McAgger
Mr Nick09
Ganso
3lite
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gareth Bale vs. Marco Reus

Gareth Bale vs. Marco Reus - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Gareth Bale vs. Marco Reus - Page 2 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 11 ]
Gareth Bale vs. Marco Reus - Page 2 Vote_lcap66%Gareth Bale vs. Marco Reus - Page 2 Vote_rcap 66% 
[ 21 ]

Total Votes : 32

Gareth Bale vs. Marco Reus - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Bale vs. Marco Reus

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Reus.

Bale? Laughing Just your usual one trick pony. PL player quality has gone down over the years for the media to hype the shit out of him.

Last edited by Sushi Master on Tue May 28, 2013 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:in fifa, Bale is 86 with a potential rating above 90

damn you got me

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Tue May 28, 2013 5:25 pm

I would take a in form Nani over Bale any day.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Tue May 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Bale, all day everyday . He can do everything Rues can, and can win games single handedly . How did you figure out that reus has a better footballing IQ ? What statistics show that reus has a better footballing IQ ?. Bale is a world class player ffs. Reus is terrific but he isn't in the same league as Bale .
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 am

timzink wrote:Bale, all day everyday . He can do everything Rues can, and can win games single handedly . How did you figure out that reus has a better footballing IQ ? What statistics show that reus has a better footballing IQ ?. Bale is a world class player ffs. Reus is terrific but he isn't in the same league as Bale .

this isn't the NFL and qualitative analysis should be one of the reasons you are on the forum. reus cleverness/footballing IQ whatever you wanna call it is surely higher than bale's - based on what we've seen so far.

anyhow, reus for me without much doubt. more useful in tight spaces
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 29, 2013 8:00 am

Reus by a mile for me. Not as one dimensional and better link up player, more versatile and not one footed
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 29, 2013 2:31 pm

Basel's defense had Bale in their pocket in the first leg of their EL match (in the second he was out, unfortunately) :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelnana Fri May 31, 2013 12:51 am

I'm going to have to go with Bale. As much as I love Reus as a player and think he's awesome. This year Bale has really taken his level to stratospheric heights. He can do as much as Reus does to some level and also can change games on his own, so yeah I'll have to give it to Bale on this one.

michaelnana
Prospect
Prospect

http://www.reflap.com/michael

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri May 31, 2013 7:07 am

michaelnana wrote:I'm going to have to go with Bale. As much as I love Reus as a player and think he's awesome. This year Bale has really taken his level to stratospheric heights. He can do as much as Reus does to some level and also can change games on his own, so yeah I'll have to give it to Bale on this one.

Reus is better at everything bar shooting from long range
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Fri May 31, 2013 7:49 am

jibers wrote:
michaelnana wrote:I'm going to have to go with Bale. As much as I love Reus as a player and think he's awesome. This year Bale has really taken his level to stratospheric heights. He can do as much as Reus does to some level and also can change games on his own, so yeah I'll have to give it to Bale on this one.

I think Reus is more accurate and precise from long range where as Bale has more power.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Fri May 31, 2013 8:25 am

Reus is mentally better, creatively is miles ahead of Bale, good speed, good technique and he can hold his own finishing-wise.
However, Bale is more decisive and at the moment is too Ronaldo-like for me not to choose him. I know that form is temporary and class is permanent, but an in-form Bale as he looked this season is simply unstoppable.

