Donuts
Swanhends
DeletedUser#1
Onyx
Dnmac4
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL Empty UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am

I don't know if UEFA is racist like another thread states but I do know they need to get a handle on the awful officiating of these games. I have seen certain games in the CL in the past that have been officiated poorly but this whole tournament has been a sham this year.

Almost every game I watch there are CLEAR decisions the refs miss and they are 2 feet away staring at them. And it is costing teams progression and lots of money not to mention at the end of the day coach's jobs.

Furthermore every game is officiated totally different. You have to give it to the players as they have to adjust every game because every ticky tack foul might get called one game or studs up tackles may be ignored in other games like the Dortmond game today. There were 3-4 Red card worth tackles that weren't even fouls not to mention 2 offside's goals.

For whatever reason the CL is now the biggest showpiece the sport of football has not the World Cup anymore. They cannot keep letting it be ruined by awful officiating. Every game it feels like there is some shocking call that with these teams so evenly matched can turn a tie on it's head.

I'm the first one to give the officials slack as they have a very tough and near impossible job and mistakes will be made but they can't be made so often that the showpiece of the sport looks like it could be fixed. The NBA has had that undercurrent for a while and it hurt the game.

Also I have never watched a sport where the communication between the officials is as poor as it is in big time football. IT's almost like the side judges are not even there.

I don't have any answers except to put technology in the game for offsides and if the ball crosses the goal line at least the offsides technology would cut down on a ton of horrible calls.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL Empty Re: UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:38 am

Ref's aren't always going to be perfect and there's pressure on them to make the correct decision.

If instant replay was introduced, it'd mean there's no mistakes.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL Empty Re: UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:51 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Ref's aren't always going to be perfect and there's pressure on them to make the correct decision.

but then games are stopped every second n no doubt they'll have commercials during those stops and make football like AMERICAN FOOTBALL.

unwatchable and stopped every 3 minutes.

no thank you

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:54 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Ref's aren't always going to be perfect and there's pressure on them to make the correct decision.

Yea, I've never seen a perfect refereed game. So mistakes will come but this year they have been ten fold.

Of course mistakes will still be made with technology but offside goals are very easily fixable.

I know people love the flow of the game and don't want interruptions but an offside goal can cause so many different outcomes it's incredible. So if they can get a handle on that then the ref's would have more freedom to ref the play of the game.

As of right now it should be said that they cannot keep up with the speed of the game and they can't get a handle on getting the off or on side goals decisions correct anymore.

Again there is no perfect answer, but it cannot continue to go on like this when there are so many solutions out there being ignored.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 am

"CLEAR" decisions...if you can stop to watch the replay in slow-motion from different angles and pause when you want
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:58 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:

but then games are stopped every second n no doubt they'll have commercials during those stops and make football like AMERICAN FOOTBALL.

no thank you

The game stops after every goal. And the announcer can show you a perfect angle instant replay seconds after the goal. There is no reason that cannot be implemented.

Some of these excuses remind me of the people who argue against a college football playoffs. And they pretend there are all these huge stumbling blocks that just can't be overcome.

To get the offsides goals situation under control it wouldn't slow down the game much at all. I mean really how many goals are there per game? To act like it will turn into an American Football broadcast is a little overdoing it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:04 am

Swanhends wrote:"CLEAR" decisions...if you can stop to watch the replay in slow-motion from different angles and pause when you want

Agreed the viewer at home has a much better vantage point then the ref on the filed these days. Totally agree with you. All the more reason to implement technology into the game FFS.

This isn't a pro-any team thread. The tackles were happening in both directions. And to not even card some of them was insane. Some of you may say that is how it used to be and that's how you like it, that would be fine with me too, but it's just not how they officiate the game anymore. There needs to be some type of consistency.

I mean it's not just today this whole tournament has been officiated awfully and the funny thing is at the end of these games both teams thought the ref favored the other team. That's when you know it's just bad all around.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:10 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:

no thank you

It would depend on how it's implemented. When replays are show, that time can maybe be used for the instant replay. Or maybe a team can have a certain amount of decisions they can appeal.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:10 am

Pay the refs more, punish them more for blatant mistakes.
pay rise = more competitive refs = fairness.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:11 am

I agree completely. Technology in football should've been implemented a good while ago, considering how advanced the world is and how much $ is invested into the beautiful game..

Another thing is that we would be able to judge the ability and competence of referees and linesman better, because there would be playback to each of their decisions, and it might put more pressure on them to perform and be as objective as possible
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by abetelle Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:16 am

You could actually put a RFID sensors each player's kit and you could very accurately determine offsides. Same technology as the goal line technology being proposed for the Confederations Cup.

abetelle
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:16 am

Donuts wrote:Pay the refs more, punish them more for blatant mistakes.

