Off-Topic: How will City line-up under Pellegrini?

Go down

Off-Topic: How will City line-up under Pellegrini?

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Mon May 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Pellegrini has utilized 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-4-1 as his formations this season, although in the past he has made space for a play-maker in Riquelme. Rumors have it that he has been asked to play 4-3-3 by Txiki & Soriano though, but I'm not sure he has the players for that (Aguero/Tevez wide? a midfield of Yaya, Silva and... Barry? can he convince Toure to go back to being a disciplined DM rather than an undisciplined, lazy CM?).

So bar a significant overhaul in the transfer market he will, at least initially, stick with the 4-2-3-1. Priorities will probably be to bring a wide player and replacement for Barry, and perhaps a 9 if Dzeko is deemed too unreliable. There are rumors that Isco will go with him to City but if so then I don't see where Silva would play.

So without new additions:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy
Barry - Toure
Milner - Aguero - Silva
Dzeko

With some new additions:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy
New CM - Toure - Silva
Milner - Aguero -New LW

What do you guys think? The more I think about it this current team seems set up to play 4-4-1-1 which is the formation that took them to success last season, but I'm not sure that falls into Txiki's football ideal, or Pelle's for that matter.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Re: Off-Topic: How will City line-up under Pellegrini?

Post by kabarca on Mon May 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Pellegrini is very fond of the 4-2-2-2 and with the players city have and with the possible transfers I can definitly see city using it next season(they have used it before under Mancini)

[img][/img]

This is how I see city will/should line-up next season,even if they don't get Isco and cavani tevez and Nasri would still work there
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down