who will be more of a success Bale or Neymar?

+24
Magic Spray
DuringTheWar
sportsczy
ExtremistEnigma
EL Patron
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
LuckAndWin
Red Alert
billy_gr
CBarca
VendettaRed07
FalcaoPunch
chinomaster182
futbol
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
Onyx
Zealous
Mr Nick09
jibers
Motogp69
buddytaller
Albiceleste
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

who will be more of a success Bale or Neymar? Empty who will be more of a success Bale or Neymar?

Post by Albiceleste Tue May 28, 2013 12:13 am

Assuming Bale goes to Madrid, which of the two will end up being more of a success, Nerman for Barca or Bale for Madrid?

if used like a cf, I could see Bale becoming more of an immediate success, being more experienced and adjusted to the european game. However I think Nerman will end up overall being a better player and investment as he becomes more suited to Barca. Whether this process will take several seasons or several months, I think it will turn out this way. this could end up being the new Messi v Ronaldo, on a lesser scale, as you know the media will create a rivalry of it. Again this is all hypotheticals, and assuming Bale does go to real madrid, which is only a rumor as of now.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

who will be more of a success Bale or Neymar? Empty Re: who will be more of a success Bale or Neymar?

Post by buddytaller Tue May 28, 2013 12:24 am

Bale will be on the right wing if he comes to Real Madrid, he'd be a left footed Ronaldo, Real Madrid will be less predictable and it would be an absolute delight to watch.

I think Neymar would also excel but he'll probably take more time to adjust to European football. It's hard to tell who'll be more successful overall but for next season, it must be Bale for sure, after that who knows.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

who will be more of a success Bale or Neymar? Empty Re: who will be more of a success Bale or Neymar?

Post by Albiceleste Tue May 28, 2013 12:28 am

I don't think Bale will be as good as he can be centrally, if hes on the right, especially if Madrid maintain the same style of play, since they just focus too much on the left side, Ronaldos side. Maybe the introduction of Carvajal will help but I think Bale would score more centrally. Also especially if Madrid get Isco or someone else, Ozil or Isco will be out on the right most likely, if not then one of them will be forced to the bench

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue May 28, 2013 12:37 am

This thread already exists :coffee:

Bale or Neymar
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 28, 2013 12:38 am

Nerman

I can confirm...

I am the future...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 28, 2013 12:40 am

werent you all about how Bale was a better signing Jibers? that flip flop
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 28, 2013 12:46 am

I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm actually a fan of both so it'll probably come down to the two respective coaches and how they use them.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 28, 2013 1:03 am

I'd say Neymar. He'll be the 2nd top scorer after Messi, while there's Ronaldo and the striker who could score more than Bale.

Plus Bale plays CAM or LW and those positions are taken at Real Madrid pretty much. Hopefully we don't sign him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 28, 2013 1:07 am

No you are wrong, bale's future is playing on the right so that he can get on his left foot by cutting inside and bamboozle the gk. he slowly moved from the left to the center and then to the right. his last game he played on the right to capitalize on his most potent skill, ala robben, his massive shot.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue May 28, 2013 1:17 am

Depends where Bale is played. Would rather have Isco played in midfield with Ozil than to buy Bale anyway.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue May 28, 2013 1:39 am

jibers wrote:Nerman

I can confirm...

I am the future...
rofl Laughing

OT,We will see,Neymar has the potential to be a overall better player than Bale but right now Bale is better

One thing that must be said though,Bale only got into god mode after he was given complete freedom from AVB,and in Madrid he wont have that.Quite the contrary since he will be obligated to play on the right.We have never seen him play there consistently so its hard to guess how he will perform, but my say is that he will be a lesser player than the one he currently is at Spurs and will kind of become a one trick pony unless he gets a lot of freedom.

Id say that this season Bale will outperform Neymar since he is the better player atm and Neymar still has to adapt to the european,and most importantly, the barcelona game , but after the WC i think Neymar will be the real deal.I believe he will improve massively, kind of how Suarez,Mata and Bale improved this season.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 28, 2013 1:54 am

I think Bale started in the middle vs Sunderland. He has a free role pretty much. I don't think he's ever started on the right. He was just on the right when he scored that long shot.

