Art Morte
RedOranje
24 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Ideal Team - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideal Team

Post by Curtinho Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Within the realm of reality I'd like to see a few additions this summer:

Ivan Rakitic (fantastic player, has been linked to Liverpool already and could ease into replacing Gerrard as he ages)

Daley Blind (a bit homerish, but someone that could take over an excel as a holding midfielder and is amazing in this role -- he's also versatile and can play as a fullback if necessary)

Georginio Wijnaldum (how many times have we been linked with this guy? can they please bring him over at some point what a fantastic player with great ball skills and pace...)

I would be very happy with just these moves. I believe we are already title challengers with our current team, but these additions would put us over the top.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:13 am

Would love Rakitic myself. Been wishing for his signing for a very long time. Don't think the other two are good enough though to make it at Liverpool. At least not at this stages of their careers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:42 am

Boilesen is better than Blind (Blind's a full back first and foremost but has adapted well to a DM role) tbh.

Wijnaldum won't make it at a big club I don't think. Will probably be a big fish in a small pond at a mid-table club, though.

Wouldn't mind Clasie from Feyenoord if we were to look at the Eredivisie. He'd probably be the only one that could help out ASAP. Or I'd want the likes of Fischer, Bakkali and maybe Depay. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:45 am

RedAlert you may have a new Eredivisie buddy if El Cujo prolongs his stay Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:50 am

I HOPE SO :bow:

That's two new posters in the space of one week. El Cujo and the Raheem Sterling lad, buster. Liverpool section continues to grow. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:53 am

I seriously hope they stay. bounce
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:34 am

Don't sound that desperate, new posters and women never stay if you seem desperate - unless they're even more desperate  eco smile 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Art Morte wrote:Don't sound that desperate, new posters and women never stay if you seem desperate - unless they're even more desperate  eco smile 

Ideal Team - Page 5 Borat-thumbs
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:35 pm

By the start of next season, I think our squad will be something like this:

Goalkeepers:
Mignolet will retain the starting spot. Have you seen GKs being rotated! I think Rodgers rates Jones quiet highly.
Mignolet: Definite starter
Jones: Back-up
Ward: Depth

Wing-backs:
Johnson & Enrique will take the starting spots unless someone is bought and either is sold. I think that is rather unlikely. It will be a crucial season for Kelly as both Wisdom & Flanagan have played regularly this season and will be preferred back-ups.
Johnson: Definite starter
Kelly: Depth
Wisdom: Back-up
Enrique: Definite starter
Flanagan: Back-up

Centre-backs:
The starting spots will be a toss-up between SAS. If Ilori gets enough games and performs well during his loan, he will be considered as fourth choice. I have a feeling Coates might be sold.
Toure: Depth
Agger: Definite starter
Sakho: Definite starter
Ilori: Depth
Skrtel: Definite starter

Mid-fielders:
This includes all sorts of mid-fielder as well as players who play on the wide areas. I’m certain we will buy someone and someone with defensive prowess. Gerrard as captain might be an automatic choice but the remaining two spots will be keenly contested by the new player, Lucas, Henderson & Coutinho.
New Player: 50/50 starter
Gerrard: Definite starter
Henderson: 50/50 starter
Lucas: 50/50 starter
Allen: Back-up
Alberto: Depth
Suso: Depth (might be drafted as wide-position back-up)
Coutinho: 50/50 starter
Teixeira: Depth (might be drafted as wide-position back-up)

Wide-players:
Another area where we might, in all probability, see a new signing of first-team quality. Raheem & Coutinho will fight over the other starting spot.
New Player: Definite starter
Assaidi: Back-up
Raheem: 50/50 starter
Ibe: Depth

Forwards:
The biggest question is whether Aspas would be sold or not. I think Rodgers will keep him rather than gambling on another new player.
Suarez: Definite starter
Aspas: Depth
Sturridge: Definite starter
Borini: Back-up

I doubt we will keep a 30-man squad and players without any competitive experience (Ibe, Teixeira, Alberto) will be sent on loan. Roughly the First-XI may look like:
----------Mignolet----------
Johnson---CB---CB---Enrique
------Gerrard------DM------
New Player----AM-----Suarez
----------Sturridge----------

