BeautifulGame
VivaStPauli
Brigate Rossonere
Sushi Master
rwo power
39 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread

Post by Sushi Master Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:23 am

Hildebrand had good promise back in the day, but sadly sort of flamed out. Too much club hopping, should have stayed in the Buli!

He's still great backup, though.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:43 am

Yeah. I wouldn't want him to displace the young guns Fährmann and Unnerstall either, but I'm glad to see him in a BL team again, if only as backup. Maybe now he can find a proper team where he can get first team action again, as I think he's a bit overqualified for being a third keeper.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 pm

kicker.de published their ranking of the goalkeepers during the Hinrunde (1st half) of the Bundesliga:

World class:
- none

International class:
1. Manuel Neuer (Bayern München)
2. Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen)
3. Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund)
4. Marc-André ter Stegen (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
5. Sven Ulreich (VfB Stuttgart)

In the wider circle:
6. Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96)
7. Lars Unnerstall (Schalke 04)
8. Simon Jentzsch (FC Augsburg)
9. Thomas Kraft (Hertha BSC)
10. Diego Benaglio (VfL Wolfsburg)
11. Michael Rensing (1. FC Köln)

In the sighting field:
Jaroslav Drobny (HSV)
Tom Starke (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)
Kevin Trapp (1. FC Kaiserslautern)
Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:09 pm

RIP
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Oliver Kahn and Jens Lehmann trying to score goals.

Jens Lehmann - Doing it right

Oliver Kahn - Doing it wrong XD

Kahn: "And I thought the goalkeeper was allowed to use his hands in the penalty box..."
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:21 pm

rwo power wrote:

Kahn: "And I thought the goalkeeper was allowed to use his hands in the penalty box..."

he has a point there
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh, I almost forgot - I wanted to post the kicker.de ranking of the Bundesliga goalkeepers for the first half of the season 2011/2012:

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Gk11

Source: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/562529/2/slideshow_nummer_1_neuer_pariert_auch_lenos_angriff.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 pm

sometimes i wonder where would manuel neuer end up if

sir robert havent passed away
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:06 am

Well, Neuer was always pretty good, but Adler was originally lined up to become the next German Nr.1. Robert Enke was 32 when he died, so he wouldn't have stayed the German Nr.1 for too many more years anyway.

Neuer profitted from Adler's injury, too, although he already proved his worth in the U21 World Cup. (Actually I preferred Neuer to Adler all the time and was a bit sad when I heard that Löw wanted Adler before Neuer).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 am

Marc-André ter Stegen

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Terste10

Before Marc-André ter Stegen guarded the goal of Borussia Mönchengladbach, they conceded an average of 2.21 (62/28) goals against per match in the Bundesliga season 2010/11. Right after Favre selected ter Stegen as GK, they only got 0.5 (3/6) goals against them in the remaining 6 matches of the last season.

Currently in 2011/12, BMG's defense only allowed 12 goals against in 21 matches, which is 0.57 goals against per match. And mind you, ter Stegen had his BL debut on that matchday 29 of BL season 2010/11 at only 18 years of age. As of now he has played 27 BL matches in his career, 13 of which he completed with a clean sheet. German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 1499845164

ATM he is GK of the German U21 NT.

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 82924510

Last edited by rwo power on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 am

I moved this thread in Gen. Sec as it is too valuable for it to be removed with the other sections and threads.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:22 am

Andy Köpke stated this Saturday that at the moment the three goalkeepers for the Euro2012 campaign are Manuel Neuer (25), Tim Wiese (30) and Ron-Robert Zieler (23).

Tim Wiese will very likely be nominated as GK for the friendly against France which will be played in Wiese's home stadium in Bremen at Feb 29th, 2012.

Köpke also said that Löw wants to monitor all the German top GKs until he will nominate his Euro2012 squad in May and that he of course noticed ter Stegen's great season so far, too.

Source: http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/neuer-bei-em-im-tor--chance-fuer-wiese-gegen-frankreich/news/anzeigen_83433.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:59 am

ter stegen is atm the best in form keeper
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:39 am

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:ter stegen is atm the best in form keeper
Bernd Leno isn't so shabby either. I hope he can hold his own well against Barca tomorrow!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:40 am

Am I the only one who rates Joe Hart considerably higher than any of these German keepers?

He is unreal.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am

Arquitecto wrote:Am I the only one who rates Joe Hart considerably higher than any of these German keepers?
Yes Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 am

rwo power wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Am I the only one who rates Joe Hart considerably higher than any of these German keepers?
Yes Razz

You forgot the english media. Laughing

But honestly, I really don't see how Neuer or anyone else is better than Hart at the moment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:52 am

Well, if you look at the defense stats here: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t16898-the-best-defense-in-europe

You have for the löeague matches in this season so far

BMG (ter Stegen) at 0.57 goals against/match
Dortmund (Weidenfeller) at 0.67 goals against/match
Bayern (Neuer) at 0.67 goals against/match
ManCity (Hart) at 0.79 goals against/match
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 am

rwo power wrote:Well, if you look at the defense stats here: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t16898-the-best-defense-in-europe

You have for the matches in this season so far

BMG (ter Stegen) at 0.57 goals against/match
Dortmund (Weidenfeller) at 0.67 goals against/match
Bayern (Neuer) at 0.67 goals against/match
ManCity(Hart) at 0.79 goals against/match

Thanks for the stats.

