Donuts
Swanhends
DeletedUser#1
Onyx
Dnmac4
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL

Post by the xcx Wed 10 Apr - 14:40:12

You feed on other peoples mishaps. Ive said like dozens of times before. Just like in football.

Getting old already.

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA need to get a grip on the horrible officiating in the CL

Post by VivaStPauli Wed 10 Apr - 14:43:35

juventus101 wrote:1. Ibra scored an offside goal against Barca.
2. Muller scored an offside goal against Juve.
3. Santana scored an offside goal against Malaga.
4. Eliseu scored an offside goal against Dortmund.
5. It wasnt a straight red, but Schmelzer shouldve had a second yellow.
6. Ribery shouldve got a straight red for his horror tackle on Vidal, but a foul wasnt even called.
7. Lichsteiner had a legitimate penalty claim but got a yelliw for supposedly diving.
8. Gustavo got a yelliw for diving when it was a legitimate foul right outside the penalty area.

Did i miss any?

Yes. That entire match was horribly officiated. Chiellini had his hands and elbows in Mandzukics face all night, Ribéry should've been sent off, Müllers goal was offside, Vidal should've been sent off, etc. etc. etc. - that entire match was something you couldn't fix with technology or anything. That ref was just incredibly incompetent, and he hurt both teams.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 10 Apr - 14:44:34

The Franchise wrote:You could of played another hour against Utd and you wouldnt of scored. How with a straight face you can say what you did I dont know. If you dont think its an unfair decision, so be it, but no question if not for the red you arent here today.

Perhaps, but we'll never know for sure. I don't like getting into discussions on what could have happened, I can only talk about how I feel while watching and while watching I felt it was possible that Madrid would score. We still had options on the bench and while we were looking elimination in the face it wasn't all said and done. This is football after all and anything could have happened.

I get the feeling the call itself gets so much attention not because it was a terrible call but because it pretty much meant that United's one dimensional game plan completely fell apart. The red was not an unreasonable one given what Nani did and how he acted after the incident (rolling around pretending he was hurt Laughing) I felt that it was a harsh red but easily a yellow and given the view the ref had of the incident a red was always going to be a possibility.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed 10 Apr - 14:45:35

BTW Juve v Bayern tonight officiated by a Spaniard.
Whoever progresses to have half their squad suspended. GET INNNN
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 10 Apr - 14:49:34

VivaStPauli wrote:BTW Juve v Bayern tonight officiated by a Spaniard.

rofl unless it is Lahoz you can bank on dozens of yellows and a couple of reads. They will also wrongfully call offside when it shouldn't and stop the play at every second. God bless Bayern and Juve players.

if you think the officiating have been poor so far just face a spanish reff and you'd probably switch off the tv in disgust
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 10 Apr - 14:51:46

I aint got much intrest in going over it, its done now. I just dont agree with your original statement.

There is one team right now in the semi final who shouldnt be there because of a ref. Thats all I really have to say about it without going backwards and forwards on pointless stuff.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 10 Apr - 14:57:50

Fair enough. I seriously don't agree with you though, Madrid being in the semis is not undeserved at all if you ask me. I guess we can leave it at that.

Last edited by Zealous on Wed 10 Apr - 15:00:51; edited 2 times in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 10 Apr - 14:58:09

VivaStPauli wrote:BTW Juve v Bayern tonight officiated by a Spaniard.

Not just any Spanish ref either, Carlos Velasco Carballo is a card machine. Truly a booking phenomenon. In his last 9 games he's handed out no less than 55 yellow cards and 4 red cards.

To be fair to him though he does seem to be a bit more lenient in the European games he officiates. In the last 3 Champions League games he's been in charge of he's handed out 8 yellow cards which is about an average of 3 per game.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed 10 Apr - 15:41:47

juventus101 wrote:How is there not a reasonable way to review things like Riberys shouldve-been red card for example?

So in your plan, how does this work?

1) Ribery's tackle occurs
2) Ref makes no call
3) Conte throws a challenge flag or something?
4) Ref stops the game to go consult video evidence
5) Ref either upholds or overturns original decision

So do we just stop the clock during this time? Keep it running and add it all to extra time?

You would be creating stoppages in the game, which would lead to commercials and other crap that football is thankfully free from currently

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed 10 Apr - 15:43:53

Oh, i misunderstood.you. i meant just review it between us, as in on the forum talk about it.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed 10 Apr - 20:53:36

Mnazdukic gets a yellow card for Chiellini kicking him. Now he misses the 1st leg of the semi if Bayern progresses.

Laughable.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 10 Apr - 21:36:06

RED wrote:Mnazdukic gets a yellow card for Chiellini kicking him. Now he misses the 1st leg of the semi if Bayern progresses.

Laughable.

Yeh, that was poor decision. scratch

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3