Gerrard testimonial

+2
RedOranje
Art Morte
6 posters

Go down

Gerrard testimonial Empty Gerrard testimonial

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Liverpool have announced that Steven Gerrard is to be rewarded for his loyalty to the club with a testimonial match against Olympiakos.

The match against the Greek giants - who Gerrard dramatically netted against in the knockout stages of Liverpool's triumphant 2004-05 Champions League campaign - will take place on August 3 at Anfield.

"I am delighted to be honoured by Liverpool with a testimonial match and particularly thrilled that Olympiakos have accepted my invitation to play the fixture," Gerrard told the club's official website.

"Last time we met proved to be such a memorable game both for me personally and Liverpool.

"I am also especially grateful that Olympiakos have truly embraced the aim of this match and chosen to donate their fee to charity. I am looking forward to what I know will be a fantastic game and a wonderful occasion."

Liverpool will give a portion of the money raised from the match to The Steven Gerrard Foundation, a charity for disadvantaged youngsters, with Olympiakos opting to donate their appearance fee to local Greek charities.

Thumbs up

A friendly worth watching.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Gerrard testimonial Empty Re: Gerrard testimonial

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:40 pm

At first reading it completely slipped my mind that LFC do testimonials for reasons other than retirement/exit and I nearly slipped into panic mode... DTOR set me straight though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:29 am

:bow: :bow: good stuff. Well deserved too. At seasons end Gerrard would have been our club captain for 10 years. He will officially be the clubs longest serving captain. Surpassing Alex Raisbeck (1899-1909) who wore the armband for a little more than 9 years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:37 am

Anyone else wonder if Torres will play in this? If so, Suarez + Torres in the same team. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 am

Would love to see Torres, Luis Garcia, Hyypia, Alonso, Dudek, Riise, Kuyt, Fowler, Owen (yes even him), Babel, Aurelio, Finnan, Maxi, Bellamy, Kewell, Masch, Crouch, Benayoun, Morientes, Meireles, Cisse, Baros, Murphy, Zenden, Biscan, Smicer, Pongolle, Henchoz, Babbel, Berger, Litmanen, McAllister and whoever else that's brought us joy over the Gerrard years. (And Djimi Traore and Heskey cheers ). Another hero of that match Neil Mellor as welll :bow:

And obviously Carra since he'll be retired by then, and many of the guys on the current team.

Reina/Dudek
Finnan - Carra - Hyypia - Riise
Gerrard - Alonso
Kuyt - Suarez - Garcia
Torres
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarRy-_-GranT Sat May 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Yep im going to that deffo !
BarRy-_-GranT
BarRy-_-GranT
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Barry Thumbs up You one lucky mofo you know that Proud This game will be amazing. Do you live in Liverpool?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarRy-_-GranT Sat May 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Yes i do, i was at the 1st game in 2004/05 Amazing !
BarRy-_-GranT
BarRy-_-GranT
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Cool stuff and welcome to the forum Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 11, 2013 1:49 pm

BarRy-_-GranT wrote:Yes i do, i was at the 1st game in 2004/05 Amazing !

You got to see the comeback live Proud I can only imagine watching that Gerrard winner live in the stadium
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 11, 2013 2:24 pm

So when does this take place?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 11, 2013 2:56 pm

Right now it's scheduled for August 3rd. I don't know if it's subject to change or not. So it's right after we return from out Australian trip.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:18 am

England and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has been made a founding partner of the Alder Hey Children's Charity after donating £500,000 raised from his testimonial match earlier this year.

"It's a great privilege to be able to be involved with Alder Hey and their charity," Gerrard told the Liverpool Echo.

"The work they do is phenomenal and the new build looks set to be even more impressive, and maybe a little less daunting visually for the children.

"I've visited Alder Hey on many occasions, and whilst the children and their families are going through such difficult times, you can also see how much work goes into making it as comfortable as possible for them.

"The children are the inspiration and will always continue to be, even with helping in the design of the new hospital, that's what makes it so special.

"I'm honoured to have been chosen as a founding partner, and an ambassador, it's a charity very close to my heart as it helps so many."

The 33-year-old Anfield legend thanked everyone who helped to raise the funds.

He added: "The money we have donated from my foundation was raised during my testimonial earlier this year.

"So for all those who came along or supported me, it's nice for them to see exactly what there money has been spent on, and know that they too have all helped make this happen."

Joint chairman for Alder Hey Children's Charity Richard Mathias said: "His donation of £500,000 from his testimonial match is just phenomenal and is just the start our new campaign needed.

"Steven has been a long time supporter of Alder Hey. He regularly visits the hospital to visit the wards and talk to the children and their parents, and his presence in the hospital gives everyone such a lift every time.

"For Steven to show his support to us with this donation is going to make such a difference."

Some of the money donated will be spent on a brain scanner, which will allow surgeons to perform detailed scans of patients during operations.

Mr Mathias added: "This is a life and death piece of equipment, and because of Steven's donation, it is something our new hospital will now have.

"It will also fund a children's play area, which will provide essential respite for both patients and visitors."
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:30 am

#England captain Steven Gerrard was named as founding partner of Alder Hey Children's Charity after donating £500,000 http://po.st/gSnwn5

Smile
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:39 am

http://www.goallegacy.net/t33388-steven-gerrard
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:43 am

Red Alert wrote:#England captain Steven Gerrard was named as founding partner of Alder Hey Children's Charity after donating £500,000 http://po.st/gSnwn5

Smile

Tony Barrett
‏@TonyBarretTimes 11h Steven Gerrard has made a personal donation of £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group @HFSG_Official

Class. :bow: :bow: :bow: 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down