The potential bench might be like: Jones, Wisdom/Flanagan, Toure/Ilori, a DM, Henderson, Raheem, Borini. In a Cup game against some lower-league side, we might field a team like:
------------Jones------------
Wisdom---Ilori-SAS--Flanagan
--------Allen------DM--------
Raheem---Henderson----Borini
------------Aspas------------

Yet the bench will have likes of Kelly, Toure, Suso, Assaidi
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:39 pm

I enjoyed that post, Ifty, but I think there's too many question marks about our next season's squad for me to speculate in that much detail Smile

Like, do we make it to the Champions League, will Suarez stay, what sort of an attacking player will we buy, what about a CM, full-back, which players will leave either permanently or on loan, can Gerrard still start all games... Personally I prefer to wait at least until the season's over before starting to think our next season's squad.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:43 am

Fantastic post iftikhar. I think, unless there's a serious drop-off in his play, that Henderson will be a first team fixture and unlikely to be a 50/50 starter. It's not just his talent either, he seems to be a real leader on the field and he has a lot of drive and passion...he really seems tireless, too.

As mentioned before I think that adding depth at certain positions as well as versatility is key to a strong run next year. I am very confident that Liverpool will not only make the top 4 this year, but that they will be challenging for the title to the very end.

Again, I like Blind a lot for his versatility, and his growth as a player this year really makes me think that he can be a strong addition. I don't agree about Wijnaldum...I think he's a special player that will elevate his game when he moves to a big club (assuming he's ever bought by one). I really love the idea of having him in Liverpool as another versatile attacking player that can go wide or down the middle. Although yes, I would love to get Fischer or Depay as well...very promising young players.

Truthfully Liverpool is a young and very strong squad. Right now building elite depth as well should be a priority moving into next season if European competition is secured.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:26 am

We're seriously a Hamsik/Kroos (YES ONE "MARQUEE" SIGNING) away from title challenging properly.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:50 pm

I would take either of Hamsik or Kroos in a heartbeat. Kroos might be a more realistic target with the rumours of his discontent in Bayern this year. It would give us great depth, but who moves out of our starting 11 to make room for him? Gerrard, Henderson or Coutinho?

I would say of those 3 it would have to be Coutinho, but really I think even without a huge signing we are title challengers and maybe even European challengers next year -- we just need more solid depth. Gerrard - Henderson - Coutinho - Sterling - Sturridge - Suarez is hard to improve upon already and next year, in theory, it should only get better (with the exception of Gerrard possibly losing a step with age).

However...I was thinking this as an 'ideal' situation for this summer:

Add: Yevheniy Konoplyanka (17m), Daley Blind (6m), Calum Chambers (2m) and Toni Kroos (40m)/Ivan Rakitic (20m).

Subtract: Joe Allen (14m), Kolo Toure (4m), Daniel Agger/Martin Skrtel (17m/14m)

In: 35m/32m
Out: 65m/45m

Pretty decent difference, any extra can be spent on more depth or young players. Promote Coates, because he's talented and strong and deserves more responsibility. Have whoever is left between Agger/Skrtel start with Sakho.

Defenders: Johnson, Kelly, Enrique, Flanagan, Chambers, Agger/Skrtel, Sakho and Coates.
Midfielders: Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Blind, Kroos/Rakitic, Lucas and Texeira.
Attackers: Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge, Konoplyanka, Aspas and Alberto.

Strong team, add some depth and it's a very, very dangerous team. IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Yevheniy Konoplyanka (17m)
Ivan Rakitic (20m)
More likely than Kroos. But not sure about the price.

Joe Allen (14m)
He won't sell for that price and would be more useful as squad depth.

Kolo Toure (4m)
You crazy!!! FOUR MILLION!!!

Daniel Agger/Martin Skrtel (17m/14m)
Don't think either wants to leave or we intend to sell.

We need a DM or a defensive-minded CM.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:16 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Ivan Rakitic (20m)

Joe Allen (14m)

Kolo Toure (4m)

All of the prices are from transfermrkt; I was trying to be objective and not give my two cents on how much each player is worth.