But I cannot find myself agreeing that Ter Stegen and especially Weidenfeller have performed better than Hart (Stergen is arguable)

As for Neuer he hasn't exactly impressed me lately at all and I'd say TS is in better form.

As for Hart, I know you will hate this statement but he is playing in a higher level of football isn't he? (really sorry).
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:06 am

I agree that Neuer had some gaffes lately, but usually he performed nicely when he actually got something to do. It looks as if he is still trying to get used to the lack of work at Bayern. Last match he was so bored he started chatting with the ballboy by the goal even XD

BTW, Neuer played an outstanding WC2010. Where was Hart there? Razz And ManCity were kicked out of the CL. Bayern is still there. ^^

Weidenfeller is a pretty underrated GK. If you wonder why he never made to the German NT proper, it was mainly because he was always seen as rather outspoken and thus problematic. At Dortmund he benefits from the great defense with Hummels+Subotic, of course, but in cases of emergency he was always wide awake. Dortmund almost equalised the all-time best defensive record of Bayern last year for a reason.

Ter Stegen right now is a total beast. His big idol is Oliver Kahn and you can see it in the way he directs and shouts at his defense, no matter his young age. IMO he has the class to give Neuer a run for his money in pretty short time.

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Ter-st10
Ter Stegen doing a good Kahn impression
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:12 am

rwo power wrote:I agree that Neuer had some gaffes lately, but usually he performed nicely when he actually got something to do. It looks as if he is still trying to get used to the lack of work at Bayern. Last match he was so bored he started chatting with the ballboy by the goal even XD

Weidenfeller is a pretty underrated GK. If you wonder why he never made to the German NT proper, it was mainly because he was always seen as rather outspoken and thus problematic. At Dortmund he benefits from the great defense with Hummels+Subotic, of course, but in cases of emergency he was always wide awake. Dortmund almost equalised the all-time best defensive record of Bayern last year for a reason.

Ter Stegen right now is a total beast. His big idol is Oliver Kahn and you can see it in the way he directs and shouts at his defense, no matter his young age. IMO he has the class to give Neuer a run for his money in pretty short time.

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Ter-st10
Ter Stegen doing a good Kahn impression

Great summary, great points.

Although I like Weidenfeller but I don't think he can ever match up to the top tier of GKs. You always know I've been a fan of Wiese who is underrated imo.

Not much more to say about Neuer but to be honest he is affected by the somewhat dwindled morale and results by the team itself.

As for Stergen, he shows that even the most young and inexperienced can have that Kahn/Zoff like box presence. He's definitely one to look out for..

I don't need to speak about Iker or Valdes as they receive enough appreciation here,

But I'd like to see more appreciation from you about Reina and especially HART!!!!!!

:coffee:

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:15 am

Well, if you look at the best EPL GK thread in the Right Back section, you might notice that I mentioned Hart there in the first place (with Szczesny and Krul, whom I rate highly, too), so I am aware he is finally a pretty good English GK again after a long hiatus.

Proof: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t16766-who-is-the-best-goalie-in-the-english-premier-league#456617 Razz

BTW, looks like Tim Wiese will be the Nr.2 in the German goal at the Euro2012 after all, at least it sounded that way when Köpke was interviewed. Of course Löw will make the final decision in May, but for now the GK selection seems to be Neuer, Wiese and Zieler. Ter Stegen and Leno will probably play in the U21 with Kevin Trapp as Nr.1 for now.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Tonight Bayer Leverkusen meet Barcelona in the BayArena. For those interested in German GK talent - Bernd Leno (19) will have to brave the Barca attack. The youngster has only played 20 BL games so far (keeping 7 clean sheets in the process) plus 6 CL matches (only 1 clean sheet there).

When he was signed by Leverkusen in November 2011, they had to pay VfB Stuttgart a transfer fee of 7-8 mio Euros, making Leno the second most expensive GK transfer in the BL (after Manuel Neuer).

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Leno10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:30 pm

rwo power wrote:Tonight Bayer Leverkusen meet Barcelona in the BayArena. For those interested in German GK talent - Bernd Leno (19) will have to brave the Barca attack. The youngster has only played 20 BL games so far (keeping 7 clean sheets in the process) plus 6 CL matches (only 1 clean sheet there).

When he was signed by Leverkusen in November 2011, they had to pay VfB Stuttgart a transfer fee of 7-8 mio Euros, making Leno the second most expensive GK transfer in the BL (after Manuel Neuer).

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Leno10

why do i have a feeling he will score a late winner
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:33 pm

RWO rates Krul? Heart

BTW Ter Stegen is immense, i made an outrageous claim on another forum that i think if he continues to improve at that pace that he will surpass Neuer and be one of the top GK's in europe in 2-3 years( if not the best).

Whether it happens or not is another matter but iam known for being outrageous from time to time Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:34 pm

He's at near Neukem level at age 19... not really outrageous.

Bayern were deceived, really.

The ammount of goalkeeping talent RWO Germany has at her disposal is incredible.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next