Artilleristen
Wilson37
Ali
REWB
10 posters

Go down

Wojciech Szczesny Empty Wojciech Szczesny

Post by REWB Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:36

lol, what happen to him? And do you think he still has a future with us?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Wojciech Szczesny Empty Re: Wojciech Szczesny

Post by Ali Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:45

Of course he still has a future with us, he's one of the most promising goalkeepers in the world and is still a very able goalkeeper on his day. The lads dripping with confidence, but he just had a poor run of form and Wenger intervened and put in Fabianski, who is also a very good goalkeeper. Then, Fabianski put in a string of great, great performances including keeping a clean sheet away at the Allianz Arena and only conceding 3 goals in 5 matches.

How do you expect Wenger to put Szczesny back in so soon? It would be poor man-management of him. This move by Wenger has been excellent, with competition necessary to promote from with-in the club. Everybody has to fight for his position, and everybody has to perform at an Arsenal level.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 12:04

Totally agree with Ali..
Fabianski has not shown anything to say that he is better than Sczeny.. He has improved his command in the area but still shows his weakness in air and corners.. Sczeny too has problems in his positioning and decision making.. But for now Fabianski is just on a good run of form and it is not right to drop him when he doing good.. Sczeny is just 21 and he needs to patiently wait for his chances which will surely come by again...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon 15 Apr 2013, 14:42

Wilson37 wrote:Totally agree with Ali..
Fabianski has not shown anything to say that he is better than Sczeny.. He has improved his command in the area but still shows his weakness in air and corners.. Sczeny too has problems in his positioning and decision making.. But for now Fabianski is just on a good run of form and it is not right to drop him when he doing good.. Sczeny is just 21 and he needs to patiently wait for his chances which will surely come by again...

remember how impatient szny is? what if fabi continues his form to next season? or we buy a new gk? i cant see him staying on the bench for more than a season without wanting to go.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Mon 15 Apr 2013, 15:53

REWB wrote:

remember how impatient szny is? what if fabi continues his form to next season? or we buy a new gk? i cant see him staying on the bench for more than a season without wanting to go.
I'm hoping that playing Fab, is an attempt at squeezing more value out of him, but I do think that the problem with arsenal is that there is the midfield, not the defense.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 16:38

REWB wrote:

attitude plays a big part in creating great players... he needs to ask his father to shut up.. and he himself is a big mouth.. i remember him publicly complaining that Wenger has forgotten him when he was the 4th choice... Neither the team or the player will benefit if we keep playing him just to keep him happy.. Fabianski and Mannone deserve their chances too.. and just because he has stated that he wants to play for Arsenal for a long time doesnt mean we have to play him.. he will have to earn your place.. and if not successful, move for your own good.. like Vela, Lansbury, etc..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Mon 15 Apr 2013, 17:58

Wilson37 wrote:
REWB wrote:

attitude plays a big part in creating great players... he needs to ask his father to shut up.. and he himself is a big mouth.. i remember him publicly complaining that Wenger has forgotten him when he was the 4th choice... Neither the team or the player will benefit if we keep playing him just to keep him happy.. Fabianski and Mannone deserve their chances too.. and just because he has stated that he wants to play for Arsenal for a long time doesnt mean we have to play him.. he will have to earn your place.. and if not successful, move for your own good.. like Vela, Lansbury, etc..
Yet the team was suppossed to wait almost 2 years for Ramsey to start to be playable, but Szcz has to shape up w/ in a season. WTF, I think the reason he has looked bad has more to do w/ who is in defense, than his play. He should be angry Fabianski isn't good enough I really hope Wenger is only playing him to trick someone into paying to much money for him.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 15 Apr 2013, 18:07

What am I reading? You'd think Szczesny was Almunia 2,0 the way people are describing his season thus far
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 18:27

had a text saying he's been approached by Atletico Madrid :coffee:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Mon 15 Apr 2013, 18:29

Should remain No.2 till Fabianski screws up or gets injured this season, but don't think he deserves all the stick he's getting atm.
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon 15 Apr 2013, 21:11

Lex wrote:What am I reading? You'd think Szczesny was Almunia 2,0 the way people are describing his season thus far

Yeah, although I'm sure it's just over-exaggeration from their side.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 15 Apr 2013, 21:47

For me, not good enough to start at Arsenal... i never thought he had the quality.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon 15 Apr 2013, 21:50

sportsczy wrote:For me, not good enough to start at Arsenal... i never thought he had the quality.

He's an excellent shot-stopper, especially at his age, his bad run of form wasn't even THAT bad. He oozes with confidence and is mentally very able.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 15 Apr 2013, 21:58

He's decent... but again, he is not a top talent at keeper. For starters, he is terrible at controlling his box. It's one of the big reasons Arsenal concede so much on free kicks. The defenders are defending almost up to the goal line. That just can't happen at a club like Arsenal.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 15 Apr 2013, 22:01

Don't think you can blame conceding set piece goals on Szczesny
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon 15 Apr 2013, 22:41

Yeah you can. We set up our zonal marking too low. If you have a De Gea, Lloris or Hart, you push that zone further out. Players get running starts at the defense as a result as opposed to getting picked up sooner.

it comes down to how much confidence you have in your keeper in certain areas. It's obvious that Wenger and staff have very low confidence in his ability to control the air on set pieces and, thus, defend they way they do.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue 16 Apr 2013, 04:25

REWB wrote:remember how impatient szny is? what if fabi continues his form to next season? or we buy a new gk? i cant see him staying on the bench for more than a season without wanting to go.
Isn't Fabianski's contract up at the end of the season anyway? Maybe we'll buy a keeper if we don't come to an agreement to renew it, but honestly unless we sell Mannone too I'm not expecting Arsene to get another GK. Szczesny is definitely our long-term solution and has come out a couple of times and said he has no intention of leaving just because he has been dropped for a few games, so whether anyone likes it or not, I definitely expect him to be our number 1 for many years to come, and honestly people are overreacting about that being a 'bad' thing.

As for Fabianski, I am completely fine with him taking the reigns for now. He is a very underrated keeper and just as good as Szczesny. I hope he can stay clear of injuries and have a great career somewhere else if he does go.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 16 Apr 2013, 15:39

Agree with Eman, I hope we keep him if he's happy not to start every game till he's completely ready. I think he can learn a few more aspects from an experienced goalkeeper we should sign this summer, but if it doesn't happen it won't be a terrible decision to keep him as the first keeper. He's far too much exposed by our terrible defending. I want to see him tonight against Everton how he does with a better defence in Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta and Ramsey.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down