goal was offside.
5- Malaga's 2nd goal was offside.

These decisions are affecting the course of the matches completely. Something needs to be done to minimize these mistakes. A challenge system similar to the one used in tennis may work.

I forgot about that and Gamez got the Yellow on the 62nd minute. They should have been down a man. I will try to find video/gif of it.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:41 am

1. Ibra scored an offside goal against Barca.
2. Muller scored an offside goal against Juve.
3. Santana scored an offside goal against Malaga.
4. Eliseu scored an offside goal against Dortmund.
5. It wasnt a straight red, but Schmelzer shouldve had a second yellow.
6. Ribery shouldve got a straight red for his horror tackle on Vidal, but a foul wasnt even called.
7. Lichsteiner had a legitimate penalty claim but got a yelliw for supposedly diving.
8. Gustavo got a yelliw for diving when it was a legitimate foul right outside the penalty area.

Did i miss any?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:43 am

juventus101 wrote:1. Ibra scored an offside goal against Barca.
6. Ribery shouldve got a straight red for his horror tackle on Vidal, but a foul wasnt even called.
7. Lichsteiner had a legitimate penalty claim but got a yelliw for supposedly diving.
8. Gustavo got a yelliw for diving when it was a legitimate foul right outside the penalty area.

Did i miss any?

Plenty, I'm sure

But what does listing them accomplish? There's still no reasonable way to review non-goal decisions
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:45 am

How is there not a reasonable way to review things like Riberys shouldve-been red card for example?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:35 pm

This is going to sound ridiculous what with all the missed calls but I don't think refereeing decisions have resulted in an undeserving team actually advancing yet.

I mean Malaga were in a very comfortable winning position, they should have been able to hold out for a few minutes if they wanted to be in the semis. United were down to 10 on a 50/50 call but they were still ahead and could have held on but instead they folded like a house of cards in the span of something like 6 minutes. Messi's second goal against Milan was offside but Milan had their golden chance to get the away goal with a 1v1 and they couldn't take advantage, they pretty much let Barca walk all over them after that. It's widely agreed upon that Juventus had one of their worst games in Munich in which they created almost nothing in attack. They conceded the fastest CL goal this season (I think) and while they are unlucky to be 2-0 down right now you have to feel that had they played better in the first place they wouldn't be in their position, a 2-1 would have been a very good result for them.

Mind you I'm not saying that officiating has been good, it's obviously been bad but you can't say that calls took the possibility of getting the result teams wanted out of their hands. Officiating has been bad for years now but this year it's been more than just the customary Uefalona scandal that happens every year. (Come to think of it Barca haven't had a high profile botched call go their way yet hmm PSG Sad )
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:43 pm

I think it did directly result in alot.

Bayern should be without Ribery in the second leg, and Juve should have Lichsteiner. Mullers second goal was also offside. We could also argue that we shouldve had a penalty and then the forst leg wouldve ended 1-1. Those are HUGE factors. Im not saying ahit like Pellegrini did, but to say they havent affected the outcomes of the games are just wrong.

United were in full control of the game against Real until that red card. After it, 10 men against a team of Real Madrids stature, almost all teams would at least concede one. Okay, United couldve done better than they did, but it was still a big factor.

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Zealous wrote:This is going to sound ridiculous what with all the missed calls but I don't think refereeing decisions have resulted in an undeserving team actually advancing yet.

Laughing

Its so funny you really believe that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Bore off eco smile

I saw you raging after we beat United so I know your stance on that game. I wonder if you believe that there are legitimate claims that Barca's CL wins are a farce as well hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:09 pm

juventus101 wrote:I think it did directly result in alot.

Bayern should be without Ribery in the second leg, and Juve should have Lichsteiner. Mullers second goal was also offside. We could also argue that we shouldve had a penalty and then the forst leg wouldve ended 1-1. Those are HUGE factors. Im not saying ahit like Pellegrini did, but to say they havent affected the outcomes of the games are just wrong.

I more or less agree with you about the harsh calls against Juve. The possible red card is huge. But Juventus could have avoided the first goal and we can all agree that Juventus didn't play to their usual level on the night. Like I said a 2-1 was still possible.

juventus101 wrote:United were in full control of the game against Real until that red card. After it, 10 men against a team of Real Madrids stature, almost all teams would at least concede one. Okay, United couldve done better than they did, but it was still a big factor.

The red was a 50/50, Nani kicked a player in the chest with his studs, there is always a chance a ref is going to make a decision there. It changed the match for sure but Madrid had already scored a goal that was harshly disallowed, Rafael stopped a 100% goal with his arm on the goal line and no red and penalty was given. Still after all that, United were still capable of going through had they not gave up as easily as they did.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm

You could of played another hour against Utd and you wouldnt of scored. How with a straight face you can say what you did I dont know. If you dont think its an unfair decision, so be it, but no question if not for the red you arent here today.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm sure Mourinho would have made changes to try and create better chances/get through Man Utd's defense. We wouldn't be just doing the same thing all game.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 pm

juventus101 wrote:1. Ibra scored an offside goal against Barca.

Did i miss any?

yilmaz getting a yellow for "diving" when Ramos caught him which made him miss the second leg
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Good for you, still wouldnt of scored.

Mourinho's attacking changes consist of, bring on guy A for guy B and whatever happens, happens.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 pm

You feed on other peoples mishaps. Ive said like dozens of times before. Just like in football.

Getting old already.

the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next