Tough decision, anyway.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 31, 2013 8:40 am

in form Bale just means that he can square his shots, which are pretty destructive. he doesnt nothing else if you look carefully.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Fri May 31, 2013 9:10 am

^ Ronaldo does basically the same things and still ends up with 50+ goals a season. Bale ended up with 25 or 26 if I'm not mistaken My choice is based only on where they are right now and even though I recognize and admire Reus' talents, my choice is Bale right now. This doesn't mean that it will always stay the same, Marco Reus could easily become a 30+ goals per season player, as well as being instrumental in his team's future successes, as he has remained the main man at Dortmund (in the eventuality that Lewandowski leaves too). Reus is more beneficial to the team play. but Bale is more decisive right now. Just my opinion.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri May 31, 2013 9:44 am

AlinJ92 wrote:^ Ronaldo does basically the same things and still ends up with 50+ goals a season. Bale ended up with 25 or 26 if I'm not mistaken My choice is based only on where they are right now and even though I recognize and admire Reus' talents, my choice is Bale right now. This doesn't mean that it will always stay the same, Marco Reus could easily become a 30+ goals per season player, as well as being instrumental in his team's future successes, as he has remained the main man at Dortmund (in the eventuality that Lewandowski leaves too). Reus is more beneficial to the team play. but Bale is more decisive right now. Just my opinion.

Anji I get what you are saying but you can't really compare. The freedom that Bale is afforded is ridiculous. Reus is on 19 goals this season and has to work within the limitations of Klops systems. Bale has such a high turnover. Ronaldo is not a winger and stopped being one in 2007, when he scored 23 goals for us from the wing. Similar stats all 3 of them except the degree of freedom. Reus is better than Bale and Ronaldo in 2007 imo. Better at everything but doesnt take hollwood shots. ROnaldo was essentially a false winger in 2008 and used the space created by Tevez and Rooneys runs. He was our CF in 2009 and for Madrid he is essentially a SS who makes runs to get into GS positions.

Reus is better than Bale. don't let the hype fool you. Reus is a contant danger in games, Bale isn't more decisisive by any means. Because he flops all match then scores last minute, that makes himmlook better than he is. He is a kick and rush footballer.

Avergae passing, first touch, ball control but hed has got that ping in his shooting that Ronaldo possesses, perhaps even greater. Spurs have to accomodate him and play for him, Reus is getting sinmilar statswithin a system that doesn't cater specifically to him.

Reus is superior. If he played in the premiership people would be calling him the best in the world.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Fri May 31, 2013 10:41 am

^ I am well aware of Reus' quality (I admire him and Borussia overall) and of the roles that both of them play for their respective teams.
Although I agree with the majority of the points you have made, as well as with the assessment that the comparation that I have made is a little forced, I do believe that Bale in this moment is world class, after the wonderful season he has had (I'm not saying that Reus is not world-class, but at the moment I consider Bale to be slightly better).
I despise the media for its negative impact on young players, the transfer markets and creating unnecessarily hyped players, managers and teams (I see the media as being even more detrimental to football than these artificial sugar-daddy backed clubs that keep on appearing like mushrooms after the rain) and I never let it influence my footballing opinions (unrelated, personally I believe that Neymar will be Robinho mark II, or at best a bit better than Sanchez and Pedro). Most of the time, I carefully select the channels that I gain information from and, whenever I am wrong, I do not shy away from admitting my mistakes and trying to correct them.
I don't think that Bale vs Reus is a matter of right vs wrong, but an issue of personal opinion. That is mine and it is gonna stay the same until Marco Reus or Gareth Bale prove me wrong on the football field.
Thank you for taking time to reply to my post and for making several valid points. I always love discussing opposing opinions in a civilized and well-argumented manner.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

jibers wrote:

eventhough i love reus.... bale has speed , acceleration and free kicks and headers over him too
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:07 am

Honestly I think Reus is better Laughing

Of course I watch him a lot, lot less, but I still think he's all around more talented.

I still love Bale bunches more though of course.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 am

Has anyone's opinion changed on the matter yet? I still think Reus > Bale.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:06 pm

They have different qualities. Bale is a physical beast, his technique is pretty good, and has more clutch. Reus is the more intelligent one, better passer and better technique.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Depends on the budget I had and the team I had around him. If I had an average team and I could only pick one I'd go with Bale as he could win games on his own and I'm not sure Reus is capable of that. If I was building something special with a stacked or competitive team I'd go with Reus as he would be a better cog in a collective whole.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next