Pedram
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
The_Badger
guest7
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern Empty Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern

Post by guest7 Wed May 01, 2013 6:09 pm

Most of Pep's critics critisized Pep for having everything served on a gold platter for him at Barcelona

Looking at this Bayern team, and them being favourites to win CL this season, it comes of as a coward move by Pep. He doesn't really prove anything as a manager by this switch

If Bayern wins the CL, he will just take over the best team in the world. Coward move imo to go from the "previous" best team in the world to the actual best team in the world
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern Empty Re: Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 6:12 pm

I think you don't quite understand what a coward is.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern Empty Re: Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 01, 2013 6:17 pm

He's looking to win.....not prove something to some football fan somewhere Laughing

Bayern gave him the best chance to win.

You quit one job with a company and when you decide to get a job at another company you choose to go for the offer with a lower salary because you want to prove to people that you can survive on a lower salary than you once got? Laughing

Come off it.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 01, 2013 6:17 pm

you can be a coward by being afraid of taking risks, so i'm pretty sure the word to describe guardiola with is coward

he went to a club where he had zero risks of not dominating football again

endless funds and already the best team in the world, where is the risk
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 pm

The risk is being a failure.... If Bayern wins the treble this season he has to replicate that or he's a failure.

That is a pretty high risk tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed May 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:He's looking to win.....not prove something to some football fan somewhere.

This
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed May 01, 2013 6:21 pm

I don't like Pep that much, but shocking to call him a coward.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Se7en wrote:you can be a coward by being afraid of taking risks, so i'm pretty sure the word to describe guardiola with is coward

he went to a club where he had zero risks of not dominating football again

endless funds and already the best team in the world, where is the risk

Which big achieving manager does take risks like that?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 01, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm with Mole, when you replace the manager of a team that has literally won a league, a cup, and made a CL final (possibly winning it as well) every error you make will be criticized five times as hard.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 01, 2013 6:29 pm

...but if you win, you literally have done nothing to the team, seeing how they already were the best team in the world anyway... (and he should win, bayern ARE the best team in the world right now)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 01, 2013 6:30 pm

He's not a builder... he likes projects that are ready-made obviously. I don't know if you can be called a complete manager until you build a team up. I don't mean taking a talentless team and getting them WC only. It could also be taking an underachieving team, tweaking the players with some buy/sell and getting them to WC.

Not saying he doesn't have the ability to do these things... only that he hasn't had to in his 2 positions so far.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Were they when he agreed to take over them?

Who should he have gone to?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 01, 2013 6:36 pm

It was an easy choice but not a cowardly one.

At the end of the day, he's managed a gigantic football club and it wouldn't make sense to go after a challenge

In any profession, you spend your life trying to get to the top, he's been at the top and I imagine going down a few levels doesn't sound appealing to him.

If it was a player moving from a giant club, you wouldn't expect them to refuse another big club in favour of joining a club with a much lesser chance of winning trophies would you?

Yeah sure he's never proven himself with a lesser squad, but i'm sure he doesn't feel the need to and nor would I.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 01, 2013 6:40 pm

its not exactly the most difficult position to walk into. even if the expectations are at there highest ever i could never be convinced that walking into the best team in the world will be difficult, particularly with the addition of gotze and likely a few more players.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 01, 2013 6:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's not a builder... he likes projects that are ready-made obviously. I don't know if you can be called a complete manager until you build a team up. I don't mean taking a talentless team and getting them WC only. It could also be taking an underachieving team, tweaking the players with some buy/sell and getting them to WC.

Not saying he doesn't have the ability to do these things... only that he hasn't had to in his 2 positions so far.

Yeah because taking from Barca from 3rd in La Liga to the treble in one season was sooooooo ready made Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 01, 2013 6:54 pm

When Pep took over Bayern, they weren't the best in the World.

At Barca when he took over he rebuilt the team and did his own thing. Barca weren't the best team in the World when he took over.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 01, 2013 7:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's not a builder... he likes projects that are ready-made obviously. I don't know if you can be called a complete manager until you build a team up. I don't mean taking a talentless team and getting them WC only. It could also be taking an underachieving team, tweaking the players with some buy/sell and getting them to WC.

:facepalm: :brickwall:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Barca had most of the Spain NT team that won the Euro in 2008. That's a massive boost of confidence for those players... only thing remaining was Messi stepping up the way he has.

In a lot of ways, the Spain NT success in 2008 launched Barca, not Pep.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 pm

Barca were an absolute mess when Guardiola took over. It was a bloated squad of lazy, unmotivated underachievers.

To then mould them, within a season, in to the best club team around was outstanding, and to do so playing some of the most sumptuous football ever seen.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed May 01, 2013 7:13 pm

high risk high pay off

la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 pm

I just keep picturing Pep being frustrated and nervous that Bayern is perfect atm. It would be great for him if they lost to Barca.

What a fantastic way to retire for mr bighead though.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 pm

he didnt panic when he took over the best team in the world when he took over barca.

i dont see the logic in him panicing now taking over the best team in the world (now bayern) when hes already won everything.

same situation only now he has the experience of already managing a top team.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed May 01, 2013 10:16 pm

At least I thought this thread doesnt make sense? But then there are always different opinions I guess. He had so many choices from top clubs, and as we all know, Bayern's is the best choice under the circumstances, and it wasnt like Barca were the absolute CL favourites like thay are now when he agreed to join them. The reason were a well managed club, good players, good freedom, able to play his style, and actually practising a lot of his style from what I know, so why choose another club? Choosing the best choice is a coward doesnt make sense.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Barca weren't the best team in the World when Pep took over.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Nowhere near a coward move as I don't even have to bother explaining why as no one has convinced me yet.

An ambitious and well-calculated move fuelled by a man who wants to win it all...all over again.

I applaud him for it
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next