That's what Blind is (Rakitic is effective defensively as well).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:50 am

El Cujo wrote:I would take either of Hamsik or Kroos in a heartbeat. Kroos might be a more realistic target with the rumours of his discontent in Bayern this year. It would give us great depth, but who moves out of our starting 11 to make room for him? Gerrard, Henderson or Coutinho?

I would say of those 3 it would have to be Coutinho, but really I think even without a huge signing we are title challengers and maybe even European challengers next year -- we just need more solid depth. Gerrard - Henderson - Coutinho - Sterling - Sturridge - Suarez is hard to improve upon already and next year, in theory, it should only get better (with the exception of Gerrard possibly losing a step with age).

I think Coutinho. Or even Henderson. We're going to have A LOT of games next season, and the midfield will be rotated anyway. They'll all get game time. Smile

Think the main thing here is we need SERIOUS depth. And by serious depth, I mean first team players that will improve the initial starting XI. That makes our current starting XI "squad players" and the whole squad improves as a whole. Our defence will get season naturally as the full backs (Enrique/GJ) will be back and Mignolet and Sakho would have settled. We only really need to target quality > quantity/youth right now. We have so many youth players already...

As for your ins and outs, don't forget Borini, Suso and Wisdom come back with us next season. They're ready to be "squad" players that can make a difference and even start as we'll potentially have 50+ games in all comps next season. Thumbs up
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:16 am

Red Alert wrote:Boilesen is better than Blind (Blind's a full back first and foremost but has adapted well to a DM role) tbh.

El Cujo you were right all along. :bow:

He established himself as a full back in the senior squad when he was brought up, but he was a number 6 in the academy. Would explain why he's been bossing the midfield. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Red Alert wrote:
El Cujo wrote:I would take either of Hamsik or Kroos in a heartbeat. Kroos might be a more realistic target with the rumours of his discontent in Bayern this year. It would give us great depth, but who moves out of our starting 11 to make room for him? Gerrard, Henderson or Coutinho?

I think Coutinho. Or even Henderson. We're going to have A LOT of games next season, and the midfield will be rotated anyway. They'll all get game time. Smile

Think the main thing here is we need SERIOUS depth. And by serious depth, I mean first team players that will improve the initial starting XI. That makes our current starting XI "squad players" and the whole squad improves as a whole. Our defence will get season naturally as the full backs (Enrique/GJ) will be back and Mignolet and Sakho would have settled. We only really need to target quality > quantity/youth right now. We have so many youth players already...

As for your ins and outs, don't forget Borini, Suso and Wisdom come back with us next season. They're ready to be "squad" players that can make a difference and even start as we'll potentially have 50+ games in all comps next season. Thumbs up

I agree, sorry if I wasn't clear in my post I meant that we don't necessarily need to sign another superstar player so much as we need to add first team quality depth (assuming that we are playing CL football next year) for the vast increase in workload that our team is going to be facing next year. This is why I keep bringing up Blind because, like Henderson, he is an engine of a player and is strong both defensively and going forward -- plus he is versatile as you mentioned he came up as a fullback, but has adapted to a midfield role very well this season and has been a very important player to a competitive Ajax side.

Red Alert wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Boilesen is better than Blind (Blind's a full back first and foremost but has adapted well to a DM role) tbh.

El Cujo you were right all along. :bow:

He established himself as a full back in the senior squad when he was brought up, but he was a number 6 in the academy. Would explain why he's been bossing the midfield. Very Happy

I'm a bit confused here because of what you just quoted haha, but yes Blind has been playing midfield all season and has been very successful in that role (I have a subscription to livesport Eredivisie as I'm an SC Heerenveen supporter first and foremost, but they don't have much attention tbqh). Someone I would LOVE for Liverpool to target is Finnbogason who is a phenomenal striker with little to no support, but alas...I feel as though he will go to somewhere like Everton...unfortunately.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:04 pm

El Cujo wrote:
iftikhar wrote:
Ivan Rakitic (20m)

Joe Allen (14m)

Kolo Toure (4m)

All of the prices are from transfermrkt; I was trying to be objective and not give my two cents on how much each player is worth.

That's what Blind is (Rakitic is effective defensively as well).

Rakitic will enter his last year of his contract.Cant see him consting more than 10-12 mil considering Sevilia's financial troubles.

BTW is Rakitic pure AM or can he play as CM as well?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:14 pm

BTW is Rakitic pure AM or can he play as CM as well?

The few matches I have seen, he seems to play the AM role.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:49 pm

He can play both effectively but is more natural in the AM role.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:31 pm

Mig
M.Richards-Agger-Sakho-Enrique
Hendo-Gerrard-Cou
Sterling-Studge-Su

backup:
Jones
Skrtel
Coates
Ilori
Johnson
Flanagan/Kelly/Wisdom (1 out of those three, rest 2 can be sent on loan or even sold as all I care)
Lucas
Allen
Teixeira
Alberto
Ibe
Suso
Borini
Aspas

I don't count on Assaidi though.

Not asking for much just bring a RB (Richards if possible) and maybe another signing and we're good.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Mig
M.Richards-Agger-Sakho-Enrique
Hendo-Gerrard-Cou
Sterling-Studge-Su

backup:
Jones
Skrtel
Coates
Ilori
Johnson
Flanagan/Kelly/Wisdom (1 out of those three, rest 2 can be sent on loan or even sold as all I care)
Lucas
Allen
Teixeira
Alberto
Ibe
Suso
Borini
Aspas

I don't count on Assaidi though.

Not asking for much just bring a RB (Richards if possible) and maybe another signing and we're good.

Proud

Richards is someone I've been interested in for a while. However, we've got enough CBs now and I'm not sure if Richards is the long-term right-back solution we need. Nice to see someone else rating him, too, though. I hope he moves on from City in the summer, that's one career going to waste.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:26 am

Richards is finished.

He picks up an injury every second game and can't get a consistent run in for games anymore. He WAS good, and probably still is, but he needs to leave City if he wants to fulfil the potential he once showed.

Reminds me of Michael Johnson, alas he moved when it was too late.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 am

El Cujo wrote:

I agree, sorry if I wasn't clear in my post I meant that we don't necessarily need to sign another superstar player so much as we need to add first team quality depth (assuming that we are playing CL football next year) for the vast increase in workload that our team is going to be facing next year. This is why I keep bringing up Blind because, like Henderson, he is an engine of a player and is strong both defensively and going forward -- plus he is versatile as you mentioned he came up as a fullback, but has adapted to a midfield role very well this season and has been a very important player to a competitive Ajax side.

Ah, I agree although I think we're one "superstar" player (ala Kroos/Hamsik) away from making a proper title challenge.

El Cujo wrote:
I'm a bit confused here because of what you just quoted haha, but yes Blind has been playing midfield all season and has been very successful in that role (I have a subscription to livesport Eredivisie as I'm an SC Heerenveen supporter first and foremost, but they don't have much attention tbqh). Someone I would LOVE for Liverpool to target is Finnbogason who is a phenomenal striker with little to no support, but alas...I feel as though he will go to somewhere like Everton...unfortunately.

I quoted you saying Blind was a full back first and foremost that could play the controller role as I only really followed his career in the senior squad.

It turned out he was actually a "number 6" in the youth academy (aka the opposite to what I said; he's a number 6 first and foremost that could play LB) so I was just correcting myself. I'm aware he's been played in midfield, but he's also covered the full back position when Boilesen was injured. Thumbs up

Finnbogason was rumoured to go to Inter earlier this season, there was a thread in the general section about him. Having a great time at Heerenveen. Thumbs up

http://www.goallegacy.net/t34257-alfre-finnbogason?highlight=finnbogason

Will be interesting to see how he does (and SCH, too) in Europa if they can pass the qualifier game. You're on course for Europe. Razz

I only really watch Ajax tbh. Frank de Boer's Ajax is amazing to watch. It's an advanced version of Brendan Rodgers' "death by football". Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Fingers crossed with European competition. I would love to see it, but unfortunately I have a hard time seeing Heereneveen competing hard beyond this year without Finnbogason who is almost surely gone in the summer and it seems like Ziyech will not be far behind him. Maybe some shrewd moves can be made by van Basten. Such is the life of a poor club...Razz

That said, honestly, Finnbogason would be amazing in Liverpool. His finishing ability is second to none, IMO, and with the style that Liverpool plays he would have so many chances to score and is great at attaching to through balls and getting in behind defenders.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next