Off-Topic: How will City line-up under Pellegrini?

2 posters

Go down

Off-Topic: How will City line-up under Pellegrini? Empty Off-Topic: How will City line-up under Pellegrini?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Pellegrini has utilized 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1 as his formations this season, although in the past he has made space for a play-maker in Riquelme. Rumors have it that he has been asked to play 4-3-3 by Txiki & Soriano though, but I'm not sure he has the players for that (Aguero/Tevez wide? a midfield of Yaya, Silva and... Barry? can he convince Toure to go back to being a disciplined DM rather than an undisciplined, lazy CM?).

So bar a significant overhaul in the transfer market he will, at least initially, stick with the 4-2-3-1. Priorities will probably be to bring a wide player and replacement for Barry, and perhaps a 9 if Dzeko is deemed too unreliable. There are rumors that Isco will go with him to City but if so then I don't see where Silva would play.

So without new additions:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy
Barry - Toure
Milner - Aguero - Silva
Dzeko

With some new additions:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy
New CM - Toure - Silva
Milner - Aguero -New LW

What do you guys think? The more I think about it this current team seems set up to play 4-4-1-1 which is the formation that took them to success last season, but I'm not sure that falls into Txiki's football ideal, or Pelle's for that matter.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Off-Topic: How will City line-up under Pellegrini? Empty Re: Off-Topic: How will City line-up under Pellegrini?

Post by kabarca Mon May 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Pellegrini is very fond of the 4-2-2-2 and with the players city have and with the possible transfers I can definitly see city using it next season(they have used it before under Mancini)

[img]Off-Topic: How will City line-up under Pellegrini? AbEL7FOajy[/img]

This is how I see city will/should line-up next season,even if they don't get Isco and cavani tevez and Nasri would still work there
kabarca
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down