True, I cringe when I hear these refs have other jobs.

It just is such an obvious way to corrupt a Ref. BTW in large I don't think ref's are "cheating" or have been bought. I just think they do it part time and are just not as good as they should be as in football the ref is so influential in a match.

In the States the refs for all the major sports are professional refs. They don't have day jobs and they practice there craft all the time as it's there job. I think Europe needs to endorse that rule ASAP.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:27 am

Think reviews of goal decisions are the only thing feasible without a significant interruption to the game
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:28 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
Donuts wrote:Pay the refs more, punish them more for blatant mistakes.

True, I cringe when I hear these refs have other jobs.

It just is such an obvious way to corrupt a Ref. BTW in large I don't think ref's are "cheating" or have been bought. I just think they do it part time and are just not as good as they should be as in football the ref is so influential in a match.

In the States the refs for all the major sports are professional refs. They don't have day jobs and they practice there craft all the time as it's there job. I think Europe needs to endorse that rule ASAP.
This

Refereeing even at the lowest level in america pays very good

Each MLS game is 1100 dollars a game on average to ref (profit) at the very least.. if I remember my ref class correctly.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:58 am

ya, refs should be payed more and held more accountable for their actions as some have stated already.

that being said i havent noticed a significant increase in wrong decisions, seems to be in the norm for me, which can be summed up in the sense that all refs are human and will occasionally make mistakes.

but outside of the norm? no i dont think it has been this season. and i am not for technology in football.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:14 am

All this technology wouldn't come cheap, you know.
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:00 am

all they need to do is do a goal review FFS, 30 seconds wouldnt hurt at all
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 am

MaraVilla wrote:all they need to do is do a goal review FFS, 30 seconds wouldnt hurt at all

i know im using a slippery-slope fallacy

BUT, its not difficult to see the possibility of a slippery slope in this situation. 30 seconds for every goal line decision, then its 30 seconds for every offside decision, then 30 seconds for every out of bounds decision, 30 seconds for every foul, then its 30 seconds for TV timeouts and BAM now football=basketball

over exaggeration, but you get my point the more absolute pinpoint perfection you require, the more and more people would want it to be applied.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:38 am

This has been said in every similar thread but ill say it again. Im not sure what sport it is but every team gets two chances to dispute the ref's decision. If the replays show that the ref was wrong the team keeps it's chance, but if the ref was right then the team loses one of these two chances. That would limit the amount of times the games are stopped because coaches will only dispute clear game changing mistakes. The refs will be more motivated to actually do their jobs as well
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:40 am

vanDEEZ wrote:
MaraVilla wrote:all they need to do is do a goal review FFS, 30 seconds wouldnt hurt at all

i know im using a slippery-slope fallacy

BUT, its not difficult to see the possibility of a slippery slope in this situation. 30 seconds for every goal line decision, then its 30 seconds for every offside decision, then 30 seconds for every out of bounds decision, 30 seconds for every foul, then its 30 seconds for TV timeouts and BAM now football=basketball

over exaggeration, but you get my point the more absolute pinpoint perfection you require, the more and more people would want it to be applied.

i know what you mean but we should alteast consider the rugby method.

In rugby league the video referee can be called upon by the match official to determine the outcome of a possible try.

it would atleast cancel out most if not all the dodgy calls

MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:52 am

30 seconds is about the average goal celebration, so while we are pointlessly watch someone celebrate they could have someone review the goal and determine whether or not it is real..

This incident happened when Mexico faced Argentina, World Cup 2010, and Tevez scored a goal which was very offside and stupidly the stadium showed a replay of the incident even the ref saw it (while Argentina was celebrating) and did nothing about it but look like a jackass while Mexico players crowded him to show him the screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds2ALlHHCXI
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:59 am

A challenge system with a limited number of instant reviews by each team is the way of the future.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 am

One of the most important lessons in life is that the world is unfair and s*** happens.

Do you really want to take an important life lesson like that out of football?

UEFA should work harder to get the referees on the same page though as well as remove those two useless referees behind the goals.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:14 am

Phritz wrote:One of the most important lessons in life is that the world is unfair and s*** happens.

Do you really want to take an important life lesson like that out of football?
That's not a life lesson, that's a life problem.

Distant volcano explodes sending a giant rock flying thousands of miles onto your house = shit happens.

Poor refereeing = preventable problem.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 am

Linesman missed Two Offside calls on the same Goal. Uefarussia Dortmund Proud #Justice4SpanishFootball and #Justice4ArabBillionaireOwners

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL HV0sHMa
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next