Him signing for us and playing on the right might be a bit unfamiliar to him. Plus he needs to prove what he can do for at least another season.

I don't think we should be signing Bale just because he's popular/the hot/latest etc player currently.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 28, 2013 2:14 am

Don't get the Bale love-in. The only thing he showed this season is that he has a cannon of a left foot and that he is quite a good freekick taker and that's it. Does he have good vision? Can he pick a defense-splitting pass? Does he dribble well, take on and occupy defenders? How does he operate and link up with his teammates in tight spaces? Sorry, I don't see anything special here. Just a player with a great shot who got moved into the center of the pitch with the whole team playing to get him on the ball as much as possible (averages 5 shots per game, more than Higuain and Benzema combined). Reus >>>>>>>>>>

Madrid will have some serious problems with their build-up and possession play, even more than under Mourinho, if they think they can play Ronaldo and Bale on the wings and Özil in the middle with another striker upfront. Who is going to string passes together in that lineup? Alonso and Khedira? Laughing Pls go.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 28, 2013 2:18 am

Yeh, that's pretty much the reason I'm not really a fan of Bale. I'd prefer a more technical player. If it's between Isco and Bale, hopefully we get Isco.

In terms of Alonso and Khedira, Alonso probably won't be starting next season. That'll mean Modric/Gundogan/CM will be playing and they'll need a DM next to them. So that means Khedira won't be starting either.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue May 28, 2013 2:24 am

Bale will be fine on the right, Di Maria rarely played as a RW before joining Real Madrid but he did great there. Bale will cut in from the right to his favourite left foot and can actually shoot the ball, he'll be interchanging positions a lot with Ozil, Ronaldo and Benzema. The Madrid team with Modric together with the four would be mouth watering to watch.

Lopez
Carvajal - Varane - Ramos - Marcelo
Khedira - Modric
Bale - Ozil - Ronaldo
Benzema
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 28, 2013 2:28 am

That lineup has 3 players that know how to pass the ball. Modric, Özil and Ramos. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue May 28, 2013 2:44 am

Bale is a guaranteed success, Nerman is still a question mark, especially at Barca.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 am

futbol wrote:That lineup has 3 players that know how to pass the ball. Modric, Özil and Ramos. Laughing

Varane as well. He hardly ever hoofs it out from the defense.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue May 28, 2013 3:52 am

I think Bale in the right situation will be better, but I don't see a team bending over backwards to make it work for him or build the team around him other than spurs. Barca will almost certainly do that for Neymar which is why he will be more successful I think.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 28, 2013 6:15 am

I could care less for bale.
All eyes will be on Neymar who has finally made the jump to play in Europe

Can't wait for this upcoming season
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 28, 2013 6:59 am

For the record, Bale started left but as everybody knows was given a role in the center midway through the season. By the end of the season, Bale was more often drifting towards the right side and cutting in onto his left side. That's not to say he started on the right or even stayed on the right side, but he generally was right of center and cut in, and more than anything would drift towards the right side rather than the left. I could see him continuing that trend until he's a complete right winger ala Robben.

As for between the two, I have no idea. Bale has a couple years on Neymar, and I'm not sure who has more talent. I'd have to see Neymar in Europe first and then give him a year to adapt and start to judge.

I think they're both extremely talented players, but I won't say which one will do better because I can't make that guess atm, and that's all it is-- a guess.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue May 28, 2013 8:38 am

how probabale is that he ends up in Madrid anyway?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 28, 2013 8:52 am

billy_gr wrote:how probabale is that he ends up in Madrid anyway?

Can't really put a number on that but you can bet your ass we're gonna try to sign him. It'll just be a matter of whether or not Levy/AVB want to cash in or keep the core of their current team intact.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue May 28, 2013 8:57 am

Tbh I am more scared at the prospect of Bale in Madrid than I would be if I was a Madrid fan knowing that Nerman comes to Barca
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 28, 2013 9:25 am

Bale will flop if he signs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next