BeautifulGame
VivaStPauli
Brigate Rossonere
Sushi Master
rwo power
39 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread

Post by rwo power Sun 15 Feb 2015, 10:08

@Football Enthusiast

I hope so, too.

@Fußball

Naaaa, I don't bite Razz

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread

Post by VivaStPauli Sun 15 Feb 2015, 20:55

How about that Kevin Trapp kid, huh? Doing really well for SGE in the third season in a row now. Worthy successor to the Eternal Nikolov.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun 15 Feb 2015, 21:41

Kevin Trapp had a terrific match yesterday (just like Köln's Timo Horn, by the way). Currently I think they are both by far better than Bernd Leno, who somehow has stagnated a bit. I think Trapp really should get a call-up for the German NT, but with Jogi Löw and Andy Köpke one never knows.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:04

VivaStPauli wrote:
B-Mac wrote:gotta do what we did with De Gea

let him stick it out through the good and bad...De Gea was shambolic at coming for balls in the air when he first arrived, everyone questioned him but we left him out there each week to figure it out

now he is De GOAT

This.

What about Wenger sticking with Szczesny for so long? Very Happy
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 17 Jun 2015, 04:05

Kicker.de published their Goalie ranking for the Rückrunde 2014/15:
German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Kicker10

Manuel Neuer still retained the number one ranking, although he was demoted from "world class" to "international class". The reason for that was that while he only allowed 4 goals against in the "Hinrunde", he had to live with 14 goals against in the "Rückrunde", where he also made a huge error in the match against Gladbach that led to the defeat. Kicker also argued that Bayern didn't reach any finals in the season's second half, so only the "international class" was merited for Neuer.

Ralf Fährmann only played 8 matches in the Rückrunde, so he wasn't eligible (minumum matches played for the ranking is 9), and neither Oliver Baumann nor Sven Ulreich were good enough to make the list due to their average performances.

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 8 Th-saf10
(click to enlarge)

Sources:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/629010/2/slideshow_keine-weltklasse---und-eine-offensive-der-eidgenossen.html
http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2015/06/11/sommer-pips-neuer-and-buffon-as-best-moneyball-keeper-as-de-gea-intrigue-continues-110601/
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 10:08

3 keepers with 35+ age in top 8 :bow:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Wed 17 Jun 2015, 17:05

Fußball wrote:
Gil wrote:Nearly everytime i watch Leno he's absolutely crap. Not sure why he's so highly rated.
I said the exact same during the U21 Euros (I think it was) in 2013(?). His crapness first caught my eye in 11/12 when he made several mistakes against Barca although I didn't put too much weight on it as he was very young and Leverkusen as a whole were pretty chit. But ever since I catch some of his games from time to time and he still looks chit.
It's like the more he ships past 5s and 6s, the higher he's rated. The same was inflicted on him by Moyesy's ManU the year before. Laughing
May be ppl don't take well to MAtS' strong personality, but Leno seems to be a popular choice amongst neutrals. Infact, ever since the former won the CL, they 've taken to hating the Barca keeper and favoring Leno more. But as they, therewillbehaters.  Cool

Keeping on the subject, I read on reddit that MAtS had openly challenged Neuer pre-wc for his spot, which prompted Löw to opt for the 2 lappy dogs instead. Infact , if I recall MAtS said something similar vis-a-vis Bravo. THAT nerve.

Either way I'm fascinated by the rivalry he has with Leno. And it's very evident considering they don't even look in the eye even when sharing the same space, and that video msg wishing Mats pre-CL had Leno conspicuously hiding at the back. And not to forget how he cried to the media when Mats started over him some months ago.
Looking forward to seeing who starts in goal tonight. Very Happy
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:18

Can't believe there are people who hate on MAtS. Whenever i see him speaking he seems quite humbled and motivated, I think him challenging Neuer is made up, I'm sure he'd like to be Germany #1 and recently Low and Germany GK coach spoke quite highly of him.

Last edited by Winter is Coming on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:34; edited 2 times in total
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:29

Winter is Coming wrote:Can't believe there are people who hate on MaTs.  
At least they get his name right.

It's MAtS.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:31

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Can't believe there are people who hate on MaTs.  
At least they get his name right.

It's MAtS.
That always gets me.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:35

Smile
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:39

Funny you caught that but missed this

Winter is Coming wrote:I'm sure he'd like to bed Germany #1

Laughing I fixed it tho hence the 2 edits
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 17 Jun 2015, 20:29

À bout de souffle wrote:Looking forward to seeing who starts in goal tonight. Very Happy
The right one